• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

You're right, but it's been fun so let's put an end to this silliness once and for all;

"...can you build a great building of an age you haven't yet reached?"

View attachment 10471

Well yeah, but was that posted on the Euro-forum or here? Are you sure it's been properly translated? Did he perhaps follow up that sentence by saying, "It's cheating but we're going to wait a few years and then somebody will have to let us know before we fix it"?

DeletedUser26965

Well yeah, but was that posted on the Euro-forum or here? Are you sure it's been properly translated? Did he perhaps follow up that sentence by saying, "It's cheating but we're going to wait a few years and then somebody will have to let us know before we fix it"?
Funny, because I bet he'll try to actually argue with the guy who built the things to being with, lolz, unfortunately it will be a one sided conversation, unless he will claim he can speak to the dead. Oh, maybe that will be it, he died before he could realize the folly and make it so you couldn't get GB's out of age.

oh and he did btw, sort of in a way anyway;
"One of the most difficult tests in his career came with the Great Buildings feature for Forge of Empires. He underestimated the effect some of the bonuses would have on the game, especially the attack boost. Completely discarding the feature was unacceptable since it was very popular, but eventually it had to be fixed. So they released another feature, Guild vs Guild, that incorporated some of the bonus. This change was only partly successful, and received harsh player feedback, but the company was able to avoid eliminating the bonus entirely. This was very important to Anwar. He emphasized that, “Our users are valued customers and, while we do have to make occasional adjustments, we do not play bait and switch”."
http://www.gamesauce.biz/2015/09/04/anwar-dalati-the-crucial-question-is-why-casual-connect-video/

DeletedUser35351

Yes, that is the defense of my position that building higher-age GBs is not an exploit: because it is widespread enough to be called commonplace, and Inno has said and done nothing to change it.

Your defense, if I am summing it up correctly, is that in your opinion it makes the game easier, and things that make the game easier are bad according to a post on a European server.

You're making assumptions as well. Which one of us is making more of stretch is the question.
Yep the world is flat because it is widespread knowledge and no who can has done anything to change it. Sounds like familiar defense that was proved horribly wrong.

No you are, of course, incorrect (as usual) -- but you nicely twisted the stance to try and suit your own position. Which I fully understand due to how incredibly weak that position is.

My defense is actually that it does -- as this is NOT an opinion since this without a doubt is quantifiable true -- it does make the game easier and this can be proven with more than 50% of the current GBs. You on the other hand could not present more than 50% of the GBs that if acquired earlier than their presented age would not make the game easier -- and this even includes the GBs that no one wants. Thus an undeniable truth and subsequently a fact not an opinion -- well of course I suppose you can and have denied this but just because you are incapble of discerning truth or facts does not make it not true nor not a fact just makes you well... a flat worlder

As for the source of the information -- yes per a post by someone more credibly in the know than you defined by the position they hold and the responsibility that comes with that position (compared to your complete lack responsibility and thus complete lack of credibility) upon a server that is closer to the source than any other server that currently exists. What do you present -- your incredible irresponsible opinion.

Salsuero

Precisely and the information I pulled game from the European server which theoretically has a close connection to the developers than this US mirror site but then the basic reaction to that was -- its hogwash its not from the US server it means nothing

You probably missed it... so let me help you better understand: #sarcasm

DeletedUser35351

Man, you make this too easy.

Yes, I know, the Prime Directive of the EN Forum DNSL. Inno has violated their own prime directive for nearly 6 years now and somehow they're too blind to see it, how are you not emailing the CEO the moment you came upon this revelation? Let me help you get started so you can get right to the man and not bother with us plebes who can't comprehend the Prime Directive https://www.innogames.com/company/contact/

Okay I am human and can make mistakes in my presentations -- the second item you quoted has been fixed -- the third item however actual refers to something that is actually considered cheating -- and further the analogy is still sound and still comparative even though one is cheating (taxes in case you are enable to comprehend which I am speaking of) and the other an exploit. I think one mistake out of a plethora of posts is not bad when compared to all the mistakes that are being made by all the other posters :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

I think one mistake out of a plethora of posts is not bad when compared to all the mistakes that are being made by all the other posters

Yet another LMFAO. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You really do make it nearly impossible to take you seriously. I mean... really. Everyone else is wrong. Classic defense of the indefensible. Carry on.

DeletedUser35351

Yet another LMFAO. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You really do make it nearly impossible to take you seriously. I mean... really.
And you are supposed to be taken seriously you cannot even back up your stance with facts -- all you can do is lamely ridicule which is rather sad.

Salsuero

And you are supposed to be taken seriously you cannot even back up your stance with facts -- all you can do is lamely ridicule which is rather sad.

I think I ridicule pretty well! But... yeah... you keep at it, buddy. You're pretty close to converting everyone over to your side... I can just feel it! o_O

DeletedUser35351

Why people still here try to talk this guy out of this? It’s either never entering the vote stage or getting nothing but no at there.
Because obviously these folks enjoy being nasty and belligerent its ingrained in their nature

DeletedUser35351

You're right, but it's been fun so let's put an end to this silliness once and for all;
Case in point this guy even admits that he loves being belligerent and nasty -- as for credibility and responsibility totally lacking.

Salsuero

Dude, I've already dispelled your silliness already. Apparently you've either ignored it entirely of haven't gotten to it https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ding-beyond-your-age.23374/page-6#post-208793

As far as I understand facts... exploits are subjective. There's no "fact" that building GBs of a higher age is an exploit. And do we really need to provide facts to refute this guy? I believe the burden of proof sits squarely on his shoulders in this case. But he believes he's actually proven his case. And there's his first mistake. All other mistakes that follow are based on the giant first one, and are thus easily refuted.

DeletedUser31440

Case in point this guy even admits that he loves being belligerent and nasty -- as for credibility and responsibility totally lacking.

Holy moley Batman, he's figured out that there are trolls on the iterwebs, what'll he find out next?!?!?!

Edited for proper there.

DeletedUser35351

I think I ridicule pretty well! But... yeah... you keep at it, buddy. You're pretty close to converting everyone over to your side... I can just feel it! o_O
No you ridicules are pretty lame -- this is not the first time I have posted an unpopular position backed by facts and had a bunch of trolls ridicule the stance without presenting a ounce of factual information to back up their position. Spotting the pink elephant in the room that everyone else is doing their best to ignore and/or deny is something I seem to be pretty good at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

No you ridicules are pretty lame -- this is not the first time I have posted an unpopular position backed by facts and had a bunch of deadbeats ridicule the stance without presenting a ounce of factual information to back up their position. Spotting the pink elephant in the room that everyone else is doing their best to ignore and/or deny is something I seem to be pretty good at.

You never had the likes of me ridicule you. Is your opinion that my ridiculing is lame based on "facts" too? What you haven't realized is... you're the pink elephant! :oops::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.