• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26965

Okay how exactly does this back your position?
You're not to bright so I'll try to explain for you. It's not a "backing of my position", I'm not putting forth a position, you are, I'm rejecting your position based on the glaringly obvious that it's their game, they know what they are doing and what they want, hence the point of the second quote and nothing came to his mind to make him think "...anything about the game that, in hindsight, you'd now handle differently...", geez, let me spell it out for you, in your hyperbolic neurotic hysterical claims of "abuse" "cheating" "exploits" you think the game makers might pick up on such a thing, do you really think they're that stupid they wouldn't notice such an obvious broken thing in their own game? And really, why are you here in the Proposal section when you should be sounding the alarms to Inno that their game is broken and being taken advantage of by everyone, they even tell you in the rules to report such "cheaters";

"Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team."
https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/

DeletedUser35351

Here's an alternative line of thinking that should eliminate all your issues. I know it won't because you sound like you're angry that people don't play the way you want them to and so you'd like to stop them from doing so. But the premise of your argument is that these Great Buildings shouldn't be allowed because they are in the player's future eras. The reasoning is sound if you consider players to be in a bubble where building things is concerned.

However, I don't believe the tech tree is something that the people of your town "discover" as they get more advanced. I believe the tech tree is something that your people become more self-capable with. Meaning... just because you can't produce a higher-age thing doesn't mean that this higher-age thing is unknown to them or impossible to acquire. You have friends. You have a guild. Those folks are capable of "investing" in your town. In the real world, this happens. A lower-resource, less capable society may not be able to develop high-tech industry on their own, but that doesn't mean the infrastructure can't be built by someone from outside their community... even using labor from within the community to do so. The tech can't be built locally because they don't have the means, but they still have access to it. They might even look strange with a cell phone tower in the middle of a mostly farm-based community. But if cell phones allow them to export their goods and bring in much-needed trade, then who are we to look at them funny? Maybe as they grow and thrive, they will advance and be able to do more and more internally. But in the meantime, they shouldn't be relegated to sticking only to the things they can do.

So... a town that is centered around the appeal of a low-tech kind of "ancient" tourism shouldn't be expected to remain in the age of that tourist draw for all things. For one, it wouldn't be a very good tourist attraction if it did. You still need ATMs, cell phone and internet access, etc. for the tourists and for the people in charge of marketing the tourism, among other needs. You may be in a lower age of tech internally because your town is "mostly" stuck in the middle ages, for example, but you've added some key components to allow your middle-age town to thrive as a tourist destination. Perhaps a modern hotel for folks who don't want to sleep in a barn. Maybe a bank so they can spend money in your town and you don't have to keep that money under your mattress. How about a nice restaurant for people with food allergies so they know you aren't going to kill them for dinner. These are examples of towns that might be internally low on the tech tree, but that have had things introduced as amenities despite the low-tech nature of their existence.

The thing about camping in a low era that folks dismiss is that it doesn't necessarily have to be thought of as a town stagnating at a low level, but could be thought of as a town that is purposely not "aging" itself, but still finding ways to advance that are more subtle, but highly useful. Many European towns are visually stuck in the past, but that doesn't mean they haven't found a way to generate electricity or offer indoor plumbing. If we age our town using the tech tree, we lose our "quaint old town" appeal. Many towns in the real world purposely hold on to this. I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to do the same, while still finding ways to exist in a modern world as well.

Funny how he completely skipped what I said because it made too much sense. :rolleyes:

Actually I had not responded to it because I had not gotten to yet. Yes one of my responses came after yours but that did not mean I had by passed yours as of yet just responding to an earlier post.

That said I concur with your analogies both the initial and your summation that it makes sense but only to some degree. As such I am not sure if I can agree with it in totality as frankly establishing certain facilities would of course cause the community to lose that "old world" feel. Further the whole concept of what you portray does not completely fit within the scope of things. Certain advancement being available would almost automatically be adopted but there is no game mechanic to support this "partial" integration of products and goods that is the whole backbone of your concept. I mean the logical extension of your concept would allow cities to upgrade certain buildings (such the military ones) without the need of advancing along the tech tree and yet this is not possible. So why can I build a highly advanced building within my community but cannot upgrade other buildings. Note this is not a matter of choice but a matter of -- you cannot do it no way no how. So how would you -- with your concept -- explain this conundrum?

Freshmeboy

You give an example of one IA player having a Kraken and another without.....So..? He gained an edge in competition, most likely by paying for the prints and/or goods...He's happy, INNO's happy and you...well, you are not happy. And you would seek to rectify this by changing the rules midstream or nerfing this player's Kraken...How fair is that..? To the player in IA who now can't have a Kraken AND the player who has been nerfed because he owned one and it has been taken away so the game is 'fair'. You don't think that IA Krakboy isn't going to scream bloody murder that INNO has taken his cash and then reneged on their deal...? Get a clue, this proposal is a terrible idea for players new, old, incoming and INNO itself...If you can't see this you are suffering from proposal blindness.....

DeletedUser35351

You know what's more "exploitative", "abusive", "cheating" and "lazy"? buying diamonds p.e.r.i.o.d.
Okay? I can see your point but I do believe the game designers have done their best to not allow folks that buy diamonds have an extreme advantage over other players and frankly it is sort of a necessary evil so-to-speak. If no one bought diamonds this game would not exists. As such that seems like a pretty ridiculous stance to take short term or long term and is like comparing an apple to cashew and trying to say they are very similar.

DeletedUser26965

I do believe the game designers have done their best to not allow folks that buy diamonds have an extreme advantage over other players
I think that has to be one of the most absurd statements I've seen I can't even begin to take it seriously, my god man, if you think you have any chance up against a big spender you simply have no idea how this game works and should really just stop now.

Like I said from the beginning, if you left out all this rhetorical BS and gain some perspective I'd almost agree with you but you'd rather do the internet argument thing to try to make up for what god only knows is going on in your life.

DeletedUser35351

You're not to bright so I'll try to explain for you. It's not a "backing of my position", I'm not putting forth a position, you are, I'm rejecting your position based on the glaringly obvious that it's their game, they know what they are doing and what they want, hence the point of the second quote and nothing came to his mind to make him think "...anything about the game that, in hindsight, you'd now handle differently...", geez, let me spell it out for you, in your hyperbolic neurotic hysterical claims of "abuse" "cheating" "exploits" you think the game makers might pick up on such a thing, do you really think they're that stupid they wouldn't notice such an obvious broken thing in their own game? And really, why are you here in the Proposal section when you should be sounding the alarms to Inno that their game is broken and being taken advantage of by everyone, they even tell you in the rules to report such "cheaters";

"Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team."
https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/rules/
Hmm I can see where your seeming inability to comprehend would allow you to connect dots that are not even connectable. Again I will state it since you seem to be having difficulty understanding things -- in the totality that is the Forge of Empires game something like this would be an extremely small blip on the radar -- is it an exploit yes does it cripple the game no -- have I ever stated that it was anything but just an exploit -- no In fact it is not even the worst of the current exploits that are out there. Are the game designers aware of absolutely everything about the game -- not always -- I know because I have been there. Yes these guys seem like they are a lot more in touch with their game than some that I have met but that does not mean they are omnipotent which you seem to imply that they are. Further I make no hysterical claims -- I have simply had to repeat myself numerous times due to various individuals unable to pick it up the first time (such as yourself) -- but that neither makes them hysterical nor neurotic. An exploit is simply just an exploit nothing more nothing less.

Lastly I am here in the proposal section because I am proposing a fix to an issue rather than just saying there is an issue without any potential solution. Which is what you are suggesting I do. Most good managers do not want you to tell them just that something is wrong, they want you to present a potential solution as such it makes sound logic that one should do the same when presenting an issue to the game designers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35351

You give an example of one IA player having a Kraken and another without.....So..? He gained an edge in competition, most likely by paying for the prints and/or goods...He's happy, INNO's happy and you...well, you are not happy. And you would seek to rectify this by changing the rules midstream or nerfing this player's Kraken...How fair is that..? To the player in IA who now can't have a Kraken AND the player who has been nerfed because he owned one and it has been taken away so the game is 'fair'. You don't think that IA Krakboy isn't going to scream bloody murder that INNO has taken his cash and then reneged on their deal...? Get a clue, this proposal is a terrible idea for players new, old, incoming and INNO itself...If you can't see this you are suffering from proposal blindness.....
And why am I not happy? I think you overlooked my statement that said -- I have no issues with using an exploit for as long as its allowed -- however I am not going to lie about it either -- it is an exploit plain and simple -- again nothing more nothing less. I am not the one sensationalizing things or what appears to be blowing things waaaaay out of proportion. I have on numerous occasion stated things to the contrary. Just because an exploit exists within a game does not make it a "game stopper" but neither does it make it a good thing.

Further AGAIN -- man you folks do not seem to be able to read well -- My proposal has nothing to do with "Nerfing" anything in existence -- please read the fricken proposal it is very basic and very simple -- stop the exploit -- nothing more nothing less -- very very very simple. Further anyone that brings this up at this point in the extensive conversation over this is either not reading that which came before (which is plain rude) or are just to inable to comprehend things and ought not to be posting at all.

DeletedUser26965

Forge of Empires game something like this would an extremely small blip on the radar
This position is absurd in the extreme. You actually believe IG has no idea players can get GB's outside their age? You really believe that is an exploit? Seriously, that is disturbing to say the least. Again, you could remove the majority of what you're saying and just try to stick to why you believe readjusting the game to match your vision would be a good thing but alas here we are arguing crap as easily predicted and that is why most would argue against your position as it's so tainted with bogus junk it's more about the junk than the substance, maybe you'll figure that out one day.

DeletedUser35351

I think that has to be one of the most absurd statements I've seen I can't even begin to take it seriously, my god man, if you think you have any chance up against a big spender you simply have no idea how this game works and should really just stop now.
I never made any such claim -- not even sure where you pulled that from. Do I understand that if you buy lots of diamonds you can do a lot more than if you buy absolutely no diamonds -- yes I do. However, I have been in games where he who spends the most money wins and not in a small way but in way that makes doing it without spending money makes the game not worth playing. Now as for Forge of Empires not only can you buy diamonds but you can win them --- this has the effect of reducing the advantage that money players will have. Does it eliminate that advantage no -- but it could be a whole lot worse than it is I am sure.

Like I said from the beginning, if you left out all this rhetorical BS and gain some perspective I'd almost agree with you but you'd rather do the internet argument thing to try to make up for what god only knows is going on in your life.
LOL -- your ability to understand the big picture is truly abysmal. Had I not been basically attacked over and over again for things completely unrelated to my actual proposal most of the "rhetoric" would be unnecessary. And I agree having to do so is totally BS but that is not my fault talk to the those cannot seem to read that keep bringing up issues that have nothing to do with my proposal (like yourself). Yes I have passed my threshold at being nice in the face of obvious hostility.

DeletedUser35351

This position is absurd in the extreme. You actually believe IG has no idea players can get GB's outside their age?
That is not what I said -- I said this exploit of getting GBs outside their Age -- is but a blip on the radar that is the totality of the game.

You really believe that is an exploit? Seriously, that is disturbing to say the least.
Yes I believe this to be an exploit and I have provided unbiased proof that clearly shows that it matches the definition of what an exploit is. So believing something that is true to be true is disturbing to you aye? Hmm that probably explains a lot about your point of view.

Again, you could remove the majority of what you're saying and just try to stick to why you believe readjusting the game to match your vision would be a good thing but alas here we are arguing crap as easily predicted and that is why most would argue against your position as it's so tainted with bogus junk it's more about the junk than the substance, maybe you'll figure that out one day.

Yes you are absolutely correct I am constantly having to reply to bogus crap (like this) rather than talk about the actual issue. Further everyone keeps talking about adjusting the game to my vision -- I do not have a vision for this game -- I am (as I said and I will repeat it again since you were seemingly unable to understand it the first time even though probably will still not understand it this time) simply going off what they prime directives put down as what the designers envisioned for the game -- removing this obvious exploit (which again I have already provided proof of more than once that it meets the definition of an exploit) simply would bring the game more in-tune with the designer envisionment. The only one of its kind that I am aware of and as stated before one that is closest to the source thus the most reliable of what is out there.

Perhaps some day you will be able to pull your head out of the ground and actually get a better view of what is rather than what you keep imagining it to be but I am not going to hold my breath that it will happen anytime soon or at all for that matter.

As for discussing why my proposal is a good thing I would love to do so but no one seems to be able to get right what that proposal is and I am constantly having to correct their bad thinking and try to pull things back to the actually subject matter -- but they keep on insisting on wandering down a path that has nothing to do with my post.

Hmmm you know going forward I think someones' previous comment while not on target does give me an idea of how to handle all these neurotically hysterical BSing bogus off topic crappy posts that everyone else keeps posting about this topic.

DeletedUser26965

this has the effect of reducing the advantage that money players will have. Does it eliminate that advantage no -- but it could be a whole lot worse than it is I am sure.
You seriously have no clue how this all applies to this game and it's obvious by such absurd statements. By no measure be it GvG, PvP, Player Rank, Guild Rank, GE, will you ever have a chance against the big spender, ever, within weeks of a new world opening they will be in FE with Arc, a bunch of other GB's, 40 Cherry Blossom Set's, 50 sectors of the AA map etc. You'll be stuck in IA with an Oracle of Delphi lol.

LOL -- your ability to comprehend is truly abysmal. Had I not been basically attacked over and over again for things completely unrelated to my actual proposal most of the "rhetoric" would be unnecessary.
Do you even read your own posts? Let me remind you since you clealy have no idea what you said;
...I kind of like the exploit myself but when I look at it in the light of the Prime Directives put down by the Game Designers for proposals this one blatantly exploits a loophole that I feel ought to be stitched up....

Those were your words right from the beginning. And you think I have bad comprehension? I'd rather have that than insanity, fortunately I have neither. I certainly wouldn't come to a game like this and think the ability to get GB's out of age is an "exploit".

DeletedUser26965

Yes I believe this to be an exploit and I have provided unbiased proof that clearly shows that it matches the definition of what an exploit is.
No, you haven't and no it's not, you can believe pigs can fly too I don't care and I'm not going to just sit here while you puke bs about the game. Do you even realize what you are saying by citing the DNSL? You're saying to Inno they should not have made the game the way they have because it's on their DNSL on the EN server. Can you not grasp the absurdity of all this? That is what people are focusing on because that is what you started out by doing and that's nobody's fault but your own.

RazorbackPirate

I've read this entire thread which has been both amusing and exhausting to say the least.

You've based your entire argument on the DNSL that's found on the EN server? Without any evidence to support your claim, you conclude they are somehow a Prime Directive handed down by the developers themselves? Simply because the EN server is closer to the mothership? Wow. I'd call that a leap in logic, but that would imply there was logic to leap from.

Do you think just calling it an exploit over and over again will somehow make it true? With absolutely no evidence that this is, in any way, an unintended consequence or a flaw in the game's development. Your argument might have had a leg to stand on if Inno had limited what a player could purchase with diamonds to only blueprints or goods from a player's current or previous age. But they didn't. Yet somehow you know better than the developers who made the decisions what they intended for the game.

There is nothing unfair about any of this. Everyone who plays the game is given the full range of choices at the beginning of the game and have the same range of choices as everyone else throughout the entire game. Yet somehow equal access to equal opportunity is not fair? Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but equal access to equal opportunity coupled with individual freedom of choice, means we there will never be equal outcomes for all.

Oh, but we can't have that, now can we? No, letting people make their own choices and reap the benefits, or suffer the consequences of those choices is abusive and exploitative. We need to do something about it. So to level the playing field for those who made choices that were not as beneficial as others, we should now take away all the beneficial choices to make the level playing field, what, more level?

I could go on ad nauseum like you, but I won't. There's only so many words I'm willing to waste here. So, I'll just sum up my thoughts with this.

Having made such an asinine proposal based on nothing more than the EN DSNL and your HUGE assumption that this is somehow an official Inno document shows you're a bit naive. Continuing to defend this asenine proposal while completely dismissing the overwhelming evidence that your entire premise is based on a falsehood, shows you're an idiot. Defending it from the perspective that anyone daring to disagree with you and your asinine proposal suffers from a flaw in their moral character, lacks the intelligence to connect the dots, or is somehow mentally challenged, well... that just shows you're an ass.

So i guess you and i can agree on one thing. Sometimes you just gotta call a spade, a spade.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35351

You seriously have no clue how this all applies to this game and it's obvious by such absurd statements. By no measure be it GvG, PvP, Player Rank, Guild Rank, GE, will you ever have a chance against the big spender, ever, within weeks of a new world opening they will be in FE with Arc, a bunch of other GB's, 40 Cherry Blossom Set's, 50 sectors of the AA map etc. You'll be stuck in IA with an Oracle of Delphi lol.

Do you even read your own posts? Let me remind you since you clealy have no idea what you said;

Those were your words right from the beginning. And you think I have bad comprehension? I'd rather have that than insanity, fortunately I have neither. I certainly wouldn't come to a game like this and think the ability to get GB's out of age is an "exploit".
Totally off topic and at this point since this basically means you do not have the inability to stay on the original topic there is no sense responding since you obviously would not be able to understand a response.

DeletedUser35351

No, you haven't and no it's not, you can believe pigs can fly too I don't care and I'm not going to just sit here while you puke bs about the game. Do you even realize what you are saying by citing the DNSL? You're saying to Inno they should not have made the game the way they have because it's on their DNSL on the EN server. Can you not grasp the absurdity of all this? That is what people are focusing on because that is what you started out by doing and that's nobody's fault but your own.

Totally off topic and at this point since this basically means you do not have the inability to stay on the original topic there is no sense responding since you obviously would not be able to understand a response.

DeletedUser35351

Okay this one is slightly on topic -- barely but enough to give it an initial response

RazorbackPirate said:
I've read this entire thread which has been both amusing and exhausting to say the least.

You've based your entire argument on the DNSL that's found on the EN server? Without any evidence to support your claim, you conclude they are somehow a Prime Directive handed down by the developers themselves? Simply because the EN server is closer to the mothership? Wow. I'd call that a leap in logic, but that would imply there was logic to leap from.

And you base your stance on ... hmmm .... absolutely nothing. Seems like your leap of logic spans universes.

RazorbackPirate said:
Do you think just calling it an exploit over and over again will somehow make it true? With absolutely no evidence that this is, in any way, an unintended consequence or a flaw in the game's development.
No if you have read the entire thread as you claim then you would have read the evidence that I put forth that proves it is an exploit. So either you did not read the entire thread as you claim or are unable to understand the written word.

RazorbackPirate said:
Your argument might have had a leg to stand on if Inno had limited what a player could purchase with diamonds to only blueprints or goods from a player's current or previous age. But they didn't. Yet somehow you know better than the developers who made the decisions what they intended for the game.
Okay this one leaps almost as far in logic as your first one and makes a false claim since you have absolutely know clue as to what I know and do not know nor how I feel about what I do know.

RazorbackPirate said:
There is nothing unfair about any of this. Everyone who plays the game is given the full range of choices at the beginning of the game and have the same range of choices as everyone else throughout the entire game. Yet somehow equal access to equal opportunity is not fair? Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but equal access to equal opportunity coupled with individual freedom of choice, means we there will never be equal outcomes for all.
Again if you had read the entire thread as you claimed and actually comprehend it then you would know that I never said it was "unfair" -- yes everyone has access to the exploit -- that is fair -- further I stated I even use the exploit because its there and everyone can use it. Please do not post lies just to make your position seem better.

RazorbackPirate said:
Oh, but we can't have that, now can we? No, letting people make their own choices and reap the benefits, or suffer the consequences of those choices is abusive and exploitative. We need to do something about it. So to level the playing field for those who made choices that were not as beneficial as others, we should now take away all the beneficial choices to make the level playing field, what, more level?
This is purely laughable since it has nothing to do with what I denoted as being exploitative but not overly surprising you are just in the majority of folks that cannot seem[/b[ to understand the actual written word as is apparent by everyone arguing against something I did not even write.

RazorbackPirate said:
I could go on ad nauseum like you, but I won't. There's only so many words I'm willing to waste here. So, I'll just sum up my thoughts with this.
Yes I bet you could go on spewing nauseating content you seem to be pretty good at that thus far.

RazorbackPirate said:
Having made such an asinine proposal based on nothing more than the EN DSNL and your HUGE assumption that this is somehow an official Inno document shows you're a bit naive. Continuing to defend this asenine proposal while completely dismissing the overwhelming evidence that your entire premise is based on a falsehood, shows you're an idiot. Defending it from the perspective that anyone daring to disagree with you and your asinine proposal suffers from a flaw in their moral character, lacks the intelligence to connect the dots, or is somehow mentally challenged, well... that just shows you're an ass.
Your ability to drop into name calling to some how support your point shows your extreme lack of intelligent conversation combine that with the fact that most of this has nothing to do with the original topic any more than most of the other post just shows why you cannot grasp the basic concept and have toddled off down this path of meaninglessness.

Again I at least have the decency to provide proof of why I felt the way I do you provide nothing to support your point of view. Further I also provided proof of why I consider it an exploit and you provide nothing to prove your claim that it is not. Those two elements in and of themselves simple prove just how much you are what you claim I am and not a very good one too boot.

RazorbackPirate said:
So i guess you and i can agree on one thing. Sometimes you just gotta call a spade, a spade.
Except you do not seem even understand that phrase since by no means were you even close to calling a spade a spade. Have a nice day.

P.S. Do not bother responding you have been ignored -- people that resort to unprovoked cursing and/or direct name calling are just simply not worthy of anyone's time

Agent327

Okay that is actually a rather interesting view point and opinion. Of course your lead off statement about about using another country's forum seems to show your extreme bias. Especially since its that same foreign country where this game actually comes from both in the past and going forward (at least for now). The US is just a mirror of that foreign countries game. So when looking for the best material for using as a source it is always best to go to the actual source most of the time. Thus making your slanted initial comment totally meaningless which can only mean you are trying to shore up a very weak stance.

Actually it shows your extreme ignorance. The EN server is not a country server, but the international server. It isn't where the game comes from. The game comes from Germany, so you should go to the german forum for your "prime directives". That is the actual source.

RazorbackPirate

P.S. Do not bother responding you have been ignored -- people that resort to unprovoked cursing and/or direct name calling are just simply not worthy of anyone's time

Ding, ding! Do I win a prize? I'm so excited, it's the first time I've been ignored. Given it's this clown, I could not be happier. Unfortunately, him ignoring me let's me still see his posts ... Gotta go find that button.

Status
Not open for further replies.