• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser29623

"4. Build LoA and StM as soon as you get the 9 BP, but don't hunt for BP. If you have repeated BP, you can trade 2x1, but don't trade 2 of the same repeated BP, always do 1-1."

How can you not trade 2 of the same? It's the only option provided when trying to trade in duplicate BP's.

He means that if you have a stack of 4 on one print, don't trade two of them together for a third one. Trade one from that stack and one from another

DeletedUser35853

Hello, here is an observation regarding the Royal Albert Hall, that is mentionned as never to be built.
I started the game without much knowledge and slowly developed my town until i stumbled on this guide. First thing is BIG thanks.
After several months, here is the situation i was:
- Lighthouse lvl 4
- StM lvl 3
- Inno tower lvl 4
- CC lvl 4
- Frontenac lvl 10
- Temple lvl 2
- Arc lvl 36
- Terrass farm x 6 (reason why i had to go Inno Tower)
- SoK x7
- Achemists x 62
and some other event items bringing in FPs...

With this setup my goods vs coins balance was OK. I had a large stock of goods i accumulated when i switched to Inno tower, so the slightly unbalance was ok
177k goods and 182k coins daily.

With the soccer event, along with the Tholos, i have been granted 9 SoK. This completely unbalanced my coins production,
It went to 188k goods and 278k coins

DeletedUser35853

"4. Build LoA and StM as soon as you get the 9 BP, but don't hunt for BP. If you have repeated BP, you can trade 2x1, but don't trade 2 of the same repeated BP, always do 1-1."

How can you not trade 2 of the same? It's the only option provided when trying to trade in duplicate BP's.
It took me time to figure it out. Because i failed to notice you can actually select 2 plans slot before trading, meaning you will sacrifice one of each. By making so, you have a chance out of 7 to get the plan you look for instead of 1 out of 8 if you sacrifice 2 similars plans.

RazorbackPirate

Hello, here is an observation regarding the Royal Albert Hall, that is mentionned as never to be built.
I started the game without much knowledge and slowly developed my town until i stumbled on this guide. First thing is BIG thanks.
After several months, here is the situation i was:
- Lighthouse lvl 4
- StM lvl 3
- Inno tower lvl 4
- CC lvl 4
- Frontenac lvl 10
- Temple lvl 2
- Arc lvl 36
- Terrass farm x 6 (reason why i had to go Inno Tower)
- SoK x7
- Achemists x 62
and some other event items bringing in FPs...

With this setup my goods vs coins balance was OK. I had a large stock of goods i accumulated when i switched to Inno tower, so the slightly unbalance was ok
177k goods and 182k coins daily.

With the soccer event, along with the Tholos, i have been granted 9 SoK. This completely unbalanced my coins production,

Level your Lighthouse higher to balance out your Supplies with your Coins. LoA give a boost to the first 40 Supply collections. Also purchase the 60% tavern boost, every day if needed.

What server do you play on?

DeletedUser32824

my coin production is about 4x my supplies with a lvl 7 stm and lvl 4 loa (13mil coins and 3mil supplies right now). Thats just kind of how it is unless you sink a lot of FPs to re-balance it with a high loa. By the time you rebalance you've probably invested more FPs than you will ever earn through RQs with those extra supplies.

Tavern boost is a great way to get "free" supplies if you have a decent amount of tavern silver.

DeletedUser35853

Very true and I totally failed to think about that, but the tavern boost isn’t as high as needed. It still is a great way to balance it for cheap. Thank you for the reminder.

What server do you play on?
I am playing on Arvahall, but french server :p

177,000 goods daily
Bit much don't you think..
I'm only talking about my alchimists production. I get a lot more from the RQ, but as the coins and goods are balanced, I didn't mention that.

Level your Lighthouse higher to balance out your Supplies with your Coins
I thought about that. Only the cost of it, compared to the low level RAH stopped me from doing it.

On the long run i totally get that it's pointless to have both RAH and Lighthouse.
But given the low investment it costed me, and that upping my arc from 41 to 80 will take me quite some time, i think i will get my investment back.

That being said, thank you all because i might have leveled it a bit higher. I'll just keep it for now, until Arc is done. Moving to the next age will completely change my production anyway and my coins won't be as easily upgraded, because I'll need packs to upgrade my SoK.
I'm also amazed by your reactivity. That's great!

RazorbackPirate

Very true and I totally failed to think about that, but the tavern boost isn’t as high as needed. It still is a great way to balance it for cheap. Thank you for the reminder.
I usually have a 60% boost running every day. I buy it right before I collect, it runs out just before I collect the following day.
I am playing on Arvahall, but french server :p
Oui, tres bien. I was able to bring up your statistics on FoEStats. It only shows 5 of your GBs, they only show if they are level 4 or above. I was also able to load your city in FoE City Planner to look at what you have.
I'm only talking about my alchemists production. I get a lot more from the RQ, but as the coins and goods are balanced, I didn't mention that.
There are coins, supplies, and goods. When you do the Unbirthday Party Quest, you pay coins and supplies, and it produces goods. Goods are salt, rope, dried herbs, etc. Are your coins and supplies in balance? I would not think so, you have a lot of coin heavy buildings. I count 18 Shrines of Knowledge, 4 Sacred Sky Watches, a Pillar of Heroes, and your new Level 10 Tholos of Idols. You have 55 Alchemists.

When you collect, are all the Alchemists motivated? If not, that will gtreatly reduce the number of supplies you collect. An unmotivated Alch applies the LoA boost as (Base Supplies x LoA Boost %). A motivated Alch will apply the LoA bonus as ((Base Supplies x 2) x LoA Boost %). All of the boosts are calculated the same. An enthusiastic city, RAH, LoA and the Tavern boost. You need to get as many motivated as possible.
I thought about that. Only the cost of it, compared to the low level RAH stopped me from doing it.
When you first built RAH, that made sense. Now, they both cost about the same to level. I would suggest to level RAH, then level LoA, then RAH again. Level one, then the other until you have them both at high enough levels to balance your supplies with your coins. As you do, you will do more Unbirthday Quests and produce more of everything.
On the long run i totally get that it's pointless to have both RAH and Lighthouse. But given the low investment it costed me, and that upping my arc from 41 to 80 will take me quite some time, i think i will get my investment back.
I don't agree. LoA boosts the first 40 collections, RAH boosts the first 75 and the boosts stack with each other. The first 40 collections will have both boosts applied, like this:

((Base Supplies x 2) x LoA Boost %)+((Base Supplies x 2) x RAH Boost %)

the last 15 will only be boosted by RAH, but without RAH, the would have no boost.

RAH also gives you goods every day. In ME and later all your goods GBs will produce unrefined goods which you need to produce the refined goods of the age. When you get to Industrial Age, the production quest is 4 x 24 hour production, PE and later it is 5 x 24 hour productions. With larger goods buildings, in Indy and beyond, you will not be able to do as many produce 24-hour RQs as you do now. You won't make as many goods through RQs, and might need to make some goods with regular goods buildings. In CE your unrefined goods are PE goods, any you don't use, sell for Forge Points to players who want to build a Chateau or Alcatraz. That's another reason to level them higher.
That being said, thank you all because i might have leveled it a bit higher. I'll just keep it for now, until Arc is done. Moving to the next age will completely change my production anyway and my coins won't be as easily upgraded, because I'll need packs to upgrade my SoK. I'm also amazed by your reactivity. That's great!
As you level your arc and get all those medals, buy each medal expansion as soon as you can, and fill it with more Alchemists. More Alchemists will help even out your supplies also.

And make sure they all get motivated. Motivated buildings will have an immediate impact on the amount of supplies you collect.

Happy to help. Post again if you have any other questions. A bientot, mon ami.

DeletedUser29623

You’re confusing the discussion by referring to supplies as “goods”. You’re not producing 188K goods per day. You’re producing 188K supplies.

DeletedUser29623

I have Chateau, St. Marks, LoA and RAH, all at level 10, and my coins are still much more than my supplies. A lot of the special buildings that produce FPs are big coin producers, so if you prioritize a steady FP collection—for, say, an Arc group—this is likely to happen. I’m not really into filling my city with single type of supply building, either, as it’s a bit boring. Supplies are the main factor limiting the number of Unbirthday quests I do per day, but one good thing about producing a lot of coins is that you can do a lot of coin-gathering quests.

DeletedUser29218

I've been checking on and off this topic, upvoting the replies I agree with and/or the ones that add value to it.

As for the last discussion, here is my short answer:

You shouldn't lvl LoA just because your coins/supplies are unbalanced, specially if you already have a mid level arc. Even if you have an insane amount of coins, that's fine; lvling your arc you will yield you a much higher FP production if you are active.

RazorbackPirate

I've been checking on and off this topic, upvoting the replies I agree with and/or the ones that add value to it.

As for the last discussion, here is my short answer:

You shouldn't lvl LoA just because your coins/supplies are unbalanced, specially if you already have a mid level arc. Even if you have an insane amount of coins, that's fine; lvling your arc you will yield you a much higher FP production if you are active.

No where did the OP ask about FP production, he asked about balancing coins and supplies. So I addressed the question asked, and never mentioned FP production either. Had the question been about FP production, he would have gotten a different answer, one that addressed FP production. Since most of the rewards from RQs are goods, RQs are not really about FPs.

So you might want to be more on than off and try reading the OP to understand the question being asked, and understand the topic being discussed before responding to a question that was not asked on a topic that was not discussed.

Thanks for the backhanded insult though. That sure brought value. Lol. Could you be more obtuse?

I don't give a rat's ass about your upvote, your agreement, or your opinion about value. Speaking of rat's asses, that thumb on your upvote? Seems to be stuck in your own. You might want to get that out. Especially before you sit, or rotate.

DeletedUser31308

So you might want to be more on than off and try reading the OP to understand the question being asked, and understand the topic being discussed before responding to a question that was not asked on a topic that was not discussed.
You seem to forget you are speaking to the OP of this thread. This thread is the topic that all sub-discussions here should relate to. It shouldn't surprise you if the OP relates a question to the thread at hand, and it certainly shouldn't illicit such an angry response.

You may also want to reread and realize the person you were responding to about balancing coins/supplies asked no question. They were only observing the imbalance. It is you that decided that observation warranted advice - advice that may be completely wrong in the context of this thread i.e. producing FPs is far more important than balancing coins/supplies.

ODragon

And the imbalance shouldn't be surprising as the majority of things that make fp also make coins, some coins and supplies. I cant think of any that are just sup though.

DeletedUser35853

There are coins, supplies, and goods. When you do the Unbirthday Party Quest, you pay coins and supplies, and it produces goods. Goods are salt, rope, dried herbs, etc. Are your coins and supplies in balance? I would not think so, you have a lot of coin heavy buildings. I count 18 Shrines of Knowledge, 4 Sacred Sky Watches, a Pillar of Heroes, and your new Level 10 Tholos of Idols. You have 55 Alchemists
You’re confusing the discussion by referring to supplies as “goods”. You’re not producing 188K goods per day. You’re producing 188K supplies.
My bad. Obviously yes i confused the words supplies and goods. That's what you get when playing with the french version of the game. Sorry about that.

I also read my post again, and for a very strange reason, the ending is missing. Hence the confusion regarding my question.
So yes, I had a big imbalance between supplies and coins. I made some calculations, with the intent of getting more FP's daily. And I realised that building the RAH was allowing me to balance my productions, meaning more UBQ, meaning statistically, 4 more FP a day.
I initialy wanted to share that, because in the guide, RAH is listed as 'Never to be built'. In my case I find it useful as it boots my FP for a modest cost, adding 11 Recuring Quest a day.

In ME and later all your goods GBs will produce unrefined goods which you need to produce the refined goods of the age. When you get to Industrial Age, the production quest is 4 x 24 hour production, PE and later it is 5 x 24 hour productions. With larger goods buildings, in Indy and beyond, you will not be able to do as many produce 24-hour RQs as you do now. You won't make as many goods through RQs, and might need to make some goods with regular goods buildings
That is good to know. Since I am stuck in HMA for a while until my Arc reaches lvl 80, i haven't looked further than the next age.

And make sure they all get motivated. Motivated buildings will have an immediate impact on the amount of supplies you collect
Sadly they don't all get motivated. The coins/FP/Happiness buildings require 30 Motivations, and i get roughly 40 on my alchimists.

I am active, and my only focus is to increase my daily FPs as much as I can, in order to lvl my Arc (lvl 41 now, yay!). I find it much easier now to get FP's by sniping GBs, but i realise I need to drasticly increase my FP packs inventory!

Thank you all for your input, it's very interesting to have feedbacks from other players experiences.

DeletedUser29623

And the imbalance shouldn't be surprising as the majority of things that make fp also make coins, some coins and supplies. I cant think of any that are just sup though.

Right. I wonder why that is? I have a couple of special buildings that give happiness and a supply boost, but only the ones that give a whole bunch of stuff (Palaces, Pillars, Tholos, Bridge, etc.) give supplies along with a lot more coins.

I've found the RAH well worth building, but then I don't have any military GBs at all, so I might have more space than a lot of people using this method. My city is entirely focused on getting FPs and goods (which I use to get diamonds and FPs via GE). I need to produce a lot of supplies to spam UBQs. I'm also leveling my Arc to the exclusion of all other GBs, but that takes FPs and therefore goods. The RAH boosts more buildings and produces more goods than LoA, but I need them both.

DeletedUser31308

That is good to know. Since I am stuck in HMA for a while until my Arc reaches lvl 80, i haven't looked further than the next age.

While his info is good to know, his conclusion is far off. You're going to get your level 80 Arc. This will make it beyond easy to get your Chateau up above level 60. Thus, while your produce 24hr quests will drop off (I do 0 of them each day, in CE), your total quests will still go up and so will the number of goods from those quests. Most of your quests should be UBQs and Spend FP quests. For comparison, I can easily do 100 quests a day despite no 24hr quests, just from cycling FP and UBQs. I produce more CE goods than I can find buyers for, and have never needed to build a current age goods building (and never plan to in the future - waste of space). When your CF gets high enough, you end up being able to stretch your coin/supply much further (because UBQs refund more), which makes adding production buildings more efficient often than a goods building at producing goods (your coins will always outnumber supplies in the late game due to FP buildings, so your supply is whats holding you back, and boosting them a little can boost UBQs a lot).

Still, you'll find yourself reaching a point where you can UBQ as much as you have the patience for, and still not run out. At this point, adding current age goods buildings or houses or production buildings all feels like a waste. For me, the space in my city will start being used mostly for attack% boost, because that becomes much harder to add on than either FPs or goods or coins or supply. If you have no interest in fighting, you'll probably end up filling space with the highly efficient event buildings or GE buildings, or goods buildings from lower ages (your CF gives you all you need of current).

ODragon

Right. I wonder why that is? I have a couple of special buildings that give happiness and a supply boost, but only the ones that give a whole bunch of stuff (Palaces, Pillars, Tholos, Bridge, etc.) give supplies along with a lot more coins.

My guess is because of coding. A housing building gives coins + pop. My guess is that everything that is coded Residential gives coins (maybe even 0 pop though but some amount of coins is required? No coins = Cultural). The way production buildings are set is different so they can't have a Sup+ as all production buildings have to have the 6 time choices?

Now why they couldn't have a production building with 6 times that gives 6 different amounts of supplies and 1 FP, I don't know.

RazorbackPirate

You seem to forget you are speaking to the OP of this thread. This thread is the topic that all sub-discussions here should relate to. It shouldn't surprise you if the OP relates a question to the thread at hand, and it certainly shouldn't illicit such an angry response.

You may also want to reread and realize the person you were responding to about balancing coins/supplies asked no question. They were only observing the imbalance. It is you that decided that observation warranted advice - advice that may be completely wrong in the context of this thread i.e. producing FPs is far more important than balancing coins/supplies.

My apologies.

I guess I shouldn't have read Golden Rule #1, or any of Chapter 5.

I must also be doing something majorly wrong in my city. It seems every time I balance my coins or supplies, bringing the lowest one closer to the highest, I seem to be able to do more UBQs. When I do more UBQs, the damndest thing always happens, I always end up with more of those 5 pack thingies in my inventory. I just wish they had some relevance to this thread.

DeletedUser29218

I must admit a comment made me laugh more than it should have. I'll just say that, while doing school tutoring when I was 15 increased my purchase power by a lot, as an adult I don't do it anymore. The reason is that I have access to other alternatives that provide me more entertainment and money for my time. This also applies to different stages in the game.

I also read my post again, and for a very strange reason, the ending is missing. Hence the confusion regarding my question.
So yes, I had a big imbalance between supplies and coins. I made some calculations, with the intent of getting more FP's daily. And I realised that building the RAH was allowing me to balance my productions, meaning more UBQ, meaning statistically, 4 more FP a day.
I initialy wanted to share that, because in the guide, RAH is listed as 'Never to be built'. In my case I find it useful as it boots my FP for a modest cost, adding 11 Recuring Quest a day.

On that topic, when I did the spreadsheet for my city, under some conditions (early HMA stage, no IT, low amount of FP buildings, tons of alchemists) RAH was a good addition (I think to recall RAH+LoA+StM was yielding the highest amount of RQ, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm remembering it right). However, at the speed I was getting SoKs/TF/whatever, these conditions weren't going to last for long. Then there is the issue with goods: at the time you want it the most (new-ish city) you don't have them and if you have to pay FPs for these goods, its effectiveness is diminished.

In the end my conclusions were that the early benefits of RAH until it becomes "obsolete" weren't worthy enough of the investment, and decided to put RAH on the bench. I doubt for other players' cities this is different, but it is indeed possible.

Funnily enough, if I hadn't stopped playing I had plans to build RAH eventually, as a reliable source of unrefined goods to sell in very lategame stages (sadly CF only provides current era goods). Hopefully, Thruthehead and other people who followed the guide -with more or less personal deviations- get bored later than me, and keep us updated :)