• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

Right now I think my housing is about the same as the first level of Inno, pop wise....so I need no happiness now, but I seen now what you’re saying as I expand I will lay more houses and Alchemists and will probably need it.

With a population that is merely content and not enthusiastic, I would say you need happiness now. You would get 20% more coins and supplies every day that could go toward more UBQs. I see nothing that can be polished for double happy, I suspect they mever hit enthused.

If you've already gotten diamonds from Produce Carrots and the Carrot / Saltpeter combo, then dump the 2 farms. They only let you complete 1 quest, alchemists in their place give you 3.

The overall design of your city, is quite inefficient, your wasting a lot of space on roads. You should never put a road at the edge of the map, especially on a side you can't place a future expansion. You should use both sides of every road. The worst example of this is the road on the East edge running behind your GBs to connect CdM to your Town hall. At 17 tiles long, you're wasting the equivalent of one entire expansion.

The road on the North edge is another example, 19 tiles of roadway with only one side in use. With TH, and GBs only needing a single tile of road touching them, running a road up against them their entire length is also a waste. Each should be at the end of a road connected by a single tile.

You've got the equivalent of 3 - 4 expansions wasted on roads that could hold more alchemists to complete more Quests.

DeletedUser35894

With a population that is merely content and not enthusiastic, I would say you need happiness now. You would get 20% more coins and supplies every day that could go toward more UBQs. I see nothing that can be polished for double happy, I suspect they mever hit enthused.

If you've already gotten diamonds from Produce Carrots and the Carrot / Saltpeter combo, then dump the 2 farms. They only let you complete 1 quest, alchemists in their place give you 3.

The overall design of your city, is quite inefficient, your wasting a lot of space on roads. You should never put a road at the edge of the map, especially on a side you can't place a future expansion. You should use both sides of every road. The worst example of this is the road on the East edge running behind your GBs to connect CdM to your Town hall. At 17 tiles long, you're wasting the equivalent of one entire expansion.

The road on the North edge is another example, 19 tiles of roadway with only one side in use. With TH, and GBs only needing a single tile of road touching them, running a road up against them their entire length is also a waste. Each should be at the end of a road connected by a single tile.

You've got the equivalent of 3 - 4 expansions wasted on roads that could hold more alchemists to complete more Quests.

They are always enthusiastic, so there’s no need for anything to be polished.

Yes, my city needs work. That’s why I quoted the post I did and asked about it, because I could copy it as we have the same width and I’m going for the same GB’s and I really don’t want to tear everything down right now. Inno said they were going to introduce a new tool to make rearranging easier, but that was months ago, so who knows when.

There’s also that funky Inno math that doesn’t always favor enthusiastic...but they are anyhow.

Thanks for the tips.

RazorbackPirate

They are always enthusiastic, so there’s no need for anything to be polished.

There’s also that funky Inno math that doesn’t always favor enthusiastic...but they are anyhow.
The formula is pretty straightforward, nothing funky about it.
((Base Supply or Coin Production) * (1 + LoA or SMB Boost % + Tavern Boost % +/- Happiness Modifier)) * 2 when Motivated
Can you post an example of when Inno math does not favor enthusiastic?

DeletedUser35894

The formula is pretty straightforward, nothing funky about it.

Can you post an example of when Inno math does not favor enthusiastic?

I believe we spoke about it in another thread. It’s in the guide linked to in this very guide, page one.

RazorbackPirate

I believe we spoke about it in another thread. It’s in the guide linked to in this very guide, page one.
You made mention of it in passing when we were discussion HS vs. Traz, both happiness GBs, when you said.
I actually don’t need the happiness yet. I was able to tear down all my cultural buildings and still be enthusiastic for now. Although, I’m reading about how enthusiastic may not be good depending on your St. Marks and LOA levels.
To which I responded,
IMO, enthusiasm is always good. No matter what level SMB and LoA are. You just level your happy GBs along with your population GBs. But that's another topic for another thread. If it's not in this guide, pay it no mind.
The information on happiness in the linked guide contradicts information in this guide, specifically section 6 where HS is discussed.

If you reread the section that links to that guide, it is clearly says that the linked guide is on a different play style than this guide. Not sure why you're following it.

It takes 2 levels on LoA to add an additional 20% boost to supplies, 1 level on SMB for coins and lots of FPs to get those added levels. A cultural building cost only some coins and supplies. More than 27 tiles then HS, which also takes FPs to level, but gives FPs back in return. That's my funky math anyway.

DeletedUser35894

Been reading about some of the benefits, or at least, not as bad as perhaps initially thought, aspects of LMA. I wouldn’t consider moving there, but before I knew better I advanced on the map into LMA territories. Not sure how much I have left on the LMA map. I’m mostly on mobile and recently accidentally hit the explore new area button! It should definitely ask “are you sure”...

What I’m wondering is if I’ll still get the 2 recurring quests or does being too far on the map negate those? Either way I will stay in HMA for awhile, but if LMA will work ok, might do that sooner rather than later.

Not sure if that would be ok, or if I should still just park in HMA and then move to CA, rushing past LMA when I have a bunch of goods and FP saved and GB’s leveled up some more.

RazorbackPirate

To get the second slot to open while still in LMA you have you advance in both the story line and across the map to the last Story Quest. You can find a link to the complete instructions here.

I have one city that's doing just fine camping in LMA to build and level GBs. I am slowly working through the steps to open the second RQ slot. I don't plan to leave LMA before I have an Arc 80.

I also have a city camped out in HMA to build and level GBs. Once I have an Arc 80, I'll move up to LMA but I have no plans to rush through LMA to get to CA.

It will likely be a shorter stay than my current LMA city, as it was already in LMA when I began working these guides.

I see no point in rushing through LMA, it's also a great age for questing. I currently complete 75-80 RQs per day. Once I open the second RQ slot, I should be able to complete 100-110 quests a day and produce, on average, 38-40 FPs a day.

I'll stay long enough to harvest the diamonds from RQs, stock up the LMA goods needed to unlock all the tech that uses them, raise some GBs above lvl 10, and stock up coins and supplies to unlock both CA tech and rebuild my city with CA buildings.

DeletedUser29218

To get the second slot to open while still in LMA you have you advance in both the story line and across the map to the last Story Quest. You can find a link to the complete instructions here.

I have one city that's doing just fine camping in LMA to build and level GBs. I am slowly working through the steps to open the second RQ slot. I don't plan to leave LMA before I have an Arc 80.

I also have a city camped out in HMA to build and level GBs. Once I have an Arc 80, I'll move up to LMA but I have no plans to rush through LMA to get to CA.

It will likely be a shorter stay than my current LMA city, as it was already in LMA when I began working these guides.

I see no point in rushing through LMA, it's also a great age for questing. I currently complete 75-80 RQs per day. Once I open the second RQ slot, I should be able to complete 100-110 quests a day and produce, on average, 38-40 FPs a day.

I'll stay long enough to harvest the diamonds from RQs, stock up the LMA goods needed to unlock all the tech that uses them, raise some GBs above lvl 10, and stock up coins and supplies to unlock both CA tech and rebuild my city with CA buildings.

The problem with that is that after the 80 arc there is no objective reason to stay in a era ahead of HMA but still low era. No one buys goods from those ages, and you'll do less RQ's than in HMA.
You either stay in HMA and upgrade GBs, or advance to higher ages to sell goods (more rewarding, but also more time consuming). The only motivation I can picture to stay past the diamonds is if you like the era thematically, or to feed guild treasure in a given era.

RazorbackPirate

The problem with that is that after the 80 arc there is no objective reason to stay in a era ahead of HMA but still low era. No one buys goods from those ages, and you'll do less RQ's than in HMA.
You either stay in HMA and upgrade GBs, or advance to higher ages to sell goods (more rewarding, but also more time consuming). The only motivation I can picture to stay past the diamonds is if you like the era thematically, or to feed guild treasure in a given era.

With my HMA city, I don't plan to stay longer in LMA than the time needed to harvest the diamond, stock the LMA goods needed for tech, and the coins, supplies and possibly FPs needed to unlock the tech tree to Gambrel houses and Clockmakers. With a Chateau at level 10 by the time I get there, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks.

My HMA and LMA cities entered their current ages within a weeks of each other. I began building them out for questing and the Arc rush on the same day, and since then every GB in each city has been built on the same day. I've leveled them up at the same rate never more than one level apart for no more than a week or two. They have the same number of diamond and medal expansions, differing in size by only the LMA tech and map expansions. Nearly identical in every way except for the age.

I've not yet opened the second RQ slot in my LMA city, both cities still use just one slot for RQ's. In each city, I complete 75-80 RQs daily. My HMA city completes a few more "Produce 24-Hour" quests than my LMA city, the LMA city makes up for spamming a few more UBQs. Once I open the second RQ slot, according to the numbers my LMA will complete between 100 and 110 RQ's per day. I see no way that would allow my HMA city to achieve those numbers.

Agreeing with everything else you said, my experience is an LMA city can do just as many RQs as an HMA city, and activating the second slot, even outperform an HMA city by 20 - 30 RQs per day.

I've even sold some LMA goods for FPs. 2 IA diamond farm players who used them to negotiate the LMA expansion provinces on the C-Map, and a kit to build CdM an EMA player who built it before CoA, wanting FPs over coins. Not something I set out to do, I answered a player who posted on Global Chat who then led me to two other players on his friends tab. Let's just call those the exceptions that proves the rule. It was nice to make a few extra FPs, but no one's getting rich selling LMA goods.

None of that is reason enough to camp out for an extended stay, but it is reason enough not to tech rush through it as if LMA were an age to completely avoid.

DeletedUser35894

Ok HQS and @RazorbackPirate

The only reason I wanted to move out of HMA was that before I had read this thread I advanced into most of the LMA map while in HMA. I now know that tha’s no no, but is it enough of one to where I should move up in era? I’m guessing not as it just sounds like a smarter way of doing things and double-dipping quests, but I stopped going further and don’t think I “broke” anything.

I checked my map and have the Ravens Creek area needed to unlock the second LMA quest still open.

I unfortunately accidental, because of big thumbs and a small screen hit the button to send me there, losing that quest for the story line or rather pushing me further to do one. Sorry I can’t remember the exact name of those quests that send you to different area of the map. I hope doing that wasn’t a big deal?

The 2 quest in LMA guide also mentions opening a CA map area. Doesn’t this also break the rule about moving forward or doing just that one is ok?

I will probably stay in HMA for a bit when I get my CF and perhaps move to LMA in a few weeks. I do understand HQS thoughts on there being no reason to do it until the Arc is at 80 and I may still follow that. It depends on how many expansions this Arc gives me as I feel too cramped and I’m just simply bored camping too long.

I’m not sure I’m in this game for the super long haul and it’s important to still have fun. If when I get my Arc, very soon, the leveling looks like it’s going well, then maybe I’ll stay put.....but by the time I advance at that point I imagine PE goods and such might not have much profit to them. I dunno, first time player here.

DeletedUser35894

If negotiating GE 1-4 each week, you should get plenty of unattached units to fights the rare fighting daily challenges. Now that they've added the harder fights to DCs, you may need some levels in your CDM/Zeus, but HMA shouldn't be that hard and you have the tavern boost to help.

I also remembered the Event Quests that require you to recruit a troop of your own age or one age lower. How do you do that without a barracks? GE may provide it at times, but sometimes you don’t want to progress too far in GE at a time because you’re also trying to hit daily challenges as well.

DeletedUser31308

I also remembered the Event Quests that require you to recruit a troop of your own age or one age lower. How do you do that without a barracks? GE may provide it at times, but sometimes you don’t want to progress too far in GE at a time because you’re also trying to hit daily challenges as well.
I was able to use GE to complete them all. By looking at the quest list ahead of time, you can plan out when to advance how far in GE to hit all your targets. Obviously having a traz will make it easier eventually.

DeletedUser29726

To add, if you finish GE (or even just finish GE3) you won't get GE-related conditions from DC - so you don't have to 'save some' GE for DC - just do it as works best for the event and let the DCs handle themself. You can also sometimes use DC to get by recruit challenges (either champions' chest which is a bit RNG how helpful it is or the chest with 5 of each basic units). I've had no trouble doing events with no current age barracks.

DeletedUser35894

To add, if you finish GE (or even just finish GE3) you won't get GE-related conditions from DC - so you don't have to 'save some' GE for DC - just do it as works best for the event and let the DCs handle themself. You can also sometimes use DC to get by recruit challenges (either champions' chest which is a bit RNG how helpful it is or the chest with 5 of each basic units). I've had no trouble doing events with no current age barracks.

I’m not sure what you mean exactly. You mean if you finish GE right away then it won’t ask for GE related tasks in DC?

Then I would have trouble using it for the quests?

What is RNG concerning the Champions Chest? Not sure what that acronym is. I’ve wanting the champions barracks forever now. Was just going to use that and one rogue hideout.

DeletedUser29726

I’m not sure what you mean exactly. You mean if you finish GE right away then it won’t ask for GE related tasks in DC?

Then I would have trouble using it for the quests?

Well there's two situations:
1) you have an upcoming event quest and need to save some GE to recruit some units - then you may get GE requests in DC, and can hopefully do them in a way that cooperates with the event (usually DC requests don't ask for too many encounters).
2) the next event quests don't need any more GE from you, you can finish it and not need to do any for DC.

In general I've found it's not been an issue. It does require you being cognisant of when you're going to need GE for the event, but DC handles itself.

What is RNG concerning the Champions Chest? Not sure what that acronym is. I’ve wanting the champions barracks forever now. Was just going to use that and one rogue hideout.

RNG = random number generation. The champion's chest gives 1, 3, 5, 10 champions or a retreat. Depending on the quest you may or may not get enough champions to complete it. Conversely the basic unit chest always gives you 5 units and is almost always enough to complete a recruit units of your age quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35894

I was able to use GE to complete them all. By looking at the quest list ahead of time, you can plan out when to advance how far in GE to hit all your targets. Obviously having a traz will make it easier eventually.

Thanks. Yes, you are probably correct. I’m gonna leave on barracks up, just in case, until I have the Traz.

It can get a little tricky timing everything with story quests, DC’s and events, especially concerning what boosts I need on. During GE I need the 30% fight boost. As I advance some GB’s and get a Traz all this will become a bit simpler.

Thanks to all for the guidance. It’s helped a lot.

I’m going to do some math on the Traz happiness. It seems if I still need housing, because I don’t have enough other sources for coin, and Inno would take coin away that Traz could actually work in my favor over HS or IT. Wisdom here says no, so I’m probably wrong, but I think I need more housing for coin than many of you.

I don’t have excell. Gonna see what I can do on my Mac though. Is there anything close enough without buying Excell?

DeletedUser35831

So with regards to the Terrace Farm and population:

Once you have an Inno (and maybe a Traz) it seems like a non-issue, but before that it feels like the Terrace Farm is eating up far too much space. Sure, it's 5FP/day, but it also requires a large chunk of population which requires a large chunk of extra happiness, and all that space adds up to a whole lot fewer Alchemists/Clockmakers in the end. I find that I'm keeping things like Oasis and ALQ in my city just to keep up the population to deal with TFs and I'm fairly sure that can't be efficient in the end.

The obvious answer is for me to just sit down and do the math, I guess. I'll have to get on that.

DeletedUser29726

If you're doing things in a low age and without a really high chateau :
1) Terrace Farms are more efficient than alchemists in pure daily FP production. You'd need to get 14 quests out of the 6 alchemists or so (taking into account population need difference) you could fit instead to be as good - and that's still a lot more clicky even if your chateau is high enough to make it true.
2) You should never be using Oasis for population. Its use is in high ages for goods without costing population or requiring quests - it's terrible population. And in lower ages isn't as good for goods as just running more houses + a regular ol' goods building. Use gambrels or townhouses for population.

DeletedUser35894

Ok HQS and @RazorbackPirate

The only reason I wanted to move out of HMA was that before I had read this thread I advanced into most of the LMA map while in HMA. I now know that tha’s no no, but is it enough of one to where I should move up in era? I’m guessing not as it just sounds like a smarter way of doing things and double-dipping quests, but I stopped going further and don’t think I “broke” anything.

I checked my map and have the Ravens Creek area needed to unlock the second LMA quest still open.

I unfortunately accidental, because of big thumbs and a small screen hit the button to send me there, losing that quest for the story line or rather pushing me further to do one. Sorry I can’t remember the exact name of those quests that send you to different area of the map. I hope doing that wasn’t a big deal?

The 2 quest in LMA guide also mentions opening a CA map area. Doesn’t this also break the rule about moving forward or doing just that one is ok?

I will probably stay in HMA for a bit when I get my CF and perhaps move to LMA in a few weeks. I do understand HQS thoughts on there being no reason to do it until the Arc is at 80 and I may still follow that. It depends on how many expansions this Arc gives me as I feel too cramped and I’m just simply bored camping too long.

I’m not sure I’m in this game for the super long haul and it’s important to still have fun. If when I get my Arc, very soon, the leveling looks like it’s going well, then maybe I’ll stay put.....but by the time I advance at that point I imagine PE goods and such might not have much profit to them. I dunno, first time player here.

Quoting this again because I’m still not sure what to do here as the guide doesn’t specify if you’ve gone too far.

The guide says only move forward on the map for the expansions, but it also says it’s ok to use the Map for the Event wins. Does that mean we can explore other areas besides just the expansions?....and go so far as IA while we are in HMA to win events? It might break recurring quests after IA? The guide said it would be updated if anyone ever figured out if it did or not.

Will that second slot in LMA open if those map areas have been opened in advance of getting there? It looks like I have all but one of the expansions opened for LMA and the Ravens Creek and the CA one needed for the second recurring LMA quest unopened.

Events seem to offer fighting options in lieu of taking a sector. Is it always this way for every event?

Is it ok to take a sector, or scout, etc...for a daily quest? They are asking for that now and I just skip them as I was afraid of advancing further.

@RazorbackPirate you don’t seem to worried about unlocking the Map?

I just don’t know if I’m best off staying put in HMA or I blew it by moving too far on the Map or if that’s actually ok because we are supposed to do that up until Industrial Age while in HMA?

DeletedUser35894

Here’s my current plan for a new layout, not quite complete as it got late...but this is the general idea. I’m getting my CF very soon and the Arc not far behind so I needed to plan ahead....

Edit: I’m getting errors trying to upload pics?

I will link directly tomorrow from my FOE planner account, but I wanted to also show reference to a layout that @HQS cant join forum posted somewhere and also to @ThruTHEhead ‘s pic as I kind of used a combo of the two of them.