• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Can we group the hard core battle mongers into their own neighborhood and towers?

DeletedUser34800

No, I'm not. I was an IA player 8 months ago, not 5 years ago. I remember exactly what it was like. Even then, I saw the sad payout of the IA tower, the EMA tower, the HMA tower, etc, and just scoffed at it. The same way I scoffed at the Colosseum and it's terrible medal payout.

I had my first expansions through the 500 medal expansion within a week of being able to donate to my guildmates GBs. It was not because of the PvP towers at all. Being in the IA/LMA and making the little bit of medals from the tower didn't matter anymore. They pay too little and take too long to add up.

I'm not thinking about this as an advanced player. I even pointed that out multiple times. I am approaching this conversation as I approached being an IA and LMA player. Again, even then I realized the PvP towers medals were crap.

Donating to your guildmates GBs is the way to get medals. It's how I did it when I was lower aged (again, not talking about now, when I started).

DeletedUser31440

I doubt they said so.

I'm pretty sure they did not. Have you considered what "loophole" is?

Have you considered that this "loophole" is actually a purposeful game mechanic? You sound like the kid that didn't make the varsity squad, but instead of working to get better you just sit around at the JV practice and complain that the varsity coach has some vendetta against you.

DeletedUser31440

I've been thinking about your yesterday's ideas regarding GvG and your position... didn't want to rush with conclusion.
I despise it.
Let me ignore you from now on.

Despise it and ignore me if you'd like, no difference to me. End of the day you still will be too slow and weak to compete in GvG.

DeletedUser34480

That's a terrible analogy. The reason why we have highway speeds limits is to have safety and reduce injuries. Now tell me, how do these concepts of safety and injuries have anything to do with FoE?
Not really.
It is an idea of adhering to others.
Highway and 150 mph itself is fine. Check out German autobahns :)

Nobody is trying to force down a vision to a mainstream player. The mainstream player can choose to play competitively, or not at all.
Should it be the only way? :)

I would say you're the mainstream player who's trying to force all of the competitive players to play your way just so you can get coddled and feel good.
I didn't say that :)
I share a topic starter view. Game doesn't stop you from getting non-compliant to your Age stuff. But, when it comes to face-to-face encounter, it is unfair to have no handicap.

DeletedUser35712

I doubt they said so.

I'm pretty sure they did not. Have you considered what "loophole" is?
index.php

Anwar was one of the original developers of the game. Too bad he's dead, but he, as speaking from the team, says that having a great building beyond your age is perfectly good.

Loopholes are things that violate the laws but cannot be punished because of the vagueness of the law. There is nothing vague here.

Agent327

I doubt they said so.

You should read the tips on the login screen more often. They also explain how you can get blueprints. Can you show me where they say you are not allowed to motivate, polish or plunder players beyond your age? Or where they sayu you are not allowed to use blueprints of GB's beyond your age when you find them?

You really have a very weird understanding of the game. Thinking you are the only one that understands the devs does not really help either.

DeletedUser35712

Not really.
It is an idea of adhering to others.
Highway and 150 mph itself is fine. Check out German autobahns :)
Do you not understand that if there is a speed limit on a highway, it's supposedly unsafe to drive excessively over that? You also don't understand that German autobahns are designed for the high speed, thus not needing a speed limit. American highways are not designed for such high speeds.

Should it be the only way? :)
If the other way was racing through the ages and not being prepared at the game whatsoever, then yes? There are many different playstyles in the game, but if you are looking for smooth progression that is in GBs and not on the tech tree, and dominating, slowing down will help. Every playstyle has different rewards and challenges, and the reward of being the top either comes from spending diamonds on the right thing, or understanding the underlying game mechanics.

I didn't say that :)
I share a topic starter view. Game doesn't stop you from getting non-compliant to your Age stuff. But, when it comes to face-to-face encounter, it is unfair to have no handicap.
You are one of those players who literally said that having GB's ahead of their age is unfair. You're advocating for not having those things in order to make things "fair". You even said that players must adhere to the "cornerstone subject" of playing within their age. This is an attempt to force good players to have to play the "mainstream" style, which is not so optimal.

DeletedUser34480

says that having a great building beyond your age is perfectly good.
I'd say it is more of OK than good.
But that's not the point. It certainly doesn't say what you said, "Except Inno has specifically said that you should try to get GBs ahead of your era."

Loopholes are things that violate the laws but cannot be punished because of the vagueness of the law. There is nothing vague here.
Yeah, what's vague about having a machine gun in Middle Ages. Or, a nuke blueprint in Colonial.

DeletedUser35712

"Except Inno has specifically said that you should try to get GBs ahead of your era."
You can find this on the loading screens.
Yeah, what's vague about having a machine gun in Middle Ages. Or, a nuke blueprint in Colonial.
Those aren't laws you are discussing. Inno never banned people for having troops way above their era. Those guys should be rewarded for the expensive endeavor on negotiating to get to those high-level quests that provide unattached units.

Agent327

Those aren't laws you are discussing. Inno never banned people for having troops way above their era. Those guys should be rewarded for the expensive endeavor on negotiating to get to those high-level quests that provide unattached units.

Actually Inno provides the opportunity for you to have troops beyond your era.

DeletedUser35712

Actually Inno provides the opportunity for you to have troops beyond your era.
I think I misworded the statement. I do know you can get musketeers and some stuff on the LMA questline, and get PME units, etc.

DeletedUser34480

American highways are not designed for such high speeds.
Oh, sure they can safely handle more than a speed limit.
To reiterate, you get a racer BMW and he'd be perfectly safe at 150. Heck, I'll be perfectly safe at 100.
Yet, we all drive (at least, supposedly :)) 60-70 mph.
Why? Because this "safety" is not for a given driver, we adhere to all driver and junk yard cars on the road. Otherwise, your statement would translate into "get competitive or stop driving" :))

So, topic starter is asking "get all these speeding sport car owners to their own track", and "racers" are saying "there is no speed limit here, adhere or don't complain".
There could be some compromise established. "Could" doesn't mead "Inno would". I'm pretty sure, they won't.
But, abstractly speaking, I see a merit in topic starter complaint.

You are one of those players who literally said that having GB's ahead of their age is unfair. You're advocating for not having those things in order to make things "fair". You even said that players must adhere to the "cornerstone subject" of playing within their age. This is an attempt to force good players to have to play the "mainstream" style, which is not so optimal.
Wow, man, have you mixed it all up!
I did say it is unfair to others. I'm not really "advocating" for not having it, since it is a given reality that no one will change.
Given previous, I certainly didn't mean players "must" do it, so the last one really is out of the blue :) Do you actually remember what we are discussing?

DeletedUser34480

Well, I feel that we really lost a point of discussion.

Topic starter suggested to have top players being consolidated into separate neighborhoods. The reason, all that above-the-age stuff makes it unfair competition.

So, what are we actually arguing here?
To me, it sure is unfair fight, I don't see how it is not.
Do we argue that it is not a big deal? I'm OK with it, since no one is going to segregate players :)

Or, do we try to find a compromise? Have some handicap for those who are not using out-of-Age stuff?

ODragon

Some would say there is already a handicap, the diamonds and/or fp they are spending to get the above age gb.

- KQ -

Well, I feel that we really lost a point of discussion.

Topic starter suggested to have top players being consolidated into separate neighborhoods. The reason, all that above-the-age stuff makes it unfair competition.

So, what are we actually arguing here?
To me, it sure is unfair fight, I don't see how it is not.
Do we argue that it is not a big deal? I'm OK with it, since no one is going to segregate players :)

Or, do we try to find a compromise? Have some handicap for those who are not using out-of-Age stuff?

We use to have multi-age neighborhoods. There wasn't much you could do about people multiple eras above you. They stopped that and segregated by age. It's pretty easy to not advance beyond your ability to put up a decent defense. People that rush through ages are going to have a tough time defending themselves. People set themselves up to be in an unfair situation.

I'm a camper. I attack and plunder people that don't aid me occasionally. I find people that are fighting way above their weight with defensive armies and I find people that are near me in ranking points putting up two spearfighter defenses or better yet, one rogue. This is a strategic game. Let's not dumb it down for people that aren't willing to work at thinking about building their city so that it can prosper.

DeletedUser29726

We use to have multi-age neighborhoods. There wasn't much you could do about people multiple eras above you. They stopped that and segregated by age. It's pretty easy to not advance beyond your ability to put up a decent defense. People that rush through ages are going to have a tough time defending themselves. People set themselves up to be in an unfair situation.

I'm a camper. I attack and plunder people that don't aid me occasionally. I find people that are fighting way above their weight with defensive armies and I find people that are near me in ranking points putting up two spearfighter defenses or better yet, one rogue. This is a strategic game. Let's not dumb it down for people that aren't willing to work at thinking about building their city so that it can prosper.

I miss multiage hoods on most of my servers - you only get that really in the top hood on a new server now. They were so much more useful for trading and provided incentive to keep moving. Less fair hoods back please!

- KQ -

I miss multiage hoods on most of my servers - you only get that really in the top hood on a new server now. They were so much more useful for trading and provided incentive to keep moving. Less fair hoods back please!

I agree about the trading and even blueprints in a mixed hood. Most of that can be mitigated by a good guild.

I'm pretty much a daily aider and I rarely got plundered in the mixed hoods and that was with having to make multiple collections in a day. It used to bother me a bit when I got plundered. Then I realized that it was minimal work to avoid being plundered and a small price to pay for the occasional times I do get plundered.