• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Hagia Sofia worth it for FP?

DeletedUser31540

purely from a max productivity perspective, hagia is pretty much a dead GB and is no longer worth building as a FP producer.
for a long time FP buildings were very hard to win, they could only be won once per month or less during big events.
recent changes to the game have made it possible to win multiple FP buildings every week. so investing fp's to get fp's is not necessary anymore
[i.e. you could level your hagia for another fp...but in the same time, you could win 1 or more fp buildings]

hagia takes 2950 FPs to get to level 10 and 6fp/day (where it is equal output to SSW)
building hagia to level 10 instantly in 1 day, where the owner gets a generous 40% for free from 1.9 arcs and other small contributions, the owner would have to add 1770fp.
it would take 295 days to break even
[this is basically the best case scenario. higher levels, slower leveling, or less free contributions would just increase the break even time]

dropping a t-farm and a instant level 10 hagia at the same time..
in 295 days
the hagia would be net 0
the t-farm would be net 1475
1 ssw would be net 295

consider all the fp producing event buildings that could be put in for zero fp's invested
=

a level 70 hagia earns 42fp/day. according to claire above the owners cost is 17,166fp.
which in best case scenario, would take about 408 days to break if it was built in 1 day.

Your opinion is bad

Your argument basically is —- Hagia is not worth it because event building are more profitable

This is a flawed stance as Hagia sophia > all event buildings combined

Did i convince you? You should be convinced ... i am right afterall ...

RazorbackPirate

purely from a max productivity perspective, hagia is pretty much a dead GB and is no longer worth building as a FP producer.
for a long time FP buildings were very hard to win, they could only be won once per month or less during big events.
recent changes to the game have made it possible to win multiple FP buildings every week. so investing fp's to get fp's is not necessary anymore
[i.e. you could level your hagia for another fp...but in the same time, you could win 1 or more fp buildings]

hagia takes 2950 FPs to get to level 10 and 6fp/day (where it is equal output to SSW)
building hagia to level 10 instantly in 1 day, where the owner gets a generous 40% for free from 1.9 arcs and other small contributions, the owner would have to add 1770fp.
it would take 295 days to break even
[this is basically the best case scenario. higher levels, slower leveling, or less free contributions would just increase the break even time]

dropping a t-farm and a instant level 10 hagia at the same time..
in 295 days
the hagia would be net 0
the t-farm would be net 1475
1 ssw would be net 295

consider all the fp producing event buildings that could be put in for zero fp's invested
=

a level 70 hagia earns 42fp/day. according to claire above the owners cost is 17,166fp.
which in best case scenario, would take about 408 days to break if it was built in 1 day.
While perfectly appropriate to compare HS with FP producing Special Buildings when talking about FPs per tile and required levels for HS to equal those densities, it's flawed to analyze it from a zero sum perspective. We're not talking about letting SoKs, SSWs, TFs, or any other FP producing buildings sit in inventory to build HS instead. You're analysis is far too reductionist, leading to a flawed conclusion.

For instance, when comparing HS with TFs, you also need to analyze the cost of the population required to add the TF if you have one. Adding my last TF required also adding 2 levels to Inno Tower for the pop, and 3 levels to HS for the happy. This added 3 more daily FPs to the 5 from TF. Where's that in your analysis?

It's about available capital (land and FPs), alternative uses of that available capital, and finding the highest short and long term ROI for that capital investment.

The questions are, "Given the all the available uses of this space and these FPs at this time, will using them to build HS give me more FPs per day?" Since you'll rarely ever compare HS to taking other stored FP producers out of inventory, for most people, in most cases, the answer will be. "Yes, HS makes sense."

Since 'sufficiently leveled' is the same caveat with any other GB worth building, whether it produces FPs or not, beyond FPs in vs. FPs out, sufficiently leveled' is a bit of a non-argument. With rare exception, no GB is worth the space it occupies below level 5 or 6 at least, some needing 10 or more to be worth the space. You might take it slow, or pause along the way, but if you're not planning to raise a GB to at least 10 after you build it, IMO there's little point in building it.

DeletedUser

Whenever I see someone post a calculation on whether a GB is worth it or not, and they use Arc owners putting 1.9x donations in as part of their calculations, but ignore swaps and other things, I just disregard their whole post. Their mind isn't open to other opinions (at least on that particular subject) and they're just cherry picking points that support their pre-conceived view.

Woody*

Whenever I see someone post a calculation on whether a GB is worth it or not, and they use Arc owners putting 1.9x donations in as part of their calculations, but ignore swaps and other things, I just disregard their whole post. Their mind isn't open to other opinions (at least on that particular subject) and they're just cherry picking points that support their pre-conceived view.

My mind is open, and I hope that I put enough disclaimers in my posts to make it clear that play style makes things highly variable. Not everyone is going to level their GBs using 1.9s. And only a small minority are going to level GBs to 70. But there is simply no way to cover every possible scenario without writing a couple hundred pages.

Woody*

The challenge facing many players with multiple GBs pushed through the leveling trough is to squeeze the maximum productivity per city - not solely per square - from their towns at minimum cost. For them, Hagia is an excellent GB at level 70 because of it's output, and better than many alternatives (but not as good as Inno, Cape, and AO for example).

The problem is that after you exit the trough, the cost to level GBs skyrockets. So even though the Hagia doesn't give an additional FP per level like AO and Cape, you can achieve much greater return on investment (space and FPs) by pushing Hagia through the trough as opposed to leveling those others past 100.

AceGoober

Thank you everyone for the information. It has been very helpful as to whether I'll keep my HS or replace it. At this time I am keeping HS and will work around getting other GBs I want placed in my city as well.

DeletedUser13838

If you're not playing for the long term then efficiency doesn't matter. The idea that the HS is a dead GB is nonsense. Like any GB, it can't be plundered and doesn't need to be motivated. That's a huge advantage once you've been playing a while and accumulated a lot of buildings that need to be aided. It's not a great GB early because of the space requirement, but it's easy to build and level to a point where it's more "efficient" than an fp building that either requires a motivation or can be plundered.

DeletedUser31308

you do realize i wasn't writing for you? lol

really? when was that the question? i read the OP and didn't see that one.

from max productivity perspective, hagia is basically a dead GB and should not be built by a fully knowledgeable player who is playing for max productivity...unless they are making the commitment to play for 2+ years...because that is about how long it will take to actually make Fp's from it. [when compared to other alternatives].

by the time any player just starting a city gets to the point of putting up hagia, they will have had the opportunity to win and won many FP buildings.
a max productivity player will be accumulating Fp's buildings at a rate faster than they can build and invest fp's into leveling hagia.
I very much do intend to play for longer than 2 years. I got into this game because of the long term nature. 1 year in on my current world, over 17m ranking score, with 4 lvl 60 GBs and 2 lvl 80 GBs. My Hagia is among the level 60s, which are all FP GBs except for Traz. I'm pushing out over 200 FP/day from GB collections alone, no effort required. I find that, combined with my 1.9 group, is allowing me to keep pushing more buildings up quickly even through the expensive levels. And in 2 years, you'll be sitting on a plot of 42 squares still producing the same little FP instead of 40+ FP.

RazorbackPirate

you do realize i wasn't writing for you? lol
Yes, but I was writing for you and by using a real workl example from my own city showed your how flawed you analysis is.

really? when was that the question? i read the OP and didn't see that one.
The same could be said about your response. Seems a simple yes or no would directly address the OP's question.

from max productivity perspective, hagia is basically a dead GB and should not be built by a fully knowledgeable player who is playing for max productivity...unless they are making the commitment to play for 2+ years...because that is about how long it will take to actually make Fp's from it. [when compared to other alternatives].

by the time any player just starting a city gets to the point of putting up hagia, they will have had the opportunity to win and won many FP buildings.
a max productivity player will be accumulating Fp's buildings at a rate faster than they can build and invest fp's into leveling hagia.
Love the global statements you assert that everyone who built it or disagrees with you is an idiot and doesn't fully understand the game and is not interested in max productivity. Again, flawed analysis leading to flawed conclusion, which you are welcome to. It seems however, most disagree with you and your flawed analysis.

Considering you've built HS in most of your cities, including your 'main' and your many diamond farms, I'm not even sure what to make of your analysis.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

I leveled my HS with goods buyers so it's been worthwhile for me. I have it up to lv18 for 10fp a day.

Next level is 11fps and it's cheap to level. Last level 732 total and can already get 247fps on 1st place from arc - with goods buyers it's fast.

Will be easy to get it past sweet spot for 38fp a day at lv63. Can't wait. :)

But others in my guild have asked same question. I tell them if you don't have goods buyers then consider terrace farm + 3 SoKs in same space instead. Even lv10 hagia is less fps than that.

DeletedUser31470

I leveled my HS with goods buyers so it's been worthwhile for me. I have it up to lv18 for 10fp a day.

Next level is 11fps and it's cheap to level. Last level 732 total and can already get 247fps on 1st place from arc - with goods buyers it's fast.

Will be easy to get it past sweet spot for 38fp a day at lv63. Can't wait. :)

But others in my guild have asked same question. I tell them if you don't have goods buyers then consider terrace farm + 3 SoKs in same space instead. Even lv10 hagia is less fps than that.

Terrace farm is plunderable, costs people (and indirectly happiness), SoKs require 3 motivations, but also give some coins. This gives you 2 more FPs. Hagia provides decent happiness instead, doesn't cost people, is immune to plundering and you can potentially level it more later to improve the output.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that both approaches have their pros and cons, and the owner has to decide which one is better for him depending on his playstyle. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

thats because you dont have the ability to think analytically and/or your reading comprehension is not upto par.
You can't defend your analysis so now you claim to be smarter than the rest? This is a B.S. statement and you're an ass for making it. Especially when we've all been telling you YOUR analysis is flawed, therefore your conclusion is flawed.
hagia is dead.
the game evolves.

all you noobs who are to young to understand can keep taking advice from the geriatrics who want to keep teaching/preaching/playing FOEv2015.

hagias dead. throw it in the bin with coloseum, notre, dame, space needle, etc.
Yes, the game evolves. If Hagia is dead, why do most of your cities, including your diamond worlds have it? When are you going to throw it in the bin with your other examples?

P.S. - Look up the words Capitalization and Apostrophe. Us geriatrics still appreciate them and believe their use demonstrates intelligence. While their absence, in the presence of name calling, just shows ignorance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

thats because you dont have the ability to think analytically and/or your reading comprehension is not upto par.
maybe try re-reading my posts. if that does not work for you...re-read the first sentence.

hagia is dead.
the game evolves.
[insert past examples of the games evolution here]

[insert projections of the games future evolution here,]

all you noobs who are to young to understand can keep taking advice from the geriatrics who want to keep teaching/preaching/playing FOEv2015.

hagias dead. throw it in the bin with coloseum,notre, dame, space needle, etc.
The only thing dead here are your analytical skills. You seem to be evaluating the Hagia from the basis of self-leveling, and very few people do that. Most players either use swap threads or utilize Arc owners to level their GBs, which greatly reduces the cost to the GB owner. A fact that most posters ignore when they're recommending against a certain GB.

DeletedUser31470

very nice. you may be one of the .001% of people that will actually make FP's off of haigia.

fair to note that you spent a fair amount of money to get where you are as fast as you did.

You don't need to spend any money, you just need to play for 2 more years after putting Hagia down to break even with FPs. Pretty similar to all other FP GBs except cape and IT, you know. And bringing Kraken/AO/CDM bonuses here doesn't matter, because, you know, some people don't fight at all. To those, the 3 GBs I mentioned are way worse investment, than Hagia.

DeletedUser

you dont seem to understand how self leveling works compared to using swap threads. may want to look into that.
Yeah, you're probably right. After all, I've only been playing since early 2015, and I've only been in about two dozen different guilds on various worlds, and I've only built a few dozen GBs. I probably don't understand much compared to a wise guy like you.

DeletedUser

lol
this proves my prior evolution post exactlly. ty stephen you make it easy.

self leveling and getting 1.9 compared to using swap threads is one of the evolutions of the game that came in with your good friend the level 80 arc a couple years ago.
you apparently have not caught up to that one yet. look into it.
I see you've edited the post I was responding to, and now you're apparently pretending that I was responding to the edited version. Nice try. It's not working, though.

By the way, self-leveling is self-explanatory. If you're utilising 1.9 donations from Arc owners then you're not self-leveling.

RazorbackPirate

is that why you used quotation marks when you made up your own version of the question? should Capitalization and Apostrophe be capitalized there?
It is fictionalizing an idea, giving voice to a thought. Had I meant to quote something, I would have quoted it.
sorry if i am not answering the questions in a way that conforms to your personal interpretation of what was asked. maybe i should i rephrase it for you. that's why i'm here after all, to do what you want, when you want, how you want.
Except you're not answering any questions or defending your analysis. You just keep saying. "if you dont understand, youre just not as smart a i am." Sorry, ain't gonna cut it.

Your analysis is flawed, your conclusion is flawed. Defend it if you can.

I see you've edited the post I was responding to, and now you're apparently pretending that I was responding to the edited version. Nice try. It's not working, though.
Yes, he did that to me as well. I had to re-quote his quote to incorporate his changes. I hear back pedaling is good for your hamstrings though. Oh wait no, that's pedaling backwards.

Last edited: