• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2018 Feedback

RazorbackPirate

With just under 8 days left I really hope to make it through the end. I'm really enjoying this event and the rewards. the last quest rewards is what I'm shooting for since I could certainly put that building to good use. 3 FPs (Modern Era) would definitely come in handy. Getting the Graveyard upgraded to its fullest is another goal but from what I'm seeing so far there are only 2 upgrade rewards for it. Could someone please verify since I could have very well missed the other upgrades if they exist? Thanks.
There are only 2 Graveyard Kits available. Unless you already have a Legendary Graveyard, the best you can hope for starting from scratch is an Old Graveyard (Graveyard + 1 upgrade).

I placed the the Dark Doorway and the Haunted Tower for the supply boost. The 2 graveyard upgrades and the Mad Scientist's Lab will remain in inventory for now.

AceGoober

I placed Mad Scientists Lab yesterday. Coupled with Magnum Opus that's 10 Medals per hour which adds-up when earning medals for expansions.

RazorbackPirate

In HMA with my Chat boost, I get 75 medals, in my LMA I get 125 medals each time they hit as a Random Reward. As such, the medal production of even special buildings pales in comparison. I keep my Magnum Opus producing 2-3 FPs per day and just feel 4x4 with the MSL is too large for that same production.

Salsuero

I placed Mad Scientists Lab yesterday. Coupled with Magnum Opus that's 10 Medals per hour which adds-up when earning medals for expansions.

10 medals isn't going to mean anything for very long. Invest in Great Buildings and complete as much of the Guild Expedition as possible each week. You'll never think about 10 medals from a special building again.

DeletedUser30312

Well, I just finished it up earlier, not too bad. I got a nice take with diamonds on this event so far. The boost to the Haunted Tower isn't too bad, and I have the Mad Scientist if I want to use it later, even without the boost it was supposed to be one of the better multiproducers. The Dark Doorway looks decent, but it'll have to wait until I level up to work it into my city.

DeletedUser31592

With just under 8 days left I really hope to make it through the end. I'm really enjoying this event and the rewards. the last quest rewards is what I'm shooting for since I could certainly put that building to good use. 3 FPs (Modern Era) would definitely come in handy. Getting the Graveyard upgraded to its fullest is another goal but from what I'm seeing so far there are only 2 upgrade rewards for it. Could someone please verify since I could have very well missed the other upgrades if they exist? Thanks.

The Graveyard has been a Halloween staple for years. It will take you a few years to get it fully upgraded. This is actually an improvement because you used to get 1 upgrade a year, so you would never be able to catch up.

DeletedUser34800

Or you could spend $200 for diamonds during their special going on right now and get Graveyard upgrade kits and a Black Tower.

I won't, but it's there as an option. Lesser purchases get different options than the Black Tower. Mad Scientist Lab, Haunted Tower, etc.

RazorbackPirate

Or you could spend $200 for diamonds during their special going on right now and get Graveyard upgrade kits and a Black Tower.

I won't, but it's there as an option. Lesser purchases get different options than the Black Tower. Mad Scientist Lab, Haunted Tower, etc.
I just went and looked at the special. Unless you got a different offer, the highest level includes another Haunted Tower, not the Black Tower.

DeletedUser31440

I just went and looked at the special. Unless you got a different offer, the highest level includes another Haunted Tower, not the Black Tower.

You're looking at the lesser diamond purchases, look at the big boy purchases.

DeletedUser8428

You're looking at the lesser diamond purchases, look at the big boy purchases.
YIKES - spend enough RL $ and they give you what looks like everything except the Dark Doorway .. but sure enough includes the Black Tower.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

YIKES - spend enough RL $ and they give you what looks like everything except the Dark Doorway .. but sure enough includes the Black Tower.

Dark Tower is available for the low low price of your SSN, DOB, mother's maiden name, city you were born in, first model car you drove, first name of your first bf/gf, favorite elementary school teacher, your bank's routing number, and all of your bank account numbers. Information should be sent into your local snowman for verifications. The Dark Tower should arrive in your city around the time you get evicted and can no longer pay your ISP.

DeletedUser34800

Hahahaha. I may have spent enough in this game to warrant them sending me the big offers. I get plenty of them.

Buying individual event buildings from part events (I grabbed a couple of them), buying individual upgrade kits for special buildings (grabbed some of them too), and more.

Everything is available in this game, if you're willing to spend the cash. I enjoy the game, and don't mind tossing in my support for it.

I mean, what else am I going to spend the cash on? My wife? Hahahaha. She gets enough.

DeletedUser34800

I snag some of those big offers when they have stuff I like. Mostly when they offer event currency. It's cheaper to buy the diamonds and get currency for an event in the beginning, than to just buy diamonds later and then spend it on currency.

I don't usually buy any extra currency during an event either. The bonus deal amount usually covers what I want. All 3 ships, 2x lvl 10 Tholos, 2x Cherry Garden Set with lvl 2 upgrades, etc.

Sure, I could set up diamond farms and all that, but that's a lot of time and effort, both to set up and collect. Rather just support the game.

RazorbackPirate

The only time I bought diamonds was to get a second ship in both of my cities. I bought one of the specials with event currency in each city so some bonus currency would get credited to each. I then spent some of the diamonds in each city for any additional currency I needed to complete them. After the event, I used the leftover diamonds to buy the last expansions I had unlocked. Now that I have, I've got nothing to spend diamonds on until I age up. We'll see what the Winter Event brings.

DeletedUser29623

I placed the mad scientist’s lab even though it’s not very practical because when I first started playing the game, I noticed it in a few cities and thought it looked great. It wasn’t a prize in the first Halloween event I played, and I’ve always coveted it.