• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Make Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Again

Agent327

I understand that many of the GBs can be considered junk based on a players playing style. What I'm referring to is the GBs that have no value regardless of playing type because there are non Great Building buildings that do more than these do in the age in which these are from at a better rate and with no requirement to use fps to level them up.

Every GB has value. There are players who's only goal is to collect them all. You have a choice what buildings to use.

By bringing up Hagia and Alca I have an overkill in happiness. That's my choice. It does not mean that one of the two needs to get another bonus.

DeletedUser22214

Every GB has value. There are players who's only goal is to collect them all. You have a choice what buildings to use.

By bringing up Hagia and Alca I have an overkill in happiness. That's my choice. It does not mean that one of the two needs to get another bonus.

Both Hagia and Alca have another bonus which makes them worthwhile. If they were happiness and supplies you would not have built either

DreadfulCadillac

in my opinion. fp producing gbs(if the main boost is fp)is useless(cape, and hagia)because it costs more to lvl then the amount of fp u get out of the GB .

DeletedUser31440

in my opinion. fp producing gbs(if the main boost is fp)is useless(cape, and hagia)because it costs more to lvl then the amount of fp u get out of the GB .

This game isn't a race and you should look at GB's over the range of having them for multiple years. The short term impact of Hagia imho is worthwhile purely on how it changes the aid priority in a young city where supplies and coins can often be limiting factors. I wouldn't take it to 10 or higher immediately, but get to the point where it covers your happiness and you're getting more utility out of that then the fp production.

Algona

hagia is not useful

All a matter of perspective.

According to forgedb there's 100,000+ Hagia in the game, at least 50 level 80 plus.

Maybe they know something you should be trying to find out?

----------

Hagia is a very well designed GB, maybe the best in the game. Not the best overall, just the best designed. Every few months Hagia gets brought up here in the forums and there is a lot of debate between top notch players on whether it's a good GB or not. That difference of opinion is the hallmark of great game design.

DeletedUser28371

This of course makes the erroneous assumption that Space Needle and Lotus Temple were ever great at all. I think by the time most causal players get to the point where they can make either GB, they've learned they're junk, so people just avoid them. I don't see them in too many cities, unlike the noob traps: Colosseum, ND, Capitol.

But I believe the devs have said they're not going to make changes to existing GBs.
I built the capital for 2 reasons.
  1. Its the US Capital building and I wanted that in my city for that reason. The fact it provides pop and goods opposed to Innovation towers fp doesnt make it a noob trap its makes IT one. By the time you get to its age you should have a steady source of FPs from other areas and its too large for that. Put the same about of Victory towers together and I can get more daily than I can with that.
  2. I built it for Pop boost like I built the tower of Babel. That is a noob trap for its size.
I like the idea but I think if we are going to have it make goods lets have it give refined goods. 20 refined goods. The Winter spire is giving 15 at level 11 so why not?

Finally, we all need to remember that just because some people think its useless, doesn't mean others do. I personally find the Pyramid of Relics useless to be because its too big and it takes too long for it become useful (level 10).\
Traz is way to big even though it is very useful for warriors.

Emberguard

\
i have enough happiness from traz im in hma.
Not everyone gets advanced GBs and if you're going to be staying a while in ages prior to Progressive a Hagia makes an enormous difference.

Aside from which your FP income has to come from somewhere, your happiness has to come from somewhere. Avoiding it just because of its size is pointless. Lvl 1 already pays for itself within a month and a half FP wise, and immediately happiness wise as it's equal to the same amount of culture buildings in the same size. Which might I add was also the amount of Cultural buildings I needed in my city at the time.

If it's worth building at lvl 1, it's worth building. Don't want it long term? Fine, keep it low lvl'd and dump it when you can replace it. (which for you it's already "replaced" with the Alcatraz)

As for me - I don't need the FP buildings to pay for themselves immediately. If I were waiting for that there's not a single FP GB I could build. All FP GBs on their own would take years to pay for themselves [once you lvl them up]. That's what swaps are for

These GBs work through cumulative income. The more you have, the faster it grows.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28371

Not everyone gets advanced GBs and if you're going to be staying a while in ages prior to Progressive a Hagia makes an enormous difference.

Aside from which your FP income has to come from somewhere, your happiness has to come from somewhere. Avoiding it just because of its size is pointless. Lvl 1 already pays for itself within a month and a half FP wise, and immediately happiness wise as it's equal to the same amount of culture buildings in the same size. Which might I add was also the amount of Cultural buildings I needed in my city at the time.

If it's worth building at lvl 1, it's worth building. Don't want it long term? Fine, keep it low lvl'd and dump it when you can replace it. (which for you it's already "replaced" with the Alcatraz)
I never found a valid reason to camp in ages prior to Progressive. Mine you my play style isn't yours. I do agree If it's worth building at lvl 1, it's worth building. I find a good third of them not worth it.

Emberguard

My reason for staying in a lower age for as long as I did was mostly to make sure I'm adequately prepared for higher ages. Lvl'ing my GBs and not having to go back to producing previous age goods later on. I could have gone faster, but I certainly learned a lot and saw many struggle to get goods just for tech or GBs because they went too fast whereas I always had enough and didn't need to worry about goods ever no matter what the events or DCs threw at me.

DeletedUser28371

My reason for staying in a lower age for as long as I did was mostly to make sure I'm adequately prepared for higher ages. Lvl'ing my GBs and not having to go back to producing previous age goods later on. I could have gone faster, but I certainly learned a lot and saw many struggle to get goods just for tech or GBs because they went too fast whereas I always had enough and didn't need to worry about goods ever no matter what the events or DCs threw at me.
Yeah I saw that. I guess I was having fun and not worrying too much about prepping until I hit the first problem HMA. So I bought (with $) a Capital. After that, I started doing research and discovering that the game play would have to change when I got to Modern and again when I got to Future. So now I move much slower, build GBs and do other things so I can be ready too.

I have movie studio for just supplies bulking. I am moving to just special buildings for current age Goods production (which requires more trading so I have HMA to modern goods buildings) and I am leveling up my GBs. All the while trying to maintain the aesthetic balance of the city. I have a gem goods builidng because Its nice to look at and its tiny.

So yeah, if anything we either need a GB that does refined goods like event buildings or fix the Lotus, Gaea etc for that.

And does this game have no hospitals?