• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

ODragon

did y'all know that the chance of getting x4 increases by 1.5 per each completed settlement?

Yes, it shows the percent going up every time.

and that it is best if ya have the itme.to do them all in 4 hour productions for a better chance of getting x4 on 1?

That is questionable. Your changes are higher at having it happen the more times you collect a production but the value of hitting the 8 or 20 is much more worthwhile.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, it shows the percent going up every time.

That is questionable. Your changes are higher at having it happen the more times you collect a production but the value of hitting the 8 or 20 is much more worthwhile.
Unless on only my 3rd settlement with only 6% chance of double I've received 4-5 of them. I've just unlocked Beasthunters and built my first one. The first 5 goods from overnight will buy an expansion. 4-hour is where it's at.

UBERhelp1

What are you talking about? What math? "...take awhile to earn back all the fp you missed" - ?? this isn't making sense to me.
Basically, if we have 2 players, player A going through all the settlements and player B farming the 25 fp every 2 days, Until settlement 11, player A makes less FP/day than B. After that point, however, player A will make more.

Where the "take a while to get back FP" comes in is that Player A will start off with less FP/day than Player B. This means that, for a while, farming settlements for FP is actually good. However, once Player A finished settlement #11, they will be making more FP/day than player B - catching up to player B.

I still have to make a graph for this relationship, which will make it much easier to see the trend.

DeletedUser33179

Basically, if we have 2 players, player A going through all the settlements and player B farming the 25 fp every 2 days, Until settlement 11, player A makes less FP/day than B. After that point, however, player A will make more.

Where the "take a while to get back FP" comes in is that Player A will start off with less FP/day than Player B. This means that, for a while, farming settlements for FP is actually good. However, once Player A finished settlement #11, they will be making more FP/day than player B - catching up to player B.

I still have to make a graph for this relationship, which will make it much easier to see the trend.

Sorry, but still not making sense to me how Player A will ever make more fp/day completing settlements compared to Player B who farms it. This is what I get from my math. ...

Player B the farmer continually cycles through the first 5 quests only (then abandons it/restarts) & gets 25fp every 2 days (25fps that 1st day from quest #5/milestone prize + 24 hour wait to restart settlement).
25fp / 2 days = 12.5 fp/day average.

Player A the Completer after completing the entire settlement each time gets 35fp (25 for quest #5/milestone prize, 5 for quest #8 & 5 for quest #16).

For discussions sake here, Assuming Player A finishes each settlement at the best completion time (which gets shorter duration each time), fps per day is this:

- settlement 1 with best time of 16 days
35fp / 16 days = 2.2 fp/day average
- settlement 11 with best time of 10 days 26 hours (rounding down for generosity & easy math)
35fp / 10 days = 3.5 fp/day
- settlement 15 with best time of 8 days 12 hours (again rounding down for generosity/easy math)
35fp / 8 days = 4.4 fp/day

If player A continues completing full settlements beyond #15, the total fp prizes increases to 85 -- 35 in total from the same quests as previously noted + 50 as the final prize for completing it. Once again assuming best completion time of 8 days (which is best for settlement 15, the last one where the game makes any changes to settlement completion time or goods production bonus %)...
85fp / 8 days = 10.6 fp/day

At no time ever does Player A the Completer ever gain more fp/day than Player B the Farmer. And since the Farmer always makes more fp/day, she/he will always make more fps in total overall than the Completer, as well.

(This all also assumes Inno doesn't nerf the early 25fp every 2 days scenario in some way, something I can totally see them doing).

DeletedUser30900

Sorry, but still not making sense to me how Player A will ever make more fp/day completing settlements compared to Player B who farms it. This is what I get from my math. ...

Player B the farmer continually cycles through the first 5 quests only (then abandons it/restarts) & gets 25fp every 2 days (25fps that 1st day from quest #5/milestone prize + 24 hour wait to restart settlement).
25fp / 2 days = 12.5 fp/day average.

Player A the Completer after completing the entire settlement each time gets 35fp (25 for quest #5/milestone prize, 5 for quest #8 & 5 for quest #16).

For discussions sake here, Assuming Player A finishes each settlement at the best completion time (which gets shorter duration each time), fps per day is this:

- settlement 1 with best time of 16 days
35fp / 16 days = 2.2 fp/day average
- settlement 11 with best time of 10 days 26 hours (rounding down for generosity & easy math)
35fp / 10 days = 3.5 fp/day
- settlement 15 with best time of 8 days 12 hours (again rounding down for generosity/easy math)
35fp / 8 days = 4.4 fp/day

If player A continues completing full settlements beyond #15, the total fp prizes increases to 85 -- 35 in total from the same quests as previously noted + 50 as the final prize for completing it. Once again assuming best completion time of 8 days (which is best for settlement 15, the last one where the game makes any changes to settlement completion time or goods production bonus %)...
85fp / 8 days = 10.6 fp/day

At no time ever does Player A the Completer ever gain more fp/day than Player B the Farmer. And since the Farmer always makes more fp/day, she/he will always make more fps in total overall than the Completer, as well.

(This all also assumes Inno doesn't nerf the early 25fp every 2 days scenario in some way, something I can totally see them doing).
Count the runestone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33179

Count the runestone, ffs.

Forgot about the Runestone entirely!

For discussions sake, In my calculations above let me give Player A the Completer a level 5 greater runestone for every single settlement without exception, while Player B the Farmer never gets a Runestone.

Level 5 Runestone = 2 fp/day at every Age/Era.

Add that extra 2 fp/day to Player A the Completer's fp/day averages scenarios, and you can only equal the Player B the Farmer's 12.5 fp/day average by doing complete settlements beyond the initial 15, when the total fp payout within the settlement becomes 85... the 10.6 fp/day average from settlement + 2 fp/day from Runestone = 12.6 fp/day average. No other 1-15 settlement scenario will come close to the Farmer even with a Runestone.

DeletedUser33179

and count the yggdrasil tree also

Arrgghh. That too. Oh, and the 1 fp/day from the first emissary via town hall.

Add settlement completions fp/day average + appropriate Tree fp/day (based on Tree level obtained at specific settlement #s + 1 fp/day from emmissary beginning at settlement #2 + Runestone 1-2 fp/day based on when enough fragments are obtained at specific settlement #'s. That does work out to the Completer making better fp/day average by settlement #11 (what @UBERhelp1 was apparently referring to)

Thank you @icarusethan & @dontwannaname.

As a side note regarding chosing to continue Beyond settlement #15 (for the 85 total fp in a best 8 days completion) vs beginning 2 day farming at that point in time... Farming would be the better option, as over the 8 days to complete a settlement & win 85 fp, farming gives 15 more fp (100 in total) during that span of time + less effort/time

DeletedUser37581

As a side note regarding chosing to continue Beyond settlement #15 (for the 85 total fp in a best 8 days completion) vs beginning 2 day farming at that point in time... Farming would be the better option, as over the 8 days to complete a settlement & win 85 fp, farming gives 15 more fp (100 in total) during that span of time + less effort/time
Although it should be noted that one only needs to complete 17 settlements to get a 2nd fully leveled Greater Runestone.

DeletedUser33179

Although it should be noted that one only needs to complete 17 settlements to get a 2nd fully leveled Greater Runestone.

That's not bad at all (just over 2 weeks extra after settlement 15) for those players shooting for fastest completion times for most Runestones fragments.

I'm only going for the full Yggdrasil Tree & emmissaries, ignoring the fastest times in favor of simply doing reasonable length of time given good strategy, my play time availability, & my day to day interest in settlements. As such, by the time I complete settlement #15 I'll likely just have enough fragments for 1 full upgraded Runestone (maybe - but not concerned eirher way).

DeletedUser32328

Two things I'm missing:

- Reconstruction mode. Redesigning the settlement is fine on PC where you can swap buildings with one another. But on mobile it's a tedious job of removing roads, creating an empty workspace and then shift buildings around. This would be a lot easier with reconstruction mode available.
- Would be helpful if, similarly to the exclamation mark over the ship when productions are finished, there would be a 'zzz' sign or the like over the ship to indicate there are idle buildings.

Agent327

Two things I'm missing:

- Reconstruction mode. Redesigning the settlement is fine on PC where you can swap buildings with one another. But on mobile it's a tedious job of removing roads, creating an empty workspace and then shift buildings around. This would be a lot easier with reconstruction mode available.
- Would be helpful if, similarly to the exclamation mark over the ship when productions are finished, there would be a 'zzz' sign or the like over the ship to indicate there are idle buildings.

Those two things everybody is missing, cause they are supposed to.

RazorbackPirate

Two things I'm missing:

I wouldn't be opposed to either of these, but I remember a time when my city didn't have Reconstruction Mode and I somehow seemed to manage.

With expansions purchased so frequently. the need to delete buildings, to replace with later, or to balance pop, empty workspaces are easy to come by. You frequently have to delete roads and replace with runestones each unlock anyway, redesign while everything is still unplugged using runestones for roads, then when everything is to your liking, delete the runestones you need to replace with roads. Do we really need the easy button for this?
The only time this is really needed is to alert you that a new build is finished. when you place the building, set a shrine to the build time. When you're phone dings to collect the shrine, your build is ready. It's like setting a kitchen timer. Think outside the box a bit.

DeletedUser32328

I wouldn't be opposed to either of these, but I remember a time when my city didn't have Reconstruction Mode and I somehow seemed to manage.

With expansions purchased so frequently. the need to delete buildings, to replace with later, or to balance pop, empty workspaces are easy to come by. You frequently have to delete roads and replace with runestones each unlock anyway, redesign while everything is still unplugged using runestones for roads, then when everything is to your liking, delete the runestones you need to replace with roads. Do we really need the easy button for this?

The only time this is really needed is to alert you that a new build is finished. when you place the building, set a shrine to the build time. When you're phone dings to collect the shrine, your build is ready. It's like setting a kitchen timer. Think outside the box a bit.

On the first point. Would be for when I'm not putting expansions or unlocking tech. But I like to put goods buildings to run overnight and then replace them with shrines during the day to take advantage of the more efficient shorter production options. Not really about making it easier, but rather faster.
On the second point, that's exactly what I do as a work-around when a shrine is available. Sometimes they're running when I'm building something.
In short, do we absolutely need these things? No, course not. Just giving some feedback on the feedback thread.

qaccy

@RazorbackPirate In the most direct terms, creative workarounds should not be used to excuse what's either lazy design or an oversight. The main city has the buff bar to indicate if and when there are problems. If the boat is intended to serve a similar function and is capable of notifying you when a production is ready, can it not do the same for idle buildings?

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate In the most direct terms, creative workarounds should not be used to excuse what's either lazy design or an oversight. The main city has the buff bar to indicate if and when there are problems. If the boat is intended to serve a similar function and is capable of notifying you when a production is ready, can it not do the same for idle buildings?
It wouldn't work anyway because a build doesn't finish/register finish until you enter the Settlement, no different than a build in your city. You also lose the notification bar when you visit another city so, Settlements are treated the same way. You may consider it lazy design or an oversight, I see consistency in design. I have no interest in a mini buff bar over the boat, which os what you would need if something was idle and something else needed collecting. Maybe they should add goods count and diplomacy indicators so you never have to 'visit' the settlement?

DeletedUser37576

Question about Emissaries: I am under the impression that completing a settlement would earn boosts/ However, I completed one settlement, got the Yggdrasil building, yet my "Emissaries" tab in the Town Hall is still showing nothing. The popup even would indicate I haven't earned any yet.
What gives?
Capture.JPG

DeletedUser

Question about Emissaries: I am under the impression that completing a settlement would earn boosts/ However, I completed one settlement, got the Yggdrasil building, yet my "Emissaries" tab in the Town Hall is still showing nothing. The popup even would indicate I haven't earned any yet.
What gives?
View attachment 11857
You only earn one major prize each time you complete the settlement. 6 of the are Emissaries (and sometimes an additional open slot) and 9 are the Yggdrasil Tree and its upgrades. To get all the Emissaries and a fully upgraded Yggdrasil Tree, you must complete the Viking settlement 15 times.

RazorbackPirate

You only earn one major prize each time you complete the settlement. 6 of the are Emissaries (and sometimes an additional open slot) and 9 are the Yggdrasil Tree and its upgrades. To get all the Emissaries and a fully upgraded Yggdrasil Tree, you must complete the Viking settlement 15 times.
You'll end up with 6 Emissaries and 3 open slots for free. The Emissaries to choose from will give one item each either 1 FP, x Medals, x Coins, x Supplies, 2 Goods from your age, or 1 Unit from your age.