1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Cultural Settlements Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Panacea

Panacea FOE Team Community Manager

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Vikings. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
    The Forge of Empires Team

2. Alaric the Goth II

Alaric the Goth II Member

Don't bother it's a waste of diamonds unless they made improvements - the rewards are not worth the investment - which you lose every time you complete a village and start from scratch - the novelty wears off quickly

Munificent the Great and delotta like this.
  3. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

So don't spend diamonds on expansions that are temporary. Got it.

4. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari FOE Team Co-Community Manager

There is definitely a learning curve to it. I used the Beta free diamonds on the first attempt, but none since. I am awaiting my last set of 8 hour builds to complete and I will finish this run through in time to get the 2x bonus with about 3 hours to spare. :) That with playing it casual, if your Johnny on the spot with 4 hours everything you should be able to get 3x bonus easy enough, but with the holidays I did not even try. The emissary I have earned so far gives me +1 FP a day. Its a nice add one, I want the top level Yggdrasil, so I will keep at it.

Graviton likes this.
  5. GreatThunderclap

GreatThunderclap Member

So is it available on mobile? Obviously dont spend diamonds on things that are temporary. My question is: I'm in Contemporary. Is Plowing already unlocked or do I have to unlock it?

6. tazzmaniac666

tazzmaniac666 Active Member

Once I got the hang of it, I've had plenty of time to complete it without using diamonds.

HtebazilEAB likes this.
  7. tazzmaniac666

tazzmaniac666 Active Member

Plowing is an existing optional Iron Age research but it provides a city expansion so I'd be surprised if you don't already have it unlocked.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Johnny has lost his spot. Changes they made caused that. You have less days to complete and you earn less copper. Getting that top level Yggdrasil, will take you 8 till 10 months. To get a fully levelled Yggdrasil tree you will need to complete the settlement 15 times. Only settlements 1, 3, 5, 6, 8-10, 12, and 15 are Yggdrasil rewards.

9. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

So, it starts at midnight Eastern time tonight?

10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

When I heard about this being tested on Beta, I went to my city there to try it out. Quickly got bored with waiting to progress with it. Maybe it will be better here in cities I'm actively playing...I hope.

delotta likes this.
  11. Penguin174

Penguin174 Member

How is that possible, you Must spend Diamonds to obtain certain buildings and expansions. Not worth it.

delotta likes this.
  12. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

no u dont if u log in plenty of times daily

13. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

There is NOTHING you NEED to spend diamonds on to complete Settlements. Full stop.

14. Penki

Penki Member

Is it for real that long (8-10 months) to get the fully upgraded Yggdrasil tree? Then it means it is not worth the effort or am I wrong?

Also a question about emissaries. Do I understand correctly that they are a temporary upgrade to your main village? I mean they are active only while viking settlement is being played or will they remain when the settlement is over? Cannot find the information :(

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

They remain.

16. xivarmy

xivarmy Well-Known Member

It's 15 run throughs. At about 2 weeks a run that's 30 weeks or about 7 months to finish it. You could go a little faster than that (or much slower) but it's a reasonable estimate.

17. OldeDog

OldeDog New Member

Just to clarify; Apart from the Yggdrasil (7 months:eek:???) and the Runestone, is there anything else that can be placed in, or will benefit my main city?

Edward _MMXIII likes this.
  18. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

Emissaries will help a bit. Other than that, you can get FP and other rewards from completing quests in the settlement.

19. xivarmy

xivarmy Well-Known Member

Yggdrasil will be worth placing well before the 7 months. It's just 7 months to finish. By level 4 it's already a 3x3 producing 3 FP a day and with 4% attack bonus (comparison maxed pillar of heroes). Level 9 it's 8 FP a day and 10% attack.

Level 4 would take 6 completions or about 2.5-3 months

20. MMickey21ickey

MMickey21ickey Member

Pay diamonds for the ability to play on something else that wastes time? No thanks!

Czari and Panzerlehr like this.