• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

ODragon

First mistake (and something I might have to make a proposal about)....

You can reset as many times as you want to get an optimal rock set up on your town. As soon as you build something and reset, you have to wait 24 hours.

How about if you add a check box (like when trying to delete a GB) for if you are resetting a settlement that you've placed something so you are double warned about the cool down on your settlement.

RaveWolf

You can reset as many times as you want to get an optimal rock set up on your town. As soon as you build something and reset, you have to wait 24 hours.

How about if you add a check box (like when trying to delete a GB) for if you are resetting a settlement that you've placed something so you are double warned about the cool down on your settlement.

Thanks for the Heads up! ;)

DeletedUser29726

If that's the case it's different from beta. Rock arrangement is fixed until you complete a settlement, resetting won't change it.

RaveWolf

What do you mean by reset... I just looked around and don't see anything... Are you referring to "Abandon Settlement"?

Bonobas

Did someone count the amount of goods we need here? Is the same as it was on Beta? For me it is 938 in total...

DeletedUser29726

What do you mean by reset... I just looked around and don't see anything... Are you referring to "Abandon Settlement"?

You can abandon settlement, wait 24 hrs, and then start it again. You should get the same rock layout, but your timer will be reset to full.

The reason for the cooldown on beta was that it was very fast to get through quest 5 and collect 20 FP and reset. You could still use it for ~20 FP a day this way, but it's not an unlimited source.

RazorbackPirate

Is it for real that long (8-10 months) to get the fully upgraded Yggdrasil tree? Then it means it is not worth the effort or am I wrong?
You'll have to decide for yourself.
Pay diamonds for the ability to play on something else that wastes time? No thanks!
Yes. Please don't play settlements. In a few months, I'll be happy to have a 3x3 building spitting out 8 FPs plus the other goodies daily. That will make it even easier to snipe you, etc. I certainly won't be spending diamonds either.

ODragon

If that's the case it's different from beta. Rock arrangement is fixed until you complete a settlement, resetting won't change it.

Apparently the beta players who played it earlier said this was not the case and rocks did rearrange upon resetting. It must have been changed at some point between beta starting and beta ending.

ODragon

Yes, in early beta, you could abandon your settlement and make a new one and supposedly, the rocks positions changed.

DeletedUser37552

OK. So, if you should choose a cultural good to buy an expansion, and one of the goods is one axe, then why can I not buy an expansion with one of the axe's I produced in my cultural goods building?

EDIT: I have collected 10 axes, but my inventory shows that I have none. ???

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

OK. So, if you should choose a cultural good to buy an expansion, and one of the goods is one axe, then why can I not buy an expansion with one of the axe's I produced in my cultural goods building?
Are you sure you have enough axes? Also, you don't need all the goods there, just enough of one.

DeletedUser36624

EDIT: I have collected 10 axes, but my inventory shows that I have none. ???
Did you unlock the Shrine, cuz that costs 10 axes.

UBERhelp1

I hope this game does not end up like farmville... all the add on's for other worlds and it takes away from the reason I started to play FOE. :(
This is meant as an addition to be able to go back to ages that FoE skipped over. Hence the Vikings and later the Egyptians. It should be taken as a side to the main game.

DeletedUser11991

settlements another waste of time like level 4 ge alot of work for so little rewards inno needs more creative thinkers ..this game has gone down hill over the past 3 years and its getting worse

UBERhelp1

settlements another waste of time like level 4 ge alot of work for so little rewards inno needs more creative thinkers ..this game has gone down hill over the past 3 years and its getting worse
GE 64 is one of the best ways to earn diamonds reliably and fast. It isn't that much work once you begin putting in effort to try and do so. That's like saying food is bad because it is too much work to eat it.