• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

I enjoyed the event up until you only get one quest a day. Now, I'm lucky if I can get 1 or 2 presents a day based on if I get any stars from incidents, thus lowering the chance of getting the main daily gift. One quest a day when you're trying to get a main prize just saps the fun right out of the whole thing.

I do like the train though, but one quest a day is too slow.
You're not supposed to unwrap presents every day. That's a sure fire way to get no Daily Specials. You need to pick one or two Daily Special prizes you're going to go after, then save up stars to unwrap 10+ presents at once. In this game, patience is a virtue. The counter to patience is diamonds.

Meaning, you can always buy diamonds and unwrap as many presents each day as your heart desires and budget allows.

Algona

I LOVE THIS:

In this game, patience is a virtue. The counter to patience is diamonds.

Mind if I add to my signature?

Meanwhile on topic:

I’m almost cleaned out of goods, and trades are getting scarce.

Welcome to the forums! I see you are new to the game. May I offer you some advice?

GBG surprised a lot of players (including yours truly) with the demand for Goods. It;s one of the reasons that reasonable trades are a lot more scarce.* We're all learning new play styles and variations to help with this.

Bear with it, if you can limp through this Event and work on your city a bit I'm sure you can be ready for the next Event.

For now, I highly recommend that you hump into the Questions forum and ask for help with learning how to produce and conserve the Resources you need to keep doing GE, GBG, and Events.

If you are as nice a person there as you are in your current post I guarantee you will get help.

First piece of advice, you are in a very small Guild. If you find a large active Guild with players around your Era you will have a lot easier time trading for Goods. Note that trades between Guild Mates do not cost FPs. Also, if you haven;t done so, start actively seeking out Friends around your own Era.

Another huge advantage of being in a large active Guild is there are experienced players who can help you with advice and in other ways.

Meanwhile best of luck completing the Event!

*Hmmm. Might be a great time for folks to look into becoming traders.

RazorbackPirate

I LOVE THIS:

Mind if I add to my signature?

*Hmmm. Might be a great time for folks to look into becoming traders.
Thanks. Feel free to add to your sig.

*I agree. Even on older worlds, personal goods supplies have quickly evaporated. This surely will cause prices to rise.

RapidWaffle34851

You're not supposed to unwrap presents every day. That's a sure fire way to get no Daily Specials. You need to pick one or two Daily Special prizes you're going to go after, then save up stars to unwrap 10+ presents at once. In this game, patience is a virtue. The counter to patience is diamonds.

Meaning, you can always buy diamonds and unwrap as many presents each day as your heart desires and budget allows.

Thank you for the advice. Patience is a virtue, it's just not one of mine. I don't have a budget for diamonds either, so I'll have to cultivate that pesky patience thing. *insert self-deprecating grin here*

DeletedUser

Or send in a ticket to support.
Which I would hope they would deny.
Or hopefully they get enough complaints and change it before then

So they change it before the quest comes up .
Or better yet, don't change it.

I don't know why players who camp in Bronze Age think they should also be accommodated by the game in finishing events. Either age up to be able to fulfill the quest, or live with the consequences of your decision not to age up. Don't look for the game to change just for you.

Vger

I agree. No Antiques Dealer or GE available to a BA city. If you want to finish the event, you'll have to age up to IA and join a guild.
On top of that, it rolls around on Dec. 28'th, a Saturday. If you don't have AD, then GE is the only choice, and only if you are out of BA. But doing 6 GE encounters on a Saturday? Maybe it auto-completes? But probably only if you have done 64 already? I have to think about this one in my DF city. I'll be OK if it auto-completes, I'll have 64 done. Or I can hold back those 6. Or I can do 6 on Tuesday easily enough....but I'll be 4 days behind...on New Years eve....It could be worse, I suppose...I could be camping in BA (which isn't an unreasonable thing to do for a while).

DeletedUser40996

Which I would hope they would deny.

Or better yet, don't change it.

I don't know why players who camp in Bronze Age think they should also be accommodated by the game in finishing events. Either age up to be able to fulfill the quest, or live with the consequences of your decision not to age up. Don't look for the game to change just for you.
Not gonna affect me one way or the other . It just could've been an oversight on their part though as each of the 2 previous events were absolutely doable with a bronze age city (Halloween and the one before that that gave the choice of 3 cottages)

DeletedUser17803

i think it is crap to have us assemble the sleigh with all the reindeer and want us to pay 3k diamonds for it.

DeletedUser

i think it is crap to have us assemble the sleigh with all the reindeer and want us to pay 3k diamonds for it.
I don't know why. We don't have to do anything to get the reindeer, they come as a bonus when we get another prize. So if you don't want to pay the 2995 Diamonds, just ignore them. That's what I'm going to do. I can easily live without the prizes from the reindeer.

Gridley

Anyone know or have an educated guess as to whether we'll see the Sleeping Car available a third time?

Doesn't seem reasonable to put all the hype into the train and not have the cars available over the whole course of the event.

RazorbackPirate

Anyone know or have an educated guess as to whether we'll see the Sleeping Car available a third time?

Doesn't seem reasonable to put all the hype into the train and not have the cars available over the whole course of the event.
No one knows. We won't know until we know.

Educated guessing, live events tend to follow a similar pattern to Beta where each car showed up twice during the event, but who knows? They've run them a bit closer on live than they ran them on beta so they may have time to run them a 3rd time, so you never know, you know?

I suspect with cars showing up in the reindeer rewards, twice is all we'll get so extra cars in the reindeer package act as extra incentive to buy the reindeer package.

DeletedUser40996

No one knows. We won't know until we know.

Educated guessing, live events tend to follow a similar pattern to Beta where each car showed up twice during the event, but who knows? They've run them a bit closer on live than they ran them on beta so they may have time to run them a 3rd time, so you never know, you know?

I suspect with cars showing up in the reindeer rewards, twice is all we'll get so extra cars in the reindeer package act as extra incentive to buy the reindeer package.
If pattern holds they can run 2 cars a 3rd time

Status
Not open for further replies.