• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30312

Which I would hope they would deny.

Or better yet, don't change it.

I don't know why players who camp in Bronze Age think they should also be accommodated by the game in finishing events. Either age up to be able to fulfill the quest, or live with the consequences of your decision not to age up. Don't look for the game to change just for you.

Yeah. Experienced players camping in BA should know very well that they're locked out of a lot of stuff and have no grounds to complain. Inno doesn't need to make things easier for people who want to low age camp, especially since I'm not seeing it as a good thing to begin with.

New players are a different matter, they're not going to do as well at an event and won't win all the prizes. But then event prizes scale with age anyway, and what they do win usually is weaker stuff anyway which will be outclassed. It kind of sucks to miss out on some of the good stuff, but new players should be building up the foundations of their city. Then once things are built up, they can pursue better stuff at their leisure.

DeletedUser40996

Yeah. Experienced players camping in BA should know very well that they're locked out of a lot of stuff and have no grounds to complain. Inno doesn't need to make things easier for people who want to low age camp, especially since I'm not seeing it as a good thing to begin with.

New players are a different matter, they're not going to do as well at an event and won't win all the prizes. But then event prizes scale with age anyway, and what they do win usually is weaker stuff anyway which will be outclassed. It kind of sucks to miss out on some of the good stuff, but new players should be building up the foundations of their city. Then once things are built up, they can pursue better stuff at their leisure.
True . But a new player in BA should have every opportunity to actually complete the event

Kranyar the Mysterious

There is little Diamonds won’t provide for ... :eek:

Even diamonds won't fix this one.

Even for new players that choose to age up to Iron to be able to participate in GE when they get this quest, it may be too late. This quest doesn't happen until quest #65, on a Saturday of all things. If a player ages up after GE starts that week, they have to wait until the next GE starts, which is Tuesday, and the event ends on Thursday, so they would need to rush the last 5 quests in less than 2 days (which is also New Years). Honestly that is a pretty crappy deal for those starting out if they've made it that far and didn't know how to look up the quests on a third party site (or didn't want them spoiled).

Graviton

Even for new players that choose to age up to Iron to be able to participate in GE when they get this quest, it may be too late.

My short answer to this question is another question: so what?

You're concerned about people who've just started the game. I joined in the middle of a Spring Event, back when that consisted of hiding and discovering eggs. Unsurprisingly, even if I had joined with enough time left in the Event to do the quests, I couldn't complete very many at all before I was just out of resources. My city wasn't yet producing enough because it was new. I didn't assume that I should be able to complete it; quite the contrary, I chalked it up to a combination of bad timing and just starting out, and I looked forward to building up my city so that I could get all the cool stuff in the next Event.

No one should expect that new players, nor those who make the mistake of advanding in age after an Event starts, to gain anything from the Event except an object lesson in How to Play FoE. "This is a game of patience" can't be repeated enough.

DeletedUser40996

My short answer to this question is another question: so what?

You're concerned about people who've just started the game. I joined in the middle of a Spring Event, back when that consisted of hiding and discovering eggs. Unsurprisingly, even if I had joined with enough time left in the Event to do the quests, I couldn't complete very many at all before I was just out of resources. My city wasn't yet producing enough because it was new. I didn't assume that I should be able to complete it; quite the contrary, I chalked it up to a combination of bad timing and just starting out, and I looked forward to building up my city so that I could get all the cool stuff in the next Event.

No one should expect that new players, nor those who make the mistake of advanding in age after an Event starts, to gain anything from the Event except an object lesson in How to Play FoE. "This is a game of patience" can't be repeated enough.
Patience sure . But you want players to stick around as well . Someone that's put in time / $$$ / combination of both isn't going to stick around if they feel cheated by an impossible quest so late in the event

DeletedUser36572

Even for new players that choose to age up to Iron to be able to participate in GE when they get this quest, it may be too late. This quest doesn't happen until quest #65, on a Saturday of all things. If a player ages up after GE starts that week, they have to wait until the next GE starts, which is Tuesday, and the event ends on Thursday, so they would need to rush the last 5 quests in less than 2 days (which is also New Years). Honestly that is a pretty crappy deal for those starting out if they've made it that far and didn't know how to look up the quests on a third party site (or didn't want them spoiled).

It takes as little as 20 minutes to complete 64 encounters of GE in a single run ... And there is nothing it requires that Diamonds cannot buy.

The object is for people to stop suggesting that because they may not want to do what is required, that it cannot be done.

RazorbackPirate

Since you have to unlock events in BA to play them, a player should at least be able to complete them without any 100% blockers. Doesn't mean it should be easy, but should be possible.
Why? I can understand your perspective, but it's the perspective of a seasoned player that understands the game, events, and how they work. From a new player's experience, it's all new. They have little to no expectations and are likely screwing up the event anyway. That was my experience, at least.

I started my first city right at the beginning of the first Forge Bowl event, Pillar of Heroes. Each quest completed was awesome. I had no idea how many quests there were, I had no idea why I should want the event buildings, all I knew is I needed FPs and while chasing FPs I got some other stuff. I was just having fun trying to figure out a new game.

A few weeks later, I started a second city as a 'do over' for the things I did wrong in the first city. By then Forge Bowl was about half over. Again, I struggled to complete every quest, got what I got and was happy. I thought it was cool they had something else that gave me more stuff for free. The first city ended up with a level 3 Pillar which, woo hoo, gave me a FP, so down it went. My 'do over' city, ended up with a level 1, which stayed in inventory.

The next event was Carnival with the Grand Bridge. In both cities I ended up with a level 4, bummed I missed a level 7, no clue how easy it should have been. Just happy to get something for free and hey, they gave more FPs.

The event after that was the Spring event with the level 2 Cherry Gardens. I was determined to get a full set in each city, having already picked up one or two pieces from the Daily Challenge which by then, I was finishing daily. I completed a set on my 'do over' city, ended up short 2 pieces in my first one. In hindsight, I'm sure I was more of the problem than the RNG. But, what did I know? just learned again.

By the fall event, with the help of the forum, I'd cracked the event nut and have easily gotten a fully upgraded whatever since then. Most events giving me more than I'd hoped for, certainly more than I can currently use, all for free.

Inno doesn't need to change the events to make them no fail in BA. I don't think I stayed in BA more than a week in either city, suffering the noob, knee jerk response of rushing the tech tree. Every block, every stumble I blamed on having a new city and not knowing squat about the game.

Experienced player know the drill. You can't camp in BA and have it all. That's how the game is designed. But noobs have no clue, they're noobs.
Patience sure . But you want players to stick around as well . Someone that's put in time / $$$ / combination of both isn't going to stick around if they feel cheated by an impossible quest so late in the event
But they do stick around. At least the one's worth having around.

If someone starting a brand new game at the start or during an event, quits in a huff, because they didn't get everything they wanted and more in their brand new city, playing their brand new game, then good riddance. "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya." We have enough who do stay already, then come 'round here to complain about pretty much everything.

Last edited:

Graviton

Unless this is the first online game they've ever played I think a new player expects not to be able to keep up with an Event until they've played awhile. If they're so impatient that they expect to be able to handle every quest that comes their way after having just begun the game then this is the wrong game for them in the first place.

DeletedUser40996

It takes as little as 20 minutes to complete 64 encounters of GE in a single run ... And there is nothing it requires that Diamonds cannot buy.

The object is for people to stop suggesting that because they may not want to do what is required, that it cannot be done.

Except the QUEST requires a player to be in IA or far enough into EMA to have AD unlocked both of which aren't possible for a BA city

DeletedUser40996

What makes one age any less worthy than any other, so long as they've unlocked the tech for whatever it is they are doing? Don't want bronze players to be able to complete the event, then make events unlock at the beginning of Iron Age.
THIS ^^^^^^

DeletedUser36572

Except the QUEST requires a player to be in IA or far enough into EMA to have AD unlocked both of which aren't possible for a BA city

I have yet to find a quest that requires the Antique Dealer, and doesn’t have an alternative option. Advancing to Iron Age is a player’s choice if they want to complete the Quest.

The only close ended quest I have ever had difficulty with was a Scout Province Quest when I was Bronze Age and had advanced too far on my Campaign Map to conquer the sectors nessecary to open up another Province to Scout. I still managed to trade enough Goods over time to negotiate the Sectors, and still made it past that Quest.

Edit:
As soon as as you think something cannot be done ... Stop, change gears, and start figuring out how it can be done, in the least painful way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40996

I have yet to find a quest that requires the Antique Dealer, and doesn’t have an alternative option. Advancing to Iron Age is a player’s choice if they want to complete the Quest.

The only close ended quest I have ever had difficulty with was a Scout Province Quest when I was Bronze Age and had advanced too far on my Campaign Map to conquer the sectors nessecary to open up another Province to Scout. I still managed to trade enough Goods over time to negotiate the Sectors, and still made it past that Quest.

Quest 65 - 28th December:

Mr Winter: "Exchange 4 items in the Antiques Dealer building OR Solve 6 encounters in the Guild Expeditions" and "Gather some (2,000 - 274,000) coins"

Now for those in IA it's doable because they have GE available the issue is it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone in BA and basically makes it impossible to finish the event as the quest falls on a Saturday and they won't be able to do GE until New Years Eve when next GE starts

DeletedUser36572

Quest 65 - 28th December:

Mr Winter: "Exchange 4 items in the Antiques Dealer building OR Solve 6 encounters in the Guild Expeditions" and "Gather some (2,000 - 274,000) coins"

Now for those in IA it's doable because they have GE available the issue is it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone in BA and basically makes it impossible to finish the event as the quest falls on a Saturday and they won't be able to do GE until New Years Eve when next GE starts

It’s not impossible ... GE runs through Sunday.

Not to mention you cannot lose Encounters 1,2,3,5, and 6 in three turns unless you try to. Plus, encounters 1 and 2 only require Coins and Supplies, and any Goods required for encounters 3-6 only require 1 per turn.

Stop making up reasons you cannot, and figure out how easily you actually can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vger

But there is still a diamond option if you want to stay in BA. It doesn't matter if you complete all the quests, right? If you hit a hard stop with quest 65, then you are going to miss out on 60 stars and the last train upgrade. The real goal isn't to complete all the quests, right? It's to get the train to level 9 isn't it? I assume you can't do that if you are 60 stars and an upgrade short...unless you spend some diamonds to buy the stars (or you have been exceptionally lucky with your tickets, I suppose).

Or, you just end up with a level 8 train. There are worse things you can have in a BA city.

But I do agree with you, there shouldn't be hard stops like that. It should be difficult, but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.