• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Algona

but there still doesn't seem to be a big enough difference, at least to me

You are right, the difference between finishing first and last in Fragments and Guild Power are insignificant. A lot of folk see that and assume that where their Guild finishes is not important.

It is, though. INNO made an odd decision here. They don't post the MMR in the standings.

MMR, Match Making Rating, is used to determine what level of League a Guild plays in. For the Guild as a whole MMR is far and away the most important part of GBG.

While the Fragments and Power don't change dramatically from first to last, the MMR does. Consistent lower finishes relegate Guilds to lower level Leagues, consistent higher finishes move Guilds to higher Leagues.

For details on this I highly recommend dontwannaname's great Guide to GBG:

The part on MMR is the last spoiler in the first post.

The difference in individual Rewards is significant between League levels. MMR is what gets you o the higher (or lower) Leagues to get you the chance to win the better individual Rewards.

So pass the word to your Guildies that while the difference in published Rewards for the Guild's performance is not significant, the hidden and most important Reward is huge.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

This has probably been said but the prize level between first place and last place (I'm in silver league if that makes a difference) When the #1 league gets 163K crowns and the bottom gets 117K, there really isn't much incentive for so guilds to even try. I'm playing with guilds where that amount can jump you to the next level, so even if you lose, you still win just by participating.
I know this was all haggled out in beta but it seems to happen in every GBG, one or two really get involved, maybe a third but the rest just sit back and rest.
I just wish there was more of a difference between top and bottom so more guilds would actually make an attempt. Maybe this is just at the lower levels but it still feels frustrating. Especially when your guild is working hard( at least those who participate)
If you're competing in GBG for the guild rewards, you've clearly missed the value prop of GBG. I easily make 4x the fragments awarded at the end of a round from playing in the round. Then there's the hundreds of FPs, goods, dozens of units, and diamonds. None of which are available from the chest reward at the end of the round.

Same with GE. The rewards for 1st place are pretty much crap, but the personal rewards keep me doing 64/48 every single week. GBG is no different. The fact that the guild gets something for my individual pursuit of rewards is gravy. The meat of both are definitely found elsewhere.

DeletedUser33195

Hi, in post #870, Lannister the Rich said if you age up during GbG, you fight current age units. I’m hearing different from other players, that it’s like aging up in GE. Which is correct?

DeletedUser

Hi, in post #870, Lannister the Rich said if you age up during GbG, you fight current age units. I’m hearing different from other players, that it’s like aging up in GE. Which is correct?
The information I have from Inno states that the age of the player when GBG starts determines what units they'll face and what goods they'll need for that entire session, and if they advance in age/era during that session those won't change until the next session starts.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I believe that in Beta it started out that if you age up the troops and negotiations you faced were the new age, but it was changed to like GE before it made it to the live servers.

BobboG

I would like to know what we are supposed to do under this 'great' matching of guilds. We are a 40 person guild and have have been put in diamond, when we were supposed to be in platinum. We are with 4 other guild of 60-80 members. Te 3 biggest have formed an alliance and we cannot move from our HQ at all. How fair is this and why should we even try, when an alliance member preloads another's tile and just waits for us to attack and then takes the tile

Agent327

I would like to know what we are supposed to do under this 'great' matching of guilds. We are a 40 person guild and have have been put in diamond, when we were supposed to be in platinum. We are with 4 other guild of 60-80 members. Te 3 biggest have formed an alliance and we cannot move from our HQ at all. How fair is this and why should we even try, when an alliance member preloads another's tile and just waits for us to attack and then takes the tile

Enjoy the ride and accept you get better prizes.

There is an imbalance between the forge point pay out on different levels of the Statue of Honor.
A level 4 statue pays 5 fp,versus 2 x level 2 statues which together pay 6 fp, a level 5 statue pays 6 fp versus a level 2 & level 3 statue which together pay 7 fp
Is this imbalance going to be corrected ? and if so when please ?

DeletedUser37581

There is an imbalance between the forge point pay out on different levels of the Statue of Honor.
A level 4 statue pays 5 fp,versus 2 x level 2 statues which together pay 6 fp, a level 5 statue pays 6 fp versus a level 2 & level 3 statue which together pay 7 fp
Is this imbalance going to be corrected ? and if so when please ?
It's only an imbalance if FPs are the only consideration you take into account. There are also other rewards, and the size of the SoH.

RazorbackPirate

It's only an imbalance if FPs are the only consideration you take into account. There are also other rewards, and the size of the SoH.
^ This. So having done the math, use your fragments to build in way that maximizes what you personally are looking for. Fill your city with level 2 statues if maximum FPs is your goal. That you personally don't like the balance structure doesn't mean there's an imbalance issue that needs correcting.

Algona

I would like to know what we are supposed to do under this 'great' matching of guilds.

Seems like your current plan is to give up, complain, and hope INNO changes GBG. How is that working out for you?

Or you can try diplomacy? Relax for two weeks and store up Troops and Goods? Grow your Guild? Hit the Province to trigger the swap then hit it again 4 hours later with a coordinated blitz to take the spot before the other Guilds reset the lock and be prepared to exploit any breakthrough?

You've advanced to platinum. Your Guild should be able to do the last suggestion. If nothing else you can rack up a few individual Rewards.

It sucks, you're gonna have a brutal 10 days, but it's gotta be better then your current plan.

DeletedUser39048

My main gripe about GvG battleground, is that it appears each member of a guild gets the first 5 encounters a day at the lowest attrition rate. This seems completely unfair. Example: A guild with one member gets 5 low attrition rates per day, whereas a guild with 20 members gets a total of 100 low attrition rates per day.....in fact the larger the guild the fewer goods and military that guild has to use to conquer territory.

For an even playing field, the attrition level should be based on the number of total encounters by the guild.

Kranyar the Mysterious

For an even playing field, the attrition level should be based on the number of total encounters by the guild.
How would you even balance that? Make it so no one in a large guild can do much, just so those in a small guild can do a lot? That doesn't seem fair either. It would also likely kill GBG. It is your choice to be in a small guild. If you want to compete with the big boys, put on your big boy undies and move to a big boy guild.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How does your Guild lose 2000 Prestige after a GBG?
By doing worse in GBG than the prior week (finishing in the bottom half of your battleground) and losing MMR. MMR determines your prestige, and is recalculated and given out at the end of each GBG. The worse you do, the more MMR you lose.

I assume 2000 is a rounded number, and that falls right in between losing 100 and 125 MMR which is very possible to do.

Guild Prestige = (GBG MMR x 18) + GvG prestige + Town Hall prestige

RazorbackPirate

We were Rank 19 w/9K+Prestige 2 GBG ago. Next GBG Rank 41 w/9K Prestige. After Last GBG Rank 94 w/7K Prestige.
In GVG we have maintained our sectors.
I need help understanding.
We're a 19 member Guild.
Where's the critical information? What league were you in the last two rounds and where did you place in each round? As @Kranyar the Mysterious has pointed out, that's where your answer lies. Also consider that like yours, other guilds numbers are changing. Based on above, you're guild is losing MMR while the other guilds are gaining MMR.

Flavius Belisarius

Where's the critical information? What league were you in the last two rounds and where did you place in each round? As @Kranyar the Mysterious has pointed out, that's where your answer lies. Also consider that like yours, other guilds numbers are changing. Based on above, you're guild is losing MMR while the other guilds are gaining MMR.
I saw Kranyars post after I posted.
I get it now.

Flavius Belisarius

By doing worse in GBG than the prior week (finishing in the bottom half of your battleground) and losing MMR. MMR determines your prestige, and is recalculated and given out at the end of each GBG. The worse you do, the more MMR you lose.

I assume 2000 is a rounded number, and that falls right in between losing 100 and 125 MMR which is very possible to do.

Guild Prestige = (GBG MMR x 18) + GvG prestige + Town Hall prestige
Thank you:)