• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Ripoff

Kranyar the Mysterious

I did't buy footballs too and ended up with a fully upgraded Treasury, 11 lvl two Outposts and a fully upgraded Colossus. On top of that, I got two spare upgrades to the Treasury, one from final quest and one from silver league, and five Outpost upgrades.
So, the event was extremely easy and rewards were plenty and very good. And there was no need to spend diamonds at all, the diamond coach being only an option, not necessity.
Good job on INNO's part!
This was exactly my experience as well. I didn't buy any footballs, but did use free diamonds from GE/GBG/etc. to purchase the diamond coach on the one day that I spent the majority of my footballs in each of my cities. I ended up in silver league in all 3 cities, and ended up with a level 10 Olympic Treasury and 2 extra upgrades in each city.

This was probably the easiest event that I've participated in since I started playing just over 2 years ago. Certainly wasn't any reason to spend diamonds on footballs unless you got greedy for the gold player prizes.

The next event looks to be orders of magnitudes tougher than the Forge Bowl, and no daily specials to boot. I may just avoid the forums during that time so that I don't have to listen to all the crying that we are going to hear from that one. Nah, what am I saying? I'll just stock up on lots and lots of popcorn!

DeletedUser29404

Across 3 worlds, K/T/Z no Diamonds used; I have 3 Level 10 OT's. I used a combination of players, Coachs twice (but never the Diamond Coach, obviously) and hoarding/spending footballs when appropriate. I would guess the OP made a few bad moves. It wasnt easy, but other events were harder. Inno *could* have been more generous on the League Table by including the OT Upgrade as a reward for finishing in Bronze. Gold/Silver Leagues have only become landing spots for Credit Card Warriors. I would venture that future Inno events with there 4 tiered league system, will remain only the domain for CCWs, and all the "free players" will be stuck in Bronze. Not all Event Build Upgrades are available in the AD. So waiting 1 year for a *potential* Upgrade isnt a "Lock"

The Lady Redneck

OH Sheesh I am so fed up of folks whining about this Event and not getting the goodies. I can in all honesty say this has been the easiest and most relaxed event I have had the pleasure to play in a long time.

I play in 6 cities (between Iron Age and Future) plus Beta. I did not spend any real cash to buy diamonds for the Forge Bowl Event. I kept forgetting to use the coaches most of the time, but when I did it was the one for the extra yard or to get the daily special if it was something I wanted. My main reason for playing the Event was not to get one more fancy building, as in some of my cities I do not have the room to put it up anyway. I played to get medals, troops and FPs. And to get the Colossus U/G. I did the quests as and when they fitted in with my every day playing of the game. I did not bother with the league thing as I know that is there simply to entice folks to spend money. And I got a level 10 OT in all my worlds. No hassle, No Stress, No CC bill.

The Lady Redneck

The next event looks to be orders of magnitudes tougher than the Forge Bowl, and no daily specials to boot. I may just avoid the forums during that time so that I don't have to listen to all the crying that we are going to hear from that one. Nah, what am I saying? I'll just stock up on lots and lots of popcorn!

YEAY!!!! Kranyar I have already decided to sit the next one out LOL. You fancy making it a party??? Get in some caramel popcorn, I could make some Pizza. We just need someone to bring the beer and wine.

Emberguard

YEAY!!!! Kranyar I have already decided to sit the next one out LOL. You fancy making it a party??? Get in some caramel popcorn, I could make some Pizza. We just need someone to bring the beer and wine.
You could always try the mini game anyway just to see if you enjoy the mini game while ignoring the event portion. You wouldn’t need much event currency to play it without going for prizes. Just collecting the daily log ins a few times or doing the first 5 quests should be enough to make it fully playable without going for the prizes

The Lady Redneck

@ Emberguard

Yes. Have done that before. a few times when I have become "Event sick" Especially back when we were getting all the Mini historical Events as well as the bigger ones. I really enjoyed the Forge Bowl. So will be happy just to pick up whatever comes from St Paddy's Day. The main prize is another multi part building which I dislike anyway. I know they usually have a good daily payout, but they are such a pain when it comes to doing a city overhaul. Would be good if each piece could be locked together so you could move them as one.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I will do the quest line on all of my worlds, and while there appears to be a way to get all of the pieces for a full set, I think that is going to be too time intensive with all the other normal things to do in game.

I might use one of the alternate ways that will get you 7 or 8 pieces for very little work, and that should be fine since several of the pieces don't really need to be on level 2 anyways.

All of that assumes that nothing major changes in the game between now and when it hits live. Besides, while the set is beautiful, I'm not sure I would build it in any of my cities.

RazorbackPirate

I think that is going to be too time intensive with all the other normal things to do in game.

while the set is beautiful, I'm not sure I would build it in any of my cities.
^This.

The mini game looks like running another Settlement but even more time consuming. I just redesigned both of my cities to incorporate the OT and second Colossus. As I was designing, I kept an eye out for some way to incorporate the new set. Although I still have a couple of Terrace Farms out, They each have a single tile of road touching it. With 3 large pieces needing a road tile, it will be challenging to add to my cities. Not sure it's worth the hassle to get, or to use.

BTW - Is this the replacement for Carnival? Given the work involved, I'd rather have that back.

Graviton

I think we should all calm down. What is the sense of the Forums if we are going to insult those that post here?

When the thread title is inflammatory one should expect replies in kind. There is little tolerance here for people who would rather post diatribes about how unfair the game is or how crappy Inno Games is, rather than post with questions on how to improve their game.

DeletedUser24719

But aren't both valid issues! Everyone who has played this game for any length of time knows how cheap INNO is with rewards. Seriously, a store building for completing level 4 GE in SAM! Give us all a break now and then INNO . One would think you guys are taking the rewards out of your own pockets!! When are the so called devs going to get back reality! Oh! wait I forget its all about profit!

CDmark

Rip, before any event, spend time reading all the content in Wikia. There will be tips there and it is all explained. Now, the fact that the sentinel outpost L1 and L2 were back to back, for 150 diamonds I played, it was well worth it. 150 diamonds, one to two weeks of GE, still free.

Emberguard

Everyone who has played this game for any length of time knows how cheap INNO is with rewards.
Anyone who’s played any length of time would know it’s the exact opposite. Cheap with rewards? You’ve never received more from the game then you do now. It’s never been faster to beat the game then it is now.

How is winning 10 dark doorways or black towers in a single event in addition to the Abandoned Asylum being cheap? 2-3 years ago you got 1 black tower and nothing else. So in 2-3 years we’ve gone from 3 FPs, 5 Goods to getting 44 FPs, 20 goods in a single event (if you can fit the 10 dark doorways in)

And the Forge Bowl? You could win 2 Colossus easy. For either free or 150 diamonds. 2-3 years ago you’d get 1 pillar of heroes for free and the second would cost 8-10k diamonds.

DeletedUser36572

But aren't both valid issues! Everyone who has played this game for any length of time knows how cheap INNO is with rewards. Seriously, a store building for completing level 4 GE in SAM! Give us all a break now and then INNO . One would think you guys are taking the rewards out of your own pockets!! When are the so called devs going to get back reality! Oh! wait I forget its all about profit!

I love it when people refer to sophomoric complaints as legitimate valid issues, followed by telling a business they should help their employees to get a grasp on reality, by imagining profit is not the goal.

I’m Betting That One Went
To College

Agent327

Who is forcing you to play? What reality do you live in?

DeletedUser

What is that icon next to the soccer ball with all the players? I've played just slightly longer than you and completed every event, but have never seen that badge.
If you're talking about the one that looks like a tropical drink in front of palm trees, that's Beach Club...for finishing the main questline of the Summer Event.