• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Ripoff

RazorbackPirate

So i guess I needed to get out a calculator, figure out the stats then just pick the right player's? Oops, and coach's.
Yes. That is what you needed to do if you wanted it for free. For failing to do the math you then needed to
pay 50 bucks for the last level.
Would you like us to lie to you to make you feel better? The correct strategy, as dictated by the math, would have allowed you to get a full OT for free. Failure to plan is planning to fail. You got exactly what you planned for, but not what you hoped for. Next time you'll know.

DeletedUser36572

Wow nice group, lol. Not complaining but I've been playing on and off for years. Never had to pay to get the highest level of building before. But I have to this time. So i guess I needed to get out a calculator, figure out the stats then just pick the right player's? Oops, and coach's. Or pay 50 bucks for the last level.

It’s already getting better for you.

Look at it this way, you cannot say you have been playing years and never had to pay to get a fully upgraded Event Building anymore ... Problem Solved.

Who’s The Greedy One

Agent327

So i guess I needed to get out a calculator, figure out the stats then just pick the right player's? Oops, and coach's. Or pay 50 bucks for the last level.

No need for that. There are people doing it for you. ASll you need to do is look it up. If even that is to much to ask from you, just shut your trap.

Algona

Wow nice group, lol. Not complaining but I've been playing on and off for years. Never had to pay to get the highest level of building before. But I have to this time. So i guess I needed to get out a calculator, figure out the stats then just pick the right player's? Oops, and coach's. Or pay 50 bucks for the last level.

Of course you are complaining, why deny it? You got the same problem as the OP, you didn't ask for help and didn't put any planning into the Event so of course you screwe4d up the Event. . You;re going one up though, You;re scoffing at doing the planning that would have let you get what you wanted for free. Scoffing at planning? In a strategy game?

Your problems, not INNO's

If you had been paying attention over the years you would see that INNO has given the players exactly what they have been asking for in Events.

Among other changes, INNO has set up Events to give cheapskate players like me two exclusive options because some players want the main prize and some players want to maximize daily prizes.

This Event changed that with the inexpensive* Diamond Coach. Freerollers who bothered to acquire some of the multitude of free Diamonds out there and spent any time reading, planning, looking for or asking for advice easily got the main prize and a lot of dailys.

INNO IS GETTING GREEDY...

Naive. INNO has always been greedy, businesses that re not are no longer businesses. IINNO gives players the ways to earn so many free Diamonds that players don;t have to buy Diamonds. Nonetheless, INNO's current successful financial model allows thousands of cheapskates like me the opportunity to play without ever spending money.

That you can't see that or take advantage of that is again, your problem, Not INNO's problem.

*If you are not earning enough free Diamonds to spend150 on an Event you are doing a lot of things seriously wrong! **

**Like whining instead of asking for advice.

DeletedUser

Or you could have noticed over the years that the players with the best percentage for the Daily Special are also the worst for yardage per football. So you have to decide between fully upgraded main prize and going for Daily Specials. Same choice pretty much every event. Although you could do what I did and get the free extra yardage coach on the days that I went for Daily Specials, getting the best of both worlds.

UBERhelp1

Although you could do what I did and get the free extra yardage coach on the days that I went for Daily Specials, getting the best of both worlds.
I just went with the diamond coach. Only 150 diamonds? That's pretty cheap for the boost it gives you. And that's less than a lucky week in GE will get you.

I remember when I first joined FoE (this city was deleted btw) was at the end of the Tholos event. I only got a level 4, but that was better than pretty much every building in my city. Then, I realized that I could have played the event more strategically and won more stuff. I got better and better, and now come out on top of every event.

boeffie

I did the event on 6 worlds.
I have a lvl 10 OP on one of them, and I had payed diamonds for the coach one day.
On 3 worlds I am halfway on the field, to get a SoK, so nowhere near getting the last upgrade.
On 2 worlds am halfway to getting an upgrade at touchdown, might spend some diamonds on one of them.

So I end up with a 5x4 building, which gives goods and 7 fp, on 5/6 worlds. Not bad. Not what I did the event for, though.

But next time I will make sure to check if there is anything that needs to be done imperatively, to be reasonably sure to get an event building that corresponds to expectation.

Emberguard

So i guess I needed to get out a calculator, figure out the stats then just pick the right player's? Oops, and coach's. Or pay 50 bucks for the last level.
well not exactly. You don’t need to know every calculation. You only need to recognise what counts towards the main prize and prioritise your end goal over all the bits and pieces on the way.

If you’re prioritising anything that increases your chances at the main prize you’ll know ahead of time how much you can stop at and then go after side goals such as the Daily Specials. If you prioritise anything else then you won’t know how much you need to catch up by until it’s too late. No matter which you do first you’re still going to get Daily Specials, so it makes sense to prioritise the Grand Prize first over everything else.

Every event that presents 3 choices at a time usually puts the most expensive as the worst efficiency. So you only need to recognise that it’s a recurring pattern to know not to pick the Gold players without having to recalculate every time. Of course you could always calculate on your first choices presented what the spread is like to make sure it’s the same sort of thing as previous years, but generally it’s the cheapest options are the best.

It’s worth noting that strategy games in general usually have the most expensive options as either a high gain immediate trade off (bad efficiency - really obvious gains) or high gain at high risk (gamble it’ll have a cascading effect for better efficiency like the Arc. Usually doesn’t look like it’s a better option due to the initial outlay)

Last edited:

Godly Luke

That's where I went wrong...
- if you picked the +1 yard coach you were guaranteed to get a Lvl 10 as long as you never touched the Gold Players.

- if you picked a coach that didn’t provide the extra yards then it was more or less impossible to get a Lvl 10. You might have potentially scraped in but only if you got enough from incidents, daily log ins and the right players coming up. High
y unlikely to happen as you won’t always have Red appearing and only one of the three would get you over the line

RazorbackPirate

I don't think the level 9 has the defense boost, though.
While you are correct, at level 9, it's still a 20 goods, 7 FP building. Are there better 4x5s we have access to I don't know about? I replaced 4 SoKs, a lvl 2 VT, and 3 road tiles for mine. Even storing a TF would upgrade the space.

While I did get a level 10 OT in both of my cities, and would be disappointed had I not, they would still be built. You got anything better going on for that space?

DeletedUser

Full disclosure: I did spend 150 Diamonds per world on the one day that I went for the Daily Special of Wishing Wells. However, if I had not done that, I would have used the free Coach with the +1 yard per play. So the Diamonds I spent were irrelevant to getting the fully upgraded main prize.

I still got the level 10 Olympic Treasury in all 5 cities (in one I have not built it yet) without spending Diamonds other than the ones I noted above. On the day that I went for the Daily Special in each city, I picked the longest yardage on each play. That gave me the best percentage chance at the Daily Special, and the +1 yard boost kept me alive for 9 upgrades. It was close in each city, but part of that was that I was lazy about collecting Incidents during the event, which would have given my quite a few more footballs had I been more committed to collecting them every day.

mamboking053

While you are correct, at level 9, it's still a 20 goods, 7 FP building. Are there better 4x5s we have access to I don't know about? I replaced 4 SoKs, a lvl 2 VT, and 3 road tiles for mine. Even storing a TF would upgrade the space.

While I did get a level 10 OT in both of my cities, and would be disappointed had I not, they would still be built. You got anything better going on for that space?

It depends on what the OP was after. I'm assuming the reason the OP was disappointed was because he lost out on the rare attackers-defense bonus. For this event building, it seems to be all or nothing as far as that's concerned.

DeletedUser3485

Last year I did make it to Silver league, this year didn't get close. The league's scores are based on the players that move up with the yardage, which increases the number of yards you have to reach to get a higher ranking. So, unless certain players were getting stashes of football incidences, a lot of players were buying footballs, which means without buying footballs, you simply aren't going to finish in the gold and silver leagues. Not complaining, just stating the way it is.

DevaCat

Four cities, four max OTs. Zero diamonds used (and bless the ones who did use them). I used the same strategy that has worked on the previous soccer and football events, which has been outlined above. The only new wrinkle was the coaches; nice addition increasing choices in gameplay -- I used the yardage guy because I wanted to ensure getting the big Treasuries. That military boost is sweet!

I did use the most efficient gold and silver players a bit while chasing SOs and their upgrades, a gamble but I used the yardage coach during that so it didn't hurt too much. It did make it a little closer than I like in getting the final Treasury upgrades, but worth the risk to me.

One thing that did change was the final league placements. In the past my cities have usually ended in bronze, often flirting with and occasionally ending in silver. As pointed out, silver and gold placements usually are going to take some spending. This event, I think one city may have stayed in bronze (was close and still some time left) and the others likely to have placed one league lower. I'm not complaining.

On the contrary, I think Inno hit this one out of the park (joke intended). Tholos, Colossus and others as dailies, and better-than-recent final daily specials? I think this drove greater participation and more spending, which would of course push some of us into lower league placings. But complainers note well: you did not require a higher league placement to get your final OT upgrade. Not unfair, not greedy. Well done Inno!

DeletedUser36145

I did't buy footballs too and ended up with a fully upgraded Treasury, 11 lvl two Outposts and a fully upgraded Colossus. On top of that, I got two spare upgrades to the Treasury, one from final quest and one from silver league, and five Outpost upgrades.
So, the event was extremely easy and rewards were plenty and very good. And there was no need to spend diamonds at all, the diamond coach being only an option, not necessity.
Good job on INNO's part!

Freshmeboy

I was a bit disappointed that I had to buy 100 footballs...The last 100 was given after I finished all the events on the last day..that little four or six hour window after reset. I wasn't going to be around and I knew it, so I bought my final footballs and made my final two throws for the last upgrade., I was several thousand behind the silver event on Z and about 1200 behind on my main and bronze didn't cut the mustard. It's OK, the prize is another monster and its a small price to pay for the advantages it gives....

RazorbackPirate

So, unless certain players were getting stashes of football incidences, a lot of players were buying footballs, which means without buying footballs, you simply aren't going to finish in the gold and silver leagues. Not complaining, just stating the way it is.
This is an incorrect statement. In both of my cities, I ended in Silver League. I bought the Ultimate Coach the 2 days I played, 300 free diamonds in each. Since leagues were determined by total yards, the combination of selecting the best yard/fb plays each time, along with +1 yard per play and double league points put me solidly there.

I ended up with a level 10 OT in both cities with 2 extra upgrades in each. 1 extra from the last quest, the second extra from Silver league. I also got a level 10 Colossus in each city, plus over a dozen Sentinel Outpost upgrades in each, plus a bunch of fodder for the AD. All for free.

DeletedUser36572

I made poor choices, and fell in 1 upgrade short on a fully upgraded Olympic Treasury in most cases. I did score a load of daily specials, a few new avatars, finished about as high as I could get in Bronze League, and put the 50 Forge Points to good use.

I’ll save the OT components for next year, use the towers to gain bonuses filling in a few empty spots here and there in my city, and hopefully be better prepared for the next Event.

None of it was Inno’s fault, I had a good time, and thanks for the free stuff.

No Big Deal