• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Leveling up other players' GBs

DeletedUser36572

You;re missing my point. I can't stop a hoodie from doing anything at all.

But I can keep a Friend or Guildie from doing anything a second time.

As I said, it all depends on who is scripting the reality.

Where that is true, reality remains the same.

If a player is not your Guildmember, Friend or Neighbor, the they cannot donate points to your Great Building anyway ... We aren’t talking about about what a player cannot do to buildings they don’t have access to.

Personally, kicking someone for giving you free Forge Points would be a bit petty ... But that’s just my OPINION (which I can combine with some beef, onion, pickle, cheese and bun to get a hamburger).

But I get it ... A bunch of power-pro players who are so awesome they need to act like they are tremendously insulted and their Empire will crumble if they miss a single “double dip”.

To Each Their Own

Graviton

I’ll give you credit for bringing your unenforceable emotional desires into an imaginary argument.

I am not arguing or trying to make a case for anything. I am stating facts you really cannot argue with, outside of your desire to expect something you are not owed, and that truly isn’t supported in any way by game functions.

In other words ... You can argue until you are blue in the face, but if you thinks that makes the slightest bit of difference in what I can or cannot do ... You are and will be wrong ... Really wrong.

Period

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Algona

But I get it ... A bunch of power-pro players who are so awesome they need to act like they are tremendously insulted and their Empire will crumble if they miss a single “double dip”.

Well, no. And yes. I don't get pissy about such things. I do recognize other do though.

In the case of Friends it's easy. Both have to agree that they are both happy since either can terminate at any time.

For the hood, ya gotta live with it.

For a Guild though? Really depends on the mindset of the Guild Leadership. Who gets the sympathy? The guy that wants to do something to some one else in the Guild? Or the guy who doesn't want something done to them?

I prefer the latter. I'm not much of one for forcing others to play the way I want even if I don't agree with them. This bites me in the ass constantly because I'm not a believer in most of the 'conventional' thinking and methods used in this game.

DeletedUser36572

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

That’s the point ... I don’t need to tell myself anything because you don’t have to agree with me for me to be able to put the last point to level on your Great Building.

In fact ... You would require me to agree with you to get what you are expressing as your desire ... So tell yourself whatever garbage you need to.

Reality

DeletedUser36572

Well, no. And yes. I don't get pissy about such things. I do recognize other do though.

In the case of Friends it's easy. Both have to agree that they are both happy since either can terminate at any time.

For the hood, ya gotta live with it.

For a Guild though? Really depends on the mindset of the Guild Leadership. Who gets the sympathy? The guy that wants to do something to some one else in the Guild? Or the guy who doesn't want something done to them?

I prefer the latter. I'm not much of one for forcing others to play the way I want even if I don't agree with them. This bites me in the ass constantly because I'm not a believer in most of the 'conventional' thinking and methods used in this game.

I hear you man ... I am only currently a leader in one guild (all newish players).

I teach them from the get-go that if you don’t lock it it ain’t yours, and with a lot of things like last point, sniping and plundering ... Don’t sweat it.

There are so many ways to mitigate the effects, or recover losses, that there are things in this game people get upset about that are just goofy short sighted losses in the grand scheme of things.

They are a tough bunch and we have made incredible advances in two months.

Gaming For Fun

Graviton

That’s the point ... I don’t need to tell myself anything because you don’t have to agree with me for me to be able to put the last point to level on your Great Building.

In fact ... You would require me to agree with you to get what you are expressing as your desire ... So tell yourself whatever garbage you need to.

Reality

Twisted logic is not logic. I never asked for you to agree with me on anything other than the fact that you can't tell everybody else what their opinion is supposed to be about double-dipping. Meanwhile you're assassinating the character of anybody who doesn't share your philosophy.

Ego-tripping

DeletedUser36572

Twisted logic is not logic. I never asked for you to agree with me on anything other than the fact that you can't tell everybody else what their opinion is supposed to be about double-dipping. Meanwhile you're assassinating the character of anybody who doesn't share your philosophy.

Ego-tripping

Quit trying to twist it then ... Because I haven’t asked you to do anything. It’s not a desire, philosophy, or logical theory I am expressing ... It’s a fact that’s not up for debate.

I am sorry if you don’t understand that what your opinion about double dipping may be, it still won’t stop someone from putting the last point on your Great Buildings if they want to ... That’s all I am saying, and if you have to get your undies in a wad and think ego, emotion or any other amusing absent minded garbage will make a difference to that ... Hide and watch.

Goofy

Graviton

Quit trying to twist it then ... Because I haven’t asked you to do anything. It’s not a desire, philosophy, or logical theory I am expressing ... It’s a fact that’s not up for debate.

Your opinion is not fact, for the umpteenth time, that is the point you insist on missing.

it still won’t stop someone from putting the last point on your Great Buildings if they want to ... That’s all I am saying,

You'll need to heavily edit all of your previous posts then, the ones that say a whole lot more than that.

DeletedUser36572

Your opinion is not fact, for the umpteenth time, that is the point you insist on missing.

It’s not an opinion ... I can invest as many open (unpaid) Forge Points on a Great Building, up to and including, the last one ... That’s a fact.

It doesn’t matter how many ways, or how many times you try to express otherwise.

Duh

Graviton

It’s not an opinion ... I can invest as many open (unpaid) Forge Points on a Great Building, up to and including, the last one ... That’s a fact.

It was also not the point you were arguing until now. Trying to gaslight us all on page 2 isn't going to work.

DeletedUser36572

It was also not the point you were arguing until now. Trying to gaslight us all on page 2 isn't going to work.

I am not arguing ... It is what it is, you can gaslight, try to make stuff up and pretend it matters. All you have is opinion that isn’t supported in game mechanics.

Edit:
I mentioned that in my first post when indicated it was something the owner cannot control and shouldn’t expect ... You are and have been trying to argue otherwise ever since ... And it still hasn’t changed.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

Why is it wrong to level up someone else's GB?

There’s nothing wrong with leveling another player’s Great Building except a bunch of garbage players make up about things they cannot control, should not expect, and you shouldn’t care about..

That's not, "nobody can stop me," that's, "there's nothing wrong with it and anybody who disagrees with that is a bad person".

... all you have to support anything being wrong is an opinionated, judgmental, ill supported, unenforceable, delusional desire that you are somehow owed something at the expense of another player’s desires

That's not, "nobody can stop me," that's, "there's nothing wrong with it and the only reason anybody would disagree with me is because they have multiple character flaws."

I am stating facts

That's not "nobody can stop me," that's, "My opinion that there's nothing wrong with it is objective fact."

DeletedUser36572

That's not, "nobody can stop me," that's, "there's nothing wrong with it and anybody who disagrees with that is a bad person".

That's not, "nobody can stop me," that's, "there's nothing wrong with it and the only reason anybody would disagree with me is because they have multiple character flaws."

That's not "nobody can stop me," that's, "My opinion that there's nothing wrong with it is objective fact."

I understand where you are having difficulty.

You are free to believe you are righteous, and what the game allows is wrong, if it so suits your desires ... Not that it matters what you think as far as what a player can do (especially just because you make-up some character issue garbage that is completely irrelevant).

Talk About Ego ... LoL

Kranyar the Mysterious

I call horse$hit on Blacksand. You can spout off all day long how ruining a double dip is just peachy, and that your top 25 guild doesn't care about someone ruining a double dip, and for all your talk here I seriously doubt that you actually behave that way in the game. You go add the last fp on someone's level 135 cape just a few minutes before they were going to collect and then spout off all the cr@p you've been spouting here to them and see how long you last. 1 - I bet you wouldn't be there long, and 2 - I don't think you'd actually have the guts to do so.

TLDNR - Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, and for all the bs spouted above I seriously doubt you actually follow it.

DeletedUser36572

I call horse$hit on Blacksand. You can spout off all day long how ruining a double dip is just peachy, and that your top 25 guild doesn't care about someone ruining a double dip, and for all your talk here I seriously doubt that you actually behave that way in the game. You go add the last fp on someone's level 135 cape just a few minutes before they were going to collect and then spout off all the cr@p you've been spouting here to them and see how long you last. 1 - I bet you wouldn't be there long, and 2 - I don't think you'd actually have the guts to do so.

TLDNR - Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, and for all the bs spouted above I seriously doubt you actually follow it.

Thanks for your input ...
But at no point did I ever indicate anything was peachy.

I simply indicated that expecting something you are not guaranteed, and attempt to enforce your desires on others, is not realistic. Attempting to legislate “niceness” is a step further than what the game allows as simple player choices.

I am willing to accept that there is probably an abundance of players that are far more emotionally invested in their own personal desires, and how they relate to their gaming experience, than I am. Just be thankful I won’t ever fuss at you over something as insignificant as losing the opportunity of a double dip.

If I Am Nice To You
It Will Never Be Because
The Majority Of Players
Think I Should Be

DeletedUser36572

You're missing the point as well. That fact was never in dispute. The question was, is it wrong to deny a player a double-dip. There is not an objective answer to that question.

What is wrong is expecting something you have no control over, and trying to enforce your desires on others, by saying they are wrong if they don’t do what you want them to.

I Got Your Point