• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Leveling up other players' GBs

DeletedUser32973

Double dipping is so trivial given the grand scheme of things that it amazes me this topic comes up so frequently. If you're at the point where, say, your Cape double dip of 30+ fp is "stolen" from you, then it's likely that fp is just a drop in the ocean anyway.

DeletedUser36572

Make up your mind. You CANNOT go around leveling others buildings and then get upset if they do it back to you.

What I can or cannot do is in no way influenced by how you may feel about my actions. It doesn’t matter if you like what I do, dislike what I do, think what I do is nice or petty, think my action are righteous, justified or irrational.

In short ... Your emotional response towards whatever I may choose to do, in no way determines whether or not I can do it.

I am not confused, nor required to think I am tough, nor required to think I am nice, nor required to think I am cool, nor required to think I am anything ... I can put the last point on a player’s Great Building simply because there is nothing about how you feel about the action, or me, that can stop me from doing so.

The only thing that even suggests it shouldn’t be done, is simply how your emotions have influenced your inability to recognize simple facts.

It’s A Game ...

OutlawDon

That which is not explicitly prohibited is implicitly permitted.

I do feel bad that a Guildie or Friend might donate to one of my GBs via the Guild FP swap thread only to see an outside player jump in and knock them out of a spot in which they might otherwise break even or make a profit (to say nothing of the Medals and BPs they'd get), but Inno, in their wisdom, has decided that this isn't enough of a problem for them to address in any real fashion, so my conclusion must be that, to them, it is "working as intended".
I think part of the fun of the game is getting to know which of your neighbors has a sadistic streak and which are more inclined to be friends or trading partners. I also find that many people seem to attack to satisfy a quest, and then stop short of plundering, so sadistic plunderers seem to be rare.

DevaCat

I think part of the fun of the game is getting to know which of your neighbors has a sadistic streak and which are more inclined to be friends or trading partners. I also find that many people seem to attack to satisfy a quest, and then stop short of plundering, so sadistic plunderers seem to be rare.
First, I want to salute you for your ability to start and maintain a 5 page topic with so few posts of your own. Nicely done.

Now, this last bit regarding "sadistic plunderers" really, really deserves its own very special thread. I look forward to that with great anticipation.

The only time I will level up someone's GB is when they've sat on it for weeks with only 2 FP to level. If there are forge points there and I need them, I won't wait for someone who plays the game every other week or is on some kind of hiatus. Otherwise, I see no reason to level-up another player's GB...especially if the player is active. You just don't have to. Leave a point or two and give the player an opportunity to do their thing. It doesn't hurt you to chill out.

Lancer

The only time I will level up someone's GB is when they've sat on it for weeks with only 2 FP to level. If there are forge points there and I need them, I won't wait for someone who plays the game every other week or is on some kind of hiatus. Otherwise, I see no reason to level-up another player's GB...especially if the player is active. You just don't have to. Leave a point or two and give the player an opportunity to do their thing. It doesn't hurt you to chill out.
I agree with this practice 100%.

Agent327

Maybe a year and a half ago your comment would have been relevant. OP has not been on the forum for more than a year.