• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Leveling up other players' GBs

Lancer

Why is it wrong to level up someone else's GB?

Most GBs reward you with either goods, coins/supplies, FPs, etc.. So if you level it up for the owner of these GBs, and it's not near the time for their daily collection, then you have cost this person whatever the collection was offering. Usually, people will donate enough FPs to bring it to like one or two FPs away from leveling. Then message the owner of that certain GB and let them know that it is ready to level up. Then after the owner does his or her collection, they will go ahead and level it up and do the collection for that GB again. That way the times for your daily collections are not altered or spread out.

OutlawDon

Most GBs reward you with either goods, coins/supplies, FPs, etc.. So if you level it up for the owner of these GBs, and it's not near the time for their daily collection, then you have cost this person whatever the collection was offering. Usually, people will donate enough FPs to bring it to like one or two FPs away from leveling. Then message the owner of that certain GB and let them know that it is ready to level up. Then after the owner does his or her collection, they will go ahead and level it up and do the collection for that GB again. That way the times for your daily collections are not altered or spread out.
Understand! Thanks!

DeletedUser36572

Why is it wrong to level up someone else's GB?

There’s nothing wrong with leveling another player’s Great Building except a bunch of garbage players make up about things they cannot control, should not expect, and you shouldn’t care about.

I had a player fuss at me for leveling his CDM, and he said he missed the “double dip” and he lost 39 Forge Points ... At which point I told the fool, “You did not lose 39 Forge Points, you gained 121 free Forge Points (and one more Point a day from now on) when I leveled your CDM”.

Great Buildings cannot be plundered. If a player wants to keep their schedule, they don’t have to collect until their regular time anyway. If a player sends you a message complaining about the free Forge Points you put on their Great Building ... Tell the that is no way to say “Thank You”.

Free Points

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31499

It’s not ok to level another players GB unless they say it’s ok. Instead of putting 121 free fp on their GB, why not put just 120 so they can double dip?

Another point, players who have access to 1.9 help don’t need your free fp. They get thousands of free fp every week.

WinnerGR

It’s not ok to level another players GB unless they say it’s ok. Instead of putting 121 free fp on their GB, why not put just 120 so they can double dip?

Another point, players who have access to 1.9 help don’t need your free fp. They get thousands of free fp every week.
I disagree unless they say otherwise then level up all you like .

DeletedUser36572

If they are in a 1.9 Thread and whatever I donate messes them up ... Then they don’t know how to work a 1.9 Thread.

The rest is just imaginary stuff that is desired and not required.

Free Points

Jern2017

I won't say no to a few extra FP from neighbors. I use a 1.90 thread and I profit off neighbors most of the time. They either donate way too much for a spot so I get more than 1.90, or they donate too little and I make sure they get pushed to a lower spot, in which case they still overpay and I get some profit.

Back on topic, leveling other player's GBs is, in my experience, considered poor etiquette in most guilds and among more experienced friends.

DeletedUser36572

That's not really up to you, is it? It's up to the owner of the GB.

I am afraid you are mistaken.

They are my Forge Points, and if you think I cannot not spend however many I can afford that remain open and want to, when and where I want to, on any Great Building open for leveling after I unlock Architecture In Iron Age ... You are wrong, and I’ll prove it to you.

Now you can make-up whatever imaginary rules or requirements to either favor or support whatever desires you may have ... But they will be out of your control, completely unenforceable, and likewise irrelevant.

Reality

Graviton

The question is now who's points they are, the question is whether it's considered bad form to level somebody else's GB. That judgement is not yours to make for somebody else. You can't plead right of ownership over your FPs but deny everybody else right of ownership to their own GBs.

DeletedUser36572

The question is now who's points they are, the question is whether it's considered bad form to level somebody else's GB. That judgement is not yours to make for somebody else. You can't plead right of ownership over your FPs but deny everybody else right of ownership to their own GBs.

I don’t have to plead for anything ... That’s your imaginary world.

They are my points, I can invest them in whatever spot is open to me, and I will get what I paid for. There is no judgement involved, because that’s just the way the game works ... Like it or not. It’s not my fault if you don’t get what you want because you expected something that isn’t yours to control.

The question was what was wrong, when all you have to support anything being wrong is an opinionated, judgmental, ill supported, unenforceable, delusional desire that you are somehow owed something at the expense of another player’s desires ... When they are footing the bill and leveling someone else’s Great Building.

It’s incredibly bad form to try and argue with reality.

LOL!!

Graviton

I don’t have to plead for anything ... That’s your imaginary world.

What? "Plead" meaning "make a case", "construct an argument", etc. You are using an argument about ownership to make the case that the owner of a GB has no right to decide whether he wants it levelled or not. That's logically inconsistent.

They are my points, I can invest them in whatever spot is open to me, and I will get what I paid for.

Again: that's not the question.

The question was what was wrong...

Which was answered.

... when all you have to support anything being wrong is an opinionated, judgmental, ill supported, unenforceable, delusional desire that you are somehow owed something at the expense of another player’s desires ...

I'll ignore all that emotional drivel and point out that you're attempting to make this something objective when it's not. You don't think anybody should care if they don't get a double-dip (meaning they are losing production, a point you conveniently ignore), and that's fine, that's your opinion. You don't get to make that decision for other people, they can feel about it however they want, your ineptly-presumed moral superiority notwithstanding.

Algona

It’s incredibly bad form to try and argue with reality.

Depends on who owns the reality? My Friends list, my decision if you're on it, and if I'm running the Guild, then it's my decision if you stay there as well.

Almost got my ass kicked from a Guild because I wasn't paying attention putting FPs where they were not welcome.

Oh, sure, I can look for a Guild where folk don't frown on it, I've been in those kinds of Guilds.

Artificial construct all in my imagination or not, I'll take the Guild that frowns on putting FPs where they are not wanted.

I'm fine with you playing however you want, and if we're hoodies I got no problem with you doing whatever you want.

But espousing a cowboy FP gunslinger mentality as the only reality? No bueno.

DeletedUser36572

What? "Plead" meaning "make a case", "construct an argument", etc. You are using an argument about ownership to make the case that the owner of a GB has no right to decide whether he wants it levelled or not. That's logically inconsistent.

Again: that's not the question.

Which was answered.

I'll ignore all that emotional drivel and point out that you're attempting to make this something objective when it's not. You don't think anybody should care if they don't get a double-dip (meaning they are losing production, a point you conveniently ignore), and that's fine, that's your opinion. You don't get to make that decision for other people, they can feel about it however they want, your ineptly-presumed moral superiority notwithstanding.

I’ll give you credit for bringing your unenforceable emotional desires into an imaginary argument.

I am not arguing or trying to make a case for anything. I am stating facts you really cannot argue with, outside of your desire to expect something you are not owed, and that truly isn’t supported in any way by game functions.

In other words ... You can argue until you are blue in the face, but if you thinks that makes the slightest bit of difference in what I can or cannot do ... You are and will be wrong ... Really wrong.

Period

DeletedUser36572

Depends on who owns the reality? My Friends list, my decision if you're on it, and if I'm running the Guild, then it's my decision if you stay there as well.

Almost got my ass kicked from a Guild because I wasn't paying attention putting FPs where they were not welcome.

Oh, sure, I can look for a Guild where folk don't frown on it, I've been in those kinds of Guilds.

Artificial construct all in my imagination or not, I'll take the Guild that frowns on putting FPs where they are not wanted.

I'm fine with you playing however you want, and if we're hoodies I got no problem with you doing whatever you want.

But espousing a cowboy FP gunslinger mentality as the only reality? No bueno.

It not a gunslinger, attitude or emotion.

It’s simply what can be done ... And to expect otherwise is still just an expectation people try to enforce in attempts to tell other people what they can or cannot do in order to make them act the way they want them to.

No need to pretend otherwise, because there is no argument as to whether or not a player can put their Forge Points on another player’s Great Building.

I appreciate when people help me level my Great Buildings, and will never fuss at them about how they do it. If I am in a 1.9 Thread, I fully prime my building before I post it, and if other members fill the spots in order like they are supposed to, there will be no problem.

Edit:
I am in three Guilds (2 in the top 25 on their world), that if you start talking “last point” garbage, they’ll tell you it’s not an issue. You may do whatever you want with your Guild, but that’s not the only option available.

I Am Playing A Game
That Has Rules ...
And A Lot Of Other Garbage
People Make Up To Suit Their
Imaginary World