• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is a Snipe?

• Thread starter DeletedUser37581
  • Start date

DeletedUser36572

You are the one who mentioned them being in a wad. Whose panties were you referring to, if not your own?

I am not responsible for any misconceptions you may arrive at in attempts to make what was posted mean something it never did, and still doesn’t.

Oddball

Dominator - X

Players that get their undies in wad, because other players do what they can do, within the rules.

Duh

So, the fact that I offered a definition is another reason for players to get their undies in a wad, because other players do what they can do, within the rules? Strange conclusion that you have drawn there.
Players that get their undies in wad, because other players do what they can do, within the rules.

Duh

So, the fact that I offered a definition for sniping is "Yet another way for players to get their undies in a wad, because other players do what they can, within the rules."?

OK. Just seems like a strange conclusion you have reached, but it is what it is. Thanks for contributing.

Dominator - X

I agree. I have one such sniper been leveling my Arc in one of my cities for the last 35 levels.
Nice. I have several friends who leave spots open on their GBs and allow guild members to contribute at a reduced rate and then lock their contribution in. It helps lower level members get prints and rewards. They normally contribute an amount more than they will get back, so it is a "contribution" rather than a snipe.

DeletedUser36572

So, the fact that I offered a definition is another reason for players to get their undies in a wad, because other players do what they can do, within the rules? Strange conclusion that you have drawn there.

What I posted didn’t have a thing to do with anything you posted (unless I quoted your post). When you commented towards my post, I simply asked you how you came to the stupid conclusion you arrived at ... And you still haven’t answered that.

Sorry if you got lost in your confusion ... And still cannot find your way out.

Try Again

Dominator - X

What I posted didn’t have a thing to do with anything you posted (unless I quoted your post). When you commented towards my post, I simply asked you how you came to the stupid conclusion you arrived at ... And you still haven’t answered that.

Sorry if you got lost in your confusion ... And still cannot find your way out.

Try Again

The only confusing thing is your snarky replies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Funny thing is, you did quote my post. That is why I responded in the first place. Not lost. The only confusing thing is your snarky replies.

No I didn’t you moron ... You can refer to post #38 and see it yourself.

And I always thought a Snipe was a small, rodent-like creature you catch by sitting in the middle of a field in the middle of the night by banging on a tin can and hollering "Here Snipeysnipeysnipe!"

No it isn’t ... It’s a small bird, relative to a woodcock, and has its own defined hunting season in several states.

Hahaha

Dominator - X

No I didn’t you moron ... You can refer to post #38 and see it yourself.

Yeah, I edited that post, but apparently we crossed in cyberspace. I clicked on alerts and it showed a response to the thread and it looked like you had responded to my post, not to mention the wording was similar to my post. So, therefore my response. I do apologize for that error.

Still, not sure why you are being so rude. But hey, I am not on here to change the world nor to be your therapist, so...

No it isn’t ... It’s a small bird, relative to a woodcock, and has its own defined hunting season in several states.

Hahaha

DeletedUser36572

They are elusive, I've heard.

They are ... And I only added the clarification because they are considered a Federally Protected Waterfowl.

Hunting them (regardless how successful) without the required license and Federal Stamp, can not only cost you a fine, but it is a felony, and law enforcement can seize your vehicle and everything on your person.

Legal Department

Freshmeboy

I just contributed 216 fps for a third place slot in a high level CDM..first and second were claimed and the owner had self leveled to allow me a 10 fp profit for my generous and timely contribution to her future growth. Ahhh..not so. That was considered a 'snipe' because I didn't provide the full 1.9 donation that everyone seems to think is the minimum they deserve for owning a damned GB in the first place. Sorry Lady...unfriend me I could care less..as a friend you are there to aid me daily and provide goods and possible prints/profit for my growth. I'm more interested in your aid than your GBs...Get off the high horse and click the aid button after you say thanks for the free fp's..

Vger

I agree. I have one such sniper been leveling my Arc in one of my cities for the last 35 levels.
I'm totally confused by that statement.
Why would a sniper level your Arc? The point of sniping is to lock in a slot for a profit at the lowest possible cost. Actually leveling it would cost more, and not even be profitable except in some weird edge cases.
And...this went on for 35 levels and you couldn't come up with a way to minimize the risk of that happening? No strategy is 100% foolproof, but the only strategy that would fail for 35 levels would be to have no strategy at all.

Jern2017

I don't think that is how it works. The first person to lock the spot from new contributors will win the spot. If anyone "ties" by contributing to the GB, the win goes to the first person on the spot. In your example, the person who has 5 in the 5th position will win the spot even if the person whom they passed contributes enough to "tie" them.

You are welcome to test my theory, if you choose to do so, LOL.

I'm confused and it's not your fault.

If the person whom they passed contributes enough to tie with them and at the same time flips the GB and that person was first on that spot, they would get 5th?

I'll use a simple example just for conversation's sake:

The owner of the GB contributes 80/100 FP.

Player A donates 1 FP, so it's at 81/100.

Player B donates 9 FP afterwards, so it's at 90/100.

The owner then donates 2 FP, so it's at 92/100.

Player A, whose prior donation was 1 FP donates 8 FP more and flips the GB.

Both player A and B donated the same amount of FPs (9), but doesn't player A get the first spot?

Jern2017

No. You bid 5, I bid 10, you bid 5 more, I win.

Ties go to the first person to bid the tied amount.

Interesting. I wasn't trying to argue, I was genuinely curious and now I'm surprised.

I've been playing this game for almost three years and actively sniping for about a year. I was 100% sure in what I said, I guess I've never been in this particular scenario. It's always good to learn something new, but I'll try this as soon as I can because I'll have to lose some FPs to really be convinced, haha. Thanks for the info.