• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chateau Frontenac for younger cities worth it?

Dominator - X

There must be a bug with mine, then. When I had no military buildings, I did receive some random troops from my age.
You know, the troops I got when I had no military buildings may have come from my Dojos, now that I think about it. I guess I never counted and figured they came from my Traz.

DeletedUser37581

Speaking of lazy thinking - you really cannot abort all side quests. You know that, right? It doesn’t allow you to. that option doesn’t exist for all side quests and you end up having to do a large portion of them. Can someone who actually remembers what it’s like to be a younger city try answering for once?
Pardon me for having years of experience. My trial city is only a couple of weeks old.

Well, no. CF gives bonuses to all applicable Rewards, including Story, Side, and Bonus Quests.

If you choose not to farm RQs, CF can still be of value especially if you are a freeroller, there are a useful number f Quests that pay Diamonds that get boosted by CF. This will help with Diamond Expansions.

If I were starting a new city and was not going to farm RQs, I would not not build a CF until I had assures that I could do DCs, 64 GE, and go deep in GBG.

Which is exactly the approach I took in my most recent city.

My bona fides? I started five years ago. I started a new city three years ago, again last year. Both of those were documented in Glarg's Guide on starting a new city. And, yeah, I am an expert on how to start new cities.

----------

Completely unsolicited advice, do with it what you will. Being in EMA and only producing 20 additional FP per day is a sign that you may be moving through the tech tree too fast,

You might consider slowing down your tech climb a bit. This game requires players to either take a fair amount of time in each Era building up capability or reach a point where the city is woefully unprepared for facing the ever increasing difficulty of GE, GBG, DCs, Quests, Events, Tech and CMap progress.

----------

More unsolicited advice. You need to stop this:

You don't know how to say you are wrong. Worse, you can't seem to recognize the fact that when multiple long term players tell you something fundamental about the game that disagree with what you think you; are the one who is almost certainly wrong.

I first noticed this about you in the thread in bugs where you were completely wrong, a n00b arguing with folk who are expert (the first respondent wrote the best Guide on this forum), and carried it over into the silly argument about flipping GBs.

You need to be a lot more graceful. This game is a social game, if you treat Guildies the way you treat folk on this forum you'll have a tough time staying in any Guild worth being in.

Your first post in this thread was almost entirely a statement indicting lng term players for not understanding starting a new city, then you asked for help.

Just who do you think can answer this sort of questions? The folk who have played for years? Or other new players?

More grace, less shitty attitude.

Well actually I appreciate your advice and what you’ve written as you actually took the time to READ the actual question and respond to it and give actual substantial responses rather than the same old cliches. So I can admit when I’m not aware of something, and I did come here to ask and get responses from people who read the actual question, like you. Thank you. As far as I see, you can’t abort all side quests, as I’m currently stuck with two of them that’s have been sitting there until I age up another age. One of which is to build a particular building that is for an age I’m not in yet, and it’s not giving me the option to abort it. And another requires me to win three sector by fighting against units in that sector that are two ages above mine, as I’ve acquired all of the sectors on the map possible for previous story and side quests (and that St. Patrick’s Day Event). And it also won’t let me abort

But I didn’t know that CF gave bonuses to all quests, as people kept saying side quests only. And not all quests. So I certainly don’t want to waste precious resources having a huge building on my tiny city that I can’t utilize for several months. But if it actually does give rewards for all quests, that’s great. However, I would love to know for sure

Algona

The Lady Redneck

I have been playing since 2013/14 Because I like to help newbies in the game, I do from time to time start a new city. Purely because the game is constantly changing now and I want to keep up with the changes in the game and how they affect it at lower level. The advice I give newbies will probably differ from that someone else will give them as we all have our own take on what is the best way to go. But no I have not forgotten what it was like to be new in the game. I still advise newbies to start by getting the basic start up GBs but not to build the Col. But Because I do have some experience and want to pass that on. I do tell newbies that once they have that basic set up that CF is one of the ones to go for. Purely because of the RQs in IA. The amounts needed to complete the collect coin (6000) supplies (6000) Spend FPs (15) Unbirthday (2000 each coin. supplies) I think IA is an important age for a new player to spend time in to learn the basic game play, GE, GBG, GVG, trading, and how to communicate in the game and in a guild. how to build and maintain a proper inventory which will help them when they do move up. It does not take long for basic supplies and coin to build to the point where they can do the recurring quests multiple times. Have seen to many go with the " Get past the early ages first they are a waste of time" advice then crash and get fed up because they hit a brick wall. So a CF is an excellent tool to help a young city to grow, And well worth recommending.

There must be a bug with mine, then. When I had no military buildings, I did receive some random troops from my age. On 2nd thought, my troops came from my Dojos, so the bug must have been sick those days.

Really? Because I have an Alcatraz in one of my cities and it only gives me the (extra) military units of military buildings that my city already generates. Not random military units I don’t already generate from my existing military buildings. How awesome that you have that ability

Algona

you actually took the time to READ the actual question

Yeah.

Forums are a two way communication system.

If you post a question and get a bunch of non-responsive answers then maybe you are just being trolled, but the odds are good that you did not clearly state the question.

Take your first post here. That could have been a concise question instead of being buried in the middle of insulting the ability of the very people you are asking to answer your question.

DeletedUser37581

Yeah.

Forums are a two way communication system.

If you post a question and get a bunch of non-responsive answers then maybe you are just being trolled, but the odds are good that you did not clearly state the question.

Take your first post here. That could have been a concise question instead of being buried in the middle of insulting the ability of the very people you are asking to answer your question.
I think if the OP hadn't been so focused on bashing people with experience, more might have been gained from reading the responses.

I think if the OP hadn't been so focused on bashing people with experience, more might have been gained from reading the responses.

I’m so sorry I didn’t show proper respect to advanced players who always give the same 5 cliche pieces of advice and who sit on forums like this all day pretending to know everything. Lemme guess “Get an Arc, build it up to level 80. Get a Traz.” is your gem of advice to young cities just starting out who are constantly running out of resources lol

Gee I wonder why people get real tired of advanced players and their magical advice real quick?

I have been playing since 2013/14 Because I like to help newbies in the game, I do from time to time start a new city. Purely because the game is constantly changing now and I want to keep up with the changes in the game and how they affect it at lower level. The advice I give newbies will probably differ from that someone else will give them as we all have our own take on what is the best way to go. But no I have not forgotten what it was like to be new in the game. I still advise newbies to start by getting the basic start up GBs but not to build the Col. But Because I do have some experience and want to pass that on. I do tell newbies that once they have that basic set up that CF is one of the ones to go for. Purely because of the RQs in IA. The amounts needed to complete the collect coin (6000) supplies (6000) Spend FPs (15) Unbirthday (2000 each coin. supplies) I think IA is an important age for a new player to spend time in to learn the basic game play, GE, GBG, GVG, trading, and how to communicate in the game and in a guild. how to build and maintain a proper inventory which will help them when they do move up. It does not take long for basic supplies and coin to build to the point where they can do the recurring quests multiple times. Have seen to many go with the " Get past the early ages first they are a waste of time" advice then crash and get fed up because they hit a brick wall. So a CF is an excellent tool to help a young city to grow, And well worth recommending.

THANK YOU! I appreciate your well thought out and reasonable response. This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, so you DO think that a CF is helpful for young cities, as someone who is starting up young cities? Excellent.

I have a follow up question - are there other GBs you recommend getting first? And thank you again

Dominator - X

Really? Because I have an Alcatraz in one of my cities and it only gives me the (extra) military units of military buildings that my city already generates. Not random military units I don’t already generate from my existing military buildings. How awesome that you have that ability
I clearly fixed this post before you responded, so there is that.

The Lady Redneck

Maybe if people had actually read the question instead of just throwing their virtual credentials around...

I did read your question. What came across to me is that it sounds to me like you are trying to do to much to soon. This game REQUIRES you to learn patience if you do not do that in the beginning the sheer weight of the game will end up stressing you out before you get started.

I would not recommend the CF and a first GB, Zeus, ToB, LoA, ToR, CoA , OB and CdM should still come first. You will probably not keep them all as forever GBs. So do not put to many fps into levelling any but the fighting ones(they are keepers) As is ToR. ToB for instance is good for initial population boost but there are far better GBs and event buildings to help with that as you grow, BUT CF is a forever GB, As it Traz and Arc. Aslo strict order of building is not a do or die thing. whichever one oth those you get the BPs first for, build it.

CF boosts random rewards from quests, Coin, supplies goods, diamonds and medals I think, but does not boost the number of troops.
Traz will give you random troops for your age whether you have the troop building built or not. but once you learn which troops in your age suits your fighting technique best, build one of those and Traz will spit out more of those.

Now what I have said is not written in stone. Others here will give you different advice. And from their way of doing things might say this is all rubbish. But from how their game has gone they see things differently, They are not wrong. It is up to the individual to look at all the advice and take out of it what will suit them.

Graviton

Traz will give you random troops for your age whether you have the troop building built or not.

No, it does not! The rest of your posts are great advice but this is 100% wrong, as was already established earlier in this thread.

I’m so sorry I didn’t show proper respect to advanced players ...

You didn't give any respect to people who were trying to answer your question.

The Lady Redneck

Gee I wonder why people get real tired of advanced players and their magical advice real quick?

It is a 2 way street. The majority of the people you refer to come on to the forums before they have a clue about what the game is about. But already full of their own importance about how crap the game is, how badly designed it is. Because what they want is not handed to them on a plate. How their brilliance and insight is far superior, and how all you old guys have been around for so long you have forgotten what it is like to be a noob. So any advice you give is bound to be rubbish.

Once you hear all that for the umpteenth time for months on end, despite genuinely trying to help. It becomes easier to treat those people in exactly the same way

It is a 2 way street. The majority of the people you refer to come on to the forums before they have a clue about what the game is about. But already full of their own importance about how crap the game is, how badly designed it is. Because what they want is not handed to them on a plate. How their brilliance and insight is far superior, and how all you old guys have been around for so long you have forgotten what it is like to be a noob. So any advice you give is bound to be rubbish.

Once you hear all that for the umpteenth time for months on end, despite genuinely trying to help. It becomes easier to treat those people in exactly the same way

WELL I didn’t say any of that, I think it’s a very well designed game, and I definitely don’t think I’m brilliant. But I do think that many advanced players give the same couple of pieces of junk advice to younger cities players and that’s gets tiresome to hear over and over and over and over again, oh you think people should get an Arc and a Traz and level them up to 80? Thanks that’s great advice when someone in Iron Age who is running out of goods is asking the best GB to build up their goods and their guild is threatening to kick them out for not doing enough negotiations in GE while they run through what few goods they have. Then the same advanced player in their guild who is yelling at them for not keeping up with GE requirements tells them to get rid of all of their houses and goods buildings to make room for a Traz that their city won’t be able to support. Super advice. I’ve seen this over and over and over again on the various worlds I’m playing on, and it’s become a cliche. Thanks Brad, you worship level 80 Arc and Traz, how original

I think the game is awesome and beautiful. I think guilds and advanced players and their egos are the biggest issue in the game

Last edited: