• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just An Observer

Spent $99.95 on the special deal for a lot of Diamonds and Energy Drinks. Wound up with two Athenas, a Shrine of Knowledge, plenty of fragments, a bunch of Medals which let me get a needed expansion to place an Arc I had in hand, lots of FP's and troops, some goods plus toss in coins and supplies. Still have plenty of Diamonds left over. This purchase with the outcome I had struck me as a good deal since I got what I wanted and then some.

Playing the event: It is a cousin to the mechanic seen in the Japanese-themed event that was going on when I began playing FoE about 2 1/2 months ago. What I liked about this event is how a person could choose to focus on getting a shot for the stuff they most desire. The soccer game itself is akin to Autobattle. I went with the Easy setting to make it so I would win most of the time. There were only two losses. The payouts were not as good as in the Training area but since the Tickets were in hand, they got used to good effect.

Color me done with the event other than any free shots at making hay. Back to what I was doing before! FoE does try to give a person lots of stuff which can take your eye off of the ball so maintaining focus for a city's mission and purpose does take some effort in resisting temptation of doing everything there is! No one can say the world of FoE lacks variety, Every player can find something they like doing!

AwesomeAadi10

Is it just me or are the soccer event tickets scarce in a way. After u use them, you get one every 7 hours. To get the bar full again u would need to wait nearly a day.

qaccy

Is it just me or are the soccer event tickets scarce in a way. After u use them, you get one every 7 hours. To get the bar full again u would need to wait nearly a day.

Balanced out by the rewards being fairly good though. You won't be getting any coins, supplies, or worthless buildings when you use your tournament tickets!

Iroh the Tea Maker

I hope the altar kit shows up again. Pretty sure the quests were throttled to limit selection kits to 2 on the first day (without spending diamonds).

Now that being said, is the best use of diamonds in this event for the drinks?

-Sebastian-

I haven't dug into the wikis yet, but at first impression, this event is confusing, and there is an absence of in-game help. Do the player cards affect both halves of the event? What's the relation between the stars and the progress bars and getting more cards? Do I have to do anything with cards? What does it mean that the tickets and energy drinks are on different sides on the main map and on the event window?

The first half looks like the normal type of event game, but do the cards influence the players on the field? Does it say anywhere that doing the first pass will unlock the second half of the event? They call that a "tutorial", but I think whoever picked that word does not understand what it means in the English language.

For the second half, what the difference between the types of battles? Why would I pick one instead of another? Can I lose players/units if I lose, like in battle minigames? Is there a limit on tickets? It doesn't say whether I get more over time. When I mouse-over the rankings of players, it says the *I* will get the prizes - is that a mistake?

And there's more. I don't doubt that it'll eventually make more sense, but the user interface here is awful. Inno, please look up the term "discoverability".

planetofthehumans2

Much like with the Winter Event, I'll be collecting enough track pieces to make a 63-tile-long Hippodrome (max length possible assuming you want to be able to build on both sides of it). I'll be posting a screenshot once I've got it all set up. :D

Talk about making the Winter Train look like a waste of space though...power creep strikes again! Kinda scary to think about what the next building that 'replaces' the Hippodrome is going to produce, considering how great the Hippodrome already is with its 0.5 FP efficiency on top of its other bonuses. Guess it's a downgrade to anyone looking for attack bonus though!

@DreadfulCadillac Those are the rewards given when you select that player in the training mode. Think of it like having a window where you can see the rewards every player can give at a glance, since when you're on the field you can only see a few at a time (the ones available to select).
Please also tell us how much it cost. ;)

Just An Observer

I hope the altar kit shows up again. Pretty sure the quests were throttled to limit selection kits to 2 on the first day (without spending diamonds).

Now that being said, is the best use of diamonds in this event for the drinks?

That is what I spent most of my Diamonds on. The game part which uses Energy Drinks can deliver a ton of stuff if you pour the coal into the event.

The Lady Redneck

Well it does not seem to me to be overly complicated. But I am more or less sitting this Event out as I am not a fan of sets and do not want sport themed buildings in my city anyway. I complete a quest if it fits in with my daily game play. kick the ball up the field for whatever goodies I get and use up the tickets for the tournament and be happy with whatever I get from clicking in the easy option.

However I really do encourage everyone else to do as well as they can, and spend as much cash to get diamonds as they can, to get every last part of it and also buy diamonds to get the expansions needed to get the whole thing built. Because it can be plundered and the payout is even better than the train..

CDmark

I haven't dug into the wikis yet, but at first impression, this event is confusing, and there is an absence of in-game help. Do the player cards affect both halves of the event? What's the relation between the stars and the progress bars and getting more cards? Do I have to do anything with cards? What does it mean that the tickets and energy drinks are on different sides on the main map and on the event window?
Yes they do but in different ways. In Training, the higher the level, the higher the chance to get double rewards. The amount is very small, 0.2% per level, so, a level 5 player has a 1% chance to double the reward you get in Training. Don't forget, this is the reward, you are still subject to the % chances of all the reward options. In the tournament, a higher level player will increase your % chance to win. So, you need to play the rock, paper, scissor part but within that, you will see that a L5 defender versus a L1 defender, will boost your % chance to win, could be a few %. Now, when you first start, you will not be matched up against the top players. I have seen you get the easy opponent, about 50% less points than you, the medium opponent about the same points as you and the hard opponent is about double the points. Now, this scenario can not be perfect but I think most players will see this. I haven't had a chance to track the results of wins, I have been questing. But I will...lol

CDmark

Does it say anywhere that doing the first pass will unlock the second half of the event? They call that a "tutorial", but I think whoever picked that word does not understand what it means in the English language.
No, it has arrows pointing, it could have been done better. Now, when you play Training the first time, I think the result will always be the same. You get the Blonde guy, 3 cards of him too, whether you choose the one with the lowest or highest energy drinks. I have noticed, that when I played the tournament the first time, I followed the arrows. I won every time, medals too, different players and friends reported the same. So, that is the tutorial from what I have observed.

Lady Gato

Somewhere I read (don't know where as I have been reading everything to try to figure out this event - noob here) that once your ticket counter hits 3, the auto ticket refill every 7 hours stops. Can someone verify that tidbit?

CDmark

Somewhere I read (don't know where as I have been reading everything to try to figure out this event - noob here) that once your ticket counter hits 3, the auto ticket refill every 7 hours stops. Can someone verify that tidbit?
When you are less than 3 tickets, a timer starts. I would say it is just like the timer for you FP bar. Does the timer reset when you get 3 again, like from a quest? That I do not know. Someone did say every 7 hours, it is every 8 hours.

RazorbackPirate

⚽⚽ Absolutely Everthing is Fine & Well with this event EXCEPT One Monumental Failure...

How on EARTH would Inno Developers choose to Structure the Tournament Pool as a World Server Tournament... LIKE How was this decided on and not obvious during the BETA Run...???

Essentially this " Tournament " is like matching Little League Amateurs VS. All Star Professionals ... Oh... My rank is ~3,000/20,000 … So it's NO SURPRISE I'd finish the Tournament Ranked ~3,000 and far from the " Top 10 Prizes " ...

This is NOT a Tournament

In Previous Valentine's Events the competition pool was fairly structured around NEIGHBORHOODS !!!

Then , a REAL Tournament Round of Neighborhood Champions could then be squeezed into The Final days of This Otherwise PERFECT Event.

Maybe it's not too late to patch this or at least Implement this Very Cool Card Tournament Mechanic into future events with a Proper Neighborhood Competition Pool.

I'm Really pleased with Everything in This Very Fun Event Except the Exclusive Server World Structure Competition Pool...
This makes no sense. Within the tournament, everything is the same for everyone with the exception of the randomness of the player cards. SAAB players have no advantage over IA players.

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

CDmark

⚽⚽ Absolutely Everthing is Fine & Well with this event EXCEPT One Monumental Failure...

How on EARTH would Inno Developers choose to Structure the Tournament Pool as a World Server Tournament... LIKE How was this decided on and not obvious during the BETA Run...???

Essentially this " Tournament " is like matching Little League Amateurs VS. All Star Professionals ... Oh... My rank is ~3,000/20,000 … So it's NO SURPRISE I'd finish the Tournament Ranked ~3,000 and far from the " Top 10 Prizes " ...

This is NOT a Tournament

In Previous Valentine's Events the competition pool was fairly structured around NEIGHBORHOODS !!!

Then , a REAL Tournament Round of Neighborhood Champions could then be squeezed into The Final days of This Otherwise PERFECT Event.

Maybe it's not too late to patch this or at least Implement this Very Cool Card Tournament Mechanic into future events with a Proper Neighborhood Competition Pool.

I'm Really pleased with Everything in This Very Fun Event Except the Exclusive Server World Structure Competition Pool...
Actually, I respectfully disagree. They ran it in beta, they adjusted the point structure, reason to do beta.
When you say "little league", from what I have seen, you are matched up with easy (Tee-ball), medium (little league), hard (pony league...the name for the next level when I was a kid).
Top 10 prizes, well, here is the real deal. There are people that spend money and they will be there, at the top. These same people, their money, provides the company funds to pay employees (the ones designing it). Let's talk real sports, NY Yankees Salary versus KC Royals, is it fair? No but KC does manage to do it in a small market.
My point, if you are not spending, then don't complain about the ones that do. I think it is more of a challenge not to spend and achieve goals versus buying your way to the top, that is easy, just takes a credit card. And this top 10, was never there before, so they want to reward the ones that pay. So what, I don't think it is wrong. They are not taking form others, just rewarding.
Pooling around neighborhoods was not fair. I was able to exploit it to no end. In fact, you can tell when someone spending was not good, have them build the bank, then you take it...not fair. I did it bcs it was part of the game.
Cards, well, much to be discussed here. The more cards, the better the players level, it is like experience at a sport. Ones that buy them will have an advantage, that is part of the game.

planetofthehumans2

I keep getting put in tournaments with players who have 0 points, even the medium difficulty. The difficult player has less points than I do.

CDmark

I keep getting put in tournaments with players who have 0 points, even the medium difficulty. The difficult player has less points than I do.
I would imagine (this is a guess and not fact) bcs it is day 1, a certain volatile nature is to be expected. In your case, very calm, will not be the same for others. In order for it to average out, it needs people playing. Like in manufacturing, every hear of start-up issues? It is not at steady state, give it time. I say this and the above bcs give it some time, let it start rolling. Now, Altar Garden, day 1 in the training daily special, I was not particularly happy about it, was too busy questing.

Nicholas002

What I like about this event is that it encourages you to play every day.

In other events it is normally better to save all event currency, and use it all on one day, to get the best dialy special.

In this event though, there are lots of good rewards, and it is in your best interest to keep spending energy drinks, to strengthen your team, and to spend tickets, so they keep regenerating. This keeps the event a lot more interesting, IMO, than questing the first 2 days, then using the currency on another day. that makes for a 3 day event lol

DeletedUser9195

Soccer Event - I Hate It!
Why on earth did you change this event and make it more complicated?!?! Ruined it. I don't understand how to play it now with the new changes, I do not have the time to figure it out, consequently, I am not going to bother wasting even more time on this game trying to figure it out, I simply won't play it. Is this your goal? To have people drop out d/t disappointment and frustration??

DeletedUser9195

Remember when FoE was a place to relax and have fun?
Now we gotta hire an accountant to do our events for us.
Well said. Consequently, I will not play this event. They continue with nonsense like this and I will stop playing their game. I have been with them from the beginning and have watched this game sadly spiral into the dust. Used to be quite enjoyable. Now only drudgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.