• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

RazorbackPirate

Yes, I'm hoping someone from Inno will read and at least evaluate the situation before more guilds start bailing on using this "new" feature. My hope is for changes to GBG that will provide even playing field for all the guilds grouped on a map for a given season. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not looking for easier competition. I'm looking for Inno to provide even competition. As the title says "When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?".
The only real metric Inno cares about with GBG is diamonds spent on GBG. Based on what I've seen with the top farming guilds, diamond spending in GBG is exceeding expectations. Inno doesn't care about your feels, just your money. When too many folks have gotten so butt hurt over GBG they stop playing and spending diamonds on it, Inno might consider some changes. Until then, you might as well get used to it.

Tony 85 the Generous

The only real metric Inno cares about with GBG is diamonds spent on GBG. Based on what I've seen with the top farming guilds, diamond spending in GBG is exceeding expectations. Inno doesn't care about your feels, just your money. When too many folks have gotten so butt hurt over GBG they stop playing and spending diamonds on it, Inno might consider some changes. Until then, you might as well get used to it.
If that is the metric, then I will make sure to be on the negative side. I have always said "if you want to get someone to to do someone, hit them where it counts the most...the wallet".

Tony 85 the Generous

There is no bullying. Bullying is a sometimes-serious real-world problem that can have real-world consequences. You're playing a war game. You're good enough to be rated highly and therefore you occasionally get roughed up by guilds that are even better at GBG than your guild. That's all. It's not permanent, and it certainly isn't physically nor emotionally scarring. So find a new word 'cause "bully" doesn't qualify.
Bully, bullied, and bullying exactly apply. Please make sure you are aware of the definition of bully and bullied.
Dictionary:
bully
- a blustering, mean, or predatory person who, from a perceived position of relative power or strength, intimidates, abuses, harasses, or coerces people, especially those considered unlikely to defend themselves

bullied
-to act the bully toward; habitually intimidate, abuse, or harass; or to coerce or compel by bullying
Two fittings examples
Locking guilds into their base is only one form of bullying. There is also the extortion tactic of "we have decided on the finishing order. You get X. If you try for a position higher, we will flatten you" if you are 'lucky enough' to be included in the alliance.
Both situations are "from a perceived position of relative power or strength, intimidates, abuses, harasses, or coerces people, especially those considered unlikely to defend themselves". Examples don't get much more classic than these.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

You are contradicting yourself. You say you are locked by those that are softlocking you all the time and yet you claim that they can't get as many rewards as they want because by locking you in they somehow can't flip the sector. You've claimed that you don't message but how exactly are you getting statements that say you have to stay in 'x' place if you want to play? and how exactly do they know you aren't willing to take 4th before you actually manage to break out? Methinks your reputation proceeds you.

If YOUR guild has a consistent problem with being 'bullied' best look in the mirror for you and yours are doing. You are either being a baby or you are bringing on yourself. There's truly few people out there that will inconvenience themselves just to annoy you. I'm guessing it's both in this case.

If I cared enough, I no doubt could post a quote of a word definition of what it is when you think your the aggrieved party all the time because everyone is out to get you or picking on you.

At this point, we've gone round and round like a carousel. If you come up with a new line I might respond but I doubt it. Best of luck to you "Don" and may you defeat those windmills one day.

Tony 85 the Generous

You are contradicting yourself. You say you are locked by those that are softlocking you all the time and yet you claim that they can't get as many rewards as they want because by locking you in they somehow can't flip the sector.

You've claimed that you don't message but how exactly are you getting statements that say you have to stay in 'x' place if you want to play? and how exactly do they know you aren't willing to take 4th before you actually manage to break out?
Not a contridiction. I'm sorry, but you have misread and combine two situations into one.
Locking guilds into their base is one form of bullying. There is also the extortion tactic of "we have decided on the finishing order. You get X. If you try for a position higher, we will flatten you" if you are 'lucky enough' to be included in the alliance.
Thus
Situation 1: Locking guilds into their base

Situation 2: There is the extortion tactic of "we have decided on the finishing order. You get X. If you try for a position higher, we will flatten you" if you are 'lucky enough' to be included in the alliance.

If YOUR guild has a consistent problem with being 'bullied' best look in the mirror for you and yours are doing.
We have had problems being bullied and I have watched it happen to others. See above.

I will copitulate that in situation 1, if it was one-on-one it would be an 'all is fair in love and war' situation. But as it requires a coordinated effort of two (or more) guilds to make the softlocks work to hold a guild in their base the situation has changed to fit the text book definition. With that said, the ability for one guild alone to hold another in their base for the season exemplifies the fact that these two guilds should not be pitted against each other in the first place. Once again we have worked around in a circle and arrived back to OP and shown in another way there are very unevenly matched guilds grouped together for a season of GBG. Thank you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Enough with the "bullying" accusations . Bullying is a real thing and you trivializing it really sucks. You can get stronger like everyone else , your name and RL credentials are masked , you can join a stronger guild and you can build your defense up like all players here. Where in the real world does this fall under being bullied ? How about you just play the game and stop whining or don't play the game and stop whining ?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Bully, bullied, and bullying exactly apply. Please make sure you are aware of the definition of bully and bullied.
Maybe you should re-evaluate the definition of bully that YOU posted:
Dictionary:
bully
- a blustering, mean, or predatory person who, from a perceived position of relative power or strength, intimidates, abuses, harasses, or coerces people, especially those considered unlikely to defend themselves
This definition that you provided shows that you are NOT being bullied, because by participating in the top league of a competition event you are ABSOLUTELY considered ABLE to defend yourself.

And you aren't even using the term bully to apply to DEFENDING yourself, you are using the term to say that you can't ATTACK when and where you like. If I were to accept your interpretation of the definition the way you are twisting it, I could legitimately argue that any battle of any sort would be bullying, and in that case Inno should take all fighting out of the game, and can you imagine what that means for other games like CoD or the like?

BMW79

I wish GBG was set up like GE where it was guilds from different worlds competing against each other instead of guilds from the same world. Not being able to communicate with anyone on the map would bring out the battleground aspect instead of farming.

Tony 85 the Generous

Maybe you should re-evaluate the definition of bully that YOU posted:
Ok. Re-evaluated. From another dictionary:
Bully
noun
-a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable

This situation only exists because of the unbalanced match ups on a map in a season. Providing more equally matched guilds in a season and the rest of the problems go away.

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

I wish GBG was set up like GE where it was guilds from different worlds competing against each other instead of guilds from the same world. Not being able to communicate with anyone on the map would bring out the battleground aspect instead of farming.
Thank you.

MarktheMagnificent

Ok. Re-evaluated. From another dictionary:
Bully
noun
-a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable

This situation only exists because of the unbalanced match ups on a map in a season. Providing more equally matched guilds in a season and the rest of the problems go away.

On behalf of all real victims of bullying, just stop this attention-seeking nonsense. You are not being bullied, you simply can't cope with losing.

jsc29

I generally agree with the OP. It is dumb to putting wildly mismatched guilds together in the same GBG. I know they are doing that deliberately because on our server the two best guilds are Seditious Bastards and my guild, Twisted Angels, and we are almost never in the same GBG together. Also, we always have one or two guilds in our GBG that is incredibly weak and does almost nothing. Why are they putting guilds like that into GBG with us? That makes no sense.

Tony 85 the Generous

you simply can't cope with losing.
As I have said repeatedly, but since you just posted doubt you have read much of this thread, I don't care about losing. I care about not being able to compete. I care about not being able to compete because we have no choice to be on the field with vastly stronger guilds. If I decided to player soccer against Manchester United, where I know I could not compete, then obviously I know what I'm getting into and know I have no chance to win. We have no choice in GBG. Inno pits guilds of vastly different strengths are grouped together on one map of GBG. Why? because leagues are based on luck and success, not strength and the ability "to put on a good show".

Mr. Pottah

Really... it boils down to this. If Blacklisted, just takes a week off, then they end up just beating the bejesus out of almost every Guild they face. They do that anyway. Guilds that only comprise one-fifth of Blacklisted's "power" should not be facing them in GBG. But, Inno has an archaic, outmoded RNG they use for Matchmaking, so just deal with it. That is what it boils down to. Just enjoy their game "experience", or move along. They have ZERO time for input, really.

RazorbackPirate

If I decided to player soccer against Manchester United, where I know I could not compete, then obviously I know what I'm getting into and know I have no chance to win. We have no choice in GBG. Inno pits guilds of vastly different strengths are grouped together on one map of GBG.
Exactly. You have no choice. The leagues are set the way the leagues are set, so just like with facing Manchester Untied, you know what you're getting into. As long as you keep winning, you'll keep facing tougher and tougher opponents, until you reach a level where you're up against a Manchester United. That loss will then kick you down to a level with competitors you can win against, which will then start your progression upwards once again.

You know exactly how it works, you know exactly what you're getting into by signing on. Time to accept GBG the way it is and move on.

Tony 85 the Generous

Exactly. You have no choice. The leagues are set the way the leagues are set, so just like with facing Manchester Untied, you know what you're getting into. As long as you keep winning, you'll keep facing tougher and tougher opponents, until you reach a level where you're up against a Manchester United. That loss will then kick you down to a level with competitors you can win against, which will then start your progression upwards once again.

You know exactly how it works, you know exactly what you're getting into by signing on. Time to accept GBG the way it is and move on.
You also have a choice to not respond and to accept things as they are. Obviously not the former, but you have the latter. I will not accept things that are blatently unfair. I will not accept things that can be changed an improved. Inno has this forum for a reason, either to pacify and ignore us, or to monitor and accept feedback. The optimist inside hopes the second. Otherwise a portion of the dollars spent buying diamonds are being wasted on running a forum rather than improving or adding to the game.