• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2021 Feedback

Ruanne

You can post your thoughts about the Soccer Cup 2021 here.

Learn more about the event in this topic.

Thank you
All defending Army buildings are worthless no matter what level of protection they give you. As it doesn't matter how strong your city defenses are you can always get defeated and plundered. The only real City defense is collecting everything on time :) The new event building will be going straight to the auction house.

Last edited:

SnowyNinja

me either but right now I have it more for the other things yes I agree that defensive team boosts are useless but I am still building it for the other things

-Chen-

At this point for me, no attack boost means no build, agree that the only truly effective defense is to collect on time and have an active friends list and guild so the vast majority of your important buildings get motivated anyway, so anything with no attack boost isn't worth the space it takes up.

Winners Plaza is the main focus for me, saving all my energy drinks for when that comes up :)

Stay Rita

All defending Army buildings are worthless no matter what level of protection they give you. As it doesn't matter how strong your city defenses are you can always get defeated and plundered. The only real City defense is collecting everything on time :) The new event building will be going straight to the auction house.

probably not much only reasonI got preety far is because I have no main world

Stay Rita

Even with the balancing, I can't see the Athlon building being worth it. +DEF is not something useful to me.

Only going to build it on. y most recent worlds for the FP and supply boost and keep it in my inventory on my more established worlds!

Sheriff Of Rottingham

At this point for me, no attack boost means no build, agree that the only truly effective defense is to collect on time and have an active friends list and guild so the vast majority of your important buildings get motivated anyway, so anything with no attack boost isn't worth the space it takes up.

Winners Plaza is the main focus for me, saving all my energy drinks for when that comes up :)

AA is the 4th highest per tile non-unique FP producer. Do you think Shinto Temple and Royal Bathhouse are not worth building?

Edit - Defense impossible huh? I have someone in my hood right now with +2200% defense boost. Can you beat that?

-Chen-

AA is the 4th highest per tile non-unique FP producer. Do you think Shinto Temple and Royal Bathhouse are not worth building?

Edit - Defense impossible huh? I have someone in my hood right now with +2200% defense boost. Can you beat that?
Lol....okay my snarky friend :) You have fun with that approach if ya like!!

Sheriff Of Rottingham

they beat themselves already having such a clown city
I don't disagree with you...Collecting on time instead of high defense is the better strategy IMO. But it is proof that there is such a thing as a successful defense. Anyone that says otherwise is ignoring reality. I'll re-ask my original question to the AA haters out there: AA is the 4th highest per tile non-unique FP producer. Do you think Shinto Temple and Royal Bathhouse are not worth building?

Agent327

People this is a feedback thread on the Soccer Event. Not on defense or plundering. Please stay on topic.

RazorbackPirate

More FPs than a World's Fair on a smaller footprint. Regardless of the defense boost, the FP/tile ration is damn good. You got another building hanging around giving you 11 FPs in a 5x4?

Jerry-Pat

i went against a team of 3 4 3 3 3 and my team was 6 6 6 6 6. Had all the colors of the team correct also. And I lost. How?

allupinya

I just ran into a quest for the Soccer Cup that requires me to gain 36K population - are you freaking kidding me? My city doesn't have wide open spaces, and most of it is comprised of event or premium buildings. I should not have to tear down buildings to complete event quests. I believe this is the second time already in this event that this quest has come up. If I tear down troop buildings, it takes an entire day or more - in addition to the costs - to replace those troops and buildings. Not sure who thought this was an awesome addition to the event questline, but they were wrong.

RazorbackPirate

I just ran into a quest for the Soccer Cup that requires me to gain 36K population - are you freaking kidding me? My city doesn't have wide open spaces, and most of it is comprised of event or premium buildings. I should not have to tear down buildings to complete event quests. I believe this is the second time already in this event that this quest has come up. If I tear down troop buildings, it takes an entire day or more - in addition to the costs - to replace those troops and buildings. Not sure who thought this was an awesome addition to the event questline, but they were wrong.
I typically build and delete production buildings. It is not uncommon for me to store a building or two during an event to both create space for these types of quests, but also to create space for a few extra Blacksmiths to complete the production quests.

Priorities. Events ought to force you to do things you wouldn't normally do. That's the point of the quests,

Ruanne

Build more attack building and fight in Battlegrounds. Constantly get 200-300 Fp's daily if you belong to a Great Guild. :)

67Sage101

I should not have to tear down buildings to complete event quests. I believe this is the second time already in this event that this quest has come up. If I tear down troop buildings, it takes an entire day or more - in addition to the costs - to replace those troops and buildings. Not sure who thought this was an awesome addition to the event questline, but they were wrong.

If INNO programmers played this game, they would understand our issues and concerns. But it's clear none of them do. So our concerns are completely lost on them and long time players are numb to these concerns as well.

Here's one. I got 5 carillons (decorations) for soccer training. I was like what the heck is a carillon and why is it a reward. Turns out carillon the random Industrial Age decoration that sells for 150 diamonds. Gives 236 happiness and for that INNO thinks it's a reward. Got news for non playing INNO types. I get these faces from GE every week for free, and they give 400 happiness. Just because you tagged carillons with a 150 diamond price tag does not mean they are worth anything in game. Pathetic reward.

67Sage101

i went against a team of 3 4 3 3 3 and my team was 6 6 6 6 6. Had all the colors of the team correct also. And I lost. How?
Unfortunately, you just need to look at the percentage to win....40/60 or 35/75 whatever and that is your shot. So your chances are more like a lopsided coin where is more likely to get heads or tails. But basically your chance of winning any game is just a biased coin toss.

Alfa Omega

In the game match, is totaly unbalanced, today i loose in line having MORE points and probability to win :65%, 71% 86% , come one, the last i pick from the easy with low reward to asure a wining, and with 86% i LOOSE ? if the game will be a PAY TO WIN game just say it