• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

PJS299

I never ended a day at 0 attrition when we swapped the map with other guild to farm rewards. So, attrition is still there even when one can get in many fights without gaining attrition.
Most of the center tiles had the availability of 5 SCs, so you could have 0 attrition.

DaiShan

My guild is not the best on my world. We have 15–20 people that play GvG every night, and many others that help put in defending armies. We don't require GvG, but these people give their time to help the guild, and all the people in the guild. There's just nothing comparable to GvG.
My guild has between 25-30 players that show up every night for GVG. all of us have confirmed we will quit this game when GVG goes away. We login in to Discord 10-15 minutes before reset and stay up for a few hours sometime chatting. This game brought us to gather and has kept us to gather.

Coach Zuck

Being in FE and fighting Jupiter in GvG... manual fighting can save you the loss of troops.
try that attacking people while they're on rather than signing in when you know they aren't watching just to ankle bite at sectors you have no hope of keeping. I stand by what I said of manual battles having no more legitimate uses other than the ones I stated. Being a GVG anklebiter isn't legitimate.

Discouraging farming is rotten! Those that dislike farming are the weak guilds that could not partake because they could not swap even a small portion of a map quickly. I agree the goods for the camps could be reduced but this will not help the weaker guilds, as they will still be greatly outmatched by the strong gbg guilds.
I'd say what PJS299 said, but he already said it so yeah that
Att was invented for a reason. Farming was a loophole, and although many people liked it, it wasn't the point of GBG.
this message

Johnny B. Goode

. But you'd probably prefer a guild that allows casual play rather than dictating players' every move anyway.
No, if I were to ever join a guild it would have to be active and not allow casual play. As I've said, my current play style is only suited to a solo guild, but if I were to be more active, it wouldn't be in a casual guild.

Coach Zuck

Discouraging farming is rotten! Those that dislike farming are the weak guilds that could not partake because they could not swap even a small portion of a map quickly. I agree the goods for the camps could be reduced but this will not help the weaker guilds, as they will still be greatly outmatched by the strong gbg guilds.
even the big guilds hate competition

ether way, farming was a natural optimization .. Without farming, the two dominant guilds still control the map and just "eat each other's tail", which is when you just take everything as it opens. Once ranks are established (who will get first) it just makes sense to optimize out all the diamond spending, and showing up every 15-60 minutes for new sectors. The only way competition makes sense is if there's no agreement on who deserves 1st or if there's more than two strong guilds. There's no strategy in 1v1s.

Douglas 221

try that attacking people while they're on rather than signing in when you know they aren't watching just to ankle bite at sectors you have no hope of keeping. I stand by what I said of manual battles having no more legitimate uses other than the ones I stated. Being a GVG anklebiter isn't legitimate.

It is possible to have an HQ move to use later to take a sector. But great assumption.

FluffyPhoenix

Yes Fluffy, everything that peeps did for years to build and strengthen their cities has now been reduced to rubble by the greed of those who sit at the "high table" at what we shall call Inno. As long as you give them the only thing they want which is your money you'll be fine. Strategy is not needed nor wanted but if you're happy pushing a button while you're in line for your latte then it will be okay. The comments from those who call themselves players but couldn't take a burger out of a drive thru are what has helped this abomination of a decision limp along to it's inevitable destination to Port Avarice.
...what?

TitaniumZeus

I think GvG was in serious need of a revamp rather than being eliminated all together. There are currently guilds have the top ranking based on GvG stats based on nothing more than using scripts on a daily basis to make sure no one can ever take their territory in the AA map for example. Also, if you play fair you have to click 3 times simply to fight on sectors that are controlled by other guilds. There are numerous other glitches in GvG, which makes it frustrating to fight. GvG would be fun to play if these issues were fixed.
Having said that, I see no reason for anyone to quit over an end to GvG, which is an aspect of the game that gives zero individual rewards like fp etc. such can be had in GbG.
GvG allows players to learn how to fight various DAs, it's a team effort (excluding the cheaters), requires strategy and although it may not provide individual rewards (other than boost your score) it could be used for quest lines or event tasks in between GE and GBG seasons. Also, most importantly you don't have an advantage with the use of diamonds!

Angry.Blanket

Concerning my post calling coiners cheaters here is a reply from a player on the GBG feedback thread that says what I meant.

I don't consider it cheating at all either, but I do consider spending money on it "not fun." If I had money to spend, there are things I would spend money on, but not on making my city powerful. I would spend money on things like having my own personally designed avatar, aesthetic things related to the city, convenience things to save me time. I remember one time I wanted an avatar that was part of a purchase and I might have done it, but to do it I would have had to buy a bunch of junk for my city, it was a package deal, nope, not doing it. Spending money on competing doesn't make sense to me, then all we are doing is competing about who has the most money. For me it's a matter of pride that no money was spent in creating my city. A financial cap would make sense to me as an equalizer, but I'm sure Inno wouldn't agree, lol. It's okay. You see I never set about this game trying to be #1. That's ephemeral anyway. I play the game because it's interesting to do and because I meet interesting people. Other people need to be #1. I don't. I do get excited when I do better than I thought, when I figure something out. If I ever end up #1 by doing my own thing, I'm sure I'll do a happy dance (though I'm sure it won't last long). But dumping a bunch of money into a game so I can say I'm number on, that's just not me.
Yeah because a tennis player buying a tennis racket is just stupid, they should make their own and play without one if they cant.

Angry.Blanket

Sorry but this is wrong. Im in a top GbG guild and hate farming GbG and sit out the seasons we get stuck with weak guilds that cant compete.
GvG was about competing, it wasnt well liked because it didnt offer rewards, GbG farming is about player greed,

Johnny B. Goode

GvG allows players to learn how to fight various DAs,
This might have been true once, but in my experience there is no longer much variation in DAs placed. Most that I've seen (yes, I've played a bit of GvG over the last couple of years) are Rogue-heavy and not very diverse. You get more actual fighting experience in PVP Arena or GE or attacking the hood, especially since all the GvGers commenting keep saying that you have to auto battle to be relevant. Can't "learn how to fight various DAs" on auto battle.

even the big guilds hate competition

ether way, farming was a natural optimization .. Without farming, the two dominant guilds still control the map and just "eat each other's tail", which is when you just take everything as it opens. Once ranks are established (who will get first) it just makes sense to optimize out all the diamond spending, and showing up every 15-60 minutes for new sectors. The only way competition makes sense is if there's no agreement on who deserves 1st or if there's more than two strong guilds. There's no strategy in 1v1s.
Easy fix, make GBG more balanced. If a guild who can hold themselves at 975 LP gets boxed in a 1000 LP season, they'll drop to platinum league and hammer all the guilds there so they won't get any fights

Even better, make it so you choose if you want to gain the league points or not. That would be great

Amitola1

I am getting the feeling that we are spending more time on GBG and not GvG shutdown w/o even knowing for sure what INNO has in mind with the Guild Raid concept. Does anyone even know if that feature is in Beta yet? I remember reading that GBG change could take until the end of the year once it hit Beta but it went live within a month. So will that also happen with Guild Raid? Only INNO knows for sure.

Coach Zuck

Easy fix, make GBG more balanced. If a guild who can hold themselves at 975 LP gets boxed in a 1000 LP season, they'll drop to platinum league and hammer all the guilds there so they won't get any fights

Even better, make it so you choose if you want to gain the league points or not. That would be great
I'm not complaining, I'm saying there is nothing to fix because farming is an inevitability once the stronger guild is on the map is established. Unless the two guilds literally can't cooperate at any degree. I'm in the 2nd place GBG guild on my server, only guild to never be demoted from diamond, never even been demoted from 1000 ever since our server first reached it. I'm just saying, because of the lack of skill and thought involved in GBG, it inevitably turns to what's viewed as farming. The alternative would be two guilds uselessly fighting for 1st and spending significantly more resources, still shutting off the map for all the other guilds on the map. Getting more than two of the top guilds on the server in to one match happens maybe once every 6+ months. New GBG may only change that due to guild consolidation but I doubt it.

anyways, I think I got this mixed up with the GBG thread and it's off topic so I'm going to end there.

Dominator - X

This is nothing new nor are you breaking news. Selling accounts have been going on for as long as I can remember. Sites have been set up and closed down.

In regards to INNO's response, what do you expect? They are bound by privacy laws that restrict them from following up with players, so their response is not out of line with those restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominator - X

My guild has between 25-30 players that show up every night for GVG. all of us have confirmed we will quit this game when GVG goes away. We login in to Discord 10-15 minutes before reset and stay up for a few hours sometime chatting. This game brought us to gather and has kept us to gather.
That's too bad. I mean, not that you claim to be quitting, but that you are lying.