• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Xenosaur

Ending GvG for this? forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html
A glorified GE?

let's put this in context: This is someone's private blog and it contains unauthorized (and non sanctioned) speculation on a future feature of this game. Now really - are you going to embrace that and say it's the gospel from which you're deciding to plan your game future on?

This conversation is also going on in the beta forum, and as is usually the case, people go non-linear without the facts.

Let the company building the Guild Raid product tell us about it, not some private blogger/website that has no credentials to do so - or credibility.

If you want to know what it is, and how it works - then spend some time on the beta forum spoiler's section and get a better look at what they're building, as they release parts of it.

This is the MOST official place, sanctioned by the company, to detail both resources and speculation on the final design.

Be Chuille

let's put this in context: This is someone's private blog and it contains unauthorized (and non sanctioned) speculation on a future feature of this game. Now really - are you going to embrace that and say it's the gospel from which you're deciding to plan your game future on?

This conversation is also going on in the beta forum, and as is usually the case, people go non-linear without the facts.

Let the company building the Guild Raid product tell us about it, not some private blogger/website that has no credentials to do so - or credibility.

If you want to know what it is, and how it works - then spend some time on the beta forum spoiler's section and get a better look at what their building, as they release parts of it.

This is the MOST official place, sanctioned by the company, to detail both resources and speculation on the final design.

Then they better tell us soon. Not spending one more penny unless Guild Raids is worth losing GvG.

Xenosaur

@BlueAjah - that's between you and Inno.
What you can do in the interim is to visit that link I gave you above, and follow it for details. The beta website may see and touch Guild Raids before you do here in live, but the barrier from knowledge is not a stone wall or even private, and knowledge easily moves back and forth wih 2 open forums (public).
So do some due diligence yourself if you can. We're all in this together. I don't play GvG because I was a mobile players in FoE from my start year.

But I understand what the company has to do, and how you feel - sometimes, it's all about the Benjamin's....

Last edited:

Be Chuille

@BlueAjah - that's between you and Inno.
What you can do in the interim is to visit that link I gave you above, and follow it for details. The beta website may see and touch Guild Raids before you do here in live, but the barrier from knowledge in not a stone wall or even private, and knowledge easily moves back and forth wih 2 open forums (public).
So do some due diligence yourself if you can. We're all in this together. I don't play GvG because I was a mobile players in FoE from my start year.

But I understand what the company has to do, and how you feel - sometimes, it's all about the Benjamin's....
Thanks, I am on Beta. They are not giving answers either.
Your link sounds just like a feature described in the other posting that has been forbidden to be linked, and was removed :)

Niikilou

I bet there'd have many more people playing GvG if inno could actually be bothered to take care of the losers cheating in a game where a large portion of the players are grandparents. Just a suggestion
That would be nice...but it never happens. The sane people who are motivated to cheat are the same ones who are motivated to spend outrageous amounts of money because they are afraid to be seen as failures for not coming in first. They will also bully and do whatever else it takes to win as well. Human behavior lines inno's pockets. Sadly it takes the fun out of alot of the game for many, but I personally just enjoy my guildmates and the friends I have made....and we just keep plugging away. We will just tackle this new Guild Raids challenge...but I will definitely miss GVG....it was my whole reason for playing for many years....

Johnny B. Goode

It isn't those features that provide the guarantee, it is the belief that somewhere there is a guild that would acquiesce to allowing a player who doesn't understand fighting and proudly displays their inability to comprehend the basics by wearing it like a badge of honor.
A) Quit putting words in my mouth. I'm not looking for a guild that would accommodate my way of playing.
B) I understand fighting very well, been doing it in this game (both auto and manual) for over 8 years, in every age from Bronze to SAM. Fighting manually fits my play style and my pace of play.

I never said that I was looking for anyone to "acquiesce to allowing" me to be in their guild. If at some point in the future I decide I want to play differently, I would have no problem fitting in to any guild I chose to join.
The real blessing here happens for every guild that has been graced with the presence of fighters who throw down every night. The ones that show up consistently and inspire others to do the same. The ones that have the ability to understand strategy, the necessity for speed under pressure, and never give up when the going gets tough. It has been my pleasure and honor to fight alongside the best fighters in EN and while Inno is taking away GVG and casual players who have no idea what they're talking about offer irrelevant comments,
Dude, I was a leader and main fighter in a guild doing GvG years ago, usually finishing up the fighting when everyone else had quit. Don't give me this "casual player" BS, I only choose to be a casual player now. Your mistake is assuming that's how I've always played.

Johnny B. Goode

I have family in different states that play FOE, I hate to be self centered and only play when I want to and not when they do, so I try to play when they are on.
Well, playing with family members is a whole different thing than adjusting RL to fit a game's schedule. I applaud you for that, and I'm a bit jealous that I don't have family members who play.

Coach Zuck

What a ridiculous statement. I can tell you've never bothered to learn anything about the fighting portion of the game except how to push the auto button. How sad for you. I can do any fighting feature of the game battling manually in any of my cities and be successful and enjoy it a whole lot more than you do. That I choose not to do most of them says more about the features themselves than it does about fighting manually.
the only place manual fighting has any use these days is on the campaign map fighting higher age troops than your own and maybe the PVP arena (idk I've never tried it, I don't need more crap to do in this game)

years ago, semi-auto in GVG used to be a viable strategy to get a 1/2 flyer+rogue army out in AA with-out taking (much) damage, or champ/tank + rogue in CE. Now those aren't needed because the damage isn't great enough.

Pure manual battles though? sure you can do that at the end of your ropes in GBG if you're a real FOE addict but then I think you've got some serious problems unless it's just once or twice a month to see how far you can push yourself or help your guild through some tough traps (where negotiating would be more economical anyways)

Coach Zuck

I'm really wishing they had a separate feedback thread for removing GVG versus this stupid guild raids thing.

Just get rid of GVG, no need for a replacement.

Or keep it idc anymore.

Douglas 221

Who said that GbG was a specific replacement for GvG that would be set up the same?
It was often brought up as a replacement despite Inno claiming it was not meant to do as such. I was around for the discussion prior to the actual release of GBG. Now if you want 'letter of the law' quoting you wont find it but that was always the intention of Inno to replace GvG. Same exact arguments are used now that were used then.

Douglas 221

the only place manual fighting has any use these days is on the campaign map fighting higher age troops than your own and maybe the PVP arena (idk I've never tried it, I don't need more crap to do in this game)

years ago, semi-auto in GVG used to be a viable strategy to get a 1/2 flyer+rogue army out in AA with-out taking (much) damage, or champ/tank + rogue in CE. Now those aren't needed because the damage isn't great enough.

Pure manual battles though? sure you can do that at the end of your ropes in GBG if you're a real FOE addict but then I think you've got some serious problems unless it's just once or twice a month to see how far you can push yourself or help your guild through some tough traps (where negotiating would be more economical anyways)
Being in FE and fighting Jupiter in GvG... manual fighting can save you the loss of troops.

Douglas 221

Please do not assume content on external sites is correct - it is not. Official announcements will always be given here, not anywhere else. I have removed all links posted to external sites (even if they are no longer working) - this is pure disinformation and not at all relevant to the announcement

Rest assured we will pass on all constructive feedback relevant to our announcement and the information we have provided
Thank you Mellofax but we know the data is out there already as several have posted videos proving as much. We may not know all of the mechanics or what changes might come eventually but this thread alone already indicates GvG is ending. The only questions now become will this new feature live up to some of the desires of the long time players who have played GvG.

Douglas 221

I don't want or need what GvG or GBG offer. I enjoy other parts of the game, and I can play them any time of day that is convenient. I can play a lot on some days, or I can not play at all if I so choose, as I did on my recent trip to San Diego with my wife. My cities were still here when I logged in again, and I didn't have to worry about whether I got kicked from some rinky dink guild. As far as the comment that I "shut myself off from anyone else playing the game", I have had much socialization in the past in the game, but it is not something I seek out or need at this time. Although if someone messages me, I respond to them to whatever degree that they want to socialize.
Johnny, that is absolutely awesome that YOU play the game the way YOU like. Now how about you let others enjoy the game how THEY like? I dont require you to show up for GvG or GBG. I dont ask you play the game at all. But the game I began to play had certain features which I have enjoyed for many years and enjoy how MY life is set up to play those features. Inno wants a new feature so more people can play it. It would seem Inno wants to entice the players who are currently playing the feature being discarded as well as peak interest in a NEW feature for many others to enjoy which is different than GBG. They accomplished that feat for some players with GBG in 2019. I have had several players in both worlds in several different guilds take vacations all the time and not log in to play. Then when they return they jump back in and enjoy a similar experience as I do with GvG. So I am confused why you feel you need to compare our two experiences with the game? I am not even sure why you are here to comment as a feature you dont play is ending and a new feature which seems to be a guild based feature, which you have indicated is not something you are into, is going to be offered. I would think you would prefer YOUR time to be spent on another part of the forum discussing implmentation of things which satisfy YOUR desired game play. So is there a reason you are here to compare your style of game play and amount of family time you prefer to enjoy along with info about your vacation time to the rest of us? I mean this respectfully... Why are you here to comment at all? If it is to let us all know you hate GBG, GvG and wasting time in the game... we got ya down for it. Thanks.

Amitola1

For a little perspective. I have played a few of these "free to pay" games. I once played a game that even though no player or guild could actually take all of your space they could knock you down to the point of losing all of your gains. INNO has created a game where not even that can be done. For that at least I am grateful. Every "free to pay" game has it's coiners, which I consider cheating, that will become the top dogs. It's the nature of the beast. Unless you have the money to buy INNO, which they need to make money or we have no game and all this complaining will be gone. I would suggest that you just roll with the punches, adapt or get out of the game.

Last edited:

Amitola1

One more thing. I am retired and play FoE daily. When I have reach a point where I have done all I can do in both of my cities giving me some down time all I have to do for some filler time is to touch base with the FoE forums and can have a very good day. In fact reading these threads is like watching a good comedy movie sometimes. Opin I mean complaints are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

jaymoney23456

It was often brought up as a replacement despite Inno claiming it was not meant to do as such. I was around for the discussion prior to the actual release of GBG. Now if you want 'letter of the law' quoting you wont find it but that was always the intention of Inno to replace GvG. Same exact arguments are used now that were used then.
Players giving their own opinion of what GbG was intended to be before it was released has nothing to do what it was actually intended to do. I get you want a replacement for GvG but turing GbG into another GvG would be terrible. GbG is nothing like GvG. Also, the problems associated with GvG (rampant script use chief among them) would need to be fixed or there is no point in coming up with something new that would function like GvG.

What a ridiculous statement. I can tell you've never bothered to learn anything about the fighting portion of the game except how to push the auto button. How sad for you. I can do any fighting feature of the game battling manually in any of my cities and be successful and enjoy it a whole lot more than you do. That I choose not to do most of them says more about the features themselves than it does about fighting manually.
You clearly have not had to race for a GBG sector or a GvG sectors before.

Johnny B. Goode

Why are you here to comment at all?
A) Because I have the right to have an opinion.
B) Because I have longer game experience and know the history of the game's evolution better than most on here.
C) To provide a different perspective. The thread title does not say "feedback from only current hardcore GvG players", now does it?
You clearly have not had to race for a GBG sector or a GvG sectors before.
Actually, I've done both. But thanks for playing.

Amitola1

I am seeing a lot of judging going on about other players experience with FoE that have no real foundation in reality. Opinions are great to have and share without the need to belittle others. If someone has an opinion and you have a different one then you should both share them. The purpose of this thread is to give feedback to INNO which can include opinions. My opinion of many of these posts is that it is NOT obvious to me that what is being suggested is anywhere near the truth unless you are hacking that persons account to spy on them. Shame on you.