• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Douglas 221

I would think it would be unfeasible to even try to impliment a system where people could fight with whatever age troops they liked in GbG. There isn't a different GbG map for each age like there is for GvG so this would not even work.

I believe you have discovered the entire reason why GBG does not do a very good job of replacing GVG. Thank you. I knew we could get the point across to Inno at some point. It would be at this point people get the light bulb to go on and see what was missing after they did roll out GBG and the new changes did not offer any replacement either. Do I need to go into ideas on how it could happen for GBG to offer the same map but on different age levels? Because obviously someone in say EMA can go to the same GBG map as the rest of us and fight with their age troops. So a different map thinking does not apply.
I think the bigger question... why has the new feature not offered us anything which would do just that and allow players to go head to head with various age troops?

Douglas 221

Even just reading the post, you know it's wrong. The impediments are on the guild raids outpost, not the main guild raids map.
I have to compliment you on your Youtube blog as it does far better with a discussion on the Raid topic than I have seen you type here. I will have to check in to your channel more often.

"The guild raids is an area where larger guilds have an advantage but only if those additional members are not freeloaders. Similar to GbG the costs will be dependent on the number of players in your guild and what age they are in. Guild with more members can do more encounters."
I see this as another way to force people who want to be active to join a larger guild to enjoy these new rewards. I like the idea of Goods, medals, coins all being used by the guild to participate in aspects as it requires players in guilds to grow their GBs and event buildings.
What I do NOT see to replace some of what people enjoy about GvG:
1. Ability to fight with lower age troops against other players with those same troops.
2. Lack of rewards popping up while you are fighting to distract
3. There is not a need to use diamonds in GvG unless you want to heal troops.
4. Strategy - the new feature seems to only have the strategy of choosing a blue or red path. Okay. That doesnt seem like much strategy. GBG has more strategy when trying to figure out how to swap with another guild to each retain a balance of sectors.
5. A set time for people to show up to participate where people then get to be social. Closest thing in GBG is Thursday morning when the BG starts.
6. Defensive opportunity. In GvG if a guild is taking one of your sectors you can slow them down by killing their siege. That does not happen in GE or GBG. I dont see a way of doing something similar in G Raid.
Inno has known the small percentage of players who do GvG are hardcore and have been able to introduce people to GvG and gain their enjoyment in doing it due to many of the things I have listed. It is possible Inno will have GR on a set timer on each server so guilds can encourage people to show up at a set time to fight allowing the social element. I do not however see a defensive strategy element or strategy beyond a path choice. I do not see a need for players to use their lower age troops to do anything against others with the same age troops. I expect a greater need to spend Diamonds to even compete in G raids. I expect rewards to pop up during fights like in GBG and GE. I expect this to be more of a time wasting component vs a competitive component. Will Inno suprise us?
In other words, yet more ways to screw over guilds who aren't top tier.. lovely

Johnny B. Goode

Fighting manually is like trying to level your gb by adding 1 fp a day. You will not get far in either case lol
What a ridiculous statement. I can tell you've never bothered to learn anything about the fighting portion of the game except how to push the auto button. How sad for you. I can do any fighting feature of the game battling manually in any of my cities and be successful and enjoy it a whole lot more than you do. That I choose not to do most of them says more about the features themselves than it does about fighting manually.

Johnny B. Goode

When should we throw you a retirement party? I am quite sure when I completely shut myself off from anyone else playing in the game and give up much of the game features I too will want to retire and leave the game. Till now, I have enjoyed most of the game and yet do not spend much time as I show up at 7pm to play what I enjoy, collect my city and then spend time with my family. Having a designated time I can focus on game play makes balancing game and life much easier. GbG does not offer that balance as many people must be available numerous times a day which stretch into hours and hours. GBG failed to provide what GvG players wanted as an alternative. What it did provide was a place for all of the mobile people a feature for them to enjoy as they carry the game with them.
I don't want or need what GvG or GBG offer. I enjoy other parts of the game, and I can play them any time of day that is convenient. I can play a lot on some days, or I can not play at all if I so choose, as I did on my recent trip to San Diego with my wife. My cities were still here when I logged in again, and I didn't have to worry about whether I got kicked from some rinky dink guild. As far as the comment that I "shut myself off from anyone else playing the game", I have had much socialization in the past in the game, but it is not something I seek out or need at this time. Although if someone messages me, I respond to them to whatever degree that they want to socialize.

HABONDE

What a ridiculous statement. I can tell you've never bothered to learn anything about the fighting portion of the game except how to push the auto button. How sad for you. I can do any fighting feature of the game battling manually in any of my cities and be successful and enjoy it a whole lot more than you do. That I choose not to do most of them says more about the features themselves than it does about fighting manually.
Spoken like a true non-GVGer. Fighting on manual may suffice for some but that dog doesn't hunt in the heat of battle. An absolutely brilliant definition of ridiculous would be having a player in your guild that decides to go manual at calc or in GBG against an enemy guild. When time does not matter, the employment of manual troop manipulation in a casual environment is not going to be a problem. For those of us who fight to compete in a race against the enemy, the luxury of time is often not to be had. There is a reason for auto - either you know or you don't and if you need it explained it probably won't make a difference in the long run.

Johnny B. Goode

Spoken like a true non-GVGer. Fighting on manual may suffice for some but that dog doesn't hunt in the heat of battle. An absolutely brilliant definition of ridiculous would be having a player in your guild that decides to go manual at calc or in GBG against an enemy guild. When time does not matter, the employment of manual troop manipulation in a casual environment is not going to be a problem. For those of us who fight to compete in a race against the enemy, the luxury of time is often not to be had. There is a reason for auto - either you know or you don't and if you need it explained it probably won't make a difference in the long run.
As I said, those features have issues that guarantee that I will never again be in a guild that requires frantic auto clicking for participation. I can do all the GBG/GvG I desire without having to engage in auto battle "races", which to me are the epitome of not actually playing. No strategy, no skill, just click, click, click. Time is not a luxury, by the way, time is a blessing. The game is much more enjoyable at a slower pace.

UBERhelp1

Small update - that blog has been removed. Currently unsure if it's a result of the plagiarism reports from where they copy pasted my Higher Age Units guide exactly, or if it was the decision of the player. They have as yet not responded to my contact.

Be Chuille

Small update - that blog has been removed. Currently unsure if it's a result of the plagiarism reports from where they copy pasted my Higher Age Units guide exactly, or if it was the decision of the player. They have as yet not responded to my contact.
They probably got into big trouble for revealing Guild Raids info and causing a ruckus. ;)

Pikkin6

GvG is the only feature where your guild gets to decide who to attack. You plundered me? I'm taking all of your land for the rest of your life lol. Inno chooses who you fight in gbg/ge/pvp/hood. You play as a team in realtime attacking and defending, yelling orders (DA!! DA!! GO GO GO HURRRRYY 8 MORE FIGHTS!!!!), laughing, screaming with other intense gvg fighters on Discord. Our lower age can absolutely participate in upper ages by replacing DA and sieging during live battles using rogue only if necessary, they are just as dedicated if not more since they are support role only. Anticipation watching the clock for calc countdown, timing your drops, timing a siege on the enemy drop, watching 4 or 5 maps to break enemy sieges, getting bumps from friendlies, hq move discussions.. there us so much strategy and nuance in gvg. There is zero replication in gbg, swap over and over like a mindless drone. I do it and get some rewards, but I literally hate every minute and hate myself for it, but it helps the guild, and it helps both my guildmates cities and my own city get stronger FOR GVG. Also, if you don't show up nightly for gvg, you can kiss your land goodbye. That's also part of being a dedicated gvg-er. We are there every night for no personal rewards, those are the teams that prevail. I've done solo guild plenty of times, still super fun. Swiping a beach at calc, come back later to be annoying and take more..so fun. I hate that it is all being taken away for what sounds like which guild can do more quests. That will just promote more guilds filled with alt accounts for Raids and they dont need real ppl because they can run bots for gbg. Real gvg fighters will understand all of that too long post how your heart races and hand shake getting ready for calc war. those who don't get it and say gbg is the same never had the joy of fighting with a real team (yes, bots def changed it in a way). Anyway, sadness overall. I'll look at Guild Raids, but I'm also looking around for a new game that gives that gvg excitement feeling.

Last edited:

Be Chuille

GvG is the only feature where your guild gets to decide who to attack. You plundered me? I'm taking all of your land lol. Inno chooses who you fight in gbg/ge/pvp/hood. You play as a team in realtime attacking and defending, yelling orders (DA!! DA!! GO GO GO HURRRRYY 8 MORE FIGHTS!!!!), laughing, screaming with other intense gvg fighters on Discord. Our lower age can absolutely participate in upper ages by replacing DA and sieging during live battles using rogue only if necessary, they are just as dedicated if not more since they are support role only. Anticipation watching the clock for calc countdown, timing your drops, timing a siege on the enemy drop, watching 4 or 5 maps to break enemy sieges, getting bumps from friendlies, hq move discussions.. there us so much strategy and nuance in gvg. There is zero replication in gbg, swap over and over like a mindless drone. I do it and get some rewards, but I literally hate every minute and hate myself for it, but it helps the guild, and it helps both my guildmates cities and my own city get stronger FOR GVG. Also, if you don't show up nightly for gvg, you can kiss your land goodbye. That's also part of being a dedicated gvg-er. We are there every night for no personal rewards, those are the teams that prevail. I've done solo guild plant of times, still super fun. Swiping a beach at calc, come back later to be annoying and take more..so fun. I hate that it is all being taken away for what sounds like which guild can do more quests. That will just promote more guilds filled with alt accounts. Real gvg fighters will understand all of that too long post how your heart races and hand shake getting ready for calc war. those who don't get it and say gbg is the same never had the joy of fighting with a real team (yes, bots def changed it in a way). Anyway, sadness overall. I'll look at Guild Raids, but I'm also looking around for a new game that gives that gvg excitement feeling.
Never thought I would agree with Pikkin. ;) But on this I agree.
I will miss the fun of annoying your guild in GvG.

Be Chuille

GvG is the only feature where your guild gets to decide who to attack. You plundered me? I'm taking all of your land for the rest of your life lol. Inno chooses who you fight in gbg/ge/pvp/hood. You play as a team in realtime attacking and defending, yelling orders (DA!! DA!! GO GO GO HURRRRYY 8 MORE FIGHTS!!!!), laughing, screaming with other intense gvg fighters on Discord. Our lower age can absolutely participate in upper ages by replacing DA and sieging during live battles using rogue only if necessary, they are just as dedicated if not more since they are support role only. Anticipation watching the clock for calc countdown, timing your drops, timing a siege on the enemy drop, watching 4 or 5 maps to break enemy sieges, getting bumps from friendlies, hq move discussions.. there us so much strategy and nuance in gvg. There is zero replication in gbg, swap over and over like a mindless drone. I do it and get some rewards, but I literally hate every minute and hate myself for it, but it helps the guild, and it helps both my guildmates cities and my own city get stronger FOR GVG. Also, if you don't show up nightly for gvg, you can kiss your land goodbye. That's also part of being a dedicated gvg-er. We are there every night for no personal rewards, those are the teams that prevail. I've done solo guild plenty of times, still super fun. Swiping a beach at calc, come back later to be annoying and take more..so fun. I hate that it is all being taken away for what sounds like which guild can do more quests. That will just promote more guilds filled with alt accounts for Raids and they dont need real ppl because they can run bots for gbg. Real gvg fighters will understand all of that too long post how your heart races and hand shake getting ready for calc war. those who don't get it and say gbg is the same never had the joy of fighting with a real team (yes, bots def changed it in a way). Anyway, sadness overall. I'll look at Guild Raids, but I'm also looking around for a new game that gives that gvg excitement feeling.
oh btw... I took some of your land. As payback for the traps. :)

See... how am I going to do that with no GvG? GvG is the one place where the little guys can still annoy the big guys.

Angry.Blanket

That's exactly what I do. Until my wife retired, I played mostly during the day and after 9 PM. Now I play a bit in the morning (sometimes) and then after 9 PM. I feel sorry for those who prioritize computer game time over family time. It's actually pretty convenient for me that GBG sucks and they've ruined GE. Makes it really easy to not play. Especially since I now only play in solo guilds and thus have no commitments to tie me to the computer.
I have family in different states that play FOE, I hate to be self centered and only play when I want to and not when they do, so I try to play when they are on.

jaymoney23456

I believe you have discovered the entire reason why GBG does not do a very good job of replacing GVG. Thank you. I knew we could get the point across to Inno at some point. It would be at this point people get the light bulb to go on and see what was missing after they did roll out GBG and the new changes did not offer any replacement either. Do I need to go into ideas on how it could happen for GBG to offer the same map but on different age levels? Because obviously someone in say EMA can go to the same GBG map as the rest of us and fight with their age troops. So a different map thinking does not apply.
I think the bigger question... why has the new feature not offered us anything which would do just that and allow players to go head to head with various age troops?
Who said that GbG was a specific replacement for GvG that would be set up the same?

HABONDE

As I said, those features have issues that guarantee that I will never again be in a guild that requires frantic auto clicking for participation. I can do all the GBG/GvG I desire without having to engage in auto battle "races", which to me are the epitome of not actually playing. No strategy, no skill, just click, click, click. Time is not a luxury, by the way, time is a blessing. The game is much more enjoyable at a slower pace.
It isn't those features that provide the guarantee, it is the belief that somewhere there is a guild that would acquiesce to allowing a player who doesn't understand fighting and proudly displays their inability to comprehend the basics by wearing it like a badge of honor. Time is a luxury for some but not all blessings are understood either it would appear.

The real blessing here happens for every guild that has been graced with the presence of fighters who throw down every night. The ones that show up consistently and inspire others to do the same. The ones that have the ability to understand strategy, the necessity for speed under pressure, and never give up when the going gets tough. It has been my pleasure and honor to fight alongside the best fighters in EN and while Inno is taking away GVG and casual players who have no idea what they're talking about offer irrelevant comments, the years, the laughter and tears, and the memories will forever remain.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please do not assume content on external sites is correct - it is not. Official announcements will always be given here, not anywhere else. I have removed all links posted to external sites (even if they are no longer working) - this is pure disinformation and not at all relevant to the announcement

Rest assured we will pass on all constructive feedback relevant to our announcement and the information we have provided

Niikilou

yeah why do I want to fight a guild I'm not mad at? LOL