• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] At what point should you not level the ship/festival to 300?

Angry.Blanket

They communicated to me that as long as it does not breach any of their rules, they have no objection to me using it. I realize that is different than approving it. Regardless, it is not banned from use and many of us use it openly. I know the guys at the Helper are constantly checking to verify they are in compliance with INNO rules. In the past, INNO had objected to an issue regarding incidents, but they deleted or changed the extension to comply.

Is there a rule that we can be pointed to that states that we cannot mention the extension on the Forums or is this just something started by rumor and carried on as such?
Can you show us where Inno said that, or was it more of the community managers saying it ?

Dominator - X

Can you show us where Inno said that, or was it more of the community managers saying it ?
Directly through a contact ticket. I invite anyone to ask them for themselves. Never trust anyone you don't know well. Always verify. Funny thing is, I asked INNO because a lot of "experts" on this forum kept saying it was illegal and banned. Although nothing about it exhibited anything ban worthy. So, I asked to verify, and lo-and-behold: the "experts" lied.

Angry.Blanket

Directly through a contact ticket. I invite anyone to ask them for themselves. Never trust anyone you don't know well. Always verify. Funny thing is, I asked INNO because a lot of "experts" on this forum kept saying it was illegal and banned. Although nothing about it exhibited anything ban worthy. So, I asked to verify, and lo-and-behold: the "experts" lied.
You keep saying Inno, but your support tickets go to volunteer community managers. Some will tell you it is ok and other will tell you it isn't because it is too easy to modify.

xivarmy

I've seen that the time skip and the helper aren't exactly the same, the time skip is a lot less usually.
I've never seen the time skip to be wrong, but look at what you want.

Time Skip's estimate measures how much you would get from the lowest of factory production, shipping, or festival production - even if you have a stockpile to use up that would allow a factory or shipping shortage to be of reduced importance or even irrelevant over the time period.

I can't speak to what the addon calculates.

WillyTwoShoes

Re: Using the 'time skip' option to get eyes on your future shamrock levels.

I would like to add one thing. The 4 and 8 hour values displayed have a % bonus mark up that players should be aware of when viewing the time skip for future shamrock levels. Good ballpark figures at any rate.

xivarmy

Re: Using the 'time skip' option to get eyes on your future shamrock levels.

I would like to add one thing. The 4 and 8 hour values displayed have a % bonus mark up that players should be aware of when viewing the time skip for future shamrock levels. Good ballpark figures at any rate.
The % bonus is actually a cost discount not a benefit bonus. i.e.

1709715909029.png

2.45Q ~= 4 * 613T

But 400 * 4 = 1600. 25% discount from 1600 is 1200. That's what the +25% represents.

Pericles the Lion

800I've never seen the time skip to be wrong, but look at what you want.
You may not have seen it but it's occurring nonetheless. Check for yourself. It seems that the time skip applies to the lesser of total factory or ship or festival production but not to the individual factories. For example, if the combined factories are producing 1Q per hour, the ship is transporting 800T and the Festival is converting 700T a 2hr time skip will increase shamrocks by 1400T (2x700T). However, in doing so, if the flower factory is producing 5.3B flowers per hour the 2hr time skip does not increase the total number of flowers produced by 10.6B. You need to have a factory production task active when using the time skip to confirm this.

Dominator - X

You keep saying Inno, but your support tickets go to volunteer community managers. Some will tell you it is ok and other will tell you it isn't because it is too easy to modify.
Whoever answers those requests are representatives of INNO, whether volunteers or not. The method of contact is set up and published by INNO, so it is INNO whom I am contacting and getting answers from. If you have a better way of contacting INNO, please do so and share their response. Until then or if INNO changes how we contact them and who answers our requests, I got my answer from INNO and they stated that they have no objection to using the extension.

We can also use the power of observation and reason. The extension is used by numerous players and we do so openly. I have never been asked nor told to stop by any representative of INNO. Nor have I been banned for using it. EVER!!!. Nor have I heard of or known anyone being asked to desist nor banned for not doing so. So, when I consider the reply I was given, from INNO, as well as its wide spread use without any interference from INNO, as well as the fact that it does not breach any of their rules... Yeah, I am going to conclude that it is tolerated and legal to use, and I will continue to use it until they say differently. If others object and choose not to use it? So be it. That is their choice and I support them in it.

Pericles the Lion

Whoever answers those requests are representatives of INNO, whether volunteers or not. The method of contact is set up and published by INNO, so it is INNO whom I am contacting and getting answers from. If you have a better way of contacting INNO, please do so and share their response. Until then or if INNO changes how we contact them and who answers our requests, I got my answer from INNO and they stated that they have no objection to using the extension.

We can also use the power of observation and reason. The extension is used by numerous players and we do so openly. I have never been asked nor told to stop by any representative of INNO. Nor have I been banned for using it. EVER!!!. Nor have I heard of or known anyone being asked to desist nor banned for not doing so. So, when I consider the reply I was given, from INNO, as well as its wide spread use without any interference from INNO, as well as the fact that it does not breach any of their rules... Yeah, I am going to conclude that it is tolerated and legal to use, and I will continue to use it until they say differently. If others object and choose not to use it? So be it. That is their choice and I support them in it.
Back during the days of Agent327 any posts mentioning FOEHelper were usually deleted. Maybe he was overzealous, who knows. What I do know is that there is a world of difference between "approving" and "not objecting". As I said before, I have never seen a message from INNO stating their position, one way or another, regarding the acceptability of FOEHelper. Since all player tickets are archived (I can still retrieve mine and they go back over 4 years) it would be very illuminating to see INNO's response to you. Please share it.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

I have been told by community managers both ways, "it is ok to use" and " you are not allowed to use any external software, including foe helper."
Inno refuses to make public announcement, they stand by "It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts." Which leaves it up to you to decide if Foe helper is a script.

Johnny B. Goode

Time Skip's estimate measures how much you would get from the lowest of factory production, shipping, or festival production - even if you have a stockpile to use up that would allow a factory or shipping shortage to be of reduced importance or even irrelevant over the time period.

I can't speak to what the addon calculates.
Time Skip's estimate measures what you'd get from current factory production, shipping and festival levels, not "lowest". If your factory production at current levels is sufficient to keep the ship/festival fully supplied at current max, then Time Skip is completely accurate. If you don't have your factory production at sufficient levels to accomplish this, then it's beyond foolish to use Time Skip. I never bother with even looking at Time Skip unless my factories are keeping my ship/festival full. Neither Time Skip nor the other thing can accurately determine what you'll do next if your factories aren't keeping up with the ship/festival. Time Skip will accurately predict what your production will be if you use it at that particular point, or if you do nothing to improve your production during the time frames indicated.

Pericles the Lion

Time Skip's estimate measures what you'd get from current factory production, shipping and festival levels, not "lowest". If your factory production at current levels is sufficient to keep the ship/festival fully supplied at current max, then Time Skip is completely accurate. If you don't have your factory production at sufficient levels to accomplish this, then it's beyond foolish to use Time Skip. I never bother with even looking at Time Skip unless my factories are keeping my ship/festival full. Neither Time Skip nor the other thing can accurately determine what you'll do next if your factories aren't keeping up with the ship/festival. Time Skip will accurately predict what your production will be if you use it at that particular point, or if you do nothing to improve your production during the time frames indicated.
If the factories are producing 622M per hour, the ship is transporting 9.22B per hour, and the Festival converting 12.8B per hour a 2hr time skip will add 1.24B shamrocks which is 2 times the lowest number. Try it on one of your cities and see for yourself. Whether, or not, it is foolish to use time skips when the factory output is insufficient is irrelevant.

1709738695593.png

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

For the shamrock boost the number of shamrocks is directly correlated with the level of the festival, only increasing the lvl of the festival has an effect of bonus. I raised my festival manager to 5, at lvl300 I produced 4.4Q using a 2h boost. It's a whole lot quicker having a lvl5 festival manager, only takes 15 min to produce 1Q shamrocks. It would nice if a collected more diamonds, I won't have enough to get another Archdruid upgrade at Q900.
Look at my screen shot. The amount of the 2hr time skip boost is 2x the factory production, not 2x the production of the festival. It's always 2x the lowest of the three (ship, factories, or festival).