• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] At what point should you not level the ship/festival to 300?

Darkest.Knight

Look at my screen shot. The amount of the 2hr time skip boost is 2x the factory production, not 2x the production of the festival. It's always 2x the lowest of the three (ship, factories, or festival).
Misperception on my part, changed the order that I've lvl fest, ship and productions; as u said, lowest value sets limit on rush.

xivarmy

Time Skip's estimate measures what you'd get from current factory production, shipping and festival levels, not "lowest". If your factory production at current levels is sufficient to keep the ship/festival fully supplied at current max, then Time Skip is completely accurate. If you don't have your factory production at sufficient levels to accomplish this, then it's beyond foolish to use Time Skip. I never bother with even looking at Time Skip unless my factories are keeping my ship/festival full. Neither Time Skip nor the other thing can accurately determine what you'll do next if your factories aren't keeping up with the ship/festival. Time Skip will accurately predict what your production will be if you use it at that particular point, or if you do nothing to improve your production during the time frames indicated.
I just missed an opportunity to show what I meant because I just did my final upgrades for a city but had a large stockpile from just before it:

1709749427070.png

In the prior step for this city I had way more factory production than I needed - and missed being online perfectly on-time for the moment I could've moved up. And thus built up a 4.4Q stockpile while getting the shipping & festival to 300/300. If I had hit the time skip to check while the only thing missing was 17 firework levels, the time skip would've shown my factory production at lv 33 fireworks (probably something like 4Q over 8 hours) even though there was also an additional 4.4Q available that the factory shortage shouldn't matter to that extent. Now of course it shows the usual 10Q when limited by a lvl 3 manager + lvl 300 festival. Given that I could use a swiftsham to finish this city and thus only need to get to 6.3Q, I arguably may not have even needed to do the final fireworks levels. Would've been such a micro-optimisation that I didn't bother - but it does show a limitation of using time-skip to estimate the result.

Dominator - X

I have been told by community managers both ways, "it is ok to use" and " you are not allowed to use any external software, including foe helper."
Inno refuses to make public announcement, they stand by "It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts." Which leaves it up to you to decide if Foe helper is a script.
It isn't up to any of us to decide if it is a script or not. It just plain is not a script, period.

However, it is up to each of us to decide whether or not we use it.

Johnny B. Goode

I just missed an opportunity to show what I meant because I just did my final upgrades for a city but had a large stockpile from just before it:

View attachment 21290

In the prior step for this city I had way more factory production than I needed - and missed being online perfectly on-time for the moment I could've moved up. And thus built up a 4.4Q stockpile while getting the shipping & festival to 300/300. If I had hit the time skip to check while the only thing missing was 17 firework levels, the time skip would've shown my factory production at lv 33 fireworks (probably something like 4Q over 8 hours) even though there was also an additional 4.4Q available that the factory shortage shouldn't matter to that extent. Now of course it shows the usual 10Q when limited by a lvl 3 manager + lvl 300 festival. Given that I could use a swiftsham to finish this city and thus only need to get to 6.3Q, I arguably may not have even needed to do the final fireworks levels. Would've been such a micro-optimisation that I didn't bother - but it does show a limitation of using time-skip to estimate the result.
I guess the real problem with this discussion is that I play when I want, not when the game demands. So I use Time Skip (if I use it at all) only on very, very rare occasions*. Thus I mostly just look at it (with no intention of using it) to see if the current production of Shamrocks (festival output) will get me where I want to go in the next 8 hours. Not that I would change my RL plans if it shows that it won't get me where I want to go, but at least I'll know what to expect when I come back.

*I have used the 2 hour Time Skip several times this event only because of the Rival questline providing them. If there is another Rival next week I will probably not mess with it.

Dominator - X

What I do know is that there is a world of difference between "approving" and "not objecting".
I said as much above: "They communicated to me that as long as it does not breach any of their rules, they have no objection to me using it. I realize that is different than approving it. Regardless, it is not banned from use and many of us use it openly. I know the guys at the Helper are constantly checking to verify they are in compliance with INNO rules. In the past, INNO had objected to an issue regarding incidents, but they deleted or changed the extension to comply." (Bold added in this post as an edit)

To add to this, I re-read the ticket. They mentioned the risks involved in using 3rd party software and that INNO has no control over them and assumes not fault. As such, the software could change and become illegal to use. Which, yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. The risk is taken and assumed by the user. And yes the software could change and make itself out of line with INNO's rules and INNO could ban its use at a future date.

I assume those risks.

As I also mentioned prior, these are tools that INNO could implement themselves to make the game richer and more enjoyable for the user. I have even suggested a few in the past.

xivarmy

I guess the real problem with this discussion is that I play when I want, not when the game demands. So I use Time Skip (if I use it at all) only on very, very rare occasions*. Thus I mostly just look at it (with no intention of using it) to see if the current production of Shamrocks (festival output) will get me where I want to go in the next 8 hours. Not that I would change my RL plans if it shows that it won't get me where I want to go, but at least I'll know what to expect when I come back.

*I have used the 2 hour Time Skip several times this event only because of the Rival questline providing them. If there is another Rival next week I will probably not mess with it.
I'm in the same boat as you as to actually using time skip (this event being the first time I have, and only because of Rival/Boosters). It costs too many pots of gold otherwise compared to other things you could do with more pots of gold.

But a stupid-festival-event or two back I noticed that using time skip to estimate where I'd be in X hours was occasionally wildly inaccurate with certain strategies that didn't always fit the mold at all times of Festival Production > Ship & Factory production. This wasn't important for actually using the time skip, because I wasn't, but was important to for instance estimate how long after I upgraded to festival 300 would I be able to afford shipyard 300 (often using timeskip for this estimate suggests it taking almost 4 times longer than it actually will if you've built up a precise stockpile by overshipping before you hit festival 300). As such I started measuring it by spreadsheets instead of timeskip.

jaymoney23456

You may not have seen it but it's occurring nonetheless. Check for yourself. It seems that the time skip applies to the lesser of total factory or ship or festival production but not to the individual factories. For example, if the combined factories are producing 1Q per hour, the ship is transporting 800T and the Festival is converting 700T a 2hr time skip will increase shamrocks by 1400T (2x700T). However, in doing so, if the flower factory is producing 5.3B flowers per hour the 2hr time skip does not increase the total number of flowers produced by 10.6B. You need to have a factory production task active when using the time skip to confirm this.
all the options to skip time work the same way and instantly elapse a specific amt of time. Sure you only collect whatever you can collected from your shipyard and ultimately festival. The same thing happens if you log off for a while (your produced shamrocks will sit there and pile up if your ship can't transport them faster than they are produced, the shamrocks will also sit at the festival if the festival manager can't collect them faster than the ship transports them. Looks like FOE helper is wrong in this instance.

jaymoney23456

It isn't up to any of us to decide if it is a script or not. It just plain is not a script, period.

However, it is up to each of us to decide whether or not we use it.
If it allows you to bypass having to manual click to perform actions it is a script if not then its not a script. It may well be considered a bot because it automatically gives additional information not provided in the game though.

Dominator - X

If it allows you to bypass having to manual click to perform actions it is a script if not then its not a script. It may well be considered a bot because it automatically gives additional information not provided in the game though.
It doesn't and it isn't. I have done the research and inquired of INNO. I am satisfied and comfortable with my conclusions.

If you don't want to use it, just don't use it.