• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.62 - Feedback

barney001

OK is it me? WTH is a burger menu? I would like a burger menu, but my burgers are always simple, mustard, ketchup and pickle for me....:D

DeletedUser12938

Hi There! It would be MOST AWESOME if you would give the leadership in a guild the ability to add/remove a member from a message thread. When a member leaves a guild and the remaining members continue to use a thread, the non-member still has access. If we could remove them - then we can maintain our competitive advantage when they go to another guild.

Thanks for the consideration!!!
Becca

absolutely agree .. that would be a huge plus for this messaging system, but I know there are still people that hate having more than 1 page of messages, so PLEASE bring back a delete message option, without leaving the convo.

barney001

We use a simple system in the guild I run: we have a couple of "Do Not Leave" threads (we have others that are leaveable) for Guild Announcements and Essential Information. If you leave them, you've left the guild (I boot you). What amazes me is the folks who've been booted and then say "I never read messages", to which I reply "if you wont even bother to read the messages, you can't be in this guild". It's actually been very good for guild communication. But I'm glad the 'left' alert will be gone for all the other messages.
I like this! One positive thing about the new message system, in my guild we have what we call QuickLaunches. Basically a member who plants a GB posts that they have a QUICKLAUNCH of this GB, it is required by every member to VISIT, DONATE, then LEAVE the message (used to be delete). It has been an ongoing struggle to monitor compliance with this simple rule, and now that we have a list of who has LEFT the conversation, it will be simple now to match the LEAVErs to the DONATErs. If a LEAVEr has not DONATED.... well they got some 'splaining to do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10517

We use a simple system in the guild I run: we have a couple of "Do Not Leave" threads (we have others that are leaveable) for Guild Announcements and Essential Information. If you leave them, you've left the guild (I boot you). What amazes me is the folks who've been booted and then say "I never read messages", to which I reply "if you wont even bother to read the messages, you can't be in this guild". It's actually been very good for guild communication. But I'm glad the 'left' alert will be gone for all the other messages.

Having a different thread for every different building in the Mud increases message content to begin with though, surely?

I have always subscribed to the notion of one thread for each subject and ALL posts from ALL members fall into one of those thread categories.

I think I have about 12 different threads in my guild......thats it.

Anyone wants a Building raised, it goes in the Muddy Buildings thread. If anyone has some trades they want filling, it goes in the Chit Chat thread.........etc etc And then when a person leaves, or a new one starts......its a simple case of restarting the same threads, which is much easier to keep track of.

No stray, single messages are ever posted.......so its all nice and organised to start with.

DeletedUser2355

I hope this update does not bring the broken GvG maps with it.

DeletedUser8152

I just want to add, I appreciate getting this kind of information too:
When it comes to what is in progress: we are obviously working on the 'Future Era', but also on various tutorial improvements and some additional messaging system polishing. Also mobile team has started their progress on bringing guilds to the mobile apps. This is not an easy one though, so please be aware that it will take a longer while.

DeletedUser8152

... or better late than never. If you're still here playing, then I guess it's better late than never for you :)

DeletedUser11609

... or better late than never. If you're still here playing, then I guess it's better late than never for you :)
Then you agree that the Devs do not generally provide timely information updates?

Doesn't cost me anything to collect, so I guess you could say I'm still playing.
But I spend most of my time now playing a much better ftp game, that actually requires a bit of skill in combat, and is not as much pay to win as this game.....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10517

Wow Inno....youve done a great job in fixing the issues on the messaging system...........Not!

The name of who sends a message is FAR TOO SMALL!
Not enough Line Breaks to allow the proper messaging for GB Clubs
Etc
Etc

Come on Inno.....sort it out. GUILDS are the ones who need the messaging the most..............and it is GUILDS who you have completely messed up with this shambles of a system.

lemonwedgie

I have noticed that the 'leave convo' no longer bumps it with a notification that so-and-so left convo.

I have also noticed there is a third option in the burger menu - Message Center. Click that and all it does is close the open message window you are in, you can use the 'x' for that so really not understanding why this addition was needed.

Didn't you say you were going to make the names 'bold' so we can easily tell who sent what message? Ok, so yeah it is a little bold but really not much change to it all.

Basically, I only notice one significant change, the whole leave convo thing and I am not going to congratulate you on that because it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Guilds are the core of this game, guilds rely on messaging. Is it too much to ask to have a decent message system?

lemonwedgie

Oh ... and if you are going through your inbox leaving convo's ... when you leave one, it will bounce back to page 1. Annoying.

amg777

Oh ... and if you are going through your inbox leaving convo's ... when you leave one, it will bounce back to page 1. Annoying.

Yes, this is very annoying, especially for those of us who didn't "leave" old messages in the last 2 weeks to avoid spamming our guildmates. Cleaning out the mailbox now will take much longer than it should. If this is a bug, Inno should fix it ASAP & not wait for the next update. And we still need the "delete" option back in my opinion.

DeletedUser8152

So it doesn't bounce back for anyone else but it does for you? That is weird.

lemonwedgie

Sorry, not the message, your inbox will bounce back to page 1 ... so then you have to go thru the pages again to get back to where you were. A bit like the hood bar ...

- - - Updated - - -

And we still need the "delete" option back in my opinion.

Agreed! I mean, what was wrong with the delete button? Nothing. Bring it back!

DeletedUser8152

I kind of understand about the delete button... the system now doesn't use individual messages that you have your own copy of, they are now more like shared documents all recipients can see. So deleting that document wouldn't make sense, it would delete it for everyone.

But clearly what people want is a way to hide a conversation so they don't have to see it unless something new is posted. Honestly I don't really see that as important myself, I don't hear people clamoring for a way to hide facebook posts to keep their wall empty. But I also don't see why it would be hard to implement, and if it makes people happier, why not do it?

DeletedUser11186

Seems the new update just gives me another option to return to message center... Still no delete button :(

DeletedUser18851

Not just him. Me too.

Another thing that bounces back for me, is when I have sent friend invites that are not accepted and I cancel them, the friend list bounces back to #1 every time. It's unbelievable how such simple things are always so screwed up. They keep "fixing" the social bar problems and all they do is create a new one every single time. You all know it's true.

About the "fixes" to the messaging system:

--To get a mail out of my hair requires nothing short of 5 clicks. FIVE CLICKS per message. Unacceptable! Because they removed the soft-delete feature (DUH?) your only option is to leave the message.
1) click to the end of your inbox (because you'll be bounced to the beginning after leaving the previous one)
2) click to open message
3) click burger menu
4) click leave message
5) click to confirm

Five clicks. 1 message.

Why is this 5-click task not delegated to ONE SIMPLE BUTTON that is viewable from the inbox overview??? Is Inno just trying to give their members carpal tunnel so they have to use the diamond collect feature? What is the problem here? German engineering has reached a new low.

--The name of the person writing the message is still too small and should be placed over their avatar, not hidden in the bottom corner. A persons attention is naturally attracted to the picture first, so why isn't the name displayed there? Oh that's right, it makes too much sense. German engineering... has reached a new low.

-- Still no soft-delete. One of the best features of the mail system was stripped away for no reason and despite all the requests it's not back.

-- Still can't add or remove people from conversations, something the devs said was coming. We have to wait another 3 weeks?

The only good thing is that the spam of leaving conversations is now gone. Zero kudos to Inno for fixing a problem they created with their own stupidity and should have never happened in the first place.

If I didn't have so much invested in this game and so many friends, I would have been gone from this game months ago.

MAJOR NAGGING PROBLEMS:

- GvG lag at recalc (one big failed "fix", then ignored)
- Messaging system (destroyed a working system and replaced it with a catastrophe)
- Getting jerked around with no 2nd TE GB while both FE gb's are leaked to beta
- Army overview window improvements being ignored while we break the messaging system, further compounding the frustration of lag at recalc.
- No apologies or explanations from the development team, just continued sub-standard "updates" that fall short of improving the game.

Get your act together Inno. I'm not the only one saying this. You better start listening and putting forth some visible effort.