• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

Mustapha00

Ruby- that's a very interesting hypothesis.
If I get it, you're saying that the game has a way of keeping track of which players are aggressive towards other players and which are not and that, over time, the game will place players in hoods that are populated by other players with similar playstyles?

DeletedUser10517

If the game sees you scoring highly every day, then you stay as you are whilst you continue to do that.

But once you stop, the game sees a change.....a slow down.....and will then put you in a hood with 'slower' players.

I definitely got moved out of an aggressive hood when I stopped playing aggressively myself.

In another world, I also experimented......I was in a real sedate hood becuase I hardly played......and Ive been with the same folk for over a year....but, when I started fighting every day and scoring much more, after a couple of weeks.....new hood and much more active players.

Might be coincidental....but it strikes me as true.

DeletedUser13452

Let's see. There was a merging process which took place ever few months (basically when two hoods are down to about 35 players), players always had a low number of neighbors, plus the age discrepancies were enormous because the merging was based on date of joining and ranking points. That was replaced with a bi-weekly merging process and the criteria was changed to tech tree progress with the aim to have hoods which span at most 3 ages. The first merging system was there for about a year and a half, the second merging system is now there for about a year and a half. At no stage did the game die or lose excess players so it seems to me it's not that big of an issue to classify it as something that would send into a death spiral --- it's an established game with millions of players, players who have already spent months or years on the game they're not likely to leave for a problem which resolves itself after 2 weeks.

The issue that is experienced by some is simply the inability to place certain chunks of players anywhere. It happens when a chunk of players is taken out from a previous hood because they no longer fit in there, but now there is no appropriate hood for them so the game simply places them in the next-best hood. Since this doesn't happen with a single chunk of players but multiple, it means some chunks end up in hoods which aren't at all appropriate for them. Is that good? No. Is it something that can send the game into a death spiral? No. It's 2 weeks, anyone who can't manage it likely won't survive the game either, they would have stopped playing at another point.

It would be good if it can be improved, but it certainly isn't the end of the world problem like folks are portraying it.

It doesn't necessarily get fixed in 2 weeks. I was stuck in this situation for 6 or 8 weeks. Other than that, I have to admit, ur making a lot of sense (and I support a new hood merge very much).

DeletedUser18646

Neighborhoods

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] How is someone suppose to defend themselves against neighbors in Modern ERA when they have just entered Colonial ERA. I mean really 3 age difference is too much especially when the player will only not attack and plunder if you give in to demands of a 5 FP extortion racket. I can see 1 age up or down at least this would give someone a chance but not 3 ages down from players who love to take advantage of this[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]. This is something that should be looked at. Lets make this game at least somewhat fair. I find this ridiculous and a part of the game that just makes people mad.[/FONT]:mad:[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]

DeletedUser8152

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]How is someone suppose to defend themselves against neighbors in Modern ERA when they have just entered Colonial ERA. I mean really 3 age difference is too much especially when the player will only not attack and plunder if you give in to demands of a 5 FP extortion racket. I can see 1 age up or down at least this would give someone a chance but not 3 ages down from players who love to take advantage of this[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]. This is something that should be looked at. Lets make this game at least somewhat fair. I find this ridiculous and a part of the game that just makes people mad.[/FONT]:mad:[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

This isn't really a proposal, so I will merge it with a similar thread in Forge Hall.

On the topic, you aren't supposed to be able to defend yourself in that situation, but you can make sure you collect on time so that being attacked does not damage you in any way.

In addition, we have previously submitted a proposals to the developers to limit neighborhoods to a two age range.

On the topic

ahsay

I will attempt to keep my credibility by not ranting in all caps, using exclamations or whining about plundering. I will try to keep my thoughts short and clear.
It seems there is an acknowledged long standing problem with the neighborhood merge system, ludicrous is the word that comes to mind when someone tries to defend a system that lumps players 6 ages apart into the same neighborhood. By now the devs must be aware of the problem.
My proposal is that everyone stop wasting energy writing endlessly about it here and contact the corporate partners and sponsors. Alert them to the disdain players wishes are held in. Point out that developers who are unresponsive to the most basic requests (a level playing field) will ultimately lose players at an alarming rate. Make use of social media. The voice of a million players does not hold near the weight of one bill paying corporate exec dropping a bunch of letters into the devs laps asking, 'Whats going on?'
No voting needed. I already sent my concerns to people who will most certainly forward them directly to someone who can make the needed changes.

I have seen many of these posts and have yet to see anyone defend disparity in neighborhoods. It sucks.

So what? The joy of this game is to figure out how to best avoid the plunder; 99% of the time you can and it doesn't involve defenses of any kind. There's so many solutions to this dilemma...the lack of creativity is staggering.

No...whining is not a way to stop plundering. Won't you be my neighbor?

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be purchasing any more diamonds and won't be playing any other Inno games.

One solution to the constant whining.

- - - Updated - - -

How is someone suppose to defend themselves against neighbors in Modern ERA when they have just entered Colonial ERA. I mean really 3 age difference is too much especially when the player will only not attack and plunder if you give in to demands of a 5 FP extortion racket. I can see 1 age up or down at least this would give someone a chance but not 3 ages down from players who love to take advantage of this. This is something that should be looked at. Lets make this game at least somewhat fair. I find this ridiculous and a part of the game that just makes people mad.:mad:

I've done it many times...figure it out.

DeletedUser18646

I look at some of the things that are said here and I have to agree that yes all defenses can be breached but the problem is when you have a person in the modern era in a neighborhood with LMA to colonial, it gives an extreme disadvantage to the entire neighborhood as 1 person is so advanced they can attack and plunder at will. NO ONE in the neighborhood could possible (without spending hundreds of dollars) put up any defense. At least make the neighborhoods fair, give the people a fair shot at the game. The only people here complaining about this post are the ones who have that great advantage and want to keep it. This is a problem that needs to be fixed

DeletedUser17558

I look at some of the things that are said here and I have to agree that yes all defenses can be breached but the problem is when you have a person in the modern era in a neighborhood with LMA to colonial, it gives an extreme disadvantage to the entire neighborhood as 1 person is so advanced they can attack and plunder at will. NO ONE in the neighborhood could possible (without spending hundreds of dollars) put up any defense. At least make the neighborhoods fair, give the people a fair shot at the game. The only people here complaining about this post are the ones who have that great advantage and want to keep it. This is a problem that needs to be fixed

Whether you put up any defense or not is irrelevant. Don't leave anything uncollected and there is nothing else that this player can do. Honestly, I feel kind of sorry for that player. The only goods they can take are ages below them. They won't get many good BP's, either. And the battle and tower points suck. I bet that player would rather be in a hood with more competition as well. But since they are the top person in your hood they are obviously a bully.

DeletedUser10517

No, thats wrong. They can only Attack at will.

Plundering is an entirely separate thing and if everyone always collected their goods on time, there would be no need to worry about losing them.

Even if everyone was exactly the same age in a hood.....you will still have attackers who win every time and they might still plunder.

There is nothing "unfair" about it.

ahsay

I call bull$&(@. I've been attacked plundered many times. I am nowhere near a million in points in any of the two worlds I'm in and even on the day I do hit a million I expect to be plundered/attacked mercilessly. And my reply will still be the same...so what?

So what if I get plundered? I'd be lying if I said that "red shield" doesn't bother me; even if they don't actually plunder, take any goods, I still don't like it but when the shock wears off; I replay the attack...learn what I can and plot to stop it. I've stopped plundering almost every time and remain convinced that if they didn't keep updating the neighborhoods I could figure out how to stop plundering 100% of the time. That's my attitude.

DeletedUser13452

Plundering isn't a problem for me. I collect my city on time. There is another problem with the inequity, though. A player who is on top of a hood by 3 or more ages can attack the entire hood easily and win any tower they desire. The rest of the hood is denied any reasonable chance of competing against this in the towers. It's my understanding that dev has announced they are considering the issue, so I'm willing to wait this out and see what they come up with. :)

Mustapha00

cave, that is, to me at least, a fair point.
All I can say is that, for now at least, looks like everyone will be fighting for second place in those pvp battles.

ahsay

Plundering isn't a problem for me. I collect my city on time. There is another problem with the inequity, though. A player who is on top of a hood by 3 or more ages can attack the entire hood easily and win any tower they desire. The rest of the hood is denied any reasonable chance of competing against this in the towers. It's my understanding that dev has announced they are considering the issue, so I'm willing to wait this out and see what they come up with. :)

Then you don't know how PVP works. You can have 5 BA spearmen and just one armored car...that means you're now playing for the IA(?) tower...so...no winning any tower is not possible with a 2 to 3 level advancement in ages.

DeletedUser10517

Sorry but I dont think you know how PvP works.

No they cant "win any tower they desire".......They have to have the troops for each Tower.

You cant win Iron Age tower if you have any troop higher than Iron Age in your army.

Whichever is the highest aged troop is the Tower you will win points in.............so, if you want to compete in the Iron Age tower, you must NOT have any troop in your army higher than Iron Age.......you can have lower.

And the same goes for your neighbours.
Everyone fighting for placements in the Iron Age Tower are ALL using troops no higher than Iron Age......so they are NOT "denied any reasonable chance of competing".

So yes, someone in the Future Era can fight to win placements in ALL the towers......but they cant use Future Era Troops to do so.
If someone is attacking you with Future Era Troops, they will be gaining points in the Future Era Tower ONLY.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13452

Sorry but I dont think you know how PvP works.

No they cant "win any tower they desire".......They have to have the troops for each Tower.

You cant win Iron Age tower if you have any troop higher than Iron Age in your army.

Whichever is the highest aged troop is the Tower you will win points in.............so, if you want to compete in the Iron Age tower, you must NOT have any troop in your army higher than Iron Age.......you can have lower.

And the same goes for your neighbours.
Everyone fighting for placements in the Iron Age Tower are ALL using troops no higher than Iron Age......so they are NOT "denied any reasonable chance of competing".

So yes, someone in the Future Era can fight to win placements in ALL the towers......but they cant use Future Era Troops to do so.
If someone is attacking you with Future Era Troops, they will be gaining points in the Future Era Tower ONLY.
I know exactly how PvP works and I find it less than entertaining (just my opinion). I believe it was you, Ruby, who was describing how one goes about winning all the towers below them in another thread. Now your going to pretend that nobody knows better and/or it's not so easy? Anybody who plays aggressively and has played for a time long enough to be several ages ahead in a hood, knows exactly how to accomplish this. I stand by my statement. The current PvP platform doesn't offer a fair field of competition in the least. As for me, I simply collect my city on time and ignore that aspect of the game. I do participate in GvG and that often wins towers for me by default. This is another issue...I would prefer the GvG points did not count in PvP. I would like to see a completely seperate platform for the two aspects of the game.

I am in PmE in my primary world and I have had plenty of opportunity to take advantage of lower age players. The truth is, I have no need to do so. I don't need their goods or other resources and I don't get entertainment out of competing against them. I have greater aspirations. The only thing they have that I want is the BP opportunity and that only takes one click

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustapha00

I'm going to guess that the point of contention is over advantages a later era player has over one in an earlier era coming from such things as Special Event buildings that someone who has played the game longer has a greater chance of having than a newer player and Great Buildings that offer military advantages that someone who has played the game longer tends to not only have but to have at a far higher level than a newer player. Both sides might be using, say, Archers, but one player's Archers have +50% offense and defense while the other player's has 3%. It is roughly the difference between an experienced front-line infantry man in WW2 and a replacement straight out of a Repple Depple.

DeletedUser13838

I'm going to guess that the point of contention is over advantages a later era player has over one in an earlier era coming from such things as Special Event buildings that someone who has played the game longer has a greater chance of having than a newer player and Great Buildings that offer military advantages that someone who has played the game longer tends to not only have but to have at a far higher level than a newer player. Both sides might be using, say, Archers, but one player's Archers have +50% offense and defense while the other player's has 3%. It is roughly the difference between an experienced front-line infantry man in WW2 and a replacement straight out of a Repple Depple.

On the other hand, a late age player can't use those early age units to gain points via the continent map while the early age player can. But I do agree with caveman that gvg should be it's own category.

DeletedUser13452

On the other hand, a late age player can't use those early age units to gain points via the continent map while the early age player can. But I do agree with caveman that gvg should be it's own category.
No, but they can hit the GvG map for that age/era and collect many more points than u will earn on the story line continent map.

DeletedUser10517

I know exactly how PvP works and I find it less than entertaining (just my opinion). I believe it was you, Ruby, who was describing how one goes about winning all the towers below them in another thread. Now your going to pretend that nobody knows better and/or it's not so easy? Anybody who plays aggressively and has played for a time long enough to be several ages ahead in a hood, knows exactly how to accomplish this. I stand by my statement. The current PvP platform doesn't offer a fair field of competition in the least. As for me, I simply collect my city on time and ignore that aspect of the game. I do participate in GvG and that often wins towers for me by default. This is another issue...I would prefer the GvG points did not count in PvP. I would like to see a completely seperate platform for the two aspects of the game.

I am in PmE in my primary world and I have had plenty of opportunity to take advantage of lower age players. The truth is, I have no need to do so. I don't need their goods or other resources and I don't get entertainment out of competing against them. I have greater aspirations. The only thing they have that I want is the BP opportunity and that only takes one click

I think there must be some confusion somewhere.

The post you made above suggested that someone higher up.....lets call him a future era player......can win all the Towers below him BECAUSE he has an unfair advantage due to BEING future era and the rest have no chance of winning which is simply not true.

Both myself and another posted have suggested you are not completely familiar with the process........and that just because someone is Future Era level, doesnt mean he CAN win all the Towers.

Yes, I explained how it was done previously.........and I also said that the process of gaining points in every tower was easy enough to do.........Im not pretending otherwise now, nor do I think noone else knows how to do it.

My point, and the other poster's point was.............you might be future era, but you still need troops in every age you want to win towers in and CANNOT use higher aged troops....thus, there is NO unfair advantage (as far as troops go) because all the players competing for Iron Age Towers are using Iron Age (or below) troops....all the player competing for EMA towers are using EMA (or below) troops......etc etc

You said.........
"A player who is on top of a hood by 3 or more ages can attack the entire hood easily and win any tower they desire. The rest of the hood is denied any reasonable chance of competing against this in the towers."

........which is fundamentally incorrect.

DeletedUser13452

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Let me try this.

Last night I logged in a couple hours before My InA tower tower tourney was winding up. I had been in first place for a few days because I was doing some GvG in that Age to support my sister guild. I noticed when I logged in that I was registering in 2nd place. As I've said, I normally ignore this aspect of the game. But several guildies were on guild chat talking about their towers and it prompted me to go back and look at who had overcome my score. In this case, it happened to be a neighbor who was relatively equal to me with their city ( I think slightly ahead). I saw an opprotunity for some fun. I went and released a sector on the InA map and resieged it and began earning points. As I suspected, the opponent was watching the tower and also began bagging some points and we raced to the end of the tourney going back and forth. This was a blast and it was all possible because I had a hoodie with same or similar capabilities. If he/she had been in InA, there's a very good chance they would not have been able to keep up with me (we are both PmE).

My point is this...I have rarely ever had the opportunity to participate in this sort of heated battle where PvP is concerned and its my contention that this is because I have very rarely had more than a handful of players in my hood that are equal in ability. The majority have always been ages ahead or behind and they provide no fair competition. With a hood full of players that could compete on the same level as myself, this sort of thing would happen far more often and I, for one, would be having a blast. :)