• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics Feedback

qaccy

I won the rare forge point package today. The relic is 100fp's, but they are added to the active fp total instead of packs and must be used right then in order to keep producing fp's. I think this needs fixed.

I have also won a rare goods relic and that is 200 of the same good.

To avoid confusion, the relics you're describing are actually 'uncommon' relics. Silver = common, gold = uncommon, jade/green = rare.

Or at least, the rewards you listed are consistent with what I've seen from gold relics.

OldTyme72

I had a rough week of finding relics also but like others have said it's just part of the game.
The part I do NOT like is the end tower & the reduction of % to find a premium deco or supply. (What were they before the change?)
Second week in a row I've won BP's I do not really need. That reward needs to be taken off there all together.

DeletedUser13942

I'm leaning towards scapping this GB slightly above the Notre Dumb, At least RFP gives goods with it's gamble stat. A pure gamble stat with no other bonus is pretty under par imho.
It gives me a chance at a relic, which is a chance to be poor, good, or very good, which then gives a chance that relic is going to give another fair, good or very good prize.
Starting to feel like virtual Vegas. 2 thumbs down

Algona

(This post is not in reference to any other post in this thread.)

I see that the Temple is going to be another source of complaints by people who do not understand probability. Outstanding. It'll give jaelis a chance to educate people.

qaccy

I'm leaning towards scapping this GB slightly above the Notre Dumb, At least RFP gives goods with it's gamble stat. A pure gamble stat with no other bonus is pretty under par imho.
It gives me a chance at a relic, which is a chance to be poor, good, or very good, which then gives a chance that relic is going to give another fair, good or very good prize.
Starting to feel like virtual Vegas. 2 thumbs down

Unlike the Rain Forest, you need the temple to be able to get relics at all. The Rain Forest's bonus is applied to a pre-existing chance, for something that ultimately isn't that useful (who, at the stage where they're able to build a Rain Forest, actually relies on aiding as a source of BPs?). However, the output of relics will average out to being far more than any normal building that can be stuffed into a 6x6 space, especially in later ages. I'm actually more interested in the common/uncommon relics for the goods and FP than I am in the rare relics, and since those are more common it's a clear sell to me.

iamtheemperor

(This post is not in reference to any other post in this thread.)

I see that the Temple is going to be another source of complaints by people who do not understand probability. Outstanding. It'll give jaelis a chance to educate people.

(This post is in reference to any other post in this thread.) :p

I see that the Temple is also going to be another source of complaints by people who do not understand the purpose of GE is helping your guild... not racking up on a bunch of free personal stuff...

DeletedUser14197

(This post is in reference to any other post in this thread.) :p

I see that the Temple is also going to be another source of complaints by people who do not understand the purpose of GE is helping your guild... not racking up on a bunch of free personal stuff...

Why do people keep saying this? Moving up guild levels does not help my guild all that much. We are not a GvG guild. I looked at the benefits of moving up levels and personally it is hard to see how they are worth the cost of opening up levels. The goods requirement is too high to be worth it. Why would my guild care about prestige pool or support pool bonus. The only reason I care about recruitment time is because I am doing GE. Of course everyone likes geetting more fps from the city hall, how many levels does it take to raise the number onefp? Of course buildings being a tad cheaper is nice, but really not something that is that important especially when you consider the number of goods you have to use to open levels to get there. Now why as a non gvg guild is doing GE so benificial to my guild?????? The ONLY reason they open all 3 levels now is because more people want them to because of the temple. Doesn't appear their motivation is to help the guild either, though like me, they probably don't really see GE as to help the guild, just another aspect of the game they are presently enjoying, and most of them just because of the rewards and the temple. Take away the rewards and the temple, and lots of people might quit doing it. If it was a GvG guild, now I could see where it would be extremely beneficial to the guild. My guild, not so much. Not everyone does what they do in this game solely for the benefit of the guild, and if the game wanted the reason for people to do it to be solely for the benefit of the guild, why on earth did the lure us in with a chance of possibly getting a good prize? I know I dont' understand probability, but as a rule, the probability that I will get blueprints and that lichen decor and food printer are off the wall, and the chance that I get anything rare, is non existent, though I did get a tigers den, just to find out everything views it as not worth building, which I still can't understand why and may build it anyway.

iamtheemperor

Why do people keep saying this?

For starters there's this direct quote:
While personal rewards are not really what the Guild Expeditions are about (the primary goal is helping your guild which in the end also makes the game easier for you)...
Which comes from the announcement for the Temple of Relics. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/temple-of-relics.14119/

And of course there's the title of the thing... GUILD Expeditions

And lastly there is the primary reason GE was introduced in the first place:
The primary reason is the fact that we were missing a cooperative feature in our mobile apps, so people playing only on mobile could never really enjoy the great feeling of reaching a common goal. We decided that this should be changed.
Which comes from the announcement for GE. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions.13574/

It is obvious GE is about the guild. It is equally obvious you don't like that and put more value in what you can get personally and directly. That's okay. Each to his own, as they say. I am merely pointing out that people complained they weren't getting enough stuff so Inno is giving them more. But now they are complaining because the more stuff isn't more stuff enough.

DeletedUser14197

Well, maybe people complain because they also are not doing it for the guild as much as themselves. If it is really just for the guild, maybe I should simply quit doing it. I have been undecided if it is worth it. It certainly doesn't not appear to be worth it for the guild, and really it is quite debatable if it is worth it for me personally. Now with people complaining about the temple, I am not sure it is worth getting it. So, we can chalk it up to that they game made GE for guild participation. If you are in a GvG guild, you are likely doing it to get personal rewards AND help the guild. If you are in a guild like mine, you may do it only for the personal rewards. In our guild of 73, 34 have played it so far this week. Only the top 10 have 20k or more. I normally end in the top 3. I was ending normally in first place till the temple came out which seems to have sparked a little more interest. So, let's say the game made it for guild participation, but since there seems to be lots who don't do it for the guild, they complain about the rewards because for them, it is about the personal rewards. So, since we all know that people do do it for the personal rewards and not the guild and the game did dangle rewards in front of them to get them to do it, than lets just say they should be allowed to come on and complain and not be told to quit doing it for the rewards, as if it is a selfish motive, and just do it for the guild. If there wasn't a paycheck, people wouldn't go to work. If there isn't a good reason to do something in a game, they won't do it. There needs to be a reason, or a reward. So they complain here, which is the place to complain. The game gets feedback. News flash, the personal rewards do mean someting to many players no matter if they are doing it for the guild or just for themselves.

DeletedUser9184

A small analysis on the building:
A Shrine of Knowledge produces 1/4 of a forgepoint per space per day. A level 10 Temple of Relic produces (16.25%*48 encounters = ) 7.8 relics per week or 1.11 per day. Now since there's seems to be 5 common and 5 uncommon rewards, I'm assuming there's a 1/5 chance of obtaining a specific reward, so the chance at getting a 20FP reward is 1/5*67.75%, so we'd get an average of (1/5*67.75%*20FP = ) 2.71 FPs per relic from the common reward and (1/5*26.75%*100FP = ) 5.35 FPs from the uncommon relic. Multiplying the relics per day by the sum of FPs per relic gives us (1.11*[2.71+5.35] = ) 8.98 FPs per day or (8.98/36 = ) 0.25FPs per space per day.
So essentially having one in your city at level 10 is the same as having 9 shrines plus you get goods, units, and shrines from it :D (Note that a level 1 ToR still produces 0.18FPs per space per day, so it isn't that bad if you don't level it.)

iamtheemperor

lets just say they should be allowed to come on and complain and not be told to quit doing it for the rewards

At no point have I told anyone to quit doing anything.

as if it is a selfish motive,

Doing something for your own personal gain without regard for others is, in fact, selfish. It's actually the dictionary's definition of the word. Now I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing to be a little selfish in a game. I'm merely pointing out that is the word's definition.

If there wasn't a paycheck, people wouldn't go to work. If there isn't a good reason to do something in a game, they won't do it. There needs to be a reason, or a reward.

I wouldn't go to work for no paycheck either, but this isn't a real-world job. Nor am I suggesting any game stop rewarding personal prizes for playing. But sometimes people do things for the enjoyment of the thing itself. GvG doesn't offer direct personal rewards and yet people continue to play it over two years after its release.

So they complain here, which is the place to complain. The game gets feedback.

And I am giving my feedback.

DeletedUser14197

At no point have I told anyone to quit doing anything.

Doing something for your own personal gain without regard for others is, in fact, selfish. It's actually the dictionary's definition of the word. Now I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing to be a little selfish in a game. I'm merely pointing out that is the word's definition.

I wouldn't go to work for no paycheck either, but this isn't a real-world job. Nor am I suggesting any game stop rewarding personal prizes for playing. But sometimes people do things for the enjoyment of the thing itself. GvG doesn't offer direct personal rewards and yet people continue to play it over two years after its release.

And I am giving my feedback.

Doing GE for yourself, does not hurt the guild, So I don't think it is selfish to do GE for your own personal gain. I have no idea how you can say someone who does it for their own personal gain, does it with no regard for others. If it was hurting the guild to do it for personal gain, that would be a different issue. But, it doesn't at all.

Actually, I don't find level 3 all that enjoyable. I won it easily enough a couple of weeks, but it seems to have gotten harder. I got stuck on battle 13 of level 3 last week and lost lots of troops and still didn't win it, so ended up not finishing level 3. It was frustrating and personally, not fun at all. I have been debating whether to keep doing GE. I hate it that the guild has to pay goods if I choose not to do it, but I do have an arc that donates goods on my behalf. But, I do not find GE always enjoyable. And really last week, it was beyond challenging. I couldn't get better troops or higher bonuses fast. My GBs are already level 10 and it takes forever to level them higher and for very little bonuses. So no, I would say it isn't always enjoyable and I may quit doing it to level 3. I haven't decided yet if I will get the temple either as I may quit GE.

And of course, there are rewards for daily playing this game. My great buildings level up. I do quests, I complete techs, etc.....

You are complaining about people complaining, not about an aspect of the game

Mustapha00

I have to say that I'm torn on this one.

Being that space is at such a premium, and, being that the ToR is 6x6, it requires a pretty big land commitment to place.

However, it potentially offers some terrific benefits, so its space requirement might not be out of line with its benefits.

Being that I am not set up to complete even level 2 of the GE, much less level 3 (no Traz- which seems to be the sticking point for not being able to take on level 3), I'm probably not going to go out of my way to acquire the BPs, but I'll get around to building one eventually. It's just not a right now must have for me.

DeletedUser17558

I do GvG because it is easy and I get lots of battle points. The guild getting benefits is a positive side effect. I do GE because I get personal rewards, and I got the TOR to increase those rewards. If you are an active fighter then why would you not get a TOR? The rewards in the long run are very good.

DeletedUser13942

A small analysis on the building:
A Shrine of Knowledge produces 1/4 of a forgepoint per space per day. A level 10 Temple of Relic produces (16.25%*48 encounters = ) 7.8 relics per week or 1.11 per day. Now since there's seems to be 5 common and 5 uncommon rewards, I'm assuming there's a 1/5 chance of obtaining a specific reward, so the chance at getting a 20FP reward is 1/5*67.75%, so we'd get an average of (1/5*67.75%*20FP = ) 2.71 FPs per relic from the common reward and (1/5*26.75%*100FP = ) 5.35 FPs from the uncommon relic. Multiplying the relics per day by the sum of FPs per relic gives us (1.11*[2.71+5.35] = ) 8.98 FPs per day or (8.98/36 = ) 0.25FPs per space per day.
So essentially having one in your city at level 10 is the same as having 9 shrines plus you get goods, units, and shrines from it :D (Note that a level 1 ToR still produces 0.18FPs per space per day, so it isn't that bad if you don't level it.)
You're winning me over......................

Ylisaveta

I put up a ToR in my least advanced city on the live servers (EMA) this past Saturday. I was already on level 2, and finished level 2 Sunday night with a level 1 ToR. I got 4 relics: premium deco, 25 goods, 200 goods, and 100 fps. Since I was only the second (by an hour) to put a ToR up in my guild, my guildies are currently levelling it for me for bps. Win-win for me, lol. I do not, by the way, expect that luck to hold. ;)

DeletedUser12370

I will build Temple of Relics as soon as I get all the blueprints, missing 3 at the moment. I`m not spending any FP`s to gather BP`s. Only if there are cheap oportunities. Mainly all of my BP`s came from guild expedition.

I`ve heard a lot of negative opinions about TOR - it`s too big, there`s no bonus to the building etc. But I disagree. If there`s anothe Great Buildingn that adds another dimension to the game, why not? This game is all about having fun, there`s no such thing as "best strategy", "the right way to play" etc. This game is about diversity, different approaches, strategies, city layouts.
So I`m happy game developers are adding new features to the game. :)

By the way, I made a video about TOR. You can check it here.

DeletedUser26759

If there`s anothe Great Buildingn that adds another dimension to the game, why not? This game is all about having fun, there`s no such thing as "best strategy", "the right way to play" etc. This game is about diversity, different approaches, strategies, city layouts.
So I`m happy game developers are adding new features to the game. :)

Amen.

For the people that think this is some sort of "selfish" or "not in the spirit of GE"...that's loco. Giving folks another reason to run (and strive to complete) GE is inherently good for the guild.

*shakes his head in disbelief and wanders off*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

So far I won ZERO rewards for the G.E. with the Temple of Relics. I'm one encounter into level 3, and not a single idol. My ToR is level 7 too. I cleaned up when it was lvl 6 and now at lvl 7 it seems useless. I wonder if the lvl 7 is broken, malfunctioning, or wasn't even added to the ToR in the first place.

34 successfully solved encounters with a level 7 ToR and ZERO relics.