• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter!

DeletedUser27889

Why can't you bring back the speaker's corner?
Speaker's Corner will never be brought back. It was given to honor someone who passed away in a special event honoring them. Even in the lotto thread, Speaker's Corner and the Swords are the only two special items you cannot request.

DeletedUser27889

2,500 diamonds for shire of inspiration?? 600 diamonds for land yet land not offered??
is this your new math in play??

Diamond price per expansion goes up as you use them. Even diamond players putting thousands into the game are still restricted by only being able to purchase 2 diamond expansions per era.

Algona

hi
algona
nope wrong
what is a hood shuffler??
i have never heard of it..
so if that was #1 complaint everyone would know what that is..... yikes..

Hmmm. Well. How to phrase this delicately... It ain't my fault you don't know jack about the forums.

Take a little time and try the other other sub forums? Like over in Proposals there is a stickied thread: Do not suggest list (READ BEFORE POSTING) . You might want to review, especially item 11.

I see you avoided the question so I'll ask again.

Where are the posts complaining about Expansions not being given in Events? I mean aside from yours.

You say

it is the # 1 complaint lack of land in the game..

Are you talking about just yourself? If not, try and find some other posters who have complained about no expansions in Events.

nope inno encourages plundering! they want it to be a war game!
i told them to call it war of empires! and that if they did 80% of the players would quit!
again they want it to be a war game so you will get plundered if you have a week defense..
yesterday frost mission was to plunder buildings.. so i had to .. did not want to . inno wants it not me...

I agree with your position on plundering. I didn't say I was against plundering, I said people complain about plundering. A lot.

The rest of your post tells me that you either don't understand 1) how to efficiently acquire available expansions in game, 2) how to plan your city, 3) evaluating/prioritizing/selecting GBs, or 4) that every player has the same restrictions and the successful players have figured out how to work within those restrictions. I'm betting it's all four.

Instead of asking ad nauseam for the easy way out, why don't you try asking good players for help to figure out the real cause of your problems and how to fix them?

Last edited:

qaccy

hi
qaccy
thanks for the feedback
i did not go though all the situations , they will have to pay real money for that..
expansion everyone would go for!! not sure why you think players would not . it is the # 1 complaint lack of land in the game..

if they are one of the lucky few and only a few have all the land pieces it can sit there in inventory like all the other prizes
i have but no land to put them on..

i did not play in 2014 but if you add land you need a way to get the land pieces you added
or why did you waste your time and money to do so in the first place????????

I'm not sure you even read my post. You certainly didn't understand it if you did. Of course people would go crazy over expansions from events, but that's not what I said at all. I said that would be unfair to people who were not playing at the time, or the ones who weren't 'lucly' enough to get whatever amount compared to someone else. I also said that it would be a terrible idea because expansions are not something designed for us to run out of. All that space is available on the grid to last the next 2 years or so, not be made available all at once.

Say it with me now: Research. Campaign map. Medals. Diamonds. That is how you get expansions. This available to everybody, all the time. Expansions are not, and should never be, things you can only get for a limited amount of time.

P.S. If you want to be able to get more expansions than you have room to place, go play Elvenar where it's nigh-impossible to do, but you CAN fill up your entire grid. But you'd probably complain that it was too hard. :confused:

DeletedUser26656

hi
algona
thanks for the replies. i think?
a lot of babbling but on real content.
still did not explain the first thing....proves no one knows what is it.
and read you others post is not an answer!! not sure why anyone would believe that!

they could and should do expansions. no it would not be that you could get 100 pieces of land in 1 shot either...
what is wrong with you?? goto ridicules extremes only makes you a fool not intelligent or a though out answer.. narrow minded..
for the few that could get more land then possible to put down; only so few no worth mentioning...
this is for the mass not 1-2 players!!! ouuuyy
any way not a blog either..

moreover, on watchfires they see that players like them so they raised the price!! greedy Grinches!!
it was 200 diamonds now 600 diamonds!
Was für ein Haufen gieriger Dummköpfe!!

despite my best efforts they are bound and determined to ruin this winter event!
hope you like the coal in your stocking!!

Algona

I take it you couldn't find many (any?) other posters who complained that Events don't award Expansions. Or that you didn't look at the Do not suggest list.

still did not explain the first thing....proves no one knows what is it.

Hmmm. OK. Try these. How about a current Forge Hall thread?

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/neighborhoods.15159/

A current proposal.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ary-plundering-adjustments.15733/#post-122626

A thread supposedly about plundering, but as always any extended discussion about plundering sidetracks into the shuffler.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/help-i-am-being-plundered.13247/

How about four years ago?

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/this-is-so-unfair.1612/

There's dozens more.

Wanna quibble about you not knowing the phrase? Neighborhood shuffler was coined over four years ago as well. hood is pretty common slang for neighborhood, but since you don't read these forums, I guess it's my fault you don;t know it. Oh, wait, my mistake. It is your fault.

Ya know, it's a funny thing, but just because you do not know something, doesn't mean it ain't true.

How are you doing finding those other people who complained about no Expansions in Events? Until you do find oh, say. as many as I can threads about the hood shuffler, I think it's safe to say that this:

it is the # 1 complaint lack of land in the game..

Is at best an unsupported statement and more likely something pulled out of your as..., err, I mean, thin air. Either way, it's demonstrably wrong.

----------

Oh, and to finish my time with you... You can go argue with INNO. I'm sure your juvenile cries of "I want it! I want it! i want it!" will be as persuasive with them as they have been in this thread. Directly from the devs at INNO: Do not suggest list #11?

Do not suggest list
  • additional expansions in any way

Toodles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25412

I was looking forward to the winter event, having heard such good things about it from my guild. So I am sorry to say this has been the worst event since I started. You use up your stars trying to get one of the few good prizes, or about the time you are close to getting it you hit the shuffle. Also the next day the prizes are up for diamonds, but the really good prizes require way too many diamonds just for 1 of them. Diamonds cost real money & for some of us that don't have a lot of money to spend on a game, we are up a creek without a paddle. So as far as I am concerned this event is a bust. The fall event was better than this one.

DeletedUser3485

I don't know why you guys offer items to win if you aren't going to win them. lol Just used up over 300 stars trying to get a wishing well. Got all the presents but WW, including show 2 and double prize and with only 4 presents left; 2 of them being the show 2 presents, got shuffle. This happened twice, third full round basically same thing, but in this case, just ran out of stars. Really trying to think of a reason to even bother doing these events anymore.

DeletedUser27889

Looking ahead a bit Dec 24 (aka christmas eve) quest will give 24 stars the highest in the event. The special will be a SoK, the most coveted item. To me that's a pretty nice present.

For diamond players, the sale kicked in at the perfect time to get extra stars and play for the wishing well and then tomorrows SoK.

With the sale and the high quest reward I think it shows they are thinking about both premium and free players.

There's always a lot of inno hate here but I think they planned this well and maximized the odds for free & paying players to both get the prize they wanted most.

It also maximizes the odds of them making money but in the way they have done it they are still giving free players the best chance of the event on the day they would want it most. If they had wanted to be straight up greedy they would have given the smallest amount of stars the day of a good special and diamond sale, that would have minimized the chance for players to win what they want while maximizing the chance they would buy because they want that SoK.

I might be in the minority here, but :thumbsup: inno

DeletedUser26660

Ok, thanks for reply, let's hope HoFs do show up as this is what it says on main page from Inno about the event...

There is a great number of awesome rewards that you can win. All of the Winter buildings from the previous years will be available again for you to obtain: The Nutcracker, Snow Globe, Festive Tree, Gingerbread House... and all the other ones :).
As mentioned in the video, there are two new festive avatars are available to be won in this year's Winter event (not to mention Frosty's pretty face, if you don't possess it yet). Can you guess our inspiration? ;)

I also don't see anywhere on the wiki page for this event where it says Frosty's avatar can be won as mentioned above, unless I have missed it.