• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Point Cost Reset

qaccy

@RazorbackPirate Why wouldn't it be a valid argument? I think when creating a proposal (properly), one of the fields is 'abuse prevention' and having a check like this in place would fall under that category, right? If an idea has the potential to impact game balance in some way, some measures should probably be in place to limit it. Having these measures doesn't mean that the idea should be automatically out the window. I mean, plenty of things in the game are already like this. The Terrace Farm is a powerful building whose acquisition is limited by the number of GE encounters you have access to and a healthy dose of random chance. But since it's powerful, should it never have been added to the game? How about the Arc? Alcatraz? SoKs? Guild Expeditions as a whole? These are all limited in some way as well, but by the reasoning you just presented, the fact that they 'needed' some sort of limit means they should have never been implemented in the first place, right? That's the meaning I'm picking up here, but I may be twisting words so if I am, I apologize.

Lancer

Early on in my first city I didn't realize how quickly the cost of FPs rise. Whenever I have an massive abundance of coins, and in the process of trying to level up a GB to the point needed to keep the highest contributing place, I will buy around 100 FPs with coins instead of using my FPS packs from my inventory. I'm currently in PME in this world and I'm just about to go into CE, but my next FP will cost me around 280k.

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate Why wouldn't it be a valid argument? I think when creating a proposal (properly), one of the fields is 'abuse prevention' and having a check like this in place would fall under that category, right? If an idea has the potential to impact game balance in some way, some measures should probably be in place to limit it. Having these measures doesn't mean that the idea should be automatically out the window. I mean, plenty of things in the game are already like this. The Terrace Farm is a powerful building whose acquisition is limited by the number of GE encounters you have access to and a healthy dose of random chance. But since it's powerful, should it never have been added to the game? How about the Arc? Alcatraz? SoKs? Guild Expeditions as a whole? These are all limited in some way as well, but by the reasoning you just presented, the fact that they 'needed' some sort of limit means they should have never been implemented in the first place, right? That's the meaning I'm picking up here, but I may be twisting words so if I am, I apologize.
It's not a valid argument, because the type of limits you're proposing is far more restrictive than the availability of a TF or SoK, as the power of what's being proposed is not even close to comparable. Proposing something with this level of restriction right out of the gate just shows how overpowered it is.

Then there's the issue of this being completely unneeded which I notice is that part you didn't address.

DeletedUser11463

Well in one city, I'm at 550K per FP and still have 3.2G of coins. I collect somewhere around 5-10 million each day so if I used all of my daily coinage I would still be able to buy 10-20 FP's per day and not spend any banked coins. I don't even look at what it costs in coins for quests, negotiations, expansions, or tech. 6 million for a tech? 50 million for a tech? so what; it's peanuts when you're at Oceanic, Virtual or SAM.....

DeletedUser

In one of my CE cities, I just spent over 700 million coins on Forge Points. Still have almost 3 million left. :)