• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

jaymoney23456

I just finished Rival on two worlds. On my main I spent a total of 150 farmed diamonds and completed 32/31/32 Rival quests. On my other world I spent a total of 500 farmed diamonds and completed 32/31/32 Rival quests. On both worlds I am at 550+ progress, am almost to Professional League, and have 9 Golden tickets yet to play. Thanks to the @UBERhelp1 video the Rivals were not that difficult and a rewarding challenge.
I have not done that many of the rival quests in any of the times they have appeared and I am a lot closer to Pro league than Trainee league (about 100k under pro league). So, how is it that you are not that much higher than I am if you have done nearly all the rival quests? And if you are apparently so good at the minigame to get so far in the rival quests with spending nearly no diamonds you would think you would have made it to pro league easily given I do very little rival (only got a little past the first milestone to get the hammers in each itteration of the rival)? Could be that you are fudging the numbers a bit in a vain attempt to back your position that the rival quests are easy?????

Pericles the Lion

It still likes to give you a board without the needed color to complete the quest that says to pop x number of this or that color. So, tstar99's post does raise a valid point even if its not technically accurate. So you are wrong as well.
Yes, indeed, it likes to give you a board missing the needed color - 20% of the time.

Pericles the Lion

I have not done that many of the rival quests in any of the times they have appeared and I am a lot closer to Pro league than Trainee league (about 100k under pro league). So, how is it that you are not that much higher than I am if you have done nearly all the rival quests? And if you are apparently so good at the minigame to get so far in the rival quests with spending nearly no diamonds you would think you would have made it to pro league easily given I do very little rival (only got a little past the first milestone to get the hammers in each itteration of the rival)? Could be that you are fudging the numbers a bit in a vain attempt to back your position that the rival quests are easy?????
I am a lot closer to Pro League than 100K and sitting on 9 golden tickets (how many do you have? :rolleyes: ). I average about 11K progress per board and a golden ticket is good for 4-5 boards. This means I have about a half-million league progress in reserve (which should be enough to secure a Pro spot).

1707339915046.png

I didn't say that that the Rival quests were easy, I said that they were "not that difficult".

jaymoney23456

It's called "probability". Five colors taken four at a time - means the odds of a color not showing up is 20%.
there is probabilty and then there is what players actually experience when playing the minigame. It has been way more than 20% chance of having the color missing that you need to finish the rival quest for myself and for other players (others have posted the same thing just here in the forum).

jaymoney23456

there is probabilty and then there is what players actually experience when playing the minigame. It has been way more than 20% chance of having the color missing that you need to finish the rival quest for myself and for other players (others have posted the same thing just here in the forum).
and even aside from that there should not be a situation where you are on a board or better still you start a new board and you have no possibility of making any kind of progresss towards the rival quests that are linked to said minigame.

CDmark

Looking back at Rivals, I see 2 ways to play it,

1) Half in - Just get the L1 Alligator swamp (16 quests), I think that is doable for most and shouldn't cost any diamonds. Even level 1, it is a very good building, red/blue defense which most cities need. I don't think it is possible to get to professional league because those doing the full rivals will move that top 5% bar way up there. You do walk away with some extra boosters too. You should also get gold animal crossing upgrade, 550 paws, but you still need to play it daily using your timer tickets. If you complete Q17, you get 3 tickets, those really help to get 550 progress. Do it 3 times, 9 extra tickets, don't skip it, makes a difference.

2) Go For the Gold (-en tickets) - all in on this one. Getting this one complete has a high probability of spending some diamonds unless you really balance those tickets/coin in quests. I spent diamonds, I always spend some on this event. Completing rivals was easy, WHEN YOU SPEND for coin. I did NOT need to spend for tickets. You come away with lots of boosters and 2 - L2 buildings, especially L2 alligator swamp. I have 3 of them, looking like the Florida Everglades in my city...lol Coming out with 9 golden tickets, lots of progress there. My rule of thumb (FOR ME), 3 good games, rush it, 4-5. I say good games bcs I spend seconds looking, maybe get some better combinations but I don't pause too long. Those seconds add up and I am usually on the edge of 3/4 games.

The 3rd round of rivals, Q23 went from 3 to 2, 6-star chests, that helped a bit.

CDmark

Now one thing I didn't like, the daily specials for all 3 Rivals. You actually get to see 3 of them. There are 3 alts too, mine were as bad as the original DS.

1 - Windmill kit, 250 next age treasury, bamboo bridge
2 - Lotus Lake, Store, Epic 2023 historical kit
3 - Mass aid (really?), Olympic Treasury Kit, Ferris Wheel Kit

Wwwoodchuck

Is the Wildlife event over already? No, it has another week to go yet!

I lost all interest in it weeks ago. How long has it been running anyway? Events are now way too long for me to enjoy having to watch and use tickets every 8 hours then be prepared for a Rival to come up while playing a mini game I really do not care for, then concentrate on Rival while watching GE and trying to participate in GbG, while collecting the city and PvP and the Tavern, quests, MoPo, buildings, messages, life in general, cooking, cleaning, getting some rest, going for a walk, going fishing, talking to the neighbors…

It is just not fun or relaxing to me, sorry. I know there are people who love the constant action of too much to do every day, Bless your Hearts. You folks will love it when Quantum comes to your town! The only thing this building would eventually be doing, is adding more fragments to the 9 pages of fragments I have already that I am not using.

Lothar123

[snip] The only thing this building would eventually be doing, is adding more fragments to the 9 pages of fragments I have already that I am not using.
Agreed. The daily firehose of fragments flying into my inventory is surprisingly annoying. For me, optimizing and rearranging my city is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game, but getting a new 2x2 or 2x3 building every other day or so is more trouble than it's worth, and I've found myself mixing up these new tiny buildings more than once.

jaymoney23456

Agreed. The daily firehose of fragments flying into my inventory is surprisingly annoying. For me, optimizing and rearranging my city is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game, but getting a new 2x2 or 2x3 building every other day or so is more trouble than it's worth, and I've found myself mixing up these new tiny buildings more than once.
its getting to the point of needing an advanced degree im mathematics to figure out which of the tiny buildings are the best lol

xivarmy

Happiness doesn't do anything but boost coins/supplies. No reason to keep your happiness full unless you really need coins/supplies for some reason.
Also angry is cancelled out by 70% coin/supply boost (enthusiastic "multiplier" adds to your boost, not multiplies with it). Which there are a few places you can find it if it is important to you.

Basically any extra effort you put into getting enthusiastic instead of angry you're paying an alternate cost for 70% c/s boost.

jaymoney23456

Happiness doesn't do anything but boost coins/supplies. No reason to keep your happiness full unless you really need coins/supplies for some reason.
Then why have so many buildings that take away happiness? Of course the answer is that its another thing to try to get people to panic and spend on buildings that give out happiness to make up for the negative happiness from all the ones that now give negative happiness.

jaymoney23456

Also, as others have pointed out: it makes no logical sense to have christmas themed buildings reduce happiness when, if anything, they should provide an increase to happiness.

jaymoney23456

The haloween ones reducing happiness makes a bit more sense though I doubt you would find many children who think Haloween is something to be sad about lol