• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

jaymoney23456

As a GBG leader in both my guilds I find the changes to it to my liking. I have learned how to adapt to the changes to get the most out of them in 95% of the seasons. Has INNO purposely made those changes to screw things up. That's a matter of perspective. INNO is a business and needs to make money. So the purpose of the changes is not to screw anyone over but to increase revenue. The alternative would be to dump FoE. That would screw everyone including themselves. Now that would be something to complain about but you would no where to complain. Rock and hard spot baby.!!!!!!
Seems Inno was doing just fine for many years without pushing pay to win that hard. THe main thing that seems to have changed is that Inno is now owned/majority owned by MTG who appear unsatisfied with a solid profit and are intent on milking FOE for all its worth regardless of whether it ends up driving the game into the ground in the longterm.

jaymoney23456

I can answer that for me. I have 2 cities. Both are IND. 2 reasons I don't age up, 1 minor and 1 major. Minor reason is I will be getting into needing 2-lane roads. Relatively easy to deal with. Major reason is in both cities my guilds need to build up treasury goods and is the reason I moved to IND to begin with much sooner than I was ready. Had to jump from LMA to IND in both. But that's me.
There is no actual need for 2 lane roads whatsoever in any age. You can plop down any military building on the edge of your city and even though it never builds since no 2 lane road it still gives units from the traz. Also, can get same age production quests done from a variety of small event buildings so no need for same age production buildings. Goods buildings are esepcially useless compared to event buildings once 2 lane roads are needed for them. I could go on but this should be enough to make my point.

UBERhelp1

Seems Inno was doing just fine for many years without pushing pay to win that hard. THe main thing that seems to have changed is that Inno is now owned/majority owned by MTG who appear unsatisfied with a solid profit and are intent on milking FOE for all its worth regardless of whether it ends up driving the game into the ground in the longterm.
I think you need to work on your timeline. Yes, MTG has only owned 100% of InnoGames since 2022, but 51%+ since 2017. MTG has, therefore, had the majority share of InnoGames for 7 years. There's been no sudden change to make MTG a factor in FoE.

jaymoney23456

I think you need to work on your timeline. Yes, MTG has only owned 100% of InnoGames since 2022, but 51%+ since 2017. MTG has, therefore, had the majority share of InnoGames for 7 years. There's been no sudden change to make MTG a factor in FoE.
Your response is a bit disengenous. You are implying that there is no difference between owning 51% of a company compared to owning the whole thing. MTG has a greater ability to do what it wants with FOE after buying it all than only slightly over half. ALso, I guess its just a coincidence that the huge push towards pay to win (things like the pay pass) started appearing in the same general timeframe that MTG bought all of FOE. lol

Pericles the Lion

Your response is a bit disengenous. You are implying that there is no difference between owning 51% of a company compared to owning the whole thing. MTG has a greater ability to do what it wants with FOE after buying it all than only slightly over half.
A majority shareholder sets the agenda. 51% carries no less weight in decision making than 100%.

ALso, I guess its just a coincidence that the huge push towards pay to win (things like the pay pass) started appearing in the same general timeframe that MTG bought all of FOE. lol
Yes, a coincidence. Regardless, what possible difference does it make? Who's to say that FoE leadership wouldn't have made the same decisions absent the direction of MTG?

Ebeondi Asi

Messing with the percentages again hey Inno? Today several Guild members and myself noted GbG was giving at best 1 attrition for every 3 fights or worse. with all 80% attrition reduction buildings (and typically several more buildings than needed for the 80%) in the mix.
Sadly the opposite never happens. except once in a blue moon for maybe one or two runs out of a hundred.

Pericles the Lion

Messing with the percentages again hey Inno? Today several Guild members and myself noted GbG was giving at best 1 attrition for every 3 fights or worse. with all 80% attrition reduction buildings (and typically several more buildings than needed for the 80%) in the mix.
Sadly the opposite never happens. except once in a blue moon for maybe one or two runs out of a hundred.
You just had some bad luck. I just did 285 fights on 20% sectors. 60 attrition.

1707660547285.png

291 fights, 61 attrition on my other world

1707660795429.png

WillyTwoShoes

Thank you for that confirmation of what I have noticed myself. I just got done mentioning that in another thread.
:)

planetofthehumans2

In a way, QI solves some issues about gbg, and gbg solved some issues of gvg. But I ain't gonna get 500 fights per day on QI that's for sure. In theory, I could get 500 on a 20% to 100 attrition.

Johnny B. Goode

MTG has been a factor in FoE since they got majority ownership in 2017. It's gotten worse (much worse) in the last two years. If you hadn't noticed that the downward spiral started much earlier than 2022, then you just weren't paying attention.

WillyTwoShoes

I have been stewing on an idea for a couple of days and wanted to put it out here for peer review. I want to hold my thoughts on the +/- and see if a few of you come up with the same.

The Idea:

At the Diamond League level of play - reset the cooldown timers at 1 hour.

jaymoney23456

I have been stewing on an idea for a couple of days and wanted to put it out here for peer review. I want to hold my thoughts on the +/- and see if a few of you come up with the same.

The Idea:

At the Diamond League level of play - reset the cooldown timers at 1 hour.
There would be no point to a 1 hour timer in GbG given that flipping the entire map even close to every 4 hours never comes close to happening anymore.

jaymoney23456

I find it very interesting that the one time you complain about something in FOE, you get it wrong. There will always be times when you gain attrition at a faster rate than the stated odds for what your guild has built in GbG. However, in the long term this evens out. I do 500+ batttles nearly every day in GbG and my total fights at the end of a GbG season closely match what can be expected for 80% attrition reduction given the attrition level I typically reach each day.

Edward _MMXIII

back to this nonsense :

Diamond Volcano = pinned to HQ & 3 sector advancement ( flanks & forward ) with #1 Arvahall guild effectively shutting out all other guilds once locks are off .

On an aside , weaker players are now fortified with blue attack / defense stats that the PvP Arena is now impossible to reach crystal .

Way to go MTG / INNO !!!!

jaymoney23456

back to this nonsense :

Diamond Volcano = pinned to HQ & 3 sector advancement ( flanks & forward ) with #1 Arvahall guild effectively shutting out all other guilds once locks are off .

On an aside , weaker players are now fortified with blue attack / defense stats that the PvP Arena is now impossible to reach crystal .

Way to go MTG / INNO !!!!
Its easy still to make crystal league with good attack stats in pvp. Well you also probably need some medals but active players with good arcs should be able to get those. What is true I think is that its basically not possible to get in the top 10 for example if you are in one of the space ages for example (and not in titan or SAJM) since it gives you 3 star opponents that are basically unbeatable if you are in SAAB for example. GbG itself is becomming more and more of a sad joke and a waste of time though.