• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

RIVAL quest - not worth it

JJ597

Quest in Rival to upgrade both Hat and Flower Manager to level 4. I my opinion not spending gold or spending quick promotions. Now if it was to get the shipyard and/or festival manager to Level 4. I'd spend the gold or quick promotions.

Kung.Fu

I feel the opposite.. the rewards were well worth the effort and resources.

you just need to plan it out before you start slamming through GE and the event.

JJ597

you just need to plan it out before you start slamming through GE and the event.
The "ideal" plan is to start a new town when the Rival Challenge started. That didn't happen for me. As to planning out the event, since INNO gave us 4 quests at a time, multiple quests could be worked on at one time. I only clicked on one completed town task, if got a green check mark, collected that quest or two, once got three, before collecting another completed town task.

Sharmon the Impaler

The "ideal" plan is to start a new town when the Rival Challenge started. That didn't happen for me. As to planning out the event, since INNO gave us 4 quests at a time, multiple quests could be worked on at one time. I only clicked on one completed town task, if got a green check mark, collected that quest or two, once got three, before collecting another completed town task.
Best to fight your way completely through GE to GE5 and THEN start Rival with a new town. All the negociate tasks will autocomplete.

Ironrooster

I don't think the final prize is worth the cost in bags of gold (and diamonds to buy them if needed).

I just did as many as I could with my normal play - 16 completed which gives me one selection kit for the Celtic Glassworks. Since I got a level 1 CG as end of town prize this will upgrade it to level 2.

Bezimak

I am disgusted at the Rival Challenges.
Another Inno Diamond spending pull pushed my town completion from 1.5 days to 2.5 days, cost me Pots of Gold, and I didn't even come close the completing the Rival Quests!
The Rival started when I was toward the end of a town so the cheap tasks were already done.
It did not give enough time to recover from that... what a waste.
And getting the main build upgrades are tweeked.
Not in the city end chests.
Not in those stupid rival quests.
And in the task list they are spaced out and they give you... more level 1 buildings instead upgrades!
Really!?
The new owners of Inno have ruined my favorite event.

Ebeondi Asi

Double post? Same post in two threads? Not good.
Rival was fun. No problem. The Rival gives a lot of extras for the Minigame. I was lucky I did not start the Quests until the Rival came up so had lots of pots available.
And now have a lot of the extras left over for next weeks Rival. All good.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

Double post? Same post in two threads? Not good.
Rival was fun. No problem. The Rival gives a lot of extras for the Minigame. I was lucky I did not start the uests until the Rival came up so had lotss of pots available.
And now have a lot of the extras left over for next weeks Rival. All good.
Rival is simply annoying. The stupid looking avatar looks to just be waiting for someone to smack it upside the head too lol
It may be useful to do the GE quests and a few others for pots of gold etc. but the rival is in no way fun!

Sharmon the Impaler

Rival is simply annoying. The stupid looking avatar looks to just be waiting for someone to smack it upside the head too lol
It may be useful to do the GE quests and a few others for pots of gold etc. but the rival is in no way fun!
Common Jay , You were begging for this exact mechanism for months on the forums . This is the best idea Inno ever came up with next to GBG !!!! This game is fun and it's free !!! :)

Ebeondi Asi

It is true. the game is fun, and it is free to play (if you so choose.)
The problem seems to be the fear of "not keeping up with the whales" as if the game is some sort of race to brag how yours is "bigger"
I know a lot of players who have cities that clearly no money has been spent at all. They are happy players. Long time players! And they are satisfied with the game.

Your "huh" indicated this is all beyond your comprehension? Sad.

That is very true. I don't need to get to bronze even I'm happy with just Celtic Tavern and Plat Archdruid. Already got the Archdruid ready for the upgrade in us11.

jaymoney23456

It is true. the game is fun, and it is free to play (if you so choose.)
The problem seems to be the fear of "not keeping up with the whales" as if the game is some sort of race to brag how yours is "bigger"
I know a lot of players who have cities that clearly no money has been spent at all. They are happy players. Long time players! And they are satisfied with the game.

Your "huh" indicated this is all beyond your comprehension? Sad.
The game used to be a lot more fun. Sorry if you are too dull or dense to figure that out and instead try to claim that I am not getting things. Shouldn't be the case where someone can come in and spend a bunch and instantly get a stronger city than a longtime player either. Sad that you cannot comprehend that!

Ebeondi Asi

I like the "instantly"part of your complaint. Anyone spending money still has to do a huge amount of work to get a strong city. The best I have seen (spending and building like crazy Money no matter is a player in Brisgard. In two and a half years he got to Arc 180 in Titan and all three Titan GBs over level 85.
So he spent two years several hours a day to gte a powerful city. If you call that 'instant' ? But yeah he spent a boatload of money. way more than my piddly funds spent. (And then the rumors about The most recent World, Dilmun, with players getting to Future in a day.)
I have a relatively strong set of cities (3) but I play about six to ten hours a day, everyday for four years plus. And yes i spent some money.
Any player who is actively building a city is working hard to build a city. whether they spend money or not.
And the flip side of complaining about players spending money is players freeloading off those who do pay their own way. and also pay for the freeloaders who pay nothing. Oddly the spenders never complain about the freeloaders**. But the freeloaders have a lot of groaning and wringing hands over others spending money. (The same way weak players (who want to stay in their weak Guild) complain about players in strong Guilds who kick butt in GbG. The weak want a free ride or expect to have equal bennies as the strong players. Even as they refuse to do the work to be in a strong Guild.

Then for "The game used to be a lot more fun" part? I guess if you are not having fun anymore.. Not my problem. The game is for me just as fun as it has been for years. I think the difference is "Someone moved the Cheese" problem.
So Humans think they have it all solved., and dang! something changes. So some people just sit and get angry. Some figure out a way to work it out. Some decide to follow along with the folks who decide to stay where they were and complain bitterly that things changed. Some follow along with the folks who go looking for a solution.
This game is just like that. New changes, like GE5 using City defense. WOW, everyone including me was like WHAT??? But some players decided to refuse to take part, and some set to work on solving it. I pretty quickly settled on saying forget Negotiating. It will never be a good solution, and told others who would listen. and gradually a lot of us now can fight through GE 5 with no problem. The three Guilds I am in generally all players in two can do all 80 pretty well, and in the third Guild, (Where there is no longer any requirement to finish GE) about 2/3 do GE 5 to 80 anyway. And the effort to get there was fun..
The new GbG seemed to be similar. some hate it, some have made an effort to work at it. So my three Guillds we are winning the trophies. We all decided to work at it instead of giving up. it has been fun to do. A challenge. and fun.
Since fun is subjective. I suggest to players not having fun to think over their attitude. and realize they are like the idea in Who moved my cheese. It is all about attitude. 100% about attitude. And why I bother to write all this drivel. Maybe (but believe me i doubt it) i can get even one complainer to see the light it will all be worthwhile. LoL

** now yes this is complaining about freeloading true. But it and always has been in response to the complaints about spending money. For myselfI do no care at all that many do not spend. it's IMO a personal thing. and really none of my business.