• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.62 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.62. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser10806

Messaging changes look as though they will be big improvements. Better late than never so well done and looking forward to seeing them in action.

DeletedUser23328

In regards to the tutorials, can you install a cancel button?? Even if we really meant to launch a new world, those of us that have been here for a while really don’t need to go through that whole rigmarole, we just want to start playing.

And speaking of cancel buttons, how about putting one in for mobile devices so we can cancel the launch of a new city? Why do I suggest this you ask? Because the buttons are so close together on mobile devices that those of us with larger hands keep launching new worlds that we don’t want.

lemonwedgie

Why are people still allowed to leave conversations? There are many ocd players who like an empty Inbox ... leaving conversations as the only means of delete will mean lots of threads being re-started un-necesarily.

What should have happened is this: a delete button so that people can clean their inboxes and, Founders/Leaders the ability to remove old members (those who have left the guild) from existing threads so that they can't hop back on when they like, or so that the guild doesn't have to re-start all continuous threads .... what is the real point of "leave conversation" ... why was it implemented in the first place?

Yep ... I am not a fan of the 'leave convo' option. Period.

DeletedUser8796

i see nothing new what a wonderful update! i still have a full 40+ pages of ... left the conversation.... and that stupid flashing button going off every 20 seconds.

lemonwedgie

i see nothing new what a wonderful update! i still have a full 40+ pages of ... left the conversation.... and that stupid flashing button going off every 20 seconds.

O_O you have a flashing light?!? I am SO jealous! My light has not flashed since the new system was installed - I have to guess when I get a new message now. I even started doing a drumroll in my head just before I click the envelope to make it more exciting.

DeletedUser8944

It works on Beta and this wont happen until the 20th so 4 more days of "X Left the convo" :mad: but yes on Beta this update has made it a much better system

DeletedUser8944

yes but it is not registered as a new message or put the top of your list, it works

lemonwedgie

yes but it is not registered as a new message or put the top of your list, it works

Thats an improvement, thanks for sharing your experience. It still concerns me, from a guild point of view, that people can leave convos though rather than just straight delete.

DeletedUser8944

I completely agree, some threads don't prove their worth at first but then become rather useful later on and it disappoints me to see some members leave a convo

DeletedUser2355

Thats an improvement, thanks for sharing your experience. It still concerns me, from a guild point of view, that people can leave convos though rather than just straight delete.

I agree a delete button, that works like it used to is still needed.

DeletedUser13838

Perhaps guild leaders should be able to make some convos non-leavable but surely not all threads need to be like that.

BeccaS69

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.62. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

Hi There! It would be MOST AWESOME if you would give the leadership in a guild the ability to add/remove a member from a message thread. When a member leaves a guild and the remaining members continue to use a thread, the non-member still has access. If we could remove them - then we can maintain our competitive advantage when they go to another guild.

Thanks for the consideration!!!
Becca

DeletedUser7289

We use a simple system in the guild I run: we have a couple of "Do Not Leave" threads (we have others that are leaveable) for Guild Announcements and Essential Information. If you leave them, you've left the guild (I boot you). What amazes me is the folks who've been booted and then say "I never read messages", to which I reply "if you wont even bother to read the messages, you can't be in this guild". It's actually been very good for guild communication. But I'm glad the 'left' alert will be gone for all the other messages.

murrsumm

Hi There! It would be MOST AWESOME if you would give the leadership in a guild the ability to add/remove a member from a message thread. When a member leaves a guild and the remaining members continue to use a thread, the non-member still has access. If we could remove them - then we can maintain our competitive advantage when they go to another guild.

Thanks for the consideration!!!
Becca

Oh, man do I agree with this! That way, continuing messages could actually continue with old members removed and new members added. As it is now, anytime someone leaves the guild or enters the guild, those continuing messages need to be restarted. Depending on how fluid your guild membership is, this must be done several times a week. By 'continuing messages' I am referring to FP Swap messages or GVG announcement messages...

DeletedUser10517

so and so leaving a conversation was only ONE issue.

What about all the other AWFUL AWFUL issues this new system has???

20 line breaks, for example, is far too few...........many guilds need more than this to effectively do Guild Clubs.
It is an absolute PAIN having to break messages up into 4 or 5 separate messages for one club update........and doing this every day is a nightmare!!

Or how about when I want different subjects to the same person........I cant have two separate messages now, as it automatically adds the new message onto the existing message thread.
This is no good if you are wanting to keep tabs on goods or donations for certain things.

Show more messages is also a Pain...........when I want to scroll to the original post every day on several threads, I have to spend ages clicking 'Show more messages'.......really unnecessary.

Put the order of messages back how they should be............as with almost ALL message systems across the Web.
Last message is top of the list, not bottom of the list.

So many issues making the job of guild leaders so much harder...........

DeletedUser11427

I agree completely with Lemon. While this will eliminate the spam from the guilds mailbox, it will NOT fix other problems as Lemon mentioned. I used to have several different subject conversations with individuals. now that is impossible, because you can't enter a subject when conversing with a single person. It all goes on the same thread. I question how easy it will be to spot new messages as well. With the old system, all it took was a quick glance, without having to read anything.