• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Threads need improvement

der Wolfe

I recently ran into a buzz saw when I put fp's into a gb of someone on my friends list. The friend is in a different guild from me and had listed the gb on his own guild's 1.9 thread. I had no idea that was the case and simply added enough fp's to lock in a spot. I got an angry email from the gb owner to the effect that I "owed" him extra fp's because I had "sniped" a spot!

It would be great if the game had a way to notify players that a gb was on a 1.9 thread to avoid such conflicts.

This is supposed to be a fun experience and not something to further stress participants. On the other hand, I could just snipe away and let the chips fall where they may for non-guild members. (After all, isn't it the responsibility of the owner to make sure spots are locked?)

Any comments welcome!

Graviton

Snipe away at neighbors, don't snipe friends nor guildies. I mean, you could snipe friends but then expect the reaction you just got. It's not a friendly thing to do, theoretically it will cost the owner more FPs if you snipe rather than fulfill the 1.9 amount.

I'm not sure what you're asking for here. Inno didn't come up with 1.9 threads, those are a player construct. Inno won't do anything about alerting you to one of those threads specifically, nor make it obvious that a GB is in one.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The solution is to ask. Very simple. You send a personal message and Ask. Why expect someone else to solve your problem? all you should have done, was Ask. Asking solves this problem 100%. Not asking? is what happened. Not asking is mostly just considred one kind of sniping or another LOL
If a person did not ask me, I would do anything in my power to knock them off, and then drop them as a Friend.
If they had asked I would have (usually) said OK (Usually but maybe not in P1 P2 P3 as those I might get a higher than 1.9 depending on the Guid.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

On the other hand, I could just snipe away and let the chips fall where they may for non-guild members. (After all, isn't it the responsibility of the owner to make sure spots are locked?)
This, 100%. Don't let entitled players feel you owe them something they were never promised.

Don't even respond. Let the complaint fall on the deaf ears it deserves.

der Wolfe

...about asking: I have never, ever had anyone ask ME if my buildings were on a 1.9 thread. I assume from this that asking is not a common occurrence, so I did not ask. If I had to ask every potential recipient before dropping fp's on their gb's I would be sitting on my accumulated fp's for a long time spinning my wheels.

As to Graviton's comment that "theoretically it will cost the owner more FPs if you snipe rather than fulfill the 1.9 amount", that's an artifact of the 1.9 thread which "Inno didn't come up with 1.9 threads, those are a player construct" so in my opinion, that's a badly managed thread artificially placed by players.

I'm playing this game for fun and if someone doesn't like me because I give them fp's but not as many as they wanted me to without telling me up front, that's kind of on them, as RazorbackPirate indicated.

I appreciate the inputs one and all!

Ebeondi Asi

Sniping is part of the game. Players who own Great Buildings can defend against sniping if they learn the rules. Generally it is said getting sniped is the GB owners' own fault.
There is no inno made rule about putting FPs on others' GB. But a player should know the need to lock a snipe in. I have gained many free Fps from players who have no ida how to place Fps and hot get bumped. LOL

Last edited:

Ironrooster

I actually have a number of people on my friends list who "snipe" me all the time. Since I don't do the 1.9 thing, I'm thrilled to have people contribute to my GB's.

I frequently get over half the needed FPs from snipers and other opportunists. And if they get a profit out of it, it's a win-win.

Ebeondi Asi

I actually have a number of people on my friends list who "snipe" me all the time. Since I don't do the 1.9 thing, I'm thrilled to have people contribute to my GB's.

I frequently get over half the needed FPs from snipers and other opportunists. And if they get a profit out of it, it's a win-win.
Then you are just what they want. and many others like you so they can make thousands of Fps a day from players who just do not understand.. No problem. You can be fleeced and be happy the players fleecing you are happy too ... win win.

Johnny B. Goode

from players who just do not understand
No, from players who don't care if someone else benefits. Or actually like to see others benefit, especially when it helps them out, too. Other players benefit from donating to my GBs all the time, but I am never "fleeced". I benefit more than they do from their actions. My GB gets leveled faster, and I don't have to put all the Forge Points on it. You have a weird way of looking at things.

...about asking: I have never, ever had anyone ask ME if my buildings were on a 1.9 thread. I assume from this that asking is not a common occurrence, so I did not ask. If I had to ask every potential recipient before dropping fp's on their gb's I would be sitting on my accumulated fp's for a long time spinning my wheels.
I never bother to ask either, people worried about this stuff should always lock their buildings. If I asked then I would never get anywhere because I play at odd hours and would miss out. If someone wanted to make a fuss about it and remove me from their friends list then I really don't care, it is their right to add or remove anyone.

Then you are just what they want. and many others like you so they can make thousands of Fps a day from players who just do not understand.. No problem. You can be fleeced and be happy the players fleecing you are happy too ... win win.
Some of us would rather avoid 1.9 nonsense and have people who actually need BPs get them at low or no cost to themselves rather than the greedy people who already have more BPs than they will ever use. I only keep people on my friends list who either need prints or don't care about how much someone donates, we all can profit off each other if we want. There are rare occasions when a neighbour gets greedy but usually I don't have to worry about this.

Ebeondi Asi

We have different perspectives of who benefits. Not a problem. If you believe you're gettting a good deal, then by all means, you're getting a good deal.
Does not matter to me.
I would say play your own game, the way you like. Do not let me or anyone make you change what you enjoy doing playing Foe. !!! It is for fun, so have fun. All good.

Last edited:

DevaCat

I never bother to ask either, people worried about this stuff should always lock their buildings. If I asked then I would never get anywhere because I play at odd hours and would miss out. If someone wanted to make a fuss about it and remove me from their friends list then I really don't care, it is their right to add or remove anyone.

Some of us would rather avoid 1.9 nonsense and have people who actually need BPs get them at low or no cost to themselves rather than the greedy people who already have more BPs than they will ever use. I only keep people on my friends list who either need prints or don't care about how much someone donates, we all can profit off each other if we want. There are rare occasions when a neighbour gets greedy but usually I don't have to worry about this.
The only thing I agree with here is that if you are using 1.9 to level, lock your spots (not your building). And add me as one who would remove a “friend” who barges in uninvited. That behavior belongs in the hood. If you don’t “get it”, the hood is where you belong - fair game. The 1.9 has been a thing long enough now that all should know what it’s all about.

If some of you prefer to “avoid 1.9 nonsense” that is of course your prerogative, however, let’s climb off that high horse about “greedy people” shall we? In my 1.9 leveling I try to make sure that guild members (and often others) get cheap prints by means of p4 and p5 spots. In cases where p5 pays no fps (attracts no investors usually) I can set it up so that they can get multiple prints for 1 fp - the system won’t let me give them away so that’s the closest to free I can get. Where is the greed?

It’s not entitlement - it’s not greed. It’s just math. I prefer the 1.x method for two reasons. One, when a gb has a properly secured spot offered and I take it, I don’t have to worry about some yahoo swooping in with a snipe that costs me fps. Two, when I prepare and put my gb into a 1.x thread, I am assured of the lowest cost to gain a level on that gb. It’s that simple. Not greed, just math.

Now if you all don’t care or don’t want to bother, that’s your game - but don’t expect me to buy your cowboy bs.

Tony 85 the Generous

Wait until you gbs are between levels 30 and 60. You can use the 1.9 method to level at a cost of a few hundred fp from you pocket, or you can not use the 1.9 and spend a many more hundreds to accomplish the same thing. If one has an arc that is above level 80 and claiming spots in a 1.9 thread, then the contribution is guaranteed to return a profit from fp. Since you are essentially lending fp with a guaranteed full return on the loan plus interest. Only the interest is paid by Inno instead of the gb owner. 1.9 threads are a cheap way to level gbs, and with an arc above level 80 a great way to make more fp while helping guildemates and friends.

I have two types of friend's in my list. I have friends (mostly from 1.9 threads) and players that ask to be on my friends list. The latter I do not know and do not care about. To me they are an extension of my neighborhood and I will snipe them if the opportunity presents. There is a strategy that says to not add friends to your friends list. Friends should be in your guild, and the friends list should be used to track potential players to snipe. Not me, just saying that strategy is out there (right Penguin Pat?).

The Lady Redneck

As far as your hood goes all are fair game for being sniped. As for those who do whine about being sniped ... tough.... it is part of the game. They should take better care of their GBs. But for those on your FL. before simply sniping them look at the previous levels of their GB. If it has been sniped on every level that shows they are ok with being sniped so you can then do so. If it has not been sniped before, leave it alone.

Johnny B. Goode

Wait until you gbs are between levels 30 and 60. You can use the 1.9 method to level at a cost of a few hundred fp from you pocket, or you can not use the 1.9 and spend a many more hundreds to accomplish the same thing.
This is not necessarily true. Since people have learned that I am okay with them donating to my GBs, any one that gets to the "sweet spot" get leveled with very little effort or cost to me. And I studiously avoid 1.9 threads. It just takes 3 or 4 friends/hoodies in the know to get it done.

Angry.Blanket

This is not necessarily true. Since people have learned that I am okay with them donating to my GBs, any one that gets to the "sweet spot" get leveled with very little effort or cost to me. And I studiously avoid 1.9 threads. It just takes 3 or 4 friends/hoodies in the know to get it done.
Share with us how this is done if they are putting less than 1.9 on your GBs,

Meat Butcher

It looks like IronRooster does understand, and it totally cool with the snipe. He gets what he wants as well as the sniper, and like you said in the end win win.
I have spent a lot of time setting up my friends list for players that really don't care about base locking as long as their GB's get leveled they are happy.

Not every player watches every FP added, some players are perfectly happy with logging in once or a few times a day placing all their FP's on a GB and hoping the next time they logged in places have been taken. Those players are who I try to keep on my buddy list, and I also make sure I aid and sit in their tavern coz I don't want to piss off the hand that is feeding me.