• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

a fighting chance

DeletedUser38317

so to everyone defending inno here http://prntscr.com/qvddx9 how can yo explain to me how this is fair, i bought and spent over 1000 diamonds and this is the result, mixing high spenders with low spenders hardly fair or just another way of fleecing more cash out of you

DeletedUser36572

can i get some info on how to get full upgrades for event bgs, with the events going the way they are if you don't buy diamonds well your out of luck

Uh ... Whatever you get that you didn’t pay for is free stuff.
Be thankful for the free stuff you may get.

Thanks

DeletedUser36572

so to everyone defending inno here http://prntscr.com/qvddx9 how can yo explain to me how this is fair, i bought and spent over 1000 diamonds and this is the result, mixing high spenders with low spenders hardly fair or just another way of fleecing more cash out of you

Fair is nothing more than the first four letters of fairytale.

Variables

Dr. Smite

explain to me how this is fair, i bought and spent over 1000 diamonds and this is the result, mixing high spenders with low spenders hardly fair or just another way of fleecing more cash out of you
Are you able to successfully complete the event quests? That's probably why.
As you get better at the game, you won't have to spend money like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falconwing

This is the first Event in since I started playing that I had to spend Diamonds to get the full prize. I was a bit surprised. Always managed to finish without. This time I used the Diamond coach on the last Colossus day (I missed last year, really wanted a Colossus.) and unloaded. Even with the +1 per play, I had to buy an additional 400 D's worth of footballs to get to where I knew I needed to be to finish with the remaining time left. My Niece, who has used only the +1 yard coach the whole time, will finish the event, but will be one upgrade shy if she doesn't spend Diamonds.

Graviton

That's probably why you had to spend diamonds to get a fully-upgraded grand prize, 'cause you're chasing ranking position instead of choosing the most efficient players, yardage-wise.

Super Catanian

and there is another recent event building that gives you a shot at free Diamonds (can't remember which one right now.)
Crow's Nest, a 5×5 Building from the latest Summer Event. Cannot be motivated or plundered. Gives the player a 5% chance of 25 Diamonds upon collecting from it (only at it's maximum level, 8), and gives a shot to other swell prizes as well, including Medals, Goods of its age, or Forge Points.

DeletedUser38275

... and there is another recent event building that gives you a shot at free Diamonds (can't remember which one right now.) ...
The crow’s nest at max gives 5% chance to get 25 diams. (Sniped)

it’s going to be tight, for me as f2p, to max the OT ... maybe this time I’ll skip putting down a non-max building (the only other I missed since started playing was the World’s Fair from last Archeology Event).

Algona

explain to me how this is fair,

Already addressed in previous posts in this thread how this game is completely fair.

Every time the word 'unfair' has been used in this forum has been the person saying something was 'unfair' either did not understand some aspect of the game or made decisions with bad results. Like the decisions that lead to this:

i bought and spent over 1000 diamonds

You've played long enough to acquire 140M + RP.

How can you play that long and not accumulate thousands of excess Diamonds? Especially with a second Diamond Mine city?

Did you chose to not make the free Diamonds available in this game or did you spend all of them without keeping a reserve? Who buys 1000 Diamonds instead of the best Diamond / Dollar purchase possible?

Your cities, play how you want, but quit whining about the consequences of your choices.

It's not INNO's fault you make lots of bad decisions, it's your fault.

DeletedUser38317

this is not about me, but some folks are reily that thick that they caint see the point that some folks on the lower end of a guild just caint afford to spend diamonds so why stick them in the same group as one that got their hands on daddys credit card

DeletedUser36572

this is not about me, but some folks are reily that thick that they caint see the point that some folks on the lower end of a guild just caint afford to spend diamonds so why stick them in the same group as one that got their hands on daddys credit card

I think the point being expressed about the “fairness” of the conditions, is best addressed through the absence of attempting to handicap results that support variables that are player driven and not game generated.

Do you want Inno to give the special needs players more free stuff, or would you care to have them call their dads and request a credit card for them?

Fairness is measured by removing variables (what you don’t do), not simply the desire to achieve success for the lowest common denominator. Rolls Royce or Bentley aren’t necessarily unfair, just because not everyone who drives can afford their cars.

There is not a single Event I have participated in since the first day I joined the game, where I didn’t get something free for my effort.

Thanks For The Free Stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Love the faux altruism. Not about you, sure. So your complaint is that even after using daddy's credit card you still didn't get a higher league rating than those who spent nothing? I don't even understand your complaint.

With so many variables in this event, coaches, players, etc. it was easy to get distracted by all the shiny prizes and lose sight of the goal. That is by design. It forces each player to choose a strategy based on their individual needs and wants. Unfortunately, you chased/chose a strategy that will now leave you short on the main prize, now needing diamonds if you want it all.

If you chose players based on what they offered as prizes or DS%, not how many yards per football each player ran, then you'll end up short of the upgrades needed for a level 9 OT. However, along the way you got more valuable prizes. You also needed to choose the 'Progress Coach' or diamond coach in order to get the full yardage needed to get the full number of touchdowns required for all those upgrades.

If you chose any other combination, you traded yardage/touchdowns for something else. Doing so got you all that 'something else', but you'll fall short of all the upgrades needed to max out the OT. I, on the other hand, will get a maxed out Olympic Treasury for free, but I got crappy prizes from the players along the way. Medals, blueprints, units, boosts and fragments, I don't need or won't use. A whole bunch of 'who cares' AD fodder in exchange for a level 9 OT.

It sounds like you went for a bunch of great prizes along the way, but will now fall short of a level 9 OT because of it. Sorry you now have buyer's remorse. I guess you'll know for next year and the next event.

The Lady Redneck

OK thathurts.... This might hurt.... First of all my Daddy has been dead and gone a long time. So no CC available there. But even if he were not, I would not DREAM of going crying to him like some spoiled brat because I could not get the same amount of candy as some of the other kids in our neighborhood. Also this is a game for grownups. And grownups do not think they have an auto entitlement to get everything handed to them on a plate. They know they have to work and even pay to get some of lives little advantages and luxuries. But in this game INNO has been generous enough to make it so we can get all the goodies by either getting our butts in gear or spending to avoid doing that. OK it take longer to get some stuff if you have to work for it, but so what? This is only a game. The choice is yours.

DeletedUser36572

The crow’s nest at max gives 5% chance to get 25 diams. (Sniped)

it’s going to be tight, for me as f2p, to max the OT ... maybe this time I’ll skip putting down a non-max building (the only other I missed since started playing was the World’s Fair from last Archeology Event).

There’s always next year, I can finally put in a fully upgraded Colossus that was missing one Upgrade from maxed.

Algona

Of course it's about you. You're the one complaining about your situation. You posted that you spent the money. your picture of your League placement.

It's my credit card. Never touched it for this game. Currently 21K+ Diamonds, all Diamond Expansions bought for 2 CE and 1 EMA city, Diamond collect all 3 every day.

If somebody 'reily that thick' as me can acquire and sace free Diamonds, the question becomes why can't you?

Why can't you?

folks on the lower end of a guild just caint afford to spend diamonds

Low Era Campers. Guilds with Era minimums. Small and one player Guilds. Players not in Guilds.

Who is the one 'reily that thick' in this thread? Every person in that group, no matter how far advanced, experienced, rich, would qualify for an easier time if you got your way.

Stupid, stupid idea, so easily abusable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

If you chose any other combination, you traded yardage/touchdowns for something else. Doing so got you all that 'something else', but you'll fall short of all the upgrades needed to max out the OT. I, on the other hand, will get a maxed out Olympic Treasury for free, but I got crappy prizes from the players along the way. Medals, blueprints, units, boosts and fragments, I don't need or won't use. A whole bunch of 'who cares' AD fodder in exchange for a level 9 OT.

Your post contained a lot of good tips.
I could also add an additional benefit of choosing lower prize opportunities with better yardage.

Since Daily Special Prizes can be extremely beneficial in some cases, and although the chance of winning them may be reduced picking shorter yardage, you can sometimes double the number of opportunities to win.

This can result in actually gaining more Daily Special Prizes of any particular type, should you conserve footballs for one or two particular days.

Example:
If they pick shorter yardage, but end up getting 12 Shrink Kits one day, for the 10 Wishing Wells they get another day, the OP’s Diamond Farm may actually become more productive.

There Is A Strategy To Everything In This Game

wolfhoundtoo

Even if you can't get the max building for free (which I don't think isn't true but I didn't run the numbers) it's a free game. You get to play the game for free because players spend money to pay Inno. It's only free so long as you decide not to spend money so if you aren't happy that you spent money then that's on you for spending it. As for somehow imagining that players that spend money and players that don't should get the same benefits then why would anyone spend money?

There's plenty of good tips in this thread for how you can proceed in the future to obtain your goals but I'll add that you might want to start playing the beta. You'll get practice at these events and you'll have get some idea on how to maximize your event goals. You can also ask in the forums as there are plenty of players who will do the work for you and quite freely share the best way to play the event.

Note that I'm not defending Inno because they haven't done anything wrong to defend against as the game quite plainly doesn't require a player to spend diamonds although it is structured to get a player to do so (that is Inno's business model). :eek: