• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

An interesting strategy...

DeletedUser31592

If you've never played in a new world, leveling Arcs is much more difficult due to the competition for BPs and the lack of big Arcs to get BPs from. Sniping can be rough. I sniped first on someone's Arc and they aren't happy. I get it- I don't necessarily like doing it, but you kind of have to to move forward. Anyway, I thought I'd share their game strategy with y'all.

arc1.JPG

Arc goods, if you can find them, are a minimum of 1500 FPs. So he is threatening to delete his level 16 Arc in order to teach me a lesson.

Since my Arc is only at level 19, the snipe is at a loss to me. But the cost per BP was worth it (I will generally go for anything under 20FPs per BP.)

Due to my snipe, he got an overinflated amount of FPs for many of the remaining spots. If he is mad, it should be at them for not locking up 1st!!!

upload_2018-6-28_9-24-32.png

The rest of my message told him to put his big boy pants on because he is going to get sniped a lot as he levels it.

Freshmeboy

Amazing....This is why sniping gets a bad name...not because he received 324 fps for FREE but that his buddies got aced out of the top spot. The better lesson here for new players is to realize the Arc is a beast unto itself and the most valuable (and rewarding) in the game....Manage your GB, cover your guildies butts if needed and explain they need to lock it in or lose it.....

ODragon

The whole "give me 1.8 or 1.9" or some random threat is really annoying. I literally had someone complain because I put on 7 FP instead of 9 FP. I told them to defriend me if it was that much of a problem.

"You're costing me FPs"!

RazorbackPirate

Sniping doesn't exist in my mind. No one is entitled to any spot on any Great Building. The spot is yours when and only when you lock yourself in it so no one can surpass the amount of the FPs you donated.

This. I wish I could hit the like button more than once.

Lock it, or lose it. If you didn't do the first, don't get mad about the second. You can't lose something that was never yours.

DeletedUser32389

Sniping doesn't exist in my mind. No one is entitled to any spot on any Great Building. The spot is yours when and only when you lock yourself in it so no one can surpass the amount of the FPs you donated.

I feel like a good guild mate would allow someone else a spot if they're working on getting an Arc, but outside the guild I couldn't agree more.

Lock it, or lose it. If you didn't do the first, don't get mad about the second. You can't lose something that was never yours.
^^THIS ^^

DeletedUser31592

He hasn't deleted it or responded again.
Honestly, I kind of hope he deletes it, lol.

I had someone demand my full Arc boost in my main world a few weeks back (it still isn't level 80 yet and it was in the 70s at the time- close). He threatened to attack me everyday if I didn't. I told him to knock himself out. After not plundering anything worthwhile, he quit after a few days.

DeletedUser29623

He hasn't deleted it or responded again.
Honestly, I kind of hope he deletes it, lol.

I had someone demand my full Arc boost in my main world a few weeks back (it still isn't level 80 yet and it was in the 70s at the time- close). He threatened to attack me everyday if I didn't. I told him to knock himself out. After not plundering anything worthwhile, he quit after a few days.
Why would he feel entitled to your Arc boost?

Mustapha00

It all depends, I suppose, on the psychology of the player.

I have to admit that it does annoy me when I get sniped by other players, but I realize that it's a part of the game.

On the other hand, I can't begin to tell you the number of times when even 1 more FP contributed would get me out of 6th place, and thus no rewards, into fifth, fourth or even third with the rewards that go with those spots, but to do so would mean I sniped a Guildmate, and that's something I wouldn't intentionally do.

DeletedUser32973

Is this just a random neighborhood or friends list dude you have no deals with? I could understand if this was within an arc group or something where everyone has an arrangement, but if you're outside the group it's free reign imo. Keep at it JCera.

DeletedUser31592

Is this just a random neighborhood or friends list dude you have no deals with? I could understand if this was within an arc group or something where everyone has an arrangement, but if you're outside the group it's free reign imo. Keep at it JCera.
Random friend I've never dealt with. One of the guys I knocked out of spot has knocked me out of spots being added to via swap groups at least a half dozen times. So it was sweet revenge to sabotage him, lol.

DeletedUser31592

It continues...
upload_2018-6-30_0-35-36.png

The link is showing Arc goods. But who knows what account it is from. Or maybe he has paid for more. I don't even care.

S is another player- and contributor- to the Arc. They almost always have a reward spot on the other's GBs. It very well could be a push account situation. Owner has 9 worlds. S has 5 worlds. All of S's worlds overlap with owner's worlds. Owner is higher ranked and has a longer history according to the DB but in this world, S has a significantly higher ranking. S also acts like a know it all. S guild hops and has been in ours- I couldn't stand him but a few people were big fans. He came off as an arrogant know-it-all. I may report this for Inno to look into. (Although they never did anything when I reported someone who flat out admitted to having multiple accounts....)

I don't exactly get what he is threatening me with (other than deleting the Arc). I don't know what the 'good job S will do on me' is.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-30_0-16-19.png
    upload_2018-6-30_0-16-19.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

Triopoly Champion

This is the type of scenario I enjoy the most. Deleting an Arc is way undermined as some players deleted their entire city because of me.

1 player named Sunnypelt said she was always better than me in this FoE game, I told her to prove it. She deleted her entire Mount Killmore town because my Colonial city went over 1M. She left her very last message: "if a noob like you can get over 1M in CA, this game is a total trash."

324 forge points don't seem to be that huge, look how many coins I have -
Forge of Empires - Coins and Forge Points.jpg
Forge of Empires - Sunnypelt deleted.jpg

Last edited: