• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Contest Feedback

ADM2010vet

So I took a screen shot, edited it, but got an error message when I tried to upload....so is there a specific format? trying to upload .png file, does it need to be .jpeg?

Emberguard

So I took a screen shot, edited it, but got an error message when I tried to upload....so is there a specific format? trying to upload .png file, does it need to be .jpeg?
If the image is too big it won't upload

JPEG should be a smaller file. If that doesn't work you can either use an external host or reduce the size of the image resolution

DeletedUser32348

I could upload the whole image some hrs back. .
but not sure about this one.
is it same for everyone after posting the image?Forum 1.jpg

DeletedUser38967

I'm having the same problem. Tried jpg, png, and gif and I'ved tried them all in Chrome and Firefox. The error is "The Following Error Occurred: There was a problem uploading you file." and then it lists my image name. I have to X out of the error, but no upload. I'ved tried Upload a File on both the regular reply box and the "More Options" reply box thinking maybe there was an issue with the page. Nothing seems to allow me to upload an image. (but I can upload an error screenshot to this reply page).

Attachments

• 2019-04-17_9-36-15.gif
    2019-04-17_9-36-15.gif
    129.7 KB · Views: 19

Emberguard

I'm having the same problem. Tried jpg, png, and gif and I'ved tried them all in Chrome and Firefox. The error is "The Following Error Occurred: There was a problem uploading you file." and then it lists my image name. I have to X out of the error, but no upload. I'ved tried Upload a File on both the regular reply box and the "More Options" reply box thinking maybe there was an issue with the page. Nothing seems to allow me to upload an image. (but I can upload an error screenshot to this reply page).
Try reducing the size of the image. I find canvas sizes below 1,000 x 1,000 pixels tend to work (or use an external image host)

DeletedUser28099

I don't like the first day's challenge. This is a strategy game. If all the other "quests" are like this one i will ignore all of them.
I'll bet you pesos to pizza (I'm on a diet, so I can't bet dollars to donuts) that they don't even care about correct answers; they'll just randomly select from among the people who responded. Anything else would consume too much time.

DeletedUser39058

Forge is turning 7! Please leave any questions below if you have any regarding the forum contest :)

Check the announcement out here.

Thanks!
Richard
I can't seem to get the response area to work - nothing is clickable. What do I need to do to activate it?
Never mind, found the one that works at the bottom of the page. Should maybe get rid of that image of the interface or make it more obvious that the first one it is just an image of the reply interface - makes it confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18342

This is completely beneath the creativity & "innovative" aspects that I expect from FoE ! Seriously !!!!! Have the Game Designers run out of ideas ? Is everyone on Holiday ? Terrible waste of time.............

DeletedUser39124

Forge is turning 7! Please leave any questions below if you have any regarding the forum contest :)

Check the announcement out here.

Thanks!
Richard
I am having trouble uploading my differences on day 1. I am on a MAC, in Chrome and am trying to upload the picture with the differences circled, the upload option is not working. I do not have Microsoft paint. Help !!!

DeletedUser39139

I'm not able to do anything in the text box to upload. I've tried different browsers, cleared cookies and cache and still can't even click int he text box to send my answers

DeletedUser39139

I am having trouble uploading my differences on day 1. I am on a MAC, in Chrome and am trying to upload the picture with the differences circled, the upload option is not working. I do not have Microsoft paint. Help !!!

I'm having the same exact problem, but I'm on Windows on Chrome. I've also tried Firefox, but same thing, I cannot click to upload

DeletedUser32211

This is too complicated for the very small chance of winning. Please make contests self contained. Having to download something, work on it is a different program, then upload it again my work for the youngsters but not for this old guy.