• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

Freshmeboy

By all means Emperor, play as you wish..One thing I always stress to new players or low age players is to take advantage of these events. Creating room in your city for these monster freaks will lead to accelerated GB and inventory growth. Enjoy the rest of the game...

Algona

I won;t tell you how to play the game, your city, your choices.

But since you are asking INNO to change the game, I will argue that the change you want comes at a much higher cost than any possible benefit. That cost will become ever more expensive the farther you advance in Era.

Please quit asking INNO to get rid of the Happiness offset for Pop SBs.

My reasoning is in the spoiler block.

I wasnt implying that hapiness was the main benefit of the Airship, it was just a benefit.

You did not imply it. You say it explicitly calling it 'another happiness event building'. and mention no other aspect of Airship.

another hapiness event building is just obnoxious. This building is just so average and not special or useful in the least.

You repeatedly object to this aspect of Airship even though the buildings you extol, Bridge and Train, are also Pop SBs with Happiness offset.

i honestly dont see how in higher eras there could be a happiness shortage because there are so many happiness GBs and event buildings

I get that you don't see it. Here's how to demonstrate it. Use the wiki to look up the Pop and Happiness for your Bridge and Train. While you are there, look at the Happiness and Pop of those buildings in Eras higher then yours.

How much space in your city or how many FPs on your Hagia will you have to spend to make up for that Happiness if those SBs didn't provide that Happiness? What about if you were 5 or 10 Eras further advanced? How many lvls do you want to have to tack on your HS to pit in each Pop SB that doesn't come with Happiness offset?

While acquiring the means for more Happiness is never difficult, devoting city space is always a significant factor. If it's a GB then the FPs to level it are also a factor.

i wish they wouldve replaced the hapiness with something more useful.

Replace Happiness with what Resource?

That Resource will come a t the cost of having to acquire, buy, place, spend FPs, or some combination to create the Happiness needed to offset the Pop that comes with that SB.

How can that replacement Resource be worth that cost?

How can itat replacement be 'more useful'?

Aggressor

You did not imply it. You say it explicitly calling it 'another happiness event building'. and mention no other aspect of Airship.

No, i stated that it had happiness, youre just assuming that i meant that it was the main benefit.

You repeatedly object to this aspect of Airship even though the buildings you extol, Bridge and Train, are also Pop SBs with Happiness offset.

My point exactly, all of these pop gbs are the same, population and happiness. I wish they could come up with something different.

How much space in your city or how many FPs on your Hagia will you have to spend to make up for that Happiness if those SBs didn't provide that Happiness? What about if you were 5 or 10 Eras further advanced? How many lvls do you want to have to tack on your HS to pit in each Pop SB that doesn't come with Happiness offset?

0 because of all of these Pop SBs that offer happiness. Im not opposed to SOME pop SB having happiness, but all of them having it created a surplus of over 8000 happiness for me.

While acquiring the means for more Happiness is never difficult, devoting city space is always a significant factor. If it's a GB then the FPs to level it are also a factor.

Replace Happiness with what Resource?

Maybe a military boost or something

That Resource will come a t the cost of having to acquire, buy, place, spend FPs, or some combination to create the Happiness needed to offset the Pop that comes with that SB.

Not when you have the surplus of happiness from all the other Pop SBs.

How can itat replacement be 'more useful'?

It can be more useful because at this point the happiness is so useless that ANYTHING is more useful accept maybe coliseum prints.

In conclusion, i simply want a variety in SBs, not just the typical Happiness and some goods and fps and maybe population

Algona

Nice touch making it difficult to quote you. With the really nifty added feature that you can change what you said without an edit stamp showing up.

You already added stuff since you posted the first time.

----------

Anyway, got it.

You wan Happiness removed because you're bored with the current trend in SBs and don't believe Happiness can be a problem.

I don;t want the Happiness removed and I do believe that Happiness can be a problem.

That about sum this up?

Aggressor

Nice touch making it difficult to quote you. With the really nifty added feature that you can change what you said without an edit stamp showing up.

You already added stuff since you posted the first time.

----------

Anyway, got it.

You wan Happiness removed because you're bored with the current trend in SBs and don't believe Happiness can be a problem.

I don;t want the Happiness removed and I do believe that Happiness can be a problem.

That about sum this up?

Yep just about, also my "Nice Touch' was not to make it difficult to quote me, its because im new here and dont know how to break the quote into several parts. And i added stuff because i forgot to finish typing when i posted it. But yeah, i guess that sums it up :)

qaccy

If you have a happiness issue above CE era, you are doing something wrong.

There was a pretty long stretch of events where Inno wasn't really putting happiness on anything that was worth building. Most main event buildings in 2019 provided substantial amounts of population. I lost baseline enthusiasm in SAM because of these event buildings, until the Winter Train came along and I was able to use train cars to get it back.

Of course, happiness as a concept is kind of antiquated by this point. The stuff it boosts isn't really super relevant to late-game players. Besides, there's the tavern bonus which arguably makes building for happiness at all kinda pointless.

RazorbackPirate

I guest the event is mainly designed for building a level 11 airship without spending any diamond, am I right?
Yes. You are correct. The secondary benefit is the ability to get various Daily Specials, in my case 8/10s of the way to a second full World's Fair. Depending on how efficiently you're able to use your tools, you may end up with a partial second Airship, but in order to take a second Airship to level 11, you will need diamonds.

planetofthehumans2

Yes. You are correct. The secondary benefit is the ability to get various Daily Specials, in my case 8/10s of the way to a second full World's Fair. Depending on how efficiently you're able to use your tools, you may end up with a partial second Airship, but in order to take a second Airship to level 11, you will need diamonds.
I got the second airship from the idol rewards, but I don't have enough upgrade kits to even get my first ship to level 11. Somehow I'm one short. I have 0 silver clay tablets but 2 gold tablets so I cant do that achievement. I also spent 2000+scrolls to buy the big pack of tools and spent 300 tools to not even get 1 daily special. ‍

Nobody take me to vegas, hot damn dude.

RazorbackPirate

I got the second airship from the idol rewards, but I don't have enough upgrade kits to even get my first ship to level 11. Somehow I'm one short. I have 0 silver clay tablets but 2 gold tablets so I cant do that achievement. I also spent 2000+scrolls to buy the big pack of tools and spent 300 tools to not even get 1 daily special. ‍

Nobody take me to vegas, hot damn dude.
Your last one will come from completing the event questline. Check your progress and you will see you've got one more coming when you complete the last quest. Most people will not get the tablet achievement. With the rarity of the Gold and Silver tablets, the chance of collecting them all is slim. Don't know what to say about the daily special other than the RNG is not breaking in your favor. I've received 8 so far, I still need 2 more for a full World's Fair.

DeletedUser35836

Why is the Gondola Dock Market a daily special when it never was in beta? When is the checkmate square going to be a daily special?

DeletedUser40925

Why is the Gondola Dock Market a daily special when it never was in beta? When is the checkmate square going to be a daily special?

Changes in daily prices between beta and live severs occur now and then. Doesn’t happen in every event but it did happen before, so it’s not completely uncommon. I hope it wasn’t in place for the checkmate squares :). As to when they’ll show up, nobody will be able to tell you more than within the next 8 days or not at all.

aghiv

No one knows unless they work for Inno, and they aren't saying. I really hope the Gondola Dock Market was swapped for something useless like the Victory Tower upgrade or Balloon Site, but I'm starting to get concerned. In my main world I haven't even started digging yet b/c the only thing I want out of this event is a ton of Checkmate Squares.

DeletedUser40925

No one knows unless they work for Inno, and they aren't saying. I really hope the Gondola Dock Market was swapped for something useless like the Victory Tower upgrade or Balloon Site, but I'm starting to get concerned. In my main world I haven't even started digging yet b/c the only thing I want out of this event is a ton of Checkmate Squares.

And you’re not the only one with that strategy :) still 8 days to go, I wouldn’t be too worried. That’s more than 1/3 of the event ahead of us.