• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

aghiv

And you’re not the only one with that strategy :) still 8 days to go, I wouldn’t be too worried. That’s more than 1/3 of the event ahead of us.
Let's hope so. Dangling such a good building in front of us on beta only to not offer it on live would be very....frustrating, to say the least.

DeletedUser32973

I'm starting to feel like a dunce waiting for the checkmate square. If it doesn't get offered soon (if at all) it'll be difficult to do many side quests. This may end up being a lesson to not pay attention to beta daily specials anymore.

DeletedUser35836

No one knows unless they work for Inno, and they aren't saying. I really hope the Gondola Dock Market was swapped for something useless like the Victory Tower upgrade or Balloon Site, but I'm starting to get concerned. In my main world I haven't even started digging yet b/c the only thing I want out of this event is a ton of Checkmate Squares.

‘Same here. The ONLY reason I‘m playing this event is to pick up multiple checkmate squares, I have zero interest in the airship, but as time passes this looks more and more like a bait and switch.

Agent327

Nonsense, you can also put in in the Antique Dealer to sell. At least then you'll get some currency you can use for a good building.

Still can't plant it on the map and for some it can be a good building. It gives more happiness than most regular buildings, so if you need happiness it comes with extra benefits. A 6% supply boost in the early ages is not bad at all.

qaccy

‘Same here. The ONLY reason I‘m playing this event is to pick up multiple checkmate squares, I have zero interest in the airship, but as time passes this looks more and more like a bait and switch.

Inno's not really at fault if you look at beta prizes and expect them to be the same as what the live servers get.

As for me, I've been holding out for Sentinel Outposts but at this rate, I think I may get a move on just so I can still have time to work on the tablet stuff. Get some stuff to turn in at the Dealer, I suppose!

DeletedUser35836

The normal pattern is prizes offered in beta are offered live, just not at the same days. Inno support confirmed this yesterday. Same reason why I do not expect the sentinel outposts to appear in this event.

Since this Indicates that a prize offered in beta will be offered in the live event at some point, then I expect the checkmate to appear. If it doesn’t, then my trust In the game has been violated. I’m sure many others feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42532

Pass on the side quest hope in hell of getting them all. Waste of resources when you have to buy Fp's 8 different times to finish 8 different quests all asking to complete the same thing at different times.

RazorbackPirate

The normal pattern is prizes offered in beta are offered live, just not at the same days. Inno support confirmed this yesterday. Same reason why I do not expect the sentinel outposts to appear in this event.

Since this Indicates that a prize offered in beta will be offered in the live event at some point, then I expect the checkmate to appear. If it doesn’t, then my trust In the game has been violated. I’m sure many others feel the same.
The normal pattern is that things that happen on Beta tend to change when they go live. Had you not looked at the list of Daily Specials offered on Beta listed on a non-Inno website, you'd have no idea what Daily Specials might or might not be offered on the live servers. As for Inno support, they're players just like you and me. They have as much information about what will be offered as you and me. Which means in reality, they have no idea what may or may not be offered just like you and me.

While I can understand disappointment if they're not offered based on the expectations you created based on the list from Beta, should they not appear, there's no trust that's been violated. To say so is laughable. Inno made no promises, explicit or implied, that Checkmate Squares would be offered as a Daily Special. No where in the announcement are CSs even mentioned.

If you want to get technical, Checkmate Squares have already been offered as a part of the Mystery Chest during the May Madness sale which contained various Tool combinations for the event or a checkmate square. In fact, the last offer of the Mystery Chest was even offered for 24 hours, a full day. As a special. For a day. A daily special perhaps?

I get disappointment, but anything beyond that is you stoking the drama. It's a free event with free prizes. Any expectations beyond that are on you. Not Inno. Besides, It's not like you won't have access to more Checkmate Squares after the event. They're a regular offering in the AD. I can understand players hoping to get 10-15 of them during the event. I can also understand, given their power and desirability, Inno not wanting players to do so and offering them for diamonds instead.

Whatever ends up happening, it is what it is. Inno never promised them, they are under no obligation to deliver them.

Last edited:
Pass on the side quest hope in hell of getting them all. Waste of resources when you have to buy Fp's 8 different times to finish 8 different quests all asking to complete the same thing at different times.

You can bundle multiple side quests together. It will need a bit of planning.
For e.g. if you opened up 6 clay tablets for quests, and you know 4 of them will ask to buy 'x' number of fps, you continue normally with the quest progress. You stop the progress the moment you see 'buy x fps'. Continue to fulfill conditions for other quests and bring them to 'buy x fps'. Once all your quests are lined up on same condition, you clear all of them by buying fps just once.

It also applies to 'collect x coins/supplies/units/goods' 'finish x number of 4 hrs collections' and what not.

Agent327

How can it be bait and switch if no bait is used? Did they put in the Announcement that you can win checkmate squares?

That isn't the normal pattern and if Support confirmed it they are wrong.

It does not indicate anything and by now I am really starting to hope the checkmate square will not appear.

I am willing to bet that every crybaby will claim never to buy diamonds again.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35836

I say again - support told me what appears in beta in events will appear live just in a different order. They didn’t say squat about prizes sometimes not appearing that did appear in beta, So that is a confirmation that what is in beta is an advertisement to what is coming, but then again the appearance of the Gonoda market means a prize in beta will not appear (or at least not as many times as it did live)

I should add this same discussion over the checkmate squares is going on the .en forums and probably every other FOE forum - you don’t think Inno is aware what is going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

EDIT Thanks qaccy! As qaccy points out, memory failed me here. I refer to last years Archaeology Event. That should have been last year's Halloween Event.

Waste of resources when you have to buy Fp's 8 different times to finish 8 different quests all asking to complete the same thing at different times.

My experience is different.

(see EDIT above)Last year running the additional Tablet Quests was critical to assure enough Scrolls to get the max World's Fair. I suspect the same with this year's Airship.

I'm OK with the tradeoff of a bunch of DC level tasks netting me 20 Scrolls per Tablet Questline. I've garnered well over 500 additional scrolls per city.

Running as many at once as possible and knowing the order of the different Tablet Questlines allows me to solve multiple Quests with one action, whether buying FPs, gathering Goods, Supplies, or Coins or doing timed Productions.

Tthat's my experience though. YMMV.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I say again - support told me what appears in beta in events will appear live just in a different order. They didn’t say squat about prizes sometimes not appearing that did appear in beta, So that is a confirmation that what is in beta is an advertisement to what is coming, but then again the appearance of the Gonoda market means a prize in beta will not appear (or at least not as many times as it did live)
Yet experience tells us that what appears on Beta is subject to change. You've stated so above, and we've seen it in other events. Being players themselves do you really think the support folks have insider information about daily specials you and I don't? I doubt it. All they can do is tell you what their experience is, which is that it is typical that Dailies on Beta appear on live, just different days.

But as experience shows us, that is not a guarantee.
I should add this same discussion over the checkmate squares is going on the .en forums and probably every other FOE forum - you don’t think Inno is aware what is going on?
Okay, so? Do you think Inno cares about the discussions going on about Checkmate Square on the forums? Do you think Inno won't change things if and when it suits them? You can't be that naive.