• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

qaccy

@Algona I think you're getting a bit mixed up with last year's Halloween event, which was the first (and currently only other) event to have optional quests like this. They hadn't tried this system out yet with last year's Archaeology Event. I dunno if it still holds true that the quests were necessary to a degree to max out the Asylum, but it's probably pretty likely!

Algona

@Algona I think you're getting a bit mixed up with last year's Halloween event, which was the first (and currently only other) event to have optional quests like this. They hadn't tried this system out yet with last year's Archaeology Event. I dunno if it still holds true that the quests were necessary to a degree to max out the Asylum, but it's probably pretty likely!

Yup. You are right.

Algona

you don’t think Inno is aware what is going on?

You are right: INNO knows exactly what os going on with regards to play habits and customer spending, they have exact data.

What INNO does not realize* is the silly things posted by their front line Customer Support: unpaid poorly trained poorly supervised volunteers.

This forum is littered with folk who were given wrong answers and suggestions by in game Support.

*Or possibly INNO does know and doesn't care. If that;s the case, you can bet their numbers tell them that it costs them few players.

DeletedUser35836

Okay, so? Do you think Inno cares about the discussions going on about Checkmate Square on the forums? Do you think Inno won't change things if and when it suits them? You can't be that naive.
They should if they want people to continue to spend money on the game, if a particular building was listed in beta and not intended for live it is only fair to say so Before the event starts, Do they have a right not to, sure. They have a right to be unfriendly to their customers, Where will that get them In the long run?

DeletedUser32973

So the winner's plaza is getting an upgrade in the soccer event, and it's strictly better than checkmate square. This makes me think they decided to remove the checkmate square from the archaeology event in favor of getting people to spend for the plaza, where you have to get 2 specials per building instead of 1. We still have a few days left though so who knows.

DreadfulCadillac

So the winner's plaza is getting an upgrade in the soccer event, and it's strictly better than checkmate square. This makes me think they decided to remove the checkmate square from the archaeology event in favor of getting people to spend for the plaza, where you have to get 2 specials per building instead of 1. We still have a few days left though so who knows.
maybe they put in gondola bridge instead of 3rd worlds fair upgrade ?

RazorbackPirate

They should if they want people to continue to spend money on the game, if a particular building was listed in beta and not intended for live it is only fair to say so Before the event starts.
Why? Because you say so? We all know everything on Beta is subject to change before going live. With zero notice. It's clear you're just grasping at straws now.
Do they have a right not to, sure. They have a right to be unfriendly to their customers, Where will that get them In the long run?
Unfriendly? Please.

You've created for yourself a false expectation. Any upset you have because of that is 100% on you. The adults in the room understand that. I bet Inno understands that too.

Agent327

They should if they want people to continue to spend money on the game, if a particular building was listed in beta and not intended for live it is only fair to say so Before the event starts, Do they have a right not to, sure. They have a right to be unfriendly to their customers, Where will that get them In the long run?

Are you really this daft? Saying anything before the event starts ruins the event.

qaccy

No matter how many times people try to say this, the reality is that Inno has been full steam ahead for years. Apparently all this stuff that people like you get outraged about doesn't really have much, if any, impact on their company. I'm not trying to attack you personally here, but it is kinda shocking to me that even after all these years, this still seems to be something people don't understand.

Xcynda

Might there be a way (either during or after the event) to add a female profile portrait for the historian achievement reward?

DeletedUser35836

No matter how many times people try to say this, the reality is that Inno has been full steam ahead for years. Apparently all this stuff that people like you get outraged about doesn't really have much, if any, impact on their company. I'm not trying to attack you personally here, but it is kinda shocking to me that even after all these years, this still seems to be something people don't understand.

Well I thank you for not being smug like a couple of the others on here.

Your argument is valid and can be made about protesting what Hollywood is doing with recent movies for example or other forms of entertainemt. Most movies made in recent years are horrible and I’ve stopped going to the theater as a result. It does not matter that they wont change their ways and improve their product, either way they are not getting my money. I will say the same with Inno Games.

As one guild mate Just stated In a thread, Inno games has have the right to make daily special changes after beta, but considering the history of beta prizes and non-beta players using that info, it would seem appropriate for them to tell the community of a change that would effect so many who have planned for it.

And I’m pretty sure many have.

Yes, Yes. I know - Inno could care less about that.

RazorbackPirate

Well I thank you for not being smug like a couple of the others on here.

Your argument is valid and can be made about protesting what Hollywood is doing with recent movies for example or other forms of entertainment. Most movies made in recent years are horrible and I’ve stopped going to the theater as a result. It does not matter that they wont change their ways and improve their product, either way they are not getting my money. I will say the same with Inno Games.

As one guild mate Just stated In a thread, Inno games has have the right to make daily special changes after beta, but considering the history of beta prizes and non-beta players using that info, it would seem appropriate for them to tell the community of a change that would effect so many who have planned for it.

And I’m pretty sure many have.

Yes, Yes. I know - Inno could care less about that.
Inno has never released information about Beta to anyone except for those on Beta. Inno has never made any advance announcements about the Daily Specials offered in any event.

The only reason anyone knows any of this, or has any expectations around this, is through non Inno sources. I see no reason why Inno should change anything because of unofficial Beta spoilers.

Can you explain how or why Inno is obligated to tell anyone about changes they've never officially announced to anyone?

Notice the two key words, unofficial and official. That your guild mate agrees with you carries as much weight as your argument, which is no weight.

Sorry that you think I'm being smug, but I think you're being unreasonable. Like it or not, facts matter.

I understand you and many others will be disappointed if Checkmate Squares don't show up as a Daily Special, what I don't understand is why Inno should tell us anything, when they never tell us anything beyond what's in the official announcement.

I'm not going to go down any roads around bait and switch or just because it was offered on beta it should be offered on live....however, if they really have a whole event without even offering 1 building that helps your attacking army that is a HUGE thumb in the eye to us players.

They don't owe us anything, but wow......a whole event with absolutely none of what the majority of your customers want?

I've got faith that we will still see the checkmate square. We still have time left...if not this will be by far the worst event ever put out by Inno (adding in an edit to clarify worst event since I started playing - it's only been a couple of years for me).

It's a shame because I think most agree this has the best game mechanics of all their events. I just wish they would offer me something on the daily so I can actually play.

They did have Carousels as DS. I nicked 2 of them (I know, I have terrible luck with RNG).
I understand checkmate could be your priority because of + it has on Carousels for attack boost, but Carousels are no slouch either.

I'm not going to go down any roads around bait and switch or just because it was offered on beta it should be offered on live....however, if they really have a whole event without even offering 1 building that helps your attacking army that is a HUGE thumb in the eye to us players.

They did have Carousels as DS. I nicked 2 of them (I know, I have terrible luck with RNG).
I understand checkmate could be your priority because of + it has on Carousels for attack boost, but Carousels are no slouch either.

Good point. I forgot about the caruosel. As you mentioned, not as good as CS but it's not awful

However, I don't understand why they arent putting more attack power buidlings into these last few events. From what was reported, they made MASSIVE profits on the Forge Bowl and it was because they packed that event with a great main prize, colossus selection kits, and the introduction of sentinel tower.

I know a ton of people who spent big money on that event.

Not every event needs to be that good, because it would upset the balance of the game, but come on...make it at least attractive for us to spend some money.

I know a ton of people who spent big money on that event.

I haven't seen anyone on my 4 worlds get excited about breaking out the credit card for this event.

RazorbackPirate

However, I don't understand why they aren't putting more attack power buildings into these last few events. From what was reported, they made MASSIVE profits on the Forge Bowl and it was because they packed that event with a great main prize, colossus selection kits, and the introduction of sentinel tower.
Not everyone plays the same game. While many like buildings targeted for attacking armies, many don't.

While not everyone's cup of tea, the Celtic Forest set did give both an attack and defense boost to attacking armies. Not huge, but it did give both, right on the heels of Forge Bowl where every building provided benefits to attacking armies.

The Airship gives daily guild goods which benefits both attackers and negotiators alike, potentially allowing guilds to build more province buildings in GBG, and as you said, also included the Carousel, the secondary building from last year's Archaeology event with both a respectable attack and defense boost. While not as much as the Checkmate's square, being from last year's event, thematically, it makes much more sense than the Checkmate Square.

Next up is the Soccer Cup, which once again has buildings with substantial (huge) benefits for attacking armies.

Inno has a broad customer base and needs event buildings that address the play styles of all of them. Not every event, can be focused on fighters, nor should it be. I'm okay with that. Apparently so is Inno's bottom line.

CDmark

Well, beta versus live, I used to track it starting the summer of 2017. Beta and live used to match exactly for what was offered but the order was different. Then, somewhere in 2018, one beta special wasn't on the live version, something different was in the live version, but only 1. It has been like that since almost every event, seems 1 beta daily special is not in the live version. Now, what did still track, the newer items offered in beta. So, this event, beta had 3 WF selection kit, 2 Carousel, 1 checkmate square, 2 Globe Fountain, 1 Balloon Site. I will expect at least 2 WF's, 2 Carousels, 2 Globe Fountains (my expectations based on my tracking experience). Now, Balloon Site and Checkmate Square fall under a completely different category for me, the prizes offered in previous Historical Questlines. The historical questline buildings have been offered for AUCTION only in the antique dealer, never on the shelf to buy. This is new and I cant really predict what will happen. So, we saw the Gondola Market offered live but it wasn't in beta. Does it replace 1 of the 3 WF selection Kits, Checkmate Square, Balloon Site? Or, will it replace something else like 1 of the 2 SoKs. I think if you polled players, 99% would hope it is Balloon site that is replaced (leaving 1% bcs gotta be someone out there that likes it...lol). So, nobody can really know the answer to Checkmate Square, we are dealing with a new approach (not item) by the developers. I don't recall buildings from Historical Questlines being offered in events.
I read someone hoping for a Sentinel Outpost, I don't expect it. I do see it popped up in the 2020 Soccer event so I expect to see it there.

CDmark

I read about spending FPs on the clay tablets. I apologize about not clipping the statement, I just forget how to do it. But, here is a tip. Those 2 quests are found in Common Tablet 1 (Ancient Stories will be the title) Quest 3, and common Tablet 2 (Hardly Legible will be the title), Quest 1. So, when you launch the the tablets, Do Quest 1 and 2 of Ancient Stories (they are easy), then you will be at Quest 3, buy 5FP which will be Quest 1 of Hardly Legible. so, you only need to pay it once. There are other quests you can match up, spend FP, 4 hr productions come to mind. I put the quests on a spreadsheet and design a path.

qaccy

I don't recall buildings from Historical Questlines being offered in events.

Last year's Archaeology Event did this as well. Both the Kiosk and the Lord's Manor were historical quest rewards, and appeared as daily specials during the event.