• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Cherry Garden Set Configurations

mamboking053

Long story short, I think it's the best event building in the game- better than Colossus- because it is customizable. I've been looking around for some ideas for configurations and I figured it'd probably be best just to ask the question directly and have it all in a single thread.

And so...what are the best Cherry Garden configurations that you have used or come across? If possible, please list the stats too. Doesn't have to be all- the only ones I'm interested in is attack boost and FP, but others may find it useful.

RazorbackPirate

mamboking053

You can find some here:

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/low-advanced-guide.33723/#post-223718

and here:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/optimizing-cherry-sets.23800/

Do your own searches, post your own links. No need to start a thread to have everyone else do your searching for you. Besides, the Piazza Set is better than the Cherry Set, luckily, many of the layouts for the Cherry Set can be transferred to the Piazza set with little or no changes.

Well...the point was discussion about it, not having everyone do my research.

The Piazza is better if you have the resources to dump into getting a full Level 2. Because of that I didn't consider it the best.

RazorbackPirate

Well...the point was discussion about it, not having everyone do my research.

The Piazza is better if you have the resources to dump into getting a full Level 2. Because of that I didn't consider it the best.
Regardless, you're rehashing well hashed territory that doesn't need hashing again. There are no new configurations to be had than the ones already well documented both here and on the fan wiki. Do a bit of research and you'll find what you need no rehashing needed.

mamboking053

Plodding along here, but please correct me if I'm wrong...

index.php

index.php

In these two examples the Sakura and Nishiki are 3x2 buildings, but I know the Sakura is a 2x3 building because I have one in my city and the Nishiki in my inventory is also 2x3. Similarly, the Zen and Emperor have their dimensions backwards as well. Are these two pictures accurate representations or outdated, faulty ones?

I recreated the bottom one in excel since the top is r/crappydesign. I used only the top row and stretched in to 40 squares wide and 7 squares long. I didn't include the Sok's yet and didn't count the roads in the space configuration, just all spaces in between the main roads (280 squares). The yield is...

100% at bonus + 70 fp/280 spaces
.25 fp/sq
.357 att bonus/sq

In the version where I changes the buildings around to match their current dimensions, I placed Zen as the shared link between sets as it produced just 1 fp and unlike the others, there are only 5 of them. The yield is...

100% att bonus + 65 fp/280 spaces
.232 fp/sq
.357 att bonus/sq

I then referenced it to the basic configuration... a string of 8 5x5's. The yield is...

80% att bonus + 56 fp yield/200 spaces
.28 fp/sq
.4 att bonus/sq

As you can see, the basic 5x5 configuration is more efficient per square than the top configuration. Adding those 4 extra SoK's to the custom config increases the yield to .264 fp/sq...which is still inferior to the basic 5x5 configuration. If you don't care about space and simply want the increased stats regardless of reduced efficiency, than the custom config is your deal.

I suspected something was up when I looked at all the cities of the top players and saw NO ONE using custom configurations for the CG set.

Hope this helps someone for the upcoming event.

Last edited:

mamboking053

At the moment I think the Colossus might be the best all-around event building for both attack boost and FP in one event prize.

I used the same floor space as the others - 40 square wide, but only 4 long this time. The yield is...

100% attack bonus + 60 fp yield/160 spaces
.375 fp/sq
.625 att bonus/sq (tiered to Industrial Age combat bonus)

In terms of space efficiency the 4x4 Colossus is the best option by a stretch. My future plans will involve waiting for this event building to return and then using whatever diamonds I have to spam the most lucrative building yet offered...at least for my tastes.

DeletedUser36624

In these two examples the Sakura and Nishiki are 3x2 buildings, but I know the Sakura is a 2x3 building because I have one in my city and the Nishiki in my inventory is also 2x3. Similarly, the Zen and Emperor have their dimensions backwards as well. Are these two pictures accurate representations or outdated, faulty ones?

FFS, just rotate it 90 degrees and then everything is "correct" by your orientation.

DeletedUser33179

If you read, I already did that. No need for the comment scumbag.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine today.

I did read, & here's what you say in your post at this moment...

Guess you changed your pics after initially posting, yet left your incorrect written descriptions of them.

mamboking053

Guess you changed your pics after initially posting, yet left your incorrect written descriptions of them.

I don't know what you are talking about, I didn't change the pics. The pictures are incorrect unless the picture is just turned sideways. But since the writing in the pic is right-side up, I doubt it is. The Sakura Rock and Nishi are 2x3 buildings.

Unless the buildings are now described as W x L instead of L x W...

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I don't know what you are talking about, I didn't change the pics. The pictures are incorrect unless the picture is just turned sideways. But since the writing in the pic is right-side up, I doubt it is. The Sakura Rock and Nishi are 2x3 buildings.

The picture is correct. To interpret it correctly, you merely need to rotate it 45 degrees to the left. Seriously, dude. Not that hard.

From the original link, the breakdown of the colored portion of the second image. To calculate the full image, multiply by 4.

64 size (Cherry)
10 fps
12 goods
10% attack
0.186 fps/sq
0.156 goods/sq
0.156 %attack/sq

All this flailing to recreate what's already been done. Correctly. Sheesh.

DeletedUser36624

WxL or LxW is completely irrelevant to figuring out the production of any layout. I generally view the Tavern as being the "top" of my city, and thus buildings are WxL to me.

DeletedUser33179

I said you'd gone back & changed the pics because that's what you mentioned you'd already done so in your (rather rude) reply to @Roxana 1184 the Wise here...

If you read, I already did that. No need for the comment scumbag.

As @RazorbackPirate explains, both pics do show the correct sizes & orientations. It's the standard way to denote buildings when showing them at a zero degree angle, such a using excel or graph paper pics. The game & FoE city planner have all at an angle. So, in game those pics would be turned & look like this...

image.jpeg

mamboking053

The picture is correct. To interpret it correctly, you merely need to rotate it 45 degrees to the left. Seriously, dude. Not that hard.

From the original link, the breakdown of the colored portion of the second image. To calculate the full image, multiply by 4.

64 size (Cherry)
10 fps
12 goods
10% attack
0.186 fps/sq
0.156 goods/sq
0.156 %attack/sq

All this flailing to recreate what's already been done. Correctly. Sheesh.

I wasn't calculating the image as it was, but half of it. I didn't find the description accurate anyway because there's certainly more than 10 fp's produced there, and more than 10% attack and all that so I stated what the actual drop was for the size I measured.

Please. You must have better things to do. I appreciate the information, but if you must reply with this condescending attitude every time it is more helpful if you don't reply.

mamboking053

I said you'd gone back & changed the pics because that's what you mentioned you'd already done so in your (rather rude) reply to @Roxana 1184 the Wise here...

Hey, I find it rude when someone replies with "FFS" to a question, but you said nothing about Poxana. Thank you for your unbiased reply.

As @RazorbackPirate explains, both pics do show the correct sizes & orientations. It's the standard way to denote buildings when showing them at a zero degree angle, such a using excel or graph paper pics. The game & FoE city planner have all at an angle. So, in game those pics would be turned & look like this...

View attachment 12029

Sorry, didn't know. I automotically turned my city 45 degrees to the left before putting it on excel. My first time so that's how I interpreted it.

DeletedUser36624

I wasn't calculating the image as it was, but half of it. I didn't find the description accurate anyway because there's certainly more than 10 fp's produced there, and more than 10% attack and all that so I stated what the actual drop was for the size I measured.
Did you consider that the layout was from when there was only a level 1?

mamboking053

Did you consider that the layout was from when there was only a level 1?

index.php

I said I counted the top half of the picture, and in the picture there's 4 Sakura Rocks at 5% a piece in the row in the top half. I also said I did not use the picture as it was, but extended the configuration to 40 squares wide.

DeletedUser32368

Im also having a hard time configuring cherry set.
I read in wiki comments they have 0.387 to 0.381 fp effieciency.

Looking for help to
Here's what i got.
Gongs 6
Zen zones 7
Sakura rock 7
Emperor entrance 4
Pond 5
2 selection kit cherry set