• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Boycott Superguilds from regular GBG

Sledgie

Perhaps there could be weekend tourneys for guilds with 1000 LP (and additional diamond league guilds to fill out the maps - on new worlds it might just need to be the top 32 regardless of league). Four maps to start, top 4 from each round advance to the next round. 3 rounds total, 12 hours per round. Big prize for the top guild overall.

Angry.Blanket

It is a test of which guilds has the most active players. The test begins as 8AM game time every other Thursday and ends about an hour, or so, later. The number of active players plays a minor role for the remaining 10+ days.
I disagree with this, the map we are on in Uceria right now is a nerve wracking battle with 3rd place in a position to take 2nd today an possibly 1st before the season is over.

Sledgie

Not true , we are half mapping this GbG and depend on about 40 active players to keep the map moving. The GbG has to be lead and the map has to be flipped at the end of every cycle. Someone has to watch the treasury and someone has to watch the map for breakouts in between cycles. The active jump at 8am at the bell is by far the most important but not the only time active players are needed.
It probably depends on the world. Pericles and I have our mains in the same guild on the same world. I am GBG diplomat for our guild. On our world the GBG season in upper diamond is usually decided within a fairly short time after open. Guilds that come out strongest at open have the strongest negotiating position, but that isn't everything. How you have performed as a swap partner in previous seasons is also a significant factor in what kind of deal you will get. This season we had only one other strong guild on our map, so as soon as I saw our map composition, I was already messaging the leader of the other strong guild and we started planning swap set up as we were doing the initial map rush. We don't do split maps in upper diamond on our world. If there are more than two strong guilds we split time, but everyone gets to swap a full map for their allotted time. This means our season dynamics are very different than every other world.

Pericles the Lion

Not true , we are half mapping this GbG and depend on about 40 active players to keep the map moving. The GbG has to be lead and the map has to be flipped at the end of every cycle. Someone has to watch the treasury and someone has to watch the map for breakouts in between cycles. The active jump at 8am at the bell is by far the most important but not the only time active players are needed.
I agree with what @Shalimar the Brave posted. It may depend on the guild and the world. Your guild needs 40 fighters to handle a half-map swap and we just finished one with 12.

Pericles the Lion

I disagree with this, the map we are on in Uceria right now is a nerve wracking battle with 3rd place in a position to take 2nd today an possibly 1st before the season is over.
I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm curious. You're in a D1K L100 guild. Except for bragging rights and a few trinkets what's there to be "nerve-wracking" about finishing in 3rd place?

Pericles the Lion

12 people can’t compete with a full guild for a full season. We have about 40 regular fighters with about 20 6k + per season and the remaining 3k+ or about 120,000 fights + 60k fights for both . With 12 you are all getting 15 K fights per season ? Possible but not with any kind of a life outside of FoE. This excludes the remaining 30 players fights of about 20k fights.
Your guild, and mine, are similar with respect to player GBG activity. My only point was that GBG is a test of the size of the guild on the opening bell only.

Sledgie

12 people can’t compete with a full guild for a full season. We have about 40 regular fighters with about 20 6k + per season and the remaining 3k+ or about 120,000 fights + 60k fights for both . With 12 you are all getting 15 K fights per season ? Possible but not with any kind of a life outside of FoE. This excludes the remaining 30 players fights of about 20k fights.
We have a 70 person guild, we just had twelve on for that particular swap.

Ebeondi Asi

The OP here reminds me of little kids saying "if you don't xxx I'm gonna hold my breath! " (while everyone else is trying not to bust out laughing)

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

The OP seems to have left the building. They play on D and L and, judging from the prestige scores, both guilds are Gold or low Platinum which should provide lots of opportunity in GBG.

Xenosaur

I always thought that was exactly what GBG is, But it seems almost no players want to do battle against another guild they just want to get fights anytime they log on with out having any time strategy or planning . I am obviously wrong, but I thought GbG was a test of which guild has the most active players.

Not sure you were here at the time in Nov 2019, when GbG was born. However, when released to the general population, people grabbed a strategy they knew best - that from GvG - and there was a whole lot of "king of the hill" mentality going on...

Until - some of us taught the rest of the guilds and players the concept of Economic game theory (aka mutualism and cooperation)
, and demonstrated we could all spend a lot less (diamonds, traps, palaces, etc) and make a lot more individually and collectively wealthy - if we cooperate.

And we did. Took about 6 months. and it took hold, and is the mostly dominant way we play today. Everyone gets rich, not much focussed on "who won" or bragging rights.

Hence FP inflation, and many ARCS going to 180.

GbG begins it's 4th year next month. We're in the second map design, and many changes - both visible and invisible, but felt.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Not sure you were here at the time in Nov 2019, when GbG was born. However, when released to the general population, people grabbed a strategy they knew best - that from GvG - and there was a whole lot of "king of the hill" mentality going on...

Until - some of us taught the rest of the guilds and players the concept of Economic game theory (aka mutualism and cooperation)
, and demonstrated we could all spend a lot less (diamonds, traps, palaces, etc) and make a lot more individually and collectively wealthy - if we cooperate.
Perhaps you should consider changing your in-game name to Demeter if you're the one we can thank for introducing GBG farming. :cool:

Angry.Blanket

I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm curious. You're in a D1K L100 guild. Except for bragging rights and a few trinkets what's there to be "nerve-wracking" about finishing in 3rd place?
That is where this all falls apart, it is the competition, the battle, not the rewards, there is no rewards in High school football, so why do it ?
Why build a FOE city, except for bragging rights what is so exiting about having a little digital city on the internet ?

Angry.Blanket

And we did. Took about 6 months. and it took hold, and is the mostly dominant way we play today. Everyone gets rich, not much focussed on "who won" or bragging rights.

Hence FP inflation, and many ARCS going to 180.

GbG begins it's 4th year next month. We're in the second map design, and many changes - both visible and invisible, but felt.
I dont want to get rich, take away the rewards, make it battle, make it a competition that can be won.

Emberguard

Perhaps you should consider changing your in-game name to Demeter if you're the one we can thank for introducing GBG farming. :cool:
Somehow I don’t think it was any one person or any one reason.

On my server it progressed in that direction because the top Guilds ran out of things to do once it became clear who the winner was for the match.

Which initially on GBGs release took the whole season, but once all-out fighting strategies were more or less perfected it only took 1 hr to know who would dominate a map, and then a lot of thumb twiddling.

Angry.Blanket

On my server it progressed in that direction because the top Guilds ran out of things to do once it became clear who the winner was for the match.

Which initially on GBGs release took the whole season, but once all-out fighting strategies were more or less perfected it only took 1 hr to know who would dominate a map, and then a lot of thumb twiddling.
There are times when you end up with 2 fairly well matched guilds and 6 tiny guilds that cant take a tile per day, and it ends up just being a swap back and forth. I presume some times it is guilds trying to drop back to platinum so they can farm.

Pericles the Lion

Yeah, my sarcasm font was on the fritz. :)

Xenosaur

I dont want to get rich, take away the rewards, make it battle, make it a competition that can be won.

PvP Tower had that as a goal - KING OF THE HILL fighters - in each world. Heavy fighting, but still for some personal rewards. I don't think there is an inter-world version of that (in other words, any worldly fighters have no way (now) and can't fight any other worldly fighters, for SUPER-KING of the KINGS bragging rights...)

Angry.Blanket

For some, clearly you, it may be the competition. For others, probably the majority, it is about the rewards; and, yes, there are rewards in HS Football (e.g. college athletic scholarships).
Very few kids get football scholars ships, most don't even make it to college, most of those kids play for the competition. I agree for the majority it is about the rewards but for a lot of the "Super Guilds" it becomes less so. In an active guild it is common to get less fights than one would in a smaller guild, or maybe even a platinum lvl guild. There are more of us that want to have the competition than you think, but there are not enough of us. There will be some kind off nerf eventually because so many people don't want a game, they just want a casual pastime. and that fair I guess.