• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Boycott Superguilds from regular GBG

Angry.Blanket

PvP Tower had that as a goal - KING OF THE HILL fighters - in each world. Heavy fighting, but still for some personal rewards. I don't think there is an inter-world version of that (in other words, any worldly fighters have no way (now) and can't fight any other worldly fighters, for SUPER-KING of the KINGS bragging rights...)
Pvp is not what I call active, it only takes a few minutes to make it to the top then you done for the season, and there is nothing like the races we have in GBG. PvP is what most in inactive players seem to want, fights at their convenience any time with out having to watch a timer and do battle with another guild.

Pericles the Lion

Very few kids get football scholars ships, most don't even make it to college, most of those kids play for the competition. I agree for the majority it is about the rewards but for a lot of the "Super Guilds" it becomes less so. In an active guild it is common to get less fights than one would in a smaller guild, or maybe even a platinum lvl guild. There are more of us that want to have the competition than you think, but there are not enough of us. There will be some kind off nerf eventually because so many people don't want a game, they just want a casual pastime. and that fair I guess.
I don't disagree with you. These silent players that want more competition need to speak up. Their silence is overwhelming; meanwhile, the players that want the huge rewards associated with GBG are speaking up.

Pericles the Lion

Pvp is not what I call active, it only takes a few minutes to make it to the top then you done for the season, and there is nothing like the races we have in GBG. PvP is what most in inactive players seem to want, fights at their convenience any time with out having to watch a timer and do battle with another guild.
I think you may have misjudged PvP. I play it regularly, Crystal League (and then some) every month and I spend over a million medals every week to ge additional attempts. Despite this level of activity, I haven't been able to get above #180 in ranking on my main world. If "making it to the top" means simply earning Crystal League I agree with you. However, reaching (and maintaining) elite status (i.e. #1-#10) requires a LOT of effort. Kudos to those who can get there.

Angry.Blanket

I think you may have misjudged PvP. I play it regularly, Crystal League (and then some) every month and I spend over a million medals every week to ge additional attempts. Despite this level of activity, I haven't been able to get above #180 in ranking on my main world. If "making it to the top" means simply earning Crystal League I agree with you. However, reaching (and maintaining) elite status (i.e. #1-#10) requires a LOT of effort. Kudos to those who can get there.
I haven't misjudged it, I am #37 global, PvP is available anytime, no races, no scheduling just a ranking similar to your city ranking points,

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I haven't misjudged it, I am #37 global, PvP is available anytime, no races, no scheduling just a ranking similar to your city ranking points,
Congrats on being #37. It's odd that you said that "it only takes a few minutes to make it to the top". On my main world, #37 has 444K points. Taking the 10% weekly deduction into account, simply maintaining this position requires winning about 140 battles with the upper-level opponent. Not too difficult but more than a few minutes. Getting to #37 is a whole different animal.

Emberguard

PvP Tower had that as a goal - KING OF THE HILL fighters - in each world. Heavy fighting, but still for some personal rewards. I don't think there is an inter-world version of that (in other words, any worldly fighters have no way (now) and can't fight any other worldly fighters, for SUPER-KING of the KINGS bragging rights...)
The Neighbourhood Tournament Tower or the PvP Arena?

Thing with the Arena is there’s very little “feedback” from it. Feels more like you’re fighting yourself or in single player mode than it does against other players

Angry.Blanket

The Neighbourhood Tournament Tower or the PvP Arena?

Thing with the Arena is there’s very little “feedback” from it. Feels more like you’re fighting yourself or in single player mode than it does against other players
Crystal league Global 32 age 1 guild 1
To me its like arm wrestling with your self, it is there any time you want hit as much as you want or as little as you want.
GBG 2-3 or more guilds fighting at the same time for the same tile.

85gt

I think if Inno changed the reward system to the more sectors you hold the more rewards you get, like you hold 0-5 sectors not much rewards 5-10 you get more and above 10 even more, it could make guilds fight each other for more sectors

Unfortunately, boycotting won't solve the problems with Battlegrounds because there will always be 1 other guild that will cooperate with the bully for the season. Perhaps there needs to be a Diamond+ League where guilds can opt in if they want. That way, the so-called super-Guilds can fight among themselves. Or conversely, a Diamond- Guild where guilds can opt out.

xivarmy

Until - some of us taught the rest of the guilds and players the concept of Economic game theory (aka mutualism and cooperation)
, and demonstrated we could all spend a lot less (diamonds, traps, palaces, etc) and make a lot more individually and collectively wealthy - if we cooperate.

And we did. Took about 6 months. and it took hold, and is the mostly dominant way we play today. Everyone gets rich, not much focussed on "who won" or bragging rights.
Also called Optimizing the Fun out of the Game.

Emberguard

Perhaps there needs to be a Diamond+ League where guilds can opt in if they want. That way, the so-called super-Guilds can fight among themselves. Or conversely, a Diamond- Guild where guilds can opt out.
It could even be exclusive to 1,000 LP Guilds being able to opt in.

tstar99

it seems winning is a money thing. if you spend money or have bots, you win! there is no way a guild can take a map in less than an hour at 8AM in the morning. unless they are cheating. you have to have a large amount of people on. i feel that guilds thatsit on the whole map are not just dominating but destroying the game. if you are that strong you don't have to keep everyone off the board.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Unfortunately, boycotting won't solve the problems with Battlegrounds because there will always be 1 other guild that will cooperate with the bully for the season. Perhaps there needs to be a Diamond+ League where guilds can opt in if they want. That way, the so-called super-Guilds can fight among themselves. Or conversely, a Diamond- Guild where guilds can opt out.
IMO, if there were such a league few, if any, D1K guilds would opt in. Six strong guilds on the battlefield at the same time would not be in the interest of these guilds.

Pericles the Lion

it seems winning is a money thing. if you spend money or have bots, you win! there is no way a guild can take a map in less than an hour at 8AM in the morning. unless they are cheating. you have to have a large amount of people on.
The top GBG guilds in D1K don't take the entire map, they typically share it with one, or more, other guilds. A 50:50 swap happens in less than an hour, needs no bots, needs no money, involves no cheating, and can be accomplished with a small (fewer than 10) number of fighters any time of the day.

Sledgie

it seems winning is a money thing. if you spend money or have bots, you win! there is no way a guild can take a map in less than an hour at 8AM in the morning. unless they are cheating. you have to have a large amount of people on.
Typical for season open in D1K is that the entire map is taken within 15-20 minutes. Usually it is more than one guild taking the map, but if it is an imbalanced map, one strong diamond guild can take an entire map in 15-20 minutes. Yes, it requires diamonds, but people share the load so no one has to buy diamonds with RL money.

Xenosaur

Typical for season open in D1K is that the entire map is taken within 15-20 minutes. Usually it is more than one guild taking the map, but if it is an imbalanced map, one strong diamond guild can take an entire map in 15-20 minutes. Yes, it requires diamonds, but people share the load so no one has to buy diamonds with RL money.
Exactly - when GBG went live in November 2019, there was a short learning curve and progression through the GBG ages (Copper, Silver, etc..), and then a game of season opening speed chess in Platinum/Diamond that was amazing to be a part of.
A GUILD FLIGHT CONTROLLER watched the map, and redirected their assembled people power to block, or allow traffic on sectors based on using GBG visual clues (bullseye or pointy arrows at the time).

We were consummating new sectors in < 1 minute, sometimes the advancement count would jump by 5-10 advancements/second (it was choppy visually, but it really did fly up to 160...). SO yes - 15-20 minutes of time was really all it took to own it - and define season terms to others.

Angry.Blanket

Typical auto fight is under 3 seconds, 20 players get 8 fights each = 24 seconds to fill a tile.
Very common to fill a tile in under 40 seconds and 30 seconds when a discord call goes out.
It seems people have a problem believing there are people that are more active than them, and don't like the fact that that level of activity has benefits that less active players don't receive.