• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Boycott Superguilds from regular GBG

Ebeondi Asi

Last season my guild was destroyed in GBG. We were taking two to three sectors and losing as soon as the timer was done. The guild in question was a Level-100 guild & 70+ Members 50 million points and above. It was ridiculous they never had less than 25 sectors at any time. This is an issue that I absolutely think needs to be resolved.
I agree. Your Guild should not be in the top level of GbG. Or maybe they should? See the upper Guilds need somebody to crush. And your Guild was foolish enough to climb into Diamond level.
Or....
Maybe you could have made a deal with them right at the beginning to take the outer ring and farm the third ring. Then you would have made a friend. But you didn't bother I guess.
The part that is funny is 'top Guild and 50 million. My Guilds the player all have between several billion, on down to usually 300 million, with a few newer players below that. So your 50 million guild must be a nice up and coming low stats middle of the road Guild that still squashed you like a bug
Reading this sort of whining is a lot like reading hate letters for sniping. It is rather fun.

Sheldor the Destroyer

I agree. Your Guild should not be in the top level of GbG. Or maybe they should? See the upper Guilds need somebody to crush. And your Guild was foolish enough to climb into Diamond level.
Or....
Maybe you could have made a deal with them right at the beginning to take the outer ring and farm the third ring. Then you would have made a friend. But you didn't bother I guess.
The part that is funny is 'top Guild and 50 million. My Guilds the player all have between several billion, on down to usually 300 million, with a few newer players below that. So your 50 million guild must be a nice up and coming low stats middle of the road Guild that still squashed you like a bug
Reading this sort of whining is a lot like reading hate letters for sniping. It is rather fun.
absolute facts

MKPapa

Top guilds do not need somebody to crash. They easily control the map by negotiating sectors and by easily smashing all those guilds from the verge.
A top and active guild needs less than minute (and frequently just few seconds) to gather a 160 points DL sector. An average man guild would need 30-60 minutes in average.
Average guild can negotiate with top guilds for some bread, and sometimes - for butter, but not for caviar! :) I'd say, occasional 3-4 provinces is the max an average guild can expect to hold until the lock is lifted, with 1 or 2 most of the time.

Sledgie

Last season my guild was destroyed in GBG. We were taking two to three sectors and losing as soon as the timer was done. The guild in question was a Level-100 guild & 70+ Members 50 million points and above. It was ridiculous they never had less than 25 sectors at any time. This is an issue that I absolutely think needs to be resolved.
If you want to be invited to the table, you need to show up to dinner. Build the strength and coordination of your guild so that you can take sectors quickly and efficiently. The answer is not to hamstring the strong guilds, it is to get stronger yourself.

Frodo the ???

If you want to be invited to the table, you need to show up to dinner. Build the strength and coordination of your guild so that you can take sectors quickly and efficiently. The answer is not to hamstring the strong guilds, it is to get stronger yourself.
Building up the strength of the guild takes time. Its get harder when hardcore guilds take the entire map for themselves. Normally I don't have a problem with this, but I shouldn't have to make deals with these guilds just for 4-5 sectors. I just want to play the game. I started FOE to play in a game that I could play without stress.

Angry.Blanket

Building up the strength of the guild takes time. Its get harder when hardcore guilds take the entire map for themselves. Normally I don't have a problem with this, but I shouldn't have to make deals with these guilds just for 4-5 sectors. I just want to play the game. I started FOE to play in a game that I could play without stress.
You can have as many sectors as you can take, there is no need to negotiate it is a battle ground where guilds fight against each other, the goal is to take as many sectors as you can and keep the other guilds from getting them, Guild Battles

Ebeondi Asi

You can have as many sectors as you can take, there is no need to negotiate it is a battle ground where guilds fight against each other, the goal is to take as many sectors as you can and keep the other guilds from getting them, Guild Battles
I disagree. That may be the initial opening strategy, but as soon as the dust settles from opening, the strategy is to find a way to swap as many sectors as possible as often as possible. Farming.
Lots of top players dislike farming as being too tame. but that is a whole different bee hive to swat at.

Angry.Blanket

I disagree. That may be the initial opening strategy, but as soon as the dust settles from opening, the strategy is to find a way to swap as many sectors as possible as often as possible. Farming.
Lots of top players dislike farming as being too tame. but that is a whole different bee hive to swat at.
You can take as many sectors as you are strong enough to take, even if they are trying to farm, if a guild cant disrupt a farming map it is because they are not strong enough to disrupt it, We have to take the map back starting on the beach multiple times per season, 80 actives players can easily get on any map. There are no free fights, you have to pay with time and activity.
What the issue is most players don't want to do battle with another guild, they "just want to play the game".

MKPapa

Holding sectors boosts the guild, but its players have to fight to get personal rewards.
The winning strategy is to hold/swap as many sectors as you can, and to have as many fights as you want.
This is why guilds negotiate to maintain the checkboard pattern, frequently stop at 150-159 (in DL) instead of flipping sector right away, and swap sectors by agreement regularly.
GBG is not Wild Wild West somebody might expect or want.

Angry.Blanket

Holding sectors boosts the guild, but its players have to fight to get personal rewards.
The winning strategy is to hold/swap as many sectors as you can, and to have as many fights as you want.
This is why guilds negotiate to maintain the checkboard pattern, frequently stop at 150-159 (in DL) instead of flipping sector right away, and swap sectors by agreement regularly.
GBG is not Wild Wild West somebody might expect or want.
And any guild that doesn't like it can stop it if they are strong enough,

Sledgie

If you don't want stress, don't leave platinum league.

Emberguard

if a guild cant disrupt a farming map it is because they are not strong enough to disrupt it,
It requires twice the amount of strength in a guild to disrupt farming than it would to fight without farming in play

If the guild is strong enough to stop it they are strong enough to participate in it - which is what they do.
exactly

Ebeondi Asi

The Farmers vs fighters argument is longstanding. Some Player abhor farming, others like it. Most Guilds have a combination of the two attitudes.
the main reason fighter go along with farmers is when there are more fights farming than all out fighting. (except when farming with slow guilds, waiting hours for them to fill LOL) fighting eats up a lot more attrition, of which there is only so much around.
Personally if a player wants all out fighting they should get a PC or Laptop, learn GvG where is really is more a fighters ideal.

Angry.Blanket

Any guild that is there only to disrupt won’t last long. The next two stronger guilds will go in coop against them and very few will spend all that effort just to be a thorn without any real rewards outside of this.
And then we stat having fun, GBG, Guild Battles ,fight for what you get, not I want my fare share with out earning it.
My guild shouldn't ever get any tiles if it isn't strong enough to take them. I have never complained when some one wont let me win a fight!
You cant stop 80 active players from getting on the map, you can slow them down, but you cant stop them.
When a guild cant be active enough to even take 1 tile it isn't any ones fault but thier own,

Angry.Blanket

The Farmers vs fighters argument is longstanding. Some Player abhor farming, others like it. Most Guilds have a combination of the two attitudes.
the main reason fighter go along with farmers is when there are more fights farming than all out fighting. (except when farming with slow guilds, waiting hours for them to fill LOL) fighting eats up a lot more attrition, of which there is only so much around.
Personally if a player wants all out fighting they should get a PC or Laptop, learn GvG where is really is more a fighters ideal.
A lot of the farming is strong guilds letting smaller guilds have fights, Most of the time the stronger guild is not interested in being a bully they just want to win the competition , GvG is just 10 minutes per day, and way to goods expensive to maintain for any more than that.
Most fighters do both. Most top guilds do both.

LoveNkind

12 people can’t compete with a full guild for a full season. We have about 40 regular fighters with about 20 6k + per season and the remaining 3k+ or about 120,000 fights + 60k fights for both . With 12 you are all getting 15 K fights per season ? Possible but not with any kind of a life outside of FoE. This excludes the remaining 30 players fights of about 20k fights.
Diamond League Play is totally different from lower leagues. All spots fill up within an hour or two in Diamond League, except outermost ones sometimes. The only way to get more fights and rewards is swapping.
Swapping is incomprehensible to Gold League and below, and mostly in Platinum League. They get horrendously offended if you conquer "their" tile and consider it imperative to "teach you a lesson" by sacrificing their own best opportunities in order to take you down.
I have seen guilds of even one player do well in Platinum and below. Diamond League often requires several players working on a tile at once in order to get it before a rival guild.

LoveNkind

I
Unfortunately, boycotting won't solve the problems with Battlegrounds because there will always be 1 other guild that will cooperate with the bully for the season. Perhaps there needs to be a Diamond+ League where guilds can opt in if they want. That way, the so-called super-Guilds can fight among themselves. Or conversely, a Diamond- Guild where guilds can opt out.
see the problem as existing only in Diamond League. The problem in Diamond League is that many of these guilds are so good that they shut out other guilds' opportunities to play at all. Or to look at it from another angle--the map is too small for most Diamond Leaguers to play to their heart's content as is usually possible in Platinum and below. Diamond League should have a bigger map or a shorter timer or 4 guilds per map.