1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Carnival 2019 Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Feb 14, 2019.

1. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Why did you continue opening chests after you had one upgrade? Why have you not waited until the base piece was offered again? Every piece and every upgrade has appeared multiple times during multiple time frames, changing every 6 hours. If you keep missing them, I don't know what to tell you.

Sounds like you've done multiple things wrong this event, none of which is Inno's fault.

2. Mbrusl

Mbrusl New Member

Okay thank you for that insight!

3. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

No it isn't. It is easier.

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  4. Alaric the Goth II

Alaric the Goth II Member

This is my 3rd Carnival - they have gotten worse every year - this one takes the cake - they are tight with the prizes - gotten 30 5 minute supply rushed a couple of buildings and a handful of prints I don't need - in 2 worlds - I'm at the point I spend florins to try and stay in the bronze league to get the 1 up kit - hich speaks to how pathetic this and other events have become - what happened, Inno - you used to be good

5. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

If you have to fight to stay in bronze league that means you didn’t play very actively. I don’t know why would you expect to get anything good laying back.

6. Wildelk68

Wildelk68 Active Member

The problem with this event in particular is the useless rewards but like all the rest of these events its just too damn long! I get quest fatigue from these endless money grabs!!

7. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Just for fun, here's a little Venetian neighborhood I slapped together in the City Planner.

venice.jpg

8. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

You forgot the Town Hall! :p
    EDIT: It should the LMA Town Hall, since that was when the Renaissance took place, and Venice was a big part of that.

9. LordAntonious

LordAntonious Member

First thing to say about this event is that it is at least 10 days too long. Second thing is that the element of luck is a big feature of winning the required prizes and so the effort in completing quests is not rewarded. But this is 2nd point is partially compensated by the 2.5k and 3k florins won at certain milestones and I have been able to get the main prize with these rewards.

I just need two more upgrades to complete the set but I am not sure if I will keep it in my city. The small scale of the buildings make it look out of place and I would have preferred buildings similar in format to the athletics buildings. There are the existing renaissance villa and mansions so the new buildings could have been standalone ones to match.

There are 2 main drawbacks to the set: one is that it can only be laid out in one way and so you cannot use one building in more than one set (unlike the indian palace set). And secondly the buildings can be plundered. So even if you win the complete set you may not enjoy the benefits if plunderers are active in your hood.

The final comment on this event is that for young cities without the benefit of GBs the amount of goods or supplies that need to be gathered is a bit high. Also without attack GBs it is difficult to defeat medium or large armies that sometimes come up in the quests.

10. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

thats there fualt for not camping and building up army.im in hma, and i have a 85% attack , and more with a tavern boost..

11. Scorpio96

Scorpio96 New Member

They could be a new player to that particular world or the game entirely. So, if they had just started that city a few weeks to a month before the event then it would be more challenging for them to fight or donate large amounts of Goods. Therefore, they would not have had enough time to camp & not enjoy the same benefits of a more established city.

12. WiseNoblekhan

WiseNoblekhan Member

I started 3 new cities in this event. I have my main city which hopefully I will get the full leveled set if I don't get kicked out of the Bronze League.

I leveled up two of my new cities to IA but could not level up the third city from BA to IA because of time issues.

Overall I think I did very well in all three of my new cities almost having complete Piazza Sets except missing an upgrade or one building in all three new cities. I also got two Gondola Dock Markets in two of my cities during the event.

I am new player, and I started three new cities during this event and completed all the quests for the Carnival up til today, March 10. It was a marathon for sure.

I didn't want to but I spent 1500 of the 1700 diamonds I had left over from the Forge Bowl in order to complete the quests in all three cities.

My question is about upgrading event buildings. Since my Piazza Set will be in Bronze Age will the set still function when I level up to Iron Age and if I need to upgrade the set do I need 10 renovation kits for each of the set buildings?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  13. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

The set will still function just fine. The mask vendor automatically ages up, you will need four oneup/reno kits for the other pieces, but if you look at what they provide, you may decide not to age them up. It doesn't matter what age a piece is, it still provides a boost to its neighbors no matter what.

14. Tony Harris

Tony Harris New Member

This is the worst Event I have ever seen for this game (get away from these sets & upgrades make something that all players would like to have even those of us who has been playing for years).I can't wait until it's done.

15. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Noarsil, Rugnir, Sinerania
    Generally speaking, the various boosts (attack, defense, production, etc) provided by some event buildings increase at certain Ages (but not necessarily with every Age), while others don't. Amount of coins, supplies, medals, population, happiness typically increases each Age - but amount of fp's rarely increases. Goods output number is often unchanged, but you get the goods corresponding to the Age of the building (not the Age you're in).

So, some buildings you may want to use 1Up kit (increases by 1 Age) or reno kit (increases to your current Age no matter what Age it was before) when you advance an Age. Others you may leave as is. Each building functions fine irregardless of what Ages they are, even if part of a set

You can check any building's (or most anything else) stats for every Age via the fan wiki...
    https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki

16. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

Thank you for repeating yourself with absolute nothing

17. Agent327

You forgot the Colosseum.

18. Agent327

Set can be laid out in more than one way and the Indian Palace set can be plundered as well.

19. Agent327

Would you please make up your mind?

20. Scorpio96

Scorpio96 New Member

Sorry to correct you but the Colosseum is in Rome